Penny Lane

Murders fall 42 percent in America's deadliest city: Chicago

384 posts in this topic

Of course it was, himher has to get those thoughts out of his head when it comes to those pesky black people. Isn't that right? You know since it consistently happens to people of color.

You mean how you deflect anytime someone ask about you living off the government?

Unfortunately for you and your agenda on this issue I believe EVERYONE (all colors, creeds, races) will benefit from exercising their right to defend themselves from those (all colors, creeds, and races) pesky enough to prey on them.

Edited by himher

i don't get it.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Well now Marvin I noted with :rofl: your non-word, googled it, and that's where it was found. Do I need another lecture for looking it up?

:ot2:

It should be pointed out that the ability to actually SHOOT has little application in concealed carry. Very few people with CC licenses ever shoot anyone. The benefit comes from the potential that exists not from actual shootings which is rare by any standard

(low information posters...this is your cue to post a few incidents of CC holders shooting people)

Given the number of CC licenses plus the entire population of states which do not require a license, the actual number of shootings is infinitesimally small. (Yes, that is a word Marvin)

I view the ability to actually shoot well as a minor component. Even irrelevant I would rather have a whole lot of poor shooters carrying guns concealed than just a few good shooters.

CC holders, unlike police, are not called to respond to crimes in progress. When a massacre occurs in one of our "Gun Free" zones people do not call CC holders to bring their guns. They call police to bring their guns. Police may also be involved in situations requiring shooting at longer ranges, etc. CC holders rarely actually shoot their gun and when they do so it is usually within hand shaking range.

The benefits of concealed carry derive from the presence of firearms in society and no one knows where they are. A high stakes "shell game" for criminals that protects everyone...even children

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Unfortunately for you and your agenda on this issue I believe EVERYONE (all colors, creeds, races) will benefit from exercising their right to defend themselves from those (all colors, creeds, and races) pesky enough to prey on them.

Exactly. and in practice it has had the greatest impact on those MOST vulnerable to crime...minorities, women and children.

This is not a guess. We have 30 years of data in every state except Illinois. If someone can tell me why the people of Illinois are somehow incapable of the same results...THAT would be interesting. :lol:

Gary And Alla

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/conversate

Did you miss this one as well?

http://public.wsu.edu/~brians/errors/conversate.html

Keep trying Jimmy Rebel, you've been warned in the other thread, funny how you haven't been back over there for a while, guess you have to rotate your racial views in order to avoid a ban.

It ain't no word Marvin. Stop defending the use of it. I also posted a definition from a standard, normal dictionary in the original post. You also missed that in your excitement. Get back to topic. Topic is Chicago.

i don't get it.

:ot2:

It should be pointed out that the ability to actually SHOOT has little application in concealed carry. Very few people with CC licenses ever shoot anyone. The benefit comes from the potential that exists not from actual shootings which is rare by any standard

(low information posters...this is your cue to post a few incidents of CC holders shooting people)

Given the number of CC licenses plus the entire population of states which do not require a license, the actual number of shootings is infinitesimally small. (Yes, that is a word Marvin)

I view the ability to actually shoot well as a minor component. Even irrelevant I would rather have a whole lot of poor shooters carrying guns concealed than just a few good shooters.

CC holders, unlike police, are not called to respond to crimes in progress. When a massacre occurs in one of our "Gun Free" zones people do not call CC holders to bring their guns. They call police to bring their guns. Police may also be involved in situations requiring shooting at longer ranges, etc. CC holders rarely actually shoot their gun and when they do so it is usually within hand shaking range.

The benefits of concealed carry derive from the presence of firearms in society and no one knows where they are. A high stakes "shell game" for criminals that protects everyone...even children

I do like to know, as it is comforting is a small (infinitesimally small) way really, that my fellow shooters were at least observed shooting accurately before their certs were handed out.

i don't get it.

Timeline

True.

?But it was my belief that a shooting competency test is part of the overall permit process? All states?

Not at all.

Many states do not have a shooting test (Utah for example) and many do not even have classes to qualify for a permit, (Alabama, North Dakota, South Dakota...for examples) just a a background check. 5 states now allow anyone to carry concealed without a permit at all. (4 added just in the last 3 years) There certainly is no shooting test here!

Gary And Alla

It ain't no word Marvin. Stop defending the use of it. I also posted a definition from a standard, normal dictionary in the original post. You also missed that in your excitement. Get back to topic. Topic is Chicago.

Wasn't Darnell talking about you derailing the thread just to get at me, yo? And you use words all the time like gat(gatlin gun), gansta(gangster) that are shortened versions of the original words. I didn't defend it, I pointed out something else differently than you, but you love to say someone is defending it just so you can argue about it. Deal with it sport.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Not at all.

Many states do not have a shooting test (Utah for example) and many do not even have classes to qualify for a permit, (Alabama, North Dakota, South Dakota...for examples) just a a background check. 5 states now allow anyone to carry concealed without a permit at all. (4 added just in the last 3 years) There certainly is no shooting test here!

hmm true.

Concealed carry in Alaska as I recall is just an understood thing LOL. Very respectful place, Alaska. I had a CCL in Alabama and you are correct, it involved a background check and then the card was issued a couple weeks later. That was awhile back and it was my impression that state laws were being standardized as part of the overall goal for states to honor CCL's from other states.

Wasn't Darnell talking about you derailing the thread just to get at me, yo? And you use words all the time like gat(gatlin gun), gansta(gangster) that are shortened versions of the original words. I didn't defend it, I pointed out something else differently than you, but you love to say someone is defending it just so you can argue about it. Deal with it sport.

Word used once: Doesn't qualify for "all the time".

3rd request to get back to topic Marvin.

Edited by himher

i don't get it.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Wasn't Darnell talking about you derailing the thread just to get at me, yo?

Ya, I was, actually.

come on, there's bound to be other places you two can engage in such brain-bashing and keyboard-plucking antics, aye?

What about setting up new facebook pages solely for the bashing? that'd be cool, as is different TOS there.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

I do like to know, as it is comforting is a small (infinitesimally small) way really, that my fellow shooters were at least observed shooting accurately before their certs were handed out.

Why?

A concealed carry license is not a certificate.

This is another symptom of ignorance. Receiving comfort from something that does not matter. We may as well make CC holders carry a rabbit's foot.

Testing in a classroom setting has nothing to do with the stresses of shooting in a situation where you believe your life is in danger. Florida requires a shooting test. I suppose Trayvon's parents are happy with that? I mean hey, one shot kill, right?

Vermont and 4 other states have no permits, no classes, no tests and their incidence of "problems" is no higher. Whatever you think the problems may be or whatever brings you comfort.

I mean, seriously, Marvin...serious question

What positive result do you expect being observed shooting a gun in a class setting has for society? Serious question.

Gary And Alla

hmm true.

Concealed carry in Alaska as I recall is just an understood thing LOL. Very respectful place, Alaska. I had a CCL in Alabama and you are correct, it involved a background check and then the card was issued a couple weeks later.

Word used once: Doesn't qualify for "all the time".

3rd request to get back to topic Marvin.

Fine let's get back on topic. let's talk about the fall to 42% of murders, no where does it say anything about guns at all. It also says some positive things about the police force and summer job programs.

I think it's a great thing that there is a change there, your move.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Why?

A concealed carry license is not a certificate.

This is another symptom of ignorance. Receiving comfort from something that does not matter. We may as well make CC holders carry a rabbit's foot.

Testing in a classroom setting has nothing to do with the stresses of shooting in a situation where you believe your life is in danger. Florida requires a shooting test. I suppose Trayvon's parents are happy with that? I mean hey, one shot kill, right?

Vermont and 4 other states have no permits, no classes, no tests and their incidence of "problems" is no higher. Whatever you think the problems may be or whatever brings you comfort.

I mean, seriously, Marvin...serious question

What positive result do you expect being observed shooting a gun in a class setting has for society? Serious question.

Why are we talking about guns in a thread that has nothing to do with them? I have been asked to stay on topic, why can't you?

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Timeline

hmm true.

Concealed carry in Alaska as I recall is just an understood thing LOL. Very respectful place, Alaska. I had a CCL in Alabama and you are correct, it involved a background check and then the card was issued a couple weeks later. That was awhile back and it was my impression that state laws were being standardized as part of the overall goal for states to honor CCL's from other states.

You were not in Mobile County. In Mobile County they issue the permit at the counter while you wait. I had one while there briefly for work purposes. The issuance of permits in AL is done by Sheriff's offices and the exact procedure varies, and so do the fees, Baldwin County charged about 3 times the amount as Mobile County as I recall. However in all cases there is no class and no shooting test, just a background check.

If anything regulations are getting less standardized unless you mean "less complicated" Alaska also has a permit system for residents that want to have a permit they can use to carry guns out of state. Typically the longer a state has concealed carry the more relaxed they make the laws. When they discover that it actually does reduce crime and there actually are no "problems" that were predicted by ignorant people (who would listen to them anyway?)the laws become more relaxed...get more guns out there!

Vermont won't implement a permit system. I tried and was rebuffed. This is the most liberal state, that is true. In working with state Senators and Reps in trying to get an OPTIONAL permit here so we can carry in other states, the consensus was "NO WAY!" The liberals here actually support ALL rights... as liberals should...and they say that an optional permit could be easily "abused" and become a mandatory permit and could become a "may issue" permit and they are not going there. Period, get lost, don't come back.

The conclusion was

1. We do it the RIGHT way, let everyone else change their laws

2. Get a permit accepted by other states from another state if you want one.

3. Limit travel to states that restrict your freedoms. Buy Local!

What we really need is federal reciprocity and that is being worked on. Expect to see it added to the background check legislation now in congress.

Just as the requirements for drivers licenses vary, so will the requirements for CC licenses (as long as there ARE CC licenses) but we need other states to accept your CC license when you travel just as they accept your driver's license.

Why are we talking about guns in a thread that has nothing to do with them? I have been asked to stay on topic, why can't you?

Are you saying guns have nothing to do with crime?

Gary And Alla

Timeline

I am talking about reducing crime. I believe guns have a role in reducing crime. I was responding to you and asked a question. No answer. Now I ask another question.

Do you believe you have been asked not to talk about guns as they relate to reduced crime?

Edited by Gary and Alla

Gary And Alla

I think the issue of guns neatly ties with the issue of murders?

i don't get it.