2 posts in this topic

Heya Good day from New Zealand . I would like to ask some questions pertaining to issuance of K2 visa. Hopefully , there are members here who have children and were issued K2s.

1. As soon as K1 visa is issued. Do you get the same date of issuance for K2 visa ?

2. Do your children get interviewed as well. My sons are 17 years and 13 years old.

3. When you enter the U.S. and I eventually marry within the few weeks, what happens to the status of my children who have K2 visas. I heard about conditional residency ? What does this exactly mean to them ?

4. Related to 3) . Does conditional residency mean that they can enter school as a local student or do they still need to establish physical residency for at least a year or so . We are looking to migrate to California.

5. Is there anything that you want to add that I need to be mindful with regards to issuance of K2 visa for my children ?

K1 visa questions

1. Can someone post some example of questions being asked at the embassy to obtain a K1 visa

Thanks in advance for your time and support.

Regards.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Heya Good day from New Zealand . I would like to ask some questions pertaining to issuance of K2 visa. Hopefully , there are members here who have children and were issued K2s.

1. As soon as K1 visa is issued. Do you get the same date of issuance for K2 visa ? Refer to the DoS FAQs link below.

2. Do your children get interviewed as well. My sons are 17 years and 13 years old. My stepson did at the US consulate in Guangzhou. Check DoS FAQs link below.

3. When you enter the U.S. and I eventually marry within the few weeks, what happens to the status of my children who have K2 visas. I heard about conditional residency ? What does this exactly mean to them ? Check links below.

4. Related to 3) . Does conditional residency mean that they can enter school as a local student or do they still need to establish physical residency for at least a year or so . We are looking to migrate to California. Check links and info below.

5. Is there anything that you want to add that I need to be mindful with regards to issuance of K2 visa for my children ? See below.

K1 visa questions

1. Can someone post some example of questions being asked at the embassy to obtain a K1 visa

Thanks in advance for your time and support.

Regards.

Welcome to the forum.

Check out the DoS Nonimmigrant K-1 visa FAQs for some information about K-2s:

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/types/types_2994.html

Check with the interviewing consulate/embassy about interviews:

http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=New%20Zealand&cty=Auckland

Here is some links about K-2 visas from GUIDES AOS section:

http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1k3aos

http://www.visajourney.com/content/k2-visa-adjustment-of-status-tips

There is a pinned thread in the AOS from Family Based Visas with great K-2 info:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/287035-calling-all-k-2-aosers-past-and-present/

State College residency requirements vary from state-to-state, Google "California State colleges" for specific information. In the last mentioned thread, I posted a comment about our experience with Washington State college residency requirements. YMMV. Those links should give you a lot of information about the K-2 process, and should answer many of your questions. The important initial step is to be sure to list them, where indicated, on the I-129F petition. Then there will be attention to the K-2s at the consulate interview phase.

Good luck.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.