hzainuddin

PVC vs PCC

15 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hey guys,

I am having some trouble with this step in obtaining a PCC. Before I begin I want to thank you guys for this website, I almost exclusively used the guides and because of it I my wife has finally gotten her interview date for April 29th.

So heres the deal. My wife lives in India and her passport was issued in Surat. She went to the police visa office and obtained a PVC (Police Verification Certificate) which states that she is eligible to travel to USA. It is signed by the police commissioner. However, the commissioner had my wife go to the local police station and obtain a PCC. The PCC is giving us a really hard time, first they are asking for a marriage certificate to be registered in india and secondly the officer even said that she will need to have the husbands name on the passport and she must make a new passport.

All of this has really gotten unnecessarily convoluted. My question was that is it okay to just submit the PVC form since it has given clearance?

I contacted NVC and they couldn't really help, they suggested I call the US embassy in India but they are closed. So I thought I might trying asking y'all first

Sorry for the long drawn out question. But any assistance would be greatly appreciated

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hey guys,

I am having some trouble with this step in obtaining a PCC. Before I begin I want to thank you guys for this website, I almost exclusively used the guides and because of it I my wife has finally gotten her interview date for April 29th.

So heres the deal. My wife lives in India and her passport was issued in Surat. She went to the police visa office and obtained a PVC (Police Verification Certificate) which states that she is eligible to travel to USA. It is signed by the police commissioner. However, the commissioner had my wife go to the local police station and obtain a PCC. The PCC is giving us a really hard time, first they are asking for a marriage certificate to be registered in india and secondly the officer even said that she will need to have the husbands name on the passport and she must make a new passport.

All of this has really gotten unnecessarily convoluted. My question was that is it okay to just submit the PVC form since it has given clearance?

I contacted NVC and they couldn't really help, they suggested I call the US embassy in India but they are closed. So I thought I might trying asking y'all first

Sorry for the long drawn out question. But any assistance would be greatly appreciated

What did you submit to NVC to get case complete? Hiw did you obtain the first police report?

You need to ask in your countries forum since this is country specific.

A PVC won't do any good. NVC and embassy needs to see certificate of police record. If no criminal record than its clear. But you need that. Go ask in forum to see what others did you don't have much tome.

Also could you go to the May Interviews and add yourself to the list we keep of ll case complete and upcoming interviews.

I know it says may but we have april interviews there also.

Edited by dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Which forums are you talking about exactly. Can you possibly link them

on your posted question click on the report button. Then tyoe that you want this topic moved to the India forum for better response.

The Admins will than move.

Forums for different countries if u want to follow ur country click on portals at top of page than u put in what countries u want updates to and follow.

The different countries forums where u can see the topics listed go to forums and go almost to bottom is regional discussions and you can than select ur region.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline

Thanks,

To answer your question. I submitted DS3032 form and the affidavit of support form along with all the civil documents except for the PCC. The NVC accepted the documents and gave my wife instructions to bring the missing documents (which in this case was the PCC) to the interview. Now we are running into this problem which is giving us a lot of headache

Timeline

hey brother,dont stress too much about it.

the nvc accepts a POLICE CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE and PVC will not be a good idea.

The process of getting,a PCC is rather simple and u will have to get it at a PASSPORT SEVA KENDRA.usually it is issued within 1 day only,if there is not previous criminal record and the address on passport is same as the current address.

NVC accepts PCC isued by the passport centers only.additionally the passport center also stamps the passport as being POLICE cleared.

register on this site,and get a PCC form filled,usually u dont have to get an appointment for PCC,u can walk in at any passport seva kendra after filling the form online.

http://passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/welcomeLink

hope it helped.

Timeline

hey brother,dont stress too much about it.

the nvc accepts a POLICE CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE and PVC will not be a good idea.

The process of getting,a PCC is rather simple and u will have to get it at a PASSPORT SEVA KENDRA.usually it is issued within 1 day only,if there is not previous criminal record and the address on passport is same as the current address.

NVC accepts PCC isued by the passport centers only.additionally the passport center also stamps the passport as being POLICE cleared.

register on this site,and get a PCC form filled,usually u dont have to get an appointment for PCC,u can walk in at any passport seva kendra after filling the form online.

http://passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/welcomeLink

hope it helped.

Thank you, I appreciate your response. In this particular situation the police office at Surat is giving us quite a hard time. Following that link my wife applied for the PCC process, filled out the required application and submitted it.

After it was completed the commissioner gave Police Verification Certificate and directed my wife to go to the local police station in order to collect a PCC. For some apparent reason it is required that in order to get a PCC the name and information must match what is shown on the passport. Meaning since she stated she was married, the passport also had to show married status along with a husband name entered. So, they are now making her apply to have a passport reissued with my name on it.

So heres the crazy part. Once the reissued passport arrives she will then have to go to the police station apply for the PCC and wait approx eight days for a officer to knock on her door and confirm that she is living there.

Okay so last but not least. Even if we get all that, the reissued passport will most likely not have the same passport number that was filed through NVC and sent to the embassy.

So now, I am facing with rescheduling another 2-5 month wait period on the off chance that maybe the whole passport number changing wont confuse the ####### out of embassy folks.

In any case heres to wishing the best.. lol

So has anyone been through this. Or would now if reissuing a passport will cause a major upset for the embassy? Would you still recommend her showing up for the interview for the 29th or just reschedule.

Let me know any feed back is appreciated

Timeline

if u do not have a PASSPORT SEVA KENDRA in your city,you should visit the REGIONAL PASSPORT OFFICE and inquire about them issuing the PCC.

Its the job of the passport office and rarely the police is involved.

i got my PCC from the PASSPORT SEVA KENDRA after i filled the online form and took it there.it was issued to be the same day.

I called NVC yesterday and they told me the IV package has been reviewed and is completed and accepted. However, I received an email today- a Checklist. This is what it reads:

"______10 - PASSPORT POLICE CERTIFICATE:____________________________

Indian Police Clearance Certificates should be obtained as follows:

•All Indian IV applicants aged 16 and above, residing in India, should obtain police

certificates from the local Passport Office.

•Indian passport holders applying for visas outside India should obtain a statement from their

local embassy or consulate confirming they have no criminal record.

•Non-Indian IV applicants residing in India should obtain police certificates from the District

Police Station serving their area of residence.

•Indian police certificates are not available for foreign (non-Indian) applicants applying

outside India."

What does this mean?? This is for my husband in Mumbai, India who submitted the IV package.

I got an email saying that they received the IV package and are waiting for my AOS (which I already mailed and they should get it by tomorrow).

Please help! I thought the IV was accepted according to the the lady whom I spoke to yesterday. :bonk:

I just called NVC. And he told me that NVC doesn't need the Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) and that my husband would need to take the PCC with him at the time of his interview. I asked him again to make sure and that's what he said. I asked him if he would send the original back, and he said that the husband can just take a copy of the PCC with him to the interview. Is this correct? Any feedback would be appreciated.

Timeline

I just called NVC. And he told me that NVC doesn't need the Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) and that my husband would need to take the PCC with him at the time of his interview. I asked him again to make sure and that's what he said. I asked him if he would send the original back, and he said that the husband can just take a copy of the PCC with him to the interview. Is this correct? Any feedback would be appreciated.

PCC isnt required at NVC but your husband would need to take the original PCC with him to the interview. Make sure he also takes a photocopy with him as they will need to keep a copy.

PCC isnt required at NVC but your husband would need to take the original PCC with him to the interview. Make sure he also takes a photocopy with him as they will need to keep a copy.

Yeah, that's what NVC told me. But NVC has the original PCC since we sent it with the IV package. We do have photocopy, but not the original. Will NVC send the PCC along with the rest of the documents to the embassy?

Timeline

Yeah, that's what NVC told me. But NVC has the original PCC since we sent it with the IV package. We do have photocopy, but not the original. Will NVC send the PCC along with the rest of the documents to the embassy?

Yes they will...just make sure to get the original PCC back at the interview....and give them a photocopy

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.