kfischm1

NEW reason for delay at CSC - 48,000 files damaged

78 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

"All files affected by water are available for staff to work in date order."

I don't like that wording. It says that they are available. It doesn't say that they are usable, unharmed, etc. Merely that they are in existence still, in some shape or condition.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

and I sent a response:

That is good that all files are available for staff to work on but when are staff going to be assigned to work on I-129f petitions? The customer service centre is still quoting that CSC is working on July 18th. They have been quoting that date since January. When are we likely to see a change?

event.png

07.22.2011 Met the other half of my soul for first time In the US
06.08.2012 Got engaged
08.01.2012 I-129F submitted
08.07.2012 NOA1 received
04.18.2013 RFE email & Txt

04.24.2013 RFE email & Txt again!

04.28.2013 RFE hard copy rec'vd

05.03.2013 RFE response mailed to CSC

05.06.2013 RFE response received at CSC

05.09.2013 NOA2 text!!!!!!

05.13.2013 NOA2 Hard Copy received YAY!!!!

07.24.2013 Date of Packet 4

07.26.2013 Received packet 4

08.30.2013 Interview at London Embassy

APPROVED!!!!! YAY YAY YAY!!!!!

Perhaps some of us will be getting super RFE's come the day they pull our water damaged files from the soggy bin.

"Your RFE is as follows - please send a complete copy as nothing is readable on yours and send in plastic bag for good measure."

Richard

event.png

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

Is the alleged damage limited to I-129Fs? It seems that CSC has slowed down in general, so I am wondering whether they only store I-129Fs in the toilets or also other applications.

Timeline

Everytime I start to get my hopes up that they are working on applications, that I might hear soon, that there is a light at the end of the tunnel, that it can't be much longer, that each day that passes means I am one day closer to the end, then something seems to happen that makes it worse. Like this. Now maybe I'll have to resend in everything. I've already been waiting more than 8 months. I don't even want to think about the delay that will cause.

Especially with this news, I am overwhelmed with desperation and despair. I was fine until 5 months, but ever since then I have been slowly slipping emotionally to the point where it is hard to function normally. I am not a weak person, but this is destroying me, and I wonder how much more I can take.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

first i am tired of being treated for 4 years like a crimianl who is trying to cheat the government. i have been married now for 3 and have gone thru Hell with our system.

they are treating illiegals better than us.

My neighbor here on a 2 year work visa from Germany was able to get his Phillipine wife here in 5 months. i was born here and struggle with all the RFE's.

I hired a lawyer, wrote to both Senators and my Congressman. No help.

I am ready to go live in another country and give this one up.

I have felt the same way thinking about this and I told my girl that if we are rejected I am going there!

event.png

Ah, this is one of the reasons why it would be uber nice to file stuff electronically. Tisk.

Aren't they under fire-hazard yet with the stacks of paper they get? Sigh.

I am sorry for the cases that were affected by this "incident".

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Everytime I start to get my hopes up that they are working on applications, that I might hear soon, that there is a light at the end of the tunnel, that it can't be much longer, that each day that passes means I am one day closer to the end, then something seems to happen that makes it worse. Like this. Now maybe I'll have to resend in everything. I've already been waiting more than 8 months. I don't even want to think about the delay that will cause.

Especially with this news, I am overwhelmed with desperation and despair. I was fine until 5 months, but ever since then I have been slowly slipping emotionally to the point where it is hard to function normally. I am not a weak person, but this is destroying me, and I wonder how much more I can take.

I know exactly how you feel. With this now, I feel like I'm moments away from crumbling into a pile of despair. My prayers and hopes to you, and everyone feeling the same. I hope this nightmare is over soon.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

If this was a error on USCIS can we all request expedites?

I wouldn't count on it.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=30e001e301b76310VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD

I think the major issue you guys have run into, would be DACA ofcourse. However, when looking back, there have been some drastic changes since August; TPS status to Syrians, Extension of Temporary Protected Status for Haiti, TPS for citizens of Sudan and South Sudan(regristration opened in January 2013) - just to mention a few. Plus they had some internal sending-petitions/workload around and reorganizing.

Such as this; http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=0beebe0548f6d310VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=68439c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

Meaning he basically throws USCUS more workload on top of what's already piling up.

Also, from the sound of it, people adjusting status from student visas are getting more phone calls/visits rather than just the regular interview. Without anything else changing, it's hard to see how they can put the same workload on the same amount of employees without causing a delay and without extra funds. It's noway near fair to any of you but it's fact. I hope that's more transparent than what you've gathered so far from USCIS.

---

While some files might be damaged , I'd more or less believe that it caused the same delay as their work on E-verify did. The thing is that those files wouldn't immediately be affected if they were working on them. Not unless the plumbing incident happened right where the desks are, or it happened at the adjudicator's home. Because the affected files according to the OP were the ones there were working on; IE July.

K1 process, October 2010 > POE, July 2011

I-129F approved in 180 days from NOA1 date. (195 days from filing to NOA2 in hand)

Interview took 224 days from I-129F NOA1 date. (241 days from filing petition until visa in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until POE: 285 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

AOS process, December 2011 > July 2012

EAD/AP Approval took 51 days from NOA1 date to email update. (77 days from filing until EAD/AP in hand)

AOS Approval took 206 days from NOA1 date to email update. (231 days from filing until greencard in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until greencard in hand: 655 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

i just realized you all are waiting for i-129's and csc reported that they are working on jul 18th? . i wonder how far they are behind for i-130's :(

meet Sept 2008 in Chicago
He left back to Palestine Aug 2010
I went to Palestine May 30,2012
6/13/2012 Married in Palestine
7/04/2012 arrived back in Chicago
7/25/2012 mailed in I-130
7/26/2012 NOA 1 arrived. to be serviced in California
3/3/2013 our baby was born !!!!

6/17/2013 Case transferred to Local city

11/13/2013 interview at Chicago

1/27/2014 RFE DNA test

3/7/2014 RFE completed and mailed in

5/12/2014 **I-130 APPROVED** !! 652 days

6/3/2014 NVC received case

7/11/2014 choice of agent signed

7/19/2014 pay AOS bill, send aos packet

7/22/2014 NVC received AOS papers

8/20/2014 send IV packet

8/25/2014 NVC received IV papers

8/27/2014 pay IV bill

9/9/2014 DS-260 completed

9/15/2014 AOS checklist

9/24/2014 NVC scanned aos

10/29/2014 "paid" turned to "n/a"

10/31/2014 called NVC and confirmed case complete

11/4/2014 email with interview scheduled

12/15/2014 INTERVIEW

02/20/2015 I-601 waiver received @ Nebraska

07/14/2015 I-601 waiver APPROVED

8/10/2015 ceac changed from refused to ready

8/12/2015 visa was issued !!!!!!

8/25/2015 POE Chicago, no questions asked about waiver

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

when i applied for a ki, i was advised to be prepared for a year to two year journey by a missionary friend in CA who has seen many people file for visas over his 25 years of living there... i laughed and said there must have been complications with the cases he was familiar with.. i am not laughing anymore...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

I just saw a post on the other "plumbing issues" threat http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/422778-csc-file-damage-is-true/page__view__findpost__p__6118626

So with a little logic it's like this : that cannot explain the delay from July filers or August. We were supposed to be approved on February at most. It doesn't make any sense that the files are destroyed I mean where did they keep them? On the floor? Even if it has sprinkles then still they are not destroyed only wet lol.

And all files are in electronic form, they scan it. That's what I read from people that they called.

Our K-1 journey * I am the beneficiary *

08/03/2012 sent I-129F

06/27/2013 Interview at Frankfurt Consulate = Approved.

08/09/2013 Wedding!

AOS

09/03/2013 Sent AOS + EAD + AP

12/30/2013 PR card in hand.

ROC

09/29/2015 Sent I-751

10/30/15 Biometrics

05/19/16 Approved

N-400

10/04/2016 Send Package

10/15/2016 NOA

11/04/2016 Biometrics

02/01/2017 Interview

02/23/2017 Oath!

Timeline

After all of this, I am tempted to blast my congressman's name, and also the name, telephone and email of the congressional aide who told me all of this so-called information regarding USCIS. Seriously, are they not there to HELP? Or to just spread BS like this and treat their constituent's like #######?? I cannot believe what is happening. Clearly, someone is lying. And either way, that is f-ed up. Now we can't even expect to NOT be lied to by our government???

Timeline

After all of this, I am tempted to blast my congressman's name, and also the name, telephone and email of the congressional aide who told me all of this so-called information regarding USCIS. Seriously, are they not there to HELP? Or to just spread BS like this and treat their constituent's like #######?? I cannot believe what is happening. Clearly, someone is lying. And either way, that is f-ed up. Now we can't even expect to NOT be lied to by our government???

You're dreaming!!!! :rofl:

Where did you get that they're here to help??? Tell me? They're only concerned about their position and to get higher!

I just saw a post on the other "plumbing issues" threat http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/422778-csc-file-damage-is-true/page__view__findpost__p__6118626

So with a little logic it's like this : that cannot explain the delay from July filers or August. We were supposed to be approved on February at most. It doesn't make any sense that the files are destroyed I mean where did they keep them? On the floor? Even if it has sprinkles then still they are not destroyed only wet lol.

And all files are in electronic form, they scan it. That's what I read from people that they called.

Obviously they're lying because they've been telling they're working on the 18th July... So the plumbing is just an excuse and I told the same thing you wrote : Where do they put the files? On the floor? don't they have closets for that?

NOA1 August 6 2012
NOA2 April 16 2013

NVC April 22 2013

Packet 3 received May 25th 2013

Interview July 11th 2013

I'm not a reference between packet 3 and 4. Some papers were missing so things were delayed.

Approved
See Timeline for update

RFE another child to add delays the case

Green Card received 18 July 2014 Almost a year! :(

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.