1,875 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hello

I got NO2 and after paid NVC and now finally will send out required documents, I spokw with lawyer and he told me no need to send supportive documents to NVC, only requried civil document...No picture, no skype logs, etc...

Please advise !!!

Cheers

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi Guys,

I am in the process of submitting documents to NVC. Can anyone of you please answer my below questions. Thanks in advance.

1) For AOS package I am submitting I-864EZ form as I am the only sponsorer to my wife . I don't have any children. Am I right?

2) For IV package should I submit original marriage certificate or just a photocopy of the original marriage certificate? I just have one original certificate if I submit that I have to get another one when my wife goes for visa.

3) For IV package my wife does not have DOB certificate. We have affidavits to show her DOB. Should I also submit a a certified statement why her DOB certificate is not available ?

I really appreciate if someone can answer my questions.

Thanks,

SKK.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello

I got NO2 and after paid NVC and now finally will send out required documents, I spokw with lawyer and he told me no need to send supportive documents to NVC, only requried civil document...No picture, no skype logs, etc...

Please advise !!!

Cheers

civil documents plus the visa photos and copy of passport's biodata are the ones needed for iv packet..

pictures's with the petitioner, skype logs are needed during the visa interview..

pls refer to this link :)

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/422214-nvc-filers-april-2013/

???♥️?✈?

? FEB 27, 2012 : PRIORITY DATE

? MARCH 01, 2012 : NOA1 HARCOPY

? JUNE 13, 2013 : RFE

? JULY 22, 2013 : NOA2 email ?

? AUG 07, 2013 : NVC received our casefile

? OCT 30, 2013 : CASE COMPLETED

? NOV 30, 2013 : P4 email received

? DEC 9-11, 2013 : Medical Exam done @ SLMCEC

? JAN 22, 2014 : INTERVIEW DATE (2hrs for the whole process)

? JAN 25, 2014 : VISA ONHAND

? FEB 13, 2014 : POE

? FEB 25, 2014 : Received SS card

" Thank you Lord, All in Your time "

Timeline

Hi got my Noa 2 how long before I get a case number from NVC?

congratulations on ur noa2..

i got an approval last july 22 and still waiting for my case #..

???♥️?✈?

? FEB 27, 2012 : PRIORITY DATE

? MARCH 01, 2012 : NOA1 HARCOPY

? JUNE 13, 2013 : RFE

? JULY 22, 2013 : NOA2 email ?

? AUG 07, 2013 : NVC received our casefile

? OCT 30, 2013 : CASE COMPLETED

? NOV 30, 2013 : P4 email received

? DEC 9-11, 2013 : Medical Exam done @ SLMCEC

? JAN 22, 2014 : INTERVIEW DATE (2hrs for the whole process)

? JAN 25, 2014 : VISA ONHAND

? FEB 13, 2014 : POE

? FEB 25, 2014 : Received SS card

" Thank you Lord, All in Your time "

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

If I need a joint sponsor, am I going to need to send the I-864 form filled out by my joint sponsor with mine to the NVC or the beneficiary will need to take to the embassy with her on the interview???? What I mean is that should I send the joint sponsor's form along with mine in my AOS package to NVC?

Yes you have to send the NVC your I-864 as well as your joint-sponsor's I-864, you don't have to send it together physically, it just makes it more convenient that way - say if your joint sponsor is half way across the US you can tell them to mail theirs directly to the NVC just make sure the cover sheet is on top and each page has the case number written on top, my joint sponsor lucky for me was 2 blocks down the road from where I live - that is what the instructions say - furthermore the beneficiary should take a copy with them as well to the interview and they should know every detail that is in the form.

That's why make many copies of each document you send, I made few copies, one I sent to the NVC, one I kept for myself and scanned as a pdf saved online, and one I sent to my wife in Pakistan.

Timeline

Going to send my affedevit of support with required civil docs!! Hope they dunt take long to complete my case!!! My PD is 29 june 2011

Hey Javeria Eid Mubarak!

Don't forget that they don't require Police Certificates for Pakistan anymore. It's clearly stated on the website and the NVC staff also confirmed it to me over the phone. So don't bother to get one if you haven't already. If you have already you can submit it, but I don't think its going to have any value for them.

Timeline

Hi Guys,

I am in the process of submitting documents to NVC. Can anyone of you please answer my below questions. Thanks in advance.

1) For AOS package I am submitting I-864EZ form as I am the only sponsorer to my wife . I don't have any children. Am I right?

2) For IV package should I submit original marriage certificate or just a photocopy of the original marriage certificate? I just have one original certificate if I submit that I have to get another one when my wife goes for visa.

3) For IV package my wife does not have DOB certificate. We have affidavits to show her DOB. Should I also submit a a certified statement why her DOB certificate is not available ?

I really appreciate if someone can answer my questions.

Thanks,

SKK.

Hi SKK

Answer to 2) and 3) SUBMIT THE ORIGINAL ONE - and one photocopy of each document you submit to them. DO NOT KEEP the ORIGINAL AND ONLY SUBMIT a Photocopy that will not be accepted, same applies to the birth certificate - they will only process the Original - also make sure it is not lamenated or any plastic covering on it the way we desis typically preserve our documents - don't worry they will return this original to your wife at the interview, she doesn't have to take an original one with her - but I would make photocopies to keep as record for myself as well and for your wife as well

Since you can't find her original DOB - every country has unique laws pertaining this and other documents - go to this link http://travel.state.gov/visa/fees/fees_5455.html?cid=9215 there is one for each country this is what they say about birth certificates. In your cover sheet you can explain as well why she doesn't have a DOB certificate in addition to the affidavits.

Birth Certificates

Available. Prior to l970, the reporting of births was voluntary. Birth certificates of Europeans, Anglo-Indians, Armenian Christians, Jews and Parsis born prior to l970 may be obtained from the State Registrar General of Births, Deaths, and Marriages. No standard or uniform certificate is issued by the authorities. In addition, acceptable certificates may often be obtained from the municipal and rural registration records, which are maintained under the state laws. Europeans, Anglo-Indians, and Indian Christians are usually able to obtain church baptismal certificates.

Under the Registration of Births and Deaths Act of l969, births are required to be registered in almost all of the States and Union Territories of India. Birth certificates are available to any applicant born on or after April l, l970, upon payment of a nominal fee to the appropriate authority.

In cases where birth certificates from the authorities are unavailable or contain insufficient information regarding the birth or the parents, a sworn affidavit executed by either the parents, if living, or other close relatives older than the applicant, may be submitted. It should set forth the relationship between the deponent and the applicant, how well the deponent knows the applicant, date and place of the applicant's birth, the names of both parents, and any other related facts. Such an affidavit, when a birth certificate is unavailable, should be accompanied by a document from a competent governmental authority confirming that the certificate does not exist, or no longer exists.

Answer to 1) If you fit within this category then yes:

All three of the following are true:

• You filed a Form I-130 petition, for your relative
  • There is only one applicant on the Form I-130 petition, and
  • All your qualifying income comes from a salary or pension and shows on one or more W-2 Forms that you receive

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hello

Please advise !!!

Cheers

Glad to see you in this thread! Congrats :) !

04/08/2012: i130 sent

04/09/2012: NOA1

NOA1 hard copy: never received due to address error

06/12/2013: NOA2

06/17/2013: NOA2 hard copy

06/17/2013: NVC received our case

06/28/2013: Case number assigned

07/01/2013: Sent DS3032 via email

07/03/2013: Recieved i864/DS3032

07/03/2013: Payed i864 bill

07/06/2013: Sent i864 package

07/08/2013: i864 package delivered

07/16/2013: Sent DS3032 via email second time (supervisor review)

07/17/2013: Rejected DS3032. We did a typo!!! Sent correct DS3032.

07/29/2013: Checklist for AOS

08/01/2013: DS3032 accepted

08/02/2013: Sent response to AOS checklist

08/02/2013: IV fee paid, IV package sent

08/05/2013: NVC received reply to AOS checklist and IV package

08/30/2013: AOS accepted

09/03/2013: Case complete

09/04/2013: Second AOS checklist that has to be taken to an interview

09/10/2013: Email notification about case being complete

10/02/2013: IL received

10/11/2013: Case status changed to "In Transit"

10/14/2013: Passed medical exam

10/16/2013: Case status changed to "Ready", received email from Consulate regarding interview procedure

10/22/2013: Filled DS-260 online

11/18/2013: Interview date. Approved

11/21/2013: Passport with visa picked-up

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

Hey Vjs,

There are three types of AOS form I864, i 864a and i 864 ez.

Which one do i submit and if i need a joint sponsor which form do my joint sponsor need to fill out?

I have been permanent resident from last last 9-10 months only and I was in F1 ( Student Visa) . Now, I need to so submit I-864 form pretty soon but it asks for tax returns for recent three years, which i don't have because I never worked and I was in university. I worked part time in university and i also filed tax returns from my university in the year of 2010 and 2011 only but not in 2012 because i never worked .

My current situation is I started a new job from this August 1st , haven't received the pay yet but i have a employment letter and my pay is more than poverty guidelines requirement.

In this situation which AOS form do i submit from above forms and Do I need a joint sponsor or not ? IF i need then which form of AOS would be filled out by my co sponsor.

Plz Help!!!

I have a question about I-864A. My parents are filing I-864A for me. I am the main sponsor. On part-1 Item no. 8( Relationship To Sponsor) of I-864A, Which box I need to check? My father is US citizen. My Mother is permanent resident(green card holder). I was sponsored by my father in 2010. I came to US in 2010. I am also permanent resident(greed card holder). Right now I am sponsoring my spouse who lives in India. Please, Is someone there who can clear my doubt? My parents live with me.

Timeline

I have a question about I-864A. My parents are filing I-864A for me. I am the main sponsor. On part-1 Item no. 8( Relationship To Sponsor) of I-864A, Which box I need to check? My father is US citizen. My Mother is permanent resident(green card holder). I was sponsored by my father in 2010. I came to US in 2010. I am also permanent resident(greed card holder). Right now I am sponsoring my spouse who lives in India. Please, Is someone there who can clear my doubt? My parents live with me.

You are the sponsor - the question says what is your household member's relationship to you (the sponsor) not to the beneficiary (your wife). So you will check Parent. Only your father will fill it out, if his income is enough then you don't need to use your mother. If she has an income and you want to add her as well, she will have to fill out her own separate I-864a.

Timeline

Officially entered the nvc process today, aug. 9, 2013. I called nvc ans told me that they have our case alrwady, no case number and iin assigned yet. Hopeful to have case number soon. Noa2 july 26, 2013, pd oct. 9, 2012.

heart.gif My Timeline heart.gif

10.09.12 - NOA1/Priority Date
07.26.13 - NOA2 (online)
07.29.13 - NOA2 (hardcopy)
08.09.13 - NVC received case
08.26.13 - Assigned Case No. & IIN / DS3032 Sent thru email

08.27.13 - AOS Invoiced and Paid
08.29.13 - AOS Fee reflected Paid
08.30.13 - AOS Docs sent to NVC
09.03.13 - AOS Docs received by NVC / Filled-up DS261online

09.05.13 - AOS entered into the system

09.10.13 - DS261 accepted thru email (DS3032 attached below)

09.11.13 - IV invoice notification thru email

09.12.13 - IV Invoiced and Paid

09.13.13 - IV Fee reflected Paid / Filled-up DS260 online

09.16.13 - IV Docs sent to NVC

09.17.13 - IV Docs received by NVC

09.19.13 - IV Docs entered into the system

09.30.13 - AOS Checklist received in email

10.01.13 - Response to AOS Checklist sent to NVC

10.03.13 - Response to AOS Checklist received by NVC

10.04.13 - Response to AOS Checklist entered into the system

10.10.13 - IV Docs Accepted (called NVC)

10.11.13 - IV Docs Acceptance email received

10.30.13 - AOS Checklist Accepted

10.31.13 - Another Checklist received in email (Passport copy missing)ranting33va.gif

11.04.13 - Response to Checklist entered into the system

11.29.13 - Case Complete (called NVC)

12.06.13 - Case Complete (email received)

12.27.13 - Interview Letter received thru email

01.09.14 - Medical at SLEC (1st day - 6:00am to 10:20am)

01.10.14 - Medical at SLEC (2nd day - 7:00am to 10:00am) PASSED

01.18.14 - CEAC status changed from "At NVC" to "In Transit"

01.22.14 - CEAC status stated "READY"

01.28.14 - Rescheduled interview online

01.30.14 - New Interview Schedule - APPROVED

01.31.14 - CEAC status stated "ISSUED"

02.25.14 - Interview scheduled by NVC at USEM

You are the sponsor - the question says what is your household member's relationship to you (the sponsor) not to the beneficiary (your wife). So you will check Parent. Only your father will fill it out, if his income is enough then you don't need to use your mother. If she has an income and you want to add her as well, she will have to fill out her own separate I-864a.

So I have to check "C" and the check "Parent" right?

Do I need to send proof of relationship?If "yes" than what kind of proof I have to send?Is it OK if I send my Birth Certificate, Their US ID, etc.?

Do I need to send copy of my dad's US passport?

Do I need to send copy of my mom's green card?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.