5,407 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

from all that I have read about expedites, it really has to be something close to a death bed situation, but then again, there was an expedite approved and the girl posted that her reason was that she could not afford to pay her rent AND pay for the immigration process... ( which kind of floored me)

Most of the expedites I have seen lately have been for humaniterian reasons... dangerous situation in the other country.

I don't think stress would count as a reason to expedite since childbirth is not... Not even a c-section.... Then again.. I saw a post recently about a woman who was having a hernia operation on Nov 1st and they approved the expedite.... I guess it all depends on who looks at your file and how caring and empathetic they are.

Try it an see what happens. Worst they can say is No. Then you can say you tried everything you could to get through this hell hole

I thin the majority of USCIS simply sucks and are cold heartless, souless people end of story. Wasn't there a poster who's husband was in Egypt during all that upheaval and it took like a letter to Obama before USCIS even would consider her expedite? I remember something like that. Life or death and they still say no. My husband always says, in India no one wants to do their job, so they always look for ways to do less work (thats why bribery is so prevalent there)...he's beginning to wonder if thats how the people in USCIS are!

On a side note, the fact that the girl who couldn't pay her rent AND immi fees, got approved makes me a little happy. That is the exact grounds for expedite my husband and I are currently applying for. :-) fingers crossed.

event.png
04/11/13 - NOA1 for I-130
12/10/13 - NOA2 for I-130
12/20/13 - Case Received by NVC
01/17/14 - Case # & invoice # assigned (called twice per week)
01/23/14 - DS-261 available & submitted
01/24/14 - AOS payment invoiced
01/28/14 - Paid AOS fee, status "in process"
01/30/14 - AOS Fee status "PAID"
01/31/14 - IV fee invoiced & paid, status "in process"
02/03/14 - AOS Package mailed via USPS w/tracking
02/04/14 - IV Fee status "PAID", DS-260 available.
02/05/14 - DS-260 submitted, IV Package mailed via DHL w/tracking
02/06/14 - USPS tracking confirms AOS package arrived @NVC
02/07/14 - DHL tracking confirms IV package arrived @NVC
02/07/14 - AOS package entered into system
02/10/14 - IV package entered into system
03/04/14 - Checklist received for joint sponsor's I-864 (requesting 2013 tax transcripts)
03/06/14 - Mailed Response to AOS checklist
03/06/14 - Received IV Package FALSE checklist
03/10/14 - USPS tracking confirms AOS checklist response arrived @NVC
03/13/14 - AOS checklist response entered into system
03/28/14 - CASE COMPLETE with checklist for corrected joint sponsor I-864 to be carried to interview.
04/02/14 - Interview Date assigned, May 13, Mumbai!
04/13/14 - Interview complete...221g given requesting I-864a from co-sponsor's spouse
04/16/14 - FedExed I-864a and evidences to Mumbai.

Filed: Timeline

Choose the option that does not require a request ID number. Thats what I did. It didn't pertain to my request but that's how I got my appointment. They weren't able to answer any case specific information though, so if that's what your hoping for don't be disappointed.

what did u discuss if u couldnt discuss your case status questions?

Guys, I have asked for an expedite in my case. The reason that we mentioned is: As my wife is a nurse, so she has to deal with sick and injured people on daily basis. Waiting for such a long time has stressed her a lot and we want the case to be expedited under National Interest and an Emergency situation due to lives of Americans being affected and she cannot afford to have her attention taken by other stress. Lives will be affected due to unnecessary stress if the case is not expedited.

We got the letters from her employers as well stating the same thing and attached along with the application.

Do you guys think that it will be considered for an expedite?

protest6wz.gif

This is bunch of ....

I hope you dont get it. Have a nice day.

MSC

I-130 Received date April 24, 2013

NOA1 April, 26 2013

December 03, 2013 Transfer Notice

December 06, 2013 Received hard copy I-797C

Transferred to California Service Center

December 07, 2013 NOA2 APPROVED

January 29,2014 AOS PAID

February 06, 2014 IV PAID

February 12, 2014 I-864EZ mailed

February 12, 2014 DS-260 Support documents sent

February 12, 2014 DS-260 completed

March 12, 2013 CASE CLOSED

April 03, 2014 Interview....

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Guys, I have asked for an expedite in my case. The reason that we mentioned is: As my wife is a nurse, so she has to deal with sick and injured people on daily basis. Waiting for such a long time has stressed her a lot and we want the case to be expedited under National Interest and an Emergency situation due to lives of Americans being affected and she cannot afford to have her attention taken by other stress. Lives will be affected due to unnecessary stress if the case is not expedited.

We got the letters from her employers as well stating the same thing and attached along with the application.

Do you guys think that it will be considered for an expedite?

protest6wz.gif

This is bunch of ....

HAHA this is insane. I work in Emergency Department at Children's Hospital, Can I expedite my case based on that because I am stressed and it's affecting the life of american kids, LOL there is no way they will approve that request.

Edited by goldensky99

I will not let anyone walk through my mind with their dirty feet.

~ Mahatma Gandhi

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline

Any approvals today? Last week in October right around the corner...

Everyone looking out for that NOA2 ClockWatch2.gif

Kevin & Amanda =)

-Full Timeline On Profile-

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Hi everyone - so I finally tried the Tier 2 operator call, and got pretty much the same response as everyone else. Both operators were perfectly nice, but can't say anything other than, "You haven't been transferred to a local office" (which is actually useful information) and the same "They're working on October 2012" that everyone else has gotten.

Obviously we all know that October 2012 aren't the only files getting approved right now, so my theory is that in order to avoid complaints, they are basing their standard processing times off of the OLDEST files that are currently being processed and not the AVERAGE age of the files being approved. That gives the MSC the largest window of time before people can start complaining about being outside "standard processing times".

Not that it makes it okay - and I'm just guessing - but I suspect that's the reasoning behind it.

It does start to make me really nervous that he won't get here before next summer - even though we are legally married, we are planning a family wedding ceremony for next June, and we had thought initially that there was no way this process would take longer than that. Now it looks like our worst-case scenario might come true - and we have to start planning for it just in case. Luckily, I am in a position to possibly take a month off in the summer (skype in for work meetings and such) and go be with him in Germany, which we might have to do if it comes to that.

Let's hope that it doesn't, and we all start to hear more April approvals soon. And let's send some good thoughts to those poor people from October 2012 who might still be waiting for approvals!

em

ROUND 1:

29 Aug 2011 - Started dating

05 Oct 2012 - SO's J-1 visa expires, returns to Germany

21 Dec 2012 - Engaged in Germany
21 Mar 2013 - Married in US
26 Mar 2013 - Husband returns to Germany (again)

12 Apr 2013 - I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

19 Apr 2013 - NOA1 received (notice date 4/16/2013)

11 Dec 2013 - NOA2
16 Dec 2013 - Hard copy NOA2 received
22 Jan 2014 - Received Case # and IIN from NVC - we're in the system!

21 Mar 2014 - CASE COMPLETE!! (received info by calling NVC on 24 March)

06 May 2014 - interview date

16 May 2014 - POE

ROUND 2: I-751 process - just getting started!

18 Apr 2016 - I-751 packet sent to California Service Center

28 Apr 2016 - money order cashed

02 May 2016 - NOA1 received - phew!

16 May 2016 - biometrics appt

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: China
Timeline

i had a conversation with some people on a thread on the forum. I think I understand this a little better now. I could help if you want to take a look.

cr-1 or k1,whats better plus other questions

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Congo DR
Timeline

what did u discuss if u couldnt discuss your case status questions?

I asked questions about expedite and things relating to my case, but what I meant was she could not answer questions about how long the process would be exactly or where my case was in line of processing. She did say cases are taking about 6 months now and that ended up being absolutely true in my case. Edited by kiky

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

protest6wz.gif

This is bunch of ....

This is is unnecessary and rude! You have a right to your opinion, but we try to be supportive on this thread. We are all going through the same process and there is nothing stopping someone from trying for an expedite. If you have the right evidence to back up your case, then you might just get lucky and USCIS approves it.

This person was asking for opinions, you could have simply said "no you won't" or "this is a bunch of....." and moved on. No need to add the "I hope you don't get it". How would you like it if I now told you "i hope it takes your petition another year to get through!" Its just rude and childish. Sad.

event.png
04/11/13 - NOA1 for I-130
12/10/13 - NOA2 for I-130
12/20/13 - Case Received by NVC
01/17/14 - Case # & invoice # assigned (called twice per week)
01/23/14 - DS-261 available & submitted
01/24/14 - AOS payment invoiced
01/28/14 - Paid AOS fee, status "in process"
01/30/14 - AOS Fee status "PAID"
01/31/14 - IV fee invoiced & paid, status "in process"
02/03/14 - AOS Package mailed via USPS w/tracking
02/04/14 - IV Fee status "PAID", DS-260 available.
02/05/14 - DS-260 submitted, IV Package mailed via DHL w/tracking
02/06/14 - USPS tracking confirms AOS package arrived @NVC
02/07/14 - DHL tracking confirms IV package arrived @NVC
02/07/14 - AOS package entered into system
02/10/14 - IV package entered into system
03/04/14 - Checklist received for joint sponsor's I-864 (requesting 2013 tax transcripts)
03/06/14 - Mailed Response to AOS checklist
03/06/14 - Received IV Package FALSE checklist
03/10/14 - USPS tracking confirms AOS checklist response arrived @NVC
03/13/14 - AOS checklist response entered into system
03/28/14 - CASE COMPLETE with checklist for corrected joint sponsor I-864 to be carried to interview.
04/02/14 - Interview Date assigned, May 13, Mumbai!
04/13/14 - Interview complete...221g given requesting I-864a from co-sponsor's spouse
04/16/14 - FedExed I-864a and evidences to Mumbai.

This is is unnecessary and rude! You have a right to your opinion, but we try to be supportive on this thread. We are all going through the same process and there is nothing stopping someone from trying for an expedite. If you have the right evidence to back up your case, then you might just get lucky and USCIS approves it.

This person was asking for opinions, you could have simply said "no you won't" or "this is a bunch of....." and moved on. No need to add the "I hope you don't get it". How would you like it if I now told you "i hope it takes your petition another year to get through!" Its just rude and childish. Sad.

I think the comment was fine.. They have a right to their opinion just as you do.. You think it is rude, and thats fine... This is a public forum...

I will add that it is kind of insensitive to post something about asking for an expedite due to stress when we are all in the same boat. I think alot of people look at it like this.... WE ARE ALL SUPER STRESSED so if that is a reason to expedite, then we should all be approved. That poster was asking opinions and they got it. I am very opinionated and I am not afraid to voice it... If you don't like it, scroll right on by. Not everybody sees life through rose colored glasses. Some see it as it is.

That person is fortunate enough to even have a job. The other poster was right about changing jobs if they can't handle the stress. Nursing and anyone who works at a hospital is stressful to begin with and they know that going into the job. Its a known fact that nurses get burnt out very fast. Going through the immigration process on top of doing your everyday job is not a reason for expedite.(IMHO).. YES OR NO??? The rest of us are waiting just like them... I personally went to my doctor just 2 days ago. he honestly told me my blood work shows my stress hormones are threw the roof and I better start yoga or something because it will kill me. He asked me what makes me happy... I told him that would be my husband.. SOOOO, maybe I should ask for an expedite. My stress actually is causing medical problems... And I have never been sick in my entire life... ( and I'm no spring chicken)

Let people voice their opinion. It is part of the stress of going through this god awful process. Nobody misses their spouse more than the other.

Nobody is stopping that poster from filing an expedite.. I say go for it, but when you post on a public forum with a bunch of people who are in line for the same thing, you have to expect that not everyone will agree...

I see so many people complaining about the processing times on the all the threads. And IMO it is a bit obnoxious to see every response telling people to goto a thread and join the campaign ( alright already... jeeze) This is a long processes.... No you tube video or letter to your congressman will make the process go any faster. If Y'all think it will help, then by all means, Knock yourselves out..... if that is how you want to spend your time.

The first thing my lawyer told me was to disregard the BS about immigration online. He reminded me that the Immigration dept was created to keep people OUT. Everyone seems to think it is their right to have their spouse here. NO, its a priviledge. That is why there is a process. It sucks that it takes so long.... and yes, we are free to marry whoever we want... The USCIS did not tell you to marry a foreigner. It is what it is. You are also free to move to your spouses country if you don't like the process here. I can only assume that is the thought process at the USCIS ( but again, only my opinion)

Me personally, I wouldn't EVER post my face or my children on the internet complaining about a government process especially while I was going through that process. They say to be careful what you post on the internet because it is there forever for all to see. When we all sent our petitions in, we knew it would be long and uncertain. ( at least I did)

I am sure I am going to offend many people with this post... and I don't really care....Keep scrolling if you don't like it... Just as I do when I see posts I don't like. I kind of feel the same when I see so many whiners ( yes, I went there) posting the same things over and over again.. " when will my file be approved?" " why is it taking so long?"

I am here to watch the approvals come through. I don't believe half of what I read here. But I will say Congratulations Blueberry Pancake for being super proactive and looking for facts elsewhere. You go girl !! ( not sarcastic)

Married March 9, 2013
NOA1 I-130 April 12, 2013

Transferred to TSC Nov 27, 2013
APPROVED March 18, 2014 FINALLY ! ! ! !! 11 MONTHS & 6 LONG DAYS FOR MY NOA2
Case shipped from TSC to NVC March 21, 2014
Rec'd NOA2 hard copy March 22, 2014
Case rec'd & Case Number assigned April 1, 2014
AMAZING !!!
PAID IV and AOS fees online April 5, 2014
Fees show paid/DS 260 avail. /DS260 submitted/AOS&IV pkg sent April 9, 2014
FEDEX delivered @ NVC April 11, 2014
Revised AOS pkg delivered April 15, 2014
AOS & IV rec'd& scanned in @ NVC April 15, 2014
Revised AOS scanned April 18, 2014
AOS checklist for income and IV pkg April 30, 2014 (checklist expected due to Lawyers mistakes)
DS260 accepted April 30, 2014
Checklist for Birth cert/police cert May 1, 2014
AOS accepted May 5, 2014

Birth cert scanned MAY 8, 2014

CASE COMPLETE JUNE 4, 2014 CC letter received via email June 11, 2014

INTERVIEW JULY 15, 2014

Waiver finally FedEx'd to Phoenix Lockbox August 21, 2014

WAIVER APPROVED December 17, 2014

Received Instruction Letter via email December 23, 2014

Final Embassy Appointment January 5, 2015 YAY !

Visa ISSUED January 12, 2015

event.png

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

wow.gifi think that comment was a bit insensitive..................offtopic45vn.gif..................Off-Topic2.gif

i also think a request for expedite is much better to get attention on your petition than lets say contacting your congressman or applying for a K3, and everyone should apply for an expedite as soon as they can if they think so, especially when you have been waiting for so long.

Edited by The Beekeeper

arrow.gifUSCIS I-130 Petition: i130_file_yes.gifi130_noa1_yes.gifi130_noa2_yes.gif

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hey Folks...Luk , goldensky99 and lovemytico........ just chill guys..... If you don't like my post, just don't answer to that. I am not asking you specifically to comment on the same. There are other sensible VJers also who can give an answer. I didn't asked you for your expert comments. Behave like mature guys...okayyyy... All of us here know that we all are frustrated and want just a way out to get out from this waiting process.

Go ahead guys, i am not stopping you from filing for an expedite for any blah blah... reason. Everybody is trying on their own and so i am. I filed for this just caz of a suggestion from a VJer only, otherwise there was no need to wait for 7 months, i wud have filed it longggg back.

Dear Luk, thank you so much for your kind wishes, but even then i will pray that your petition should got approved as soon as possible. Ur hopes doesn't matter for me dude. If your hopes wud have been so strong your case might have got approved by now. Just calm down buddy.

Dear goldensky99, even if you won't file for an expedite, your case will be processed normally only, i think there is no harm in trying. U never know wt will work out for you. Even sitting idle won't make any difference.

Dear lovemytiko, its been a while now that i am reading your posts. U r very right, this is public forum, everybody has the right to write anything, but we all are here just to share information/updates and not to depress anyone or to protest a specific person. U have your case and i don't have any problem whatever way you choose to make processing fast. everyone wants to be with their partners ASAP and it was just a step taken for that. I have asked just for OPINIONS NOT DECISIONS. Even i am stresses as you, i am taking my steps, you take your own.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.