I+G

CSC file damage is true

77 posts in this topic

This is crazy! We are almost going on 8 months tomorrow! I am really considering just moving to my fiances country and marrying him and applying as a married couple. Does anyone know how long that process takes? If we keep going with the K1 who knows when he will get here!

CR-1 visa takes a year. Quite longer than K1 but definitely surer. :)

Proverbs 3:5-6

Trust in the Lord with all your heart

and lean not on your own understanding;

in all your ways submit to Him,
and He will make your paths straight.

In GOD we trust. † = ♥

Praying for US all. Just hold on. :)

Proverbs 3:5-6

Trust in the Lord with all your heart

and lean not on your own understanding;

in all your ways submit to Him,
and He will make your paths straight.

In GOD we trust. † = ♥

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline

I'm writing to Obama, seriously.

And I will eat a bowl of cornflakes. Just as effective, but with more of your daily supply of vitamins and minerals. :dancing:

Edited by Jeikun

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Your resilience and ability to seek out effective solutions is inspiring. Unfortunately, cornflakes are pretty lacking in the nutrient department.

Edited by cereal

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline

Your resilience and ability to seek out effective solutions is inspiring. Unfortunately, cornflakes are pretty lacking in the nutrient department.

I still stand by my statement's accuracy though. Even if I could trade 12 of those bowls of cornflakes for one bowl of Total®

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

And GMO added... mmm

NOA1 August 6 2012
NOA2 April 16 2013

NVC April 22 2013

Packet 3 received May 25th 2013

Interview July 11th 2013

I'm not a reference between packet 3 and 4. Some papers were missing so things were delayed.

Approved
See Timeline for update

RFE another child to add delays the case

Green Card received 18 July 2014 Almost a year! :(

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

If my file is damaged I refuse to go through the fiance visa application process again so I will get married instead. For files to get damaged it shows carelessness... But because it's not theirs they are irresponsible. They may think that applicants will take it nicely when asked to resubmitt their application... I don't think may will take it so well, especially those who have waited for 7 months or more. This is just a bunch of bullshit and they should do better. My question is, when will they notify applicants whose files were destroyed because I damn sure don't think we should wait much longer to find out.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

if the files were damage, does all of the filer who got damage their application must have approval instead? it's uscis fault anyway.. :unsure:

♥♥God gave you to me. I asked Him why, He said, “Because he can fill your life like no one else can.” ♥♥I love you and I really miss you so much luv!♥♥Hope to be with you soon and have a happy family!♥♥

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Moved from K-1 progress reports to USCIS service centers as this is a USCIS service center issue/topic.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

If my file is damaged I refuse to go through the fiance visa application process again so I will get married instead. For files to get damaged it shows carelessness... But because it's not theirs they are irresponsible. They may think that applicants will take it nicely when asked to resubmitt their application... I don't think may will take it so well, especially those who have waited for 7 months or more. This is just a bunch of bullshit and they should do better. My question is, when will they notify applicants whose files were destroyed because I damn sure don't think we should wait much longer to find out.

I would hope that if one has to resubmit that you would not loose your place in line. I would also hope that a photocopy of the documents requiring a signature (you did make a photocopy of your whole packet before you sent it in, right?) would also be ok. If not then I see your frustration and I think I could very easily decide to go the CR-1 route too (or move to Vermont I suppose).

Edited by jft

Filed: Country: Turkey
Timeline

I suspect from a fire supression system.

Thought of that and they should have too. Files should be kept in water safe areas.

NOA 1 November 15, 2010

NOA 2 August 25, 2011

Closed NVC Ocotber 11, 2011

Interview Date: January 12,2012

Thank you my wonderful God in Heaven.

Filed: Country: Turkey
Timeline

how can they do this to us???? at least let us know where we are at...it is not acceptable to go back to square one and resend everything like they never got anything from us. it took them more than 8 months to realize that our files got damaged??? for real??? that is how disorganized the csc office is?

I am wondering, like someone said earlier, if they just dumped them in the ocean. Seriously, I believe they are so overwhelmed right now with no leadership, that they just cannot cope.

NOA 1 November 15, 2010

NOA 2 August 25, 2011

Closed NVC Ocotber 11, 2011

Interview Date: January 12,2012

Thank you my wonderful God in Heaven.

Timeline

I suspect from a fire supression system.

That means, one half of our petitions was destroyed by fire and another by water. Ahhahaha! :rofl::bonk::dance::oops::protest:

02-08-2013 - express mailed I-129F to Dallas Lockbox
02-11-2013 - proof of delivery
02-14-2013 - USCIS Dallas payment cashed
02-14-2013 - email/text NOA1
02-19-2013 - NOA1 hardcopy
04-22-2013 - Tania got B1/B2 to visit me in States while waiting for approval.

05-06-2013 - JFK POE. B2 approved for 6 months stay.

05-28-2013 - text from USCIS status changed to "Post Decision Activity". I-129F approved and NOA2 mailed.

06-01-2013 - NOA2 hardcopy

06-27-2013 - Email with instructuions from Consulate received

09-11-2013 - Interview

10-04-2013 - POE JFK

11-20-2013 - got married.

12-06-2013 - express mailed I-485 to Chicago.

12-09-2013 - I-485 delivered to USCIS Express, proof of delivery

12-13-2013 - USCIS Chicago payment cashed.

12-13-2013 - email/text I-485 NOA1
12-17-2013 - I-485 NOA1 hardcopy

01-14-2014 - biometrics scheduled.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

And GMO added... mmm

No to GMo!

September 5th, 2010: Met
July 26th 2012: Engaged
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I-129F Sent: December 14th, 2012
December 18th 2012: I-129f received at dallas po box
DECEMBER 20th: NOA1 (only found out once hardcopy came in the mail)
December 21st, 2012: Check cashed
Dec 27, 2012: Fiances alien registration number was changed. Proven.
December 29th 2012: Received Noa1 Hard-copy(no txt or email was sent)
Jan. 10th 2013: Happy birthday to my Sweety, first birthday apart in years!
January 15 2013: "mailing adress was changed" (touched?)
May-20-2013 NOA2!!! Exactly 5 months!
May-23-2013 Noa2 hard copy recieved!
June-05-2013 Called NVC, casre recieved, forwared to Ankara

June-10-2013-Ankara revieved packet! *signed by MEHMET* THANKS MEHMET!

June-10-2013-Recieve NVC letter
June-13-2013 Email(Packet) recieved from embassy!!
00-00-2013 Sent packet back to embassy
00-00-13 Interview date set (00-00-13 INTERVIEW,)
00-00-2013 Medical
00-00-2013 Interview(...........!)
00-00-2013 Visa Approved
00-00-2013 US Entry

NEXT STEPS IN US....
00-00-13 Wedding
00-00-13 SSN
00-00-13 AOS packet sent out
event.png event.png <p>

Timeline

That means, one half of our petitions was destroyed by fire and another by water. Ahhahaha! :rofl::bonk::dance::oops::protest:

If it's any consolation they have received a couple hundred thousand DACA visa requests so it's just as likely to be theirs. Also I suspect they keep processed requests for quite a long time so it's equally likely (more likely actually) that the damaged records are already-processed ones.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.