Penny Lane

Murders fall 42 percent in America's deadliest city: Chicago

384 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

maybe chicago better off with de people dying dead. why you so blur, lah?

It's ok when they die dead, really. Truly!

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thought I'd post some somewhat positive news out of Chicago, since some people seem to love only posting the negative.

After school and Summer job programs for youths are a great idea, and I'm hoping they see positive results.

I'm from here, and it's the weather. Last year we were having summer like temps in March. This year has been a very cold spring. But maybe you read about the 28 thugs that just got arrested only a few blocks away from the "Mag Mile" doing their "wilding", attacking and robbing. They jump off the subway on State and Grand and go on an attack spree and then jump back on.

I'm from here, and it's the weather. Last year we were having summer like temps in March. This year has been a very cold spring. But maybe you read about the 28 thugs that just got arrested only a few blocks away from the "Mag Mile" doing their "wilding", attacking and robbing. They jump off the subway on State and Grand and go on an attack spree and then jump back on.

Well if you say it's the weather, it must be.

I know Chicago. My husband's from there, and it's only a few hours away, so we're there often. I understand what the weather is like there.

Time will tell if this trend will continue or if it won't. The weather didn't stop January from being the deadliest in a decade.

Encouraging numbers coming out of that city are good to have. The attempts to fix SOME of the problems are good to have. It may not last. Wouldn't be surprised if it didn't.

I support programs that help the youth. If these programs discussed are doing that, then yay for them. Time will tell.

Edited by Evylin

I'm curious, why are black kids called thugs, and white kids just called kids?

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

who said that?...besides you

Plenty of people here every time one of those "thugs" commits a crime.

I wanna know why chicks where those foolish Uggs, they look like hell.

Yep, but we know that SMOKE is always about pointing out some wrong doing, at least that what he tells me.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: Timeline

got an example?

Yep, but we know that SMOKE is always about pointing out some wrong doing, at least that what he tells me.

i don't tell you anything.

eta. thats not true. i did tell you i wouldn't send you a pic/video of my stuff.

Edited by SMOKE
7yqZWFL.jpg

got an example?

i don't tell you anything.

eta. thats not true. i did tell you i wouldn't send you a pic/video of my stuff.

Did Marvin ask for a pic of your stuff? And is the word "stuff" used in this context the same as "junk".

Filed: Timeline

It all depends how they dress. There seems to be a lot of raider fans around here, white or black. If they got the funk thing going on, they get a pass. But if it is just baggy clothes to make shop lifting easier, they get a little more scrutiny. I don't see a lot of thug in them, just kids looking for a thrill. If you catch one them in the act, which is like super easy, they break down and cry like babies. They are real badass, as long as they are in groups and can run away, but when you get a hand on one of them, they punk out big time.

Often it is just a lack of parenting skills, in my book. You should see how the immigrants discipline their kids. They are much better behaved. Back when I was a kid, any adult could discipline you, and when dad got home, if you had a dad, he thumped your butt as well. I don't remember anytime when an adult got it wrong, and the kid was punished unnecessarily.

Okay, done with my racist rant.

got an example?

Trayvon Martin. Look how quickly everyone wanted to portray him as a "thug" ... all because he did the same stupid sh*t so many teenagers do in school these days.

Those two pieces of sh*t that decided it would be fun to shoot a baby in the face. Posted pictures of them with their pants around their knees, to prove they were "thugs" too.

A white man decided to overreact to loud music coming out of a car and SHOT into it, killing a black teenager. That story got posted here and people were trying to make the "thug" in the car seem at fault - trying to say he had a weapon (none was ever found, I don't think) or that his "rap music" was indeed too loud.

It seems if you're a black teenager and something sh*tty happens TO you or BECAUSE of you ... you're a thug. Or you did something to cause the incident.

But these white kids who dress like idiots and shoot up their schools or movie theaters? Never thugs, always mentally ill or misunderstood.