Jtanya991

I 131 (AP) approved but not received yet!! (Over 30 days)

23 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Oh.. So I can travel now?! Without a re-entry permit?! I plan to travel just for couple weeks.. So I can show the EAD when I come back in?! They will let me in for sure?! I'm so freaked out :'(

You should be okay. You will obviously need to bring your passport as well because they will put a new I94 in it when you come back into the US. You will also have to go into secondary when you arrive back in the US because they will have to parole you in (they take your picture and fingerprints, stamp your passport and put in the new I94). You may want to bring your Notice of Action (I797) for your I485 as well to show that you have filed for the I485 (AOS) and that the application is in progress.

NATURALIZATION -WOOOHOO

Final paperwork sent to lawyer - 14-Dec-2015

GC-Date: Resident Since 02/13/2013

Sent: N-400 Sent 12/21/2015
NOA: 12/24/2015

Biometrics: 01/20/2016
In Line: 01/25/2016
Int Ltr: 01/28/2016
Interview: 03/08/2016
Oath: 04/14/2016
Field Office: Buffalo NY

I am a US Citizen!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Oh.. So I can travel now?! Without a re-entry permit?! I plan to travel just for couple weeks.. So I can show the EAD when I come back in?! They will let me in for sure?! I'm so freaked out :'(

A re-entry permit is for a permanent resident. You are not one (yet) so you can't have a re-entry permit approved. As Harpa said, they fixed your mistake and gave you an Advance parole. So yes, you can travel, but to be safe, bring some additional documents, as the previous poster said.

K-1 Visa Timeline AOS Timeline

- Aug 31st, 2011 - Mailed I-129F package - May 29th, 2012 - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP package

- Apr 13th, 2012 - Visa received - Aug 24th, 2012 - Green Card received

ROC Timeline

- May 19th, 2014 - Mailed ROC package to CSC

- Aug 8th, 2014 - Green Card received

N-400 Timeline

- Dec 29th, 2021 - Filed online. Got notice that biometrics will be reused.

- Now waiting...

Yes.... unless...

Your profile is not filled out. Did you arrive on a K-1 visa? Did you have any days of overstay between the time the I-94 expired and when you filed for AOS?

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

"serves as I-512 advance parole" means it is your Advance of Parole. You're allowed to leave the country with this card in hands.

Congratulations O=}

Anthony & Paula

I-129F sent: 01/17/2012
NOA1: 01/23/2012
NOA2: 05/30/2012
Interview: 08/07/2012 - APROVED
POE: 09/05/2012
----
Wedding: 10/24/2012
AOS/EAD/AP sent: 11/14/2012
NOA1: 11/20/2012
EAD/AP received: 01/28/2013

GC Approved: 08/30/2013

GC Received: 09/11/2013

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Yes I did. On the card it says, "serves as I-512 advance parole" . I have no idea what it means.. :(

Did you check the USCIS website?. They explain you what AP means and how it looks like now

I traveled to my home country Argentina in last November with the EAD/AP card. I had not problem in getting on the plane back to USA. But when you arrive at the POE in USA, they make you go to a secondary room (where there are other people waiting) to check your papers, etc.

NEVER leave USA without your GC or the AP in hand. Also take with you the marriage certificate (make copies).

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=f5d28bcbf851e210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=6abe6d26d17df110VgnVCM1000004718190aRCRD

Q1. How is this card different from the current Employment Authorization Document (EAD)?

A1. The card looks similar to the current Employment Authorization Document (EAD) but will include text that reads, "Serves as I-512 Advance Parole". A card with this text will serve as both an employment authorization and Advance Parole document.

Filed: Timeline

Yes.... unless...

Your profile is not filled out. Did you arrive on a K-1 visa? Did you have any days of overstay between the time the I-94 expired and when you filed for AOS?

I was holding student visa and just finished school (F1) when I applied for AOS. So my i94 says "D/S" instead of exact expiration date. At that time, it's not expired yet. But now, I'm no longer in school. But my i-20 allows me to study until next year.. But I actually finished school since end of last year. Do I still have right to come back into US?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.