sxsw

Mumbai (Breach Candy) Medical Experience

13 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Below is a summary of the medical exam experience at Breach Candy, Mumbai:

1. You can either go early (before 6:45 am) and wait outside or arrive a bit late and wait in line. Either way you have to wait. X-ray and blood-test are performed from 7:30 am - 9:30 am

2. Inside the facility, they will check your passport and interview letter.

3. Once inside, you will receive a pink form (with self-carbon copy sheets attached) where you need to fill in your information such as name, passport #, case #, gender, etc. You will be required to come outside to fill it out.

4. When you return the form, they will take 3 photographs.

5. After the form is returned, they will call you, take the medical fee and inquire about your medical history. Once you pay the medical fee, they will issue a receipt for the fee and will give you a number.

6. Wait until you they call your number.

7. Once your number is called, they will give you 2 sets of bar-code stickers for x-ray and blood test. It will have the name, age and gender printed on it

8. A doctor will review your records and then they will take a copy of the form (the one attached to the pink form).

9. There will be a wait for the blood test and then they will perform the blood test.

10. There will be a line for x-ray and then they will take your x-ray

11. After the blood-test and x-ray there will be some free time.

12. The physical exam takes place at 10:30, recommend being there on time.

13. Before the doctor examines you, they will measure your height and weight

14. There will be a wait, an eye test is performed and then you wait for the doctor.

15. The doctor will inquire about your medical history and check previous records, they will perform a physical exam. It is good to carry all your medical records and history for the medical exam.

16. If you need vaccination then you will be taken to another office and given the vaccination.

17. There is a sign in the reception area which indicates that you can collect the report at 4pm, but the staff indicated that it could be collected at 3pm. The report is collected in the Godrej Wing near the caféteria. Be sure to take the cash receipt, passport, interview letter.

US Embassy Mumbai has information on the Medical Examination at http://mumbai.usconsulate.gov/medical_examination.html

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi there, thats a good information for the medical, may I ask another question, my fiancee in india suppose to get packet #3 this week and unfortunatly nobody was home and they missed the post and they went to post and and they said they usually send the anything wasnt deliver back to where its come from, so we worried that it might be send back to mumbai consulate that's where it was coming from, and I was concering about that packet #3 whats in it and what was the processing to get visa, and I have another question that is the medical appointment come within the packet or you have to make appointment your self when you recieve the appointment letter? what is the procedure to file a K1 fiancee VISA in mumbai consulate please help

thanx

Below is a summary of the medical exam experience at Breach Candy, Mumbai:

1. You can either go early (before 6:45 am) and wait outside or arrive a bit late and wait in line. Either way you have to wait. X-ray and blood-test are performed from 7:30 am - 9:30 am

2. Inside the facility, they will check your passport and interview letter.

3. Once inside, you will receive a pink form (with self-carbon copy sheets attached) where you need to fill in your information such as name, passport #, case #, gender, etc. You will be required to come outside to fill it out.

4. When you return the form, they will take 3 photographs.

5. After the form is returned, they will call you, take the medical fee and inquire about your medical history. Once you pay the medical fee, they will issue a receipt for the fee and will give you a number.

6. Wait until you they call your number.

7. Once your number is called, they will give you 2 sets of bar-code stickers for x-ray and blood test. It will have the name, age and gender printed on it

8. A doctor will review your records and then they will take a copy of the form (the one attached to the pink form).

9. There will be a wait for the blood test and then they will perform the blood test.

10. There will be a line for x-ray and then they will take your x-ray

11. After the blood-test and x-ray there will be some free time.

12. The physical exam takes place at 10:30, recommend being there on time.

13. Before the doctor examines you, they will measure your height and weight

14. There will be a wait, an eye test is performed and then you wait for the doctor.

15. The doctor will inquire about your medical history and check previous records, they will perform a physical exam. It is good to carry all your medical records and history for the medical exam.

16. If you need vaccination then you will be taken to another office and given the vaccination.

17. There is a sign in the reception area which indicates that you can collect the report at 4pm, but the staff indicated that it could be collected at 3pm. The report is collected in the Godrej Wing near the caféteria. Be sure to take the cash receipt, passport, interview letter.

US Embassy Mumbai has information on the Medical Examination at http://mumbai.usconsulate.gov/medical_examination.html

Thanks for detail post and appreciate it.

I have few question and appreciate if you can answer.

1) How much is total cost to do medical...they said its arnd 1800 rupees...right ??

2) What if you dont have any record on paper about your past medical report...I mean you haven't been to doctors for a while so you have nothing to show to them...what happen in this case ? you jst tell them this ???

Thanks again.......

P.S. When is your interview and for what visa (i.e K1/K3 or IR1/CR1 IV visa ??)

• 2 weeks later...
Hi there, thats a good information for the medical, may I ask another question, my fiancee in india suppose to get packet #3 this week and unfortunatly nobody was home and they missed the post and they went to post and and they said they usually send the anything wasnt deliver back to where its come from, so we worried that it might be send back to mumbai consulate that's where it was coming from, and I was concering about that packet #3 whats in it and what was the processing to get visa, and I have another question that is the medical appointment come within the packet or you have to make appointment your self when you recieve the appointment letter? what is the procedure to file a K1 fiancee VISA in mumbai consulate please help

thanx

Gurdip,

You can download the forms from http://mumbai.usconsulate.gov/ivforms.html

All the forms that we submitted were downloaded from the website, edited in Acrobat and then printed.

Regards,

SXSW

Gurdip,

You can download the forms from http://mumbai.usconsulate.gov/ivforms.html

All the forms that we submitted were downloaded from the website, edited in Acrobat and then printed. We also did not receive Packet #3 because of a hiccup in the mail.

You should make the medical appointment after you get Packet #4 or after you find out the date for the interview. You can track it online at http://mumbai.usconsulate.gov/interview_appt_schedule.html For Breach Candy, the hospital said that you need to schedule the appointment 2 days in advance.

Also note that you are required to submit all documents via VFS: http://mumbai.usconsulate.gov/ivinterview_preparation.html

Regards,

SXSW

Thanks for detail post and appreciate it.

I have few question and appreciate if you can answer.

1) How much is total cost to do medical...they said its arnd 1800 rupees...right ??

2) What if you dont have any record on paper about your past medical report...I mean you haven't been to doctors for a while so you have nothing to show to them...what happen in this case ? you jst tell them this ???

Thanks again.......

P.S. When is your interview and for what visa (i.e K1/K3 or IR1/CR1 IV visa ??)

Hi Raj,

1. The pdf at http://mumbai.usconsulate.gov/medical_examination.html has a detailed breakdown of the medical fees. In addition to the Rs. 1800 for the basic charge, there are administrative charges, vaccination charges, x-rays, etc. The fees vary from hospital location to hospital location.

2. For the medical exam, take any available records, if there is lack of documentation, they will perform the necessary tests and administer the needed vaccination.

Good luck,

SXSW

SXSW:

Thanks for answering my question.....

I have one more question and appreciate if you can answer....

We also didnot get pack-3 because of mail hiccup...and we downloaded, filled and sent them via bluedart courier but when we checked after one week they said they didnot recv it and bluedart said they deliverd next day...anyway my brotherinlaw is going in person tomorrow to submit them another one....

The question is that how long it took to recv pack-4 after you submit the pack-3 ? did you recv pack-4 in postal mail or you had to inquire them ? I am trying to fugure out how long does it take from submisson of pack-3 to interview date in mumbai ?? Also how did you send them pack-3 ? using reg govt mail ???

Thanks again,,

Raj

SXSW:

We also didnot get pack-3 because of mail hiccup...and we downloaded, filled and sent them via bluedart courier but when we checked after one week they said they didnot recv it and bluedart said they deliverd next day...anyway my brotherinlaw is going in person tomorrow to submit them another one....

The question is that how long it took to recv pack-4 after you submit the pack-3 ? did you recv pack-4 in postal mail or you had to inquire them ? I am trying to fugure out how long does it take from submisson of pack-3 to interview date in mumbai ?? Also how did you send them pack-3 ? using reg govt mail ???

Thanks again,,

Raj

Raj,

We sent Packet 3 via courier. Do you have a confirmation receipt and date of delivery from the courier? Do you know your case number? If you don't know your case number, you can call (603) 334-0700, then option 1 for English, then option 5 to speak with an operator to get the case number. You will need beneficiary's date of birth, your date of birth, and your phone number for verification.

Once you have the case number and the confirmation receipt number from the courier, email the embassy; http://mumbai.usconsulate.gov/contact_information.html They have a 1-3 business day turn around time and have been good with detailed email replies. Trying to speak with someone at the embassy by phone proved to be unsuccessful. You can email them with beneficiary's name, case number, courier receipt number with appropriate dates and inquire if they received packet 3, when they plan to send you packet 4 and when they will schedule the interview.

I don't remember anymore, but I think it took 2 months for packet 4 to arrive and on inquiring about interviews we were told they are scheduled within 90 days from the receipt of Packet 3. We received packet4 by mail. You can check when the beneficiary will be scheduled for interview at http://mumbai.usconsulate.gov/interview_appt_schedule.html

Regards,

SXSW

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

Just wondering,

Does this all stands true for Delhi as well. Our case will be going to Delhi Embassy.

--------------------

Timeline

USCIS

I-130

05-Jan-2006: NOA for I130

05-Jun-2006: I130 approved

NVC

29-Jul-06: NVC Case Number Assigned

04-Oct-06: I-864 delivered to NVC

26-Oct-06: IV Fee received by NVC

06-Nov-06: Mailed DS-230

07-Nov-06: NVC receives DS-230 at 11:10am

13-Nov-06: NVC entered Ds-230 in system

15-Dec-06: NVC case completed

19-Dec-06: NVC Sent the case to New Delhi

US Embassy New Delhi

22-Dec-06:Recieved the Package from NVC

29-Dec-06:Marked the Package recieved

13-Jan-07 :Clearance Complete

25-Jan-07 :Mailed packet 4 to Beneficiaries

25-Jan-07 :Scheduled for Interviews for March 20th & March 21st.

21-Mar-07 :Interview

28-Mar-07 :Visa mailed home

03-Jun-07 : Migrated to USA

Just wondering,

Does this all stands true for Delhi as well. Our case will be going to Delhi Embassy.

There is a good write-up on the process for New Delhi US Embassy.

Process Overview: http://newdelhi.usembassy.gov/packet4chlst.html

Medical: http://newdelhi.usembassy.gov/medical_report.html

Visa Appointment Schedule: http://newdelhi.usembassy.gov/visa_interview_dates.html

Regards,

SXSW

SXSW:

Thanks again,,

Raj

Raj,

We sent Packet 3 via courier. Do you have a confirmation receipt and date of delivery from the courier? Do you know your case number? If you don't know your case number, you can call (603) 334-0700, then option 1 for English, then option 5 to speak with an operator to get the case number. You will need beneficiary's date of birth, your date of birth, and your phone number for verification.

Once you have the case number and the confirmation receipt number from the courier, email the embassy; http://mumbai.usconsulate.gov/contact_information.html They have a 1-3 business day turn around time and have been good with detailed email replies. Trying to speak with someone at the embassy by phone proved to be unsuccessful. You can email them with beneficiary's name, case number, courier receipt number with appropriate dates and inquire if they received packet 3, when they plan to send you packet 4 and when they will schedule the interview.

I don't remember anymore, but I think it took 2 months for packet 4 to arrive and on inquiring about interviews we were told they are scheduled within 90 days from the receipt of Packet 3. We received packet4 by mail. You can check when the beneficiary will be scheduled for interview at http://mumbai.usconsulate.gov/interview_appt_schedule.html

Regards,

SXSW

Thanks SXSW and appreciate it....Yes, I have been emailing them and calling as well...so got the case no. etc but, unfortunately, they didnot recv the courier(they said no even after 7 bus days) so my wife went there and delivered in person just another duplicate pack-3...and I guess now we are waiting for pack-4 from them....will send them email next week.....

Just wondering, what kind of visa have you applied at ...K1, K3, IR1 ???

Thanks againg for the detail resp...and good luck to you...

Raj

Thanks SXSW and appreciate it....Yes, I have been emailing them and calling as well...so got the case no. etc but, unfortunately, they didnot recv the courier(they said no even after 7 bus days) so my wife went there and delivered in person just another duplicate pack-3...and I guess now we are waiting for pack-4 from them....will send them email next week.....

Just wondering, what kind of visa have you applied at ...K1, K3, IR1 ???

Thanks againg for the detail resp...and good luck to you...

Raj

Raj,

We went through the K1 visa process.

Regards,

SxSW

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.