Karee

Pros and Cons of Islam

95 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Pro - If you have a really ugly wife, no one will know as long as she has pretty eyes.......

Yes yes I know, not all muslims wear a burca.... relax

Edited by GandD

Pro - If you have a really ugly wife, no one will know as long as she has pretty eyes.......

Yes yes I know, not all muslims wear a burca.... relax

I'll say this, I love my wife to death, but the women over there in Malaysia and Indonesia, it's a different ball game, that's all I have to say.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Pork: Stopped eating it when I converted, but I will admit that when I travelled back to STL and the McRib came back out, I was tempted, but I resisted(talk about hurt)

Smoking and Drinking: I come from a long line of drug addicts and alcoholics, every man in my family on both sides struggles with one or both. So I don't drink or smoke anyway. I think this is why my wife was so interested when we first met, she said you're basically a muslim, just have to get rid of the pork eating. Didn't take too much convincing.

I forgot gambling, also a no-no. But when the powerball got up there, we broke down and got tickets :crying:

So basically you are like most Christians.Slip and rebound

I get the smoking and drinking thing. I don't smoke and rarely drink.

The pork thing.. That's just ancient superstitious from back in the day when pork parasites would kill you. Not knocking you particular religion, Christians do sill stuff based on ancient superstitions also. Thing with Christians is we/they tend to pick through the bible and take the parts that mesh with there lifestyle and to hell with the rest.

Amazing isn't it. Someone started a Muslim thread, which did not start with "let me tell you why Israel is so evil and all Palestinians are oppressed Angels" and guess what. No one is attacking. People are asking normal curious questions about your religion.

Edited by The Nature Boy

I'll say this, I love my wife to death, but the women over there in Malaysia and Indonesia, it's a different ball game, that's all I have to say.

That better not be all you have to say.. ??? Come on spill the beans

That better not be all you have to say.. ??? Come on spill the beans

Ok, let me get home and I'll post some pics(my wife is going to kill me) :rofl:

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Ok, let me get home and I'll post some pics(my wife is going to kill me) :rofl:

pssst.. You home yet :dance::dance::dance:

Amazing isn't it. Someone started a Muslim thread, which did not start with "let me tell you why Israel is so evil and all Palestinians are oppressed Angels" and guess what. No one is attacking. People are asking normal curious questions about your religion.

actually, considering i've never read any thread start with "let me tell you why Israel is so evil and all Palestinians are oppressed Angels" EVER, i'd say you just let loose with the first attack. i don't know of anyone who posts here that holds such an opinion.

So basically you are like most Christians.Slip and rebound

I get the smoking and drinking thing. I don't smoke and rarely drink.

The pork thing.. That's just ancient superstitious from back in the day when pork parasites would kill you. Not knocking you particular religion, Christians do sill stuff based on ancient superstitions also. Thing with Christians is we/they tend to pick through the bible and take the parts that mesh with there lifestyle and to hell with the rest.

We are more alike than people realize, that's why it's silly when they quote the Quran and I find the almost exact same thing in the Bible.

I've gotten used to not eating pork so that's good, I miss my salisbury steak though :angry:

We've been lucky, there are a few on here that would have trounced Islam by the 2nd page, but I'm waiting for them to show up so I can give them some kindness and logic:)

Okay, out of respect for my wife and my muslim sisters I won't post the pics from my various travels in the muslims countries. But I will post just this one, because I have permission from the person in the picture:

post-110376-0-44321600-1365720320_thumb.jpg

Edited by Su and Marvin

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Are you playing matchmaker?

Sorry, I called dibs on her 2 years ago :rofl:

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Very pretty lady, with just a hint of mischief in those eyes.

Thank you, contrary to popular belief, RUB women don't have the market cornered on beautiful women, they are everywhere, just need to open your eyes.

I still think she is a russian spy, just haven't gotten enough proof yet :innocent:

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

actually, considering i've never read any thread start with "let me tell you why Israel is so evil and all Palestinians are oppressed Angels" EVER, i'd say you just let loose with the first attack. i don't know of anyone who posts here that holds such an opinion.

Sigh... Ok