Sahs

USEM & Direction Following MNL Number

44 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hahaha!!! Indeed, Gents, indeed!! Only trouble is my darling loves my Caribbean cooking too, so we both cook for each other. As such, it can very well be a phone call from her while I'm at the office asking, "What's for dinner". lol As for desert, well well well, that's another story all together. lol

I'm really looking forward to touching down in Manila soon and just being us again. Her coming home will be a day cherished always.

Cheers guys!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HANK!!!???!!! Man, I'm glad to see you! I've been reading your above over and over again and it's a great read.

Hank is always spot on ....

Timeline

Hank & others,

With us planning on my Fiancee going to Manila next week for her medical and for her CFO Seminal thereafter, I want to (somehow) insure that she has everything she needs to make them both happen without much grief. I'm hoping you guys can shed some light on the requirement and my timing... Would it be better to delay until the following week, which in one week prior to the interview?

1) MEDICAL

- What if the Case File hasn't shown up at the Embassy yet from the NVC; will they still let her undergo her medical examinations?

- What documents and forms are needed when she goes to St. Luke's?

- She had an x-ray done in 2010, prior to going to work abroad in Europe. What if she cannot get a copy of the film?

2) CFO Seminar

- We have not received the letter from the US Embassy yet as they have not received the Case file from the NVC thus far. Will this be an issue? I ready about many that had underdone the seminar many months in advance.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hank & others,

With us planning on my Fiancee going to Manila next week for her medical and for her CFO Seminal thereafter, I want to (somehow) insure that she has everything she needs to make them both happen without much grief. I'm hoping you guys can shed some light on the requirement and my timing... Would it be better to delay until the following week, which in one week prior to the interview?

1) MEDICAL

- What if the Case File hasn't shown up at the Embassy yet from the NVC; will they still let her undergo her medical examinations?

- She had an x-ray done in 2010, prior to going to work abroad in Europe. What if she cannot get a copy of the film?

2) CFO Seminar

- We have not received the letter from the US Embassy yet as they have not received the Case file from the NVC thus far. Will this be an issue? I ready about many that had underdone the seminar many months in advance.

1) MEDICAL - no issues with the case file for doing the medical, as long as you have your interview confirmation SLEC will be fine. They don't care if you bring past x-rays.

2) CFO - your fiancée can attend the seminar before her interview, just needs her passport and other info I listed earlier. CFO does not care about case files, they only care about seeing the actual visa before affixing their sticker.

STOP worrying about the case file, it will be there for the interview. As long as you have the MNL # all is good so get going!

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

1) MEDICAL

2) CFO Seminar

1). Medical...

- Yes, your fiancée can complete her medical regardless of whether or not her case file has been received by the Embassy.

- Follow the SLEC link Hank provided to see what the SLEC requirements are.

- SLEC likely won't look at a 2010 x-ray.

- Suggestions: Pre-register online and take a copy along. It will speed things up. Wear comfortable shoes for walking up and down the stairs. The stairs are faster than the elevator. Bring along a sweater or jacket. It's cold inside SLEC. Bring along a pen. It will speed things up. Bring along a snack inside her purse. Manong guard won't check.

2). CFO seminar...

- Your fiancée doesn't need the Embassy letter in order to complete her medical and the CFO seminar.

STOP worrying about the case file, it will be there for the interview. As long as you have the MNL # all is good so get going!

:thumbs: :thumbs:

Timeline

1) MEDICAL - no issues with the case file for doing the medical, as long as you have your interview confirmation SLEC will be fine. They don't care if you bring past x-rays.

For the sake of assurance: I assume the "APPOINTMENT LETTER FROM THE EMBASSY" (as stated on SLEC's website) and the "APPOINTMENT CONFIRMATION" are one and the same?

Timeline

And.... What is a "Photocopy of Immigrant Data Summary for USA-bound emigrant (must not be detached from visa packet)" that's stated as a required document on the CFO website? :blink:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.