PalestineMyHeart

Fear of democracy in the Jewish community

81 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

He can't come up with a single fricken quote to back up his repeated personal attacks on me. Just ignore that troll.

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

1. Christians don't get nearly the amount of negativity Islam gets, not even close.

Granted, I've never been to a Muslim country, or really even out of USA or Canada, I have to think that Christianity gets more negativity in predominately Muslim countries than Islam. Seems like the amount of negativity is based more on percentage of Christians to Muslims in a particular country than a worldwide mentality. I kinda think all religions can be good or bad depending on "interpretation"

Granted, I've never been to a Muslim country, or really even out of USA or Canada, I have to think that Christianity gets more negativity in predominately Muslim countries than Islam. Seems like the amount of negativity is based more on percentage of Christians to Muslims in a particular country than a worldwide mentality. I kinda think all religions can be good or bad depending on "interpretation"

I've been to two Muslim countries, Malaysia and Indonesia, I guess you can say they're more relaxed in comparison to Iran or Iraq. But there was no religion bashing when I was there, they have indians and chinese there so that's budda and hindu all coexisting.

I'm talking in regards to here in the US, you never hear about protests to stop anyone else from moving or building a place of worship.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

1. Christians don't get nearly the amount of negativity Islam gets, not even close. As WOM has stated if someone talks about it, it's a debate, and bet even money Islam will be brought into it even if it has no bearing on the topic at all. Islam is like black gun violence, no matter what happens in other religions, someone will always bring Islam or the prophet into it. I've posted a positive story on it a few months back since one member swore he just posted world news(but 90% are anti-Islam, the other 10% are anti-Obama) and when I asked him to do the same, he disappeared.

2. The part I bolded isn't true. You know why? Becasue every time a story gets posted and we come here to debunk it, it gets nasty every time. Over and over again, I've said we can't speak for the extremists that commit terror and kill in Allah's name. But when we try to post quotes that show the Quran and the Bible are more similar than most people want to admit, when we repost stories that Fox news and other bias stations post that leave out pertinent information which would make the story less sensational they resort to name calling and going off to post more Islamaphobia material. They've made their minds up and want to cause hate and discontent, yet we are the ones called terrorists.

I'll bite.

1. As far as I can tell there are no Christian republics of "Enter country here" However, there are many countries that are Islamic republic of "Enter country here" So based on that I assume they set a good bit of their policies based on Islam. Things such as women not being allowed to vote. Requirement to have a male guardian. Clothing restrictions on women. Their judicial policies, legal system etc. etc. So when these countries institute these policies, of course it falls back on the religion itself, because the country claims to be Islamic country of kingdom or whatever.

2. I don't know about other posters. I can only speak for myself.

Seems like some countries are coming around in the Persian Gulf and instituting more modern policies. Saudi Arabia doesn't seem to be one of them at this point. As I've stated before, I think all religions are equally useless and harmful. I don't discriminate there. The world would be a much better place without organized religion.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

As I've stated before, I think all religions are equally useless and harmful. I don't discriminate there. The world would be a much better place without organized religion.

:luv: agreed!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

The world would be a much better place without organized religion.

Sometimes I think that, then I think people would just make something else up to kill/die over. Race perhaps. At least religion has a couple good morals.

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

If y'all don't want to talk about the OP topic, that's fine. But why don't you go start a thread about the conversation you want to have ?

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Timeline

Sometimes I think that, then I think people would just make something else up to kill/die over. Race perhaps. At least religion has a couple good morals.

Yeah, I think if the threat/fear of someone going to hell for eternity and getting gang raped by evil looking red dudes, stops some guy from sticking a knife in my ribs and stealing my wallet, I can see that benefit of religion. Seems like most modern countries are pretty much secular now, and becoming less religious. Northern and Western Europe for example. I think that's a good thing. If you need some all knowing being to keep your head and your a$$ wired together, and to teach you right from wrong, I think there's other issues going on.

I'll bite.

1. As far as I can tell there are no Christian republics of "Enter country here" However, there are many countries that are Islamic republic of "Enter country here" So based on that I assume they set a good bit of their policies based on Islam. Things such as women not being allowed to vote. Requirement to have a male guardian. Clothing restrictions on women. Their judicial policies, legal system etc. etc. So when these countries institute these policies, of course it falls back on the religion itself, because the country claims to be Islamic country of kingdom or whatever.

2. I don't know about other posters. I can only speak for myself.

Seems like some countries are coming around in the Persian Gulf and instituting more modern policies. Saudi Arabia doesn't seem to be one of them at this point. As I've stated before, I think all religions are equally useless and harmful. I don't discriminate there. The world would be a much better place without organized religion.

1. When Run talked about women not being able to vote and get an educations, some folks posted things that debunked that theory. It's true, some places have those restrictions, but that's not the whole picture. WOM even posted a sentence that said SA is different in regards to Islam since they take the word as it is written, rather than a loose interpretation of it.

2. That wasn't aimed at you, those folks know who they are. I have no issue when someone asks questions about the religion, if I know the answer I'll tell them, if not I will defer to those who know more than I do. I don't mind debating with you because as some point common ground will be reached and we can either agree or not. But the other ones who have hate in their hearts, who just keep posting garbage to spread ignorance, they need a hug.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Timeline

If y'all don't want to talk about the OP topic, that's fine. But why don't you go start a thread about the conversation you want to have ?

No problem.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/424313-pros-and-cons-of-islam/

Timeline

The Republic of the Philippines is wholly dominated by the Catholic Church.

Yeah, that's actually a really good example. A country with a fairly high crime rate and poverty. Birth control is only recently being allowed. Another place where religion has too much control.

1. Christians don't get nearly the amount of negativity Islam gets, not even close. As WOM has stated if someone talks about it, it's a debate, and bet even money Islam will be brought into it even if it has no bearing on the topic at all. Islam is like black gun violence, no matter what happens in other religions, someone will always bring Islam or the prophet into it. I've posted a positive story on it a few months back since one member swore he just posted world news(but 90% are anti-Islam, the other 10% are anti-Obama) and when I asked him to do the same, he disappeared.

2. The part I bolded isn't true. You know why? Becasue every time a story gets posted and we come here to debunk it, it gets nasty every time. Over and over again, I've said we can't speak for the extremists that commit terror and kill in Allah's name. But when we try to post quotes that show the Quran and the Bible are more similar than most people want to admit, when we repost stories that Fox news and other bias stations post that leave out pertinent information which would make the story less sensational they resort to name calling and going off to post more Islamaphobia material. They've made their minds up and want to cause hate and discontent, yet we are the ones called terrorists.

1. I bet Christianity gets more negative exposure in most Islamic countries than Islam. Once again I mean Fundie countries, that do not allow the practice of other religions.

2. That is not true, I posted a story from fox a few months ago about a women arrested in Egypt. You showed me the whole facts and I readily admitted it was inaccurate.

Funny thing. I just sold a car to a doctor from Egypt. When I asked him about Egypt, he got very vocal about why he left and the barbaric practices and violence of the Muslim Brotherhhod and what it has done to Egypt. He said asa catholic he left becuse of the absolute relgious intolarance of the radicals that have taken over.

He can't come up with a single fricken quote to back up his repeated personal attacks on me. Just ignore that troll.

Much like the radicals you refuse to acknowledge , you seem to have a huge problem with dissent and different opinions.