Penny Lane

Murders fall 42 percent in America's deadliest city: Chicago

384 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

[quote name=^_^' timestamp='1364925638' post='6112726]

Darnell is black though, so that doesn't work.

I am ? Are ya certain ?

Hint - one of my farming operations was named 'Rustic Cracker Farm'. and no, this wasn't anything electronic.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Timeline

[quote name=^_^' timestamp='1364937469' post='6113606]

charles is such a little #####.

he can't ban hammer me for that since he doens't even know what i said.

he can guess, though.

How you you know his editor as a mod, does, or does not have the censor enabled? I believe that is a check-off feature for IPB.

How you you know his editor as a mod, does, or does not have the censor enabled? I believe that is a check-off feature for IPB.

I heard thru a secret source the Mods are meeting at a secret location and are about to launch on new offensive on naughty P and R members.

Filed: Timeline
Sad isn't it? You make a positive post about how the community of Chicago has become more pro-active with their efforts to help lower the murder rates in their city, which it appears is true. And people in this forum are literally tripping over themselves to show that the killings still continue and will continue. Gotta wonder about the mindset of some folks. :wacko:

Any decrease in murder rates that can't be linked to more liberal gun laws isn't a real decrease in murder rates. Only when Chicago becomes Vermont City will the decrease be acknowledged and celebrated. That's not so hard to grasp, is it?

Any decrease in murder rates that can't be linked to more liberal gun laws isn't a real decrease in murder rates. Only when Chicago becomes Vermont City will the decrease be acknowledged and celebrated. That's not so hard to grasp, is it?

Do you think Chicago would benefit from more guns?

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Nobody said a word about gun laws. This article is more about the programs that Chicago has in place to offer opportunities to youth. Not sure why that's a bad thing, it seems to be having positive results so far.

But hey, might as well close 'em down because it's still cold outside and the real murderers will come out when the weather warms up, so what's the point?

Anti-gang initiatives are a good thing and should be encouraged.

Chicago already had programs that offer opportunities to youth. S. C. H. O. O. L.

Wonder how attending and completing school would impact the community?

Edited by himher

i don't get it.

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

it is also derogatory when used towards another member on this site. says me.

I wouldn't know, as oftentimes it is all a matter of context. All the same, Wikipedia can be hardly considered a source of reliable information.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Chicago already had programs that offer opportunities to youth. S. C. H. O. O. L.

Wonder how attending and completing school would impact the community?

Yes, because the public education system in Chicago is fantastic. :unsure:

And all you have to do is survive through the years and graduate, because we know kids aren't in danger at all from gun violence: http://www.npr.org/2011/03/21/132678405/chicagos-schools-police-work-to-stem-violence

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

And all you have to do is survive through the years and graduate, because we know kids aren't in danger at all from gun violence: http://www.npr.org/2011/03/21/132678405/chicagos-schools-police-work-to-stem-violence

Kids all over the world survive through their school years and graduate because in other places violent people are taken off the streets and kept off the streets, sometimes in distasteful ways but rarely unearned. Keeps violence from perpetuating through the community.

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/6500-maryland-avenue-shooting-197082281.html

Yes kids are in danger from gun violence in Chicago. BUT They don't HAVE to arrest and release someone 39 times do they? I'm wondering if this guy had been released ONLY 38 times would that baby still be alive? Not tryin' to invade the civil rights of the community or nuthin but dam come on already how many weapons violation charges are allowed for one gangster before they say enough? Until someone gets killed?

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/Shooting-Baby-Strong-Gang-Overtones-Chicago-197390511.html

Must be why the voucher program is sooo popular huh :bonk:

Edited by himher

i don't get it.

Kids all over the world survive through their school years and graduate because in other places violent people are taken off the streets and kept off the streets, sometimes in distasteful ways but rarely unearned. Keeps violence from perpetuating through the community.

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/6500-maryland-avenue-shooting-197082281.html

Yes kids are in danger from gun violence in Chicago. BUT They don't HAVE to arrest and release someone 39 times do they? I'm wondering if this guy had been released ONLY 38 times would that baby still be alive? Not tryin' to invade the civil rights of the community or nuthin but dam come on already how many weapons violation charges are allowed for one gangster before they say enough? Until someone gets killed?

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/Shooting-Baby-Strong-Gang-Overtones-Chicago-197390511.html

Must be why the voucher program is sooo popular huh :bonk:

Love your context in this matter. What does the community and civil rights have to do with this? First the guy who was arrested 38 times, where does the blame fall? The criminal or the justice system that keeps putting him back in the community? Did you see come activists campaigning to get this dude out of jail? Who put him back on the streets? Here's a hint, it wasn't Jesse or Al. Second, try looking at the whole picture, not just the part that fits your narrative.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Thought I'd post some somewhat positive news out of Chicago, since some people seem to love only posting the negative.

After school and Summer job programs for youths are a great idea, and I'm hoping they see positive results.

And it was done without gun control. :blink:

Now if Illinois would allow concealed carry for anyone they could have crime rates like Vermont

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla