Saylin

NVC Filers - April 2013

2,135 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

guys, the NVC took the money out of my bank account, but it still shows in progress on the pay portal. I already send the papers, so that is no issue! I am just concerned if anyone went thru something like this! :)

Yup I did. :yes:

USCIS

10/04/2012-USCIS Received date/ Priority date

02/16/2013-NOA 2: APPROVED

02/19/2013-NOA 2: Notice Date

02/22/2013-Hard copy NOA2 received

NVC

03/04/2013 or 03/08/2013-NVC Received

03/22/2013-NVC Case Number

03/25/2013-Sent DS-3032 emailed

03/27/2013-DS-3032 Accepted

03/26/2013-Received I-864 Bill

03/26/2013-Paid & Mailed I-864

03/28/2013-I-864 Packet received at NVC

03/29/2013-I-864 Showing PAID

03/28/2013-Received IV Bill

03/28/2013-IV Bill PAID & Mailed

03/30/2013-IV Showing PAID

04/01/2013-IV Packet received at NVC

04/09/2013-I-864 Accepted

04/12/2013-IV Accepted

04/12/2013-Case Completed at NVC

Embassy

05/08/2013-Embassy Received

05/23/2013-Medical

06/06/2013-Interview Date-APPROVED

06/22/2013-POE-CALIFORNIA

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I don't have any answers for you but I can't believe your lawyer is so far behind. My lawyer had us getting everything ready 1 mo into the USCIS process. I think God he did because we were approved fast. I kinda feel bad I was mad at him because he wouldn't send anything till it changed to paid. And I get mad when he tells me we were approved in 2 mo so I should have more patience. but I don't

You need to yell at her! She is working for you.

I think I read once you pay something you can send in the papers. Since they are 2 different tracks

Believe me, I will. Because I think she is fanning herself with the money we payed to her... :angry:

From this it looks like you submit your civil documents and wait for your checklist requiring the Police Certificate: http://travel.state.gov/pdf/Request%20Letter%20for%20Singapore%20COC.pdf

Maybe someone in your regional forum would be best to answer this question though.

*Just did some more digging here: http://www.spf.gov.sg/epc/cert_issued.htm

Certificates of Clearance are ONLY available to Citizens of Singapore.

I see :(, that will delay my NVC step significantly then :(. I called the Singapore Police Department and was told that it will take 3+ weeks for them to process my request (if I have the NVC checklist).

Is there anyway you can tell NVC to send you the checklist but still go ahead and mail your NVC package to the US Embassy in Singapore ? Then I can use the checklist to get the Police Clearance and then bring with me to the interview.

Can I ask them to do this by a cover letter or do you think it would be better for me to email the NVC now asking for a requesting letter and then submitted to the Singapore Police ?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I see :(, that will delay my NVC step significantly then :(. I called the Singapore Police Department and was told that it will take 3+ weeks for them to process my request (if I have the NVC checklist).

You a Honkee? in HKD? Flight to SG is cheap la, just go and git it done with NVC doc in hand.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

You a Honkee? in HKD? Flight to SG is cheap la, just go and git it done with NVC doc in hand.

I am currently living in Singapore with my wife. She's from Vietnam. My question is that whether I can make the NVC processes my case without the Singapore Police Certificate and issues me a checklist, which then I will use to apply for an appeal to get the Certificate and bring it to interview.

Has anybody had any issues obtaining a Police Certificate without some kinds of requesting letter from NVC before ? How did you proceed ? Can you ask the NVC to just ship the case to the US Embassy and bring the Police Certificate later to the interview ?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

how long in general is it taking for the nvc to complete a case once they have received all the packages?

A week or two, assuming all the documents are correct and no checklists are given.

USC who lived in Manabí, Ecuador with hubby from 2009 - 2013. Hubby became a naturalized American citizen in August 2016. Currently living together in northern Virginia.

For full timeline, see "about me".

Latest Dates

N-400 Filing - 03/14/2016

NOA - 03/15/2016

Biometrics - 04/13/2016

In Line - 05/11/2016

Interview Notice - 06/03/2016

Interview Date - 07/11/2016

Oath - 08/29/2016

g. Original/Certified marriage certificate of the beneficiary and the petitioner.I was wondering do they need the original marriage certificate?From both beneficiary and petitioner?What if they lost it?

Like it states, original or certified copy. If you have a certified copy, I'd suggest sending that instead. And um, it should be the same certificate for both, so only one is needed.

Hi Saylin and rest of the gang I have just received an email from NVC saying that the pre process has been completed. I think that is a case complete email am I correct?

Woohoo, congrats! kicking.gif

Case complete!! NVC operator just told me it was complete yesterday, but an interview has not yet been scheduled. I am beyond happy right now. Thanks to Saylin and all the other VJers who have given support and guidance throughout this process :)

Hikergirl - hope you get yours soon too!!

Yay!!!!! Congrats to a fellow Canadian :D

I forgot to tell my husband to send an origibal marriage certificate...

I was wondering if this is very bad... should we wait for checklist or sent an original tomorrow....?

I'd say tell him to send the certificate to you in the US asap. Hold onto it until the checklist is sent otherwise they may get confused.

Hi Saylin,

I have my interview on 17th of this month. I have to take an updated I-864 with me along with the supporting documents as per the checklist we received along with the case complete email. Do i have to take with me the original tax transcripts received from IRS or can I take a copy of the tax transcripts. Please let me know

Originals or copies, doesn't matter for tax transcripts!

I am filling out the I-864, and was hoping one of you could help me with the question 23 (Annual Income).

Which of these should be the answer:

1. Gross pay from W2.

2. Amount from the employment letter, which lists annual pay.

My employment letter, shows ~$500 less than what's listed as GrossPay on W2 (I guess that's their estimate before W2 was ready). Is that a problem or should I have them make another letter with exactly the same $ amount as Gross Pay?

3. Amount in Box 1 on W2

This is net pay, the same as on question 7 on 1040 for year 2012.

My situation is pretty simple: I am sponsoring one immigrant, my mom, household size is 1, only one sponsor, only one W2 (well above poverty line).

I will also be including the assets in Part 7 of I-864, for just in case since the beneficiary is a senior, and I want to make sure I prove she'll not become a public charge.

On question 25 I will put the Adjusted gross income from 1040 for the last 3 years

I think it should probably be #2, amount from the employment letter, but am not sure.

Well, you can't possibly have 2013 W2s already, so it's number 2.

Also, your household size is 2, it can't be one. It's always at least the petitioner and then the beneficiary. And if you're married, then that's bumped up to 3. If you have children or other dependents, that size goes up more.

Yes!!!! Thank you congressman Liasion. Case number received from NVC!!!! She was able to get NVC to expedite the case number input. After 2 months some good news.

FINALLY!!! kicking.gif

Did you send an expedite request due to the huge error done on your case?

I need help ASAP. I have a lawyer but I think she is delaying the process. We paid AOS and IV fees. What I have to do now? Right now I need the papers from the co-sponsor. Can I send IV documents first or I have to send AOS documents first??? I'm so lost right now. She told me to fill DS-260 two days ago but she still has not reviewed it yet . I'm so pissed :ranting:

If both bills are paid, all you have left now to do is send in both packages and submit the DS-260.

Doesn't matter which package NVC gets first, as long as they receive them all in the end, otherwise no case complete.

Thanks for your concern! Yes, I called back the same night to get the IIN and gave them our email addresses, which it seems they already had and just needed to confirm.

Is it best to email our DS-3032 now or wait until we receive the email from NVC?

EDIT: And wouldn't you know, like 2 minutes after I posted this, I got an email from the NVC!

I'm guessing you sent the DS-3032 then?

I sent my OPTIN e-mail the next day and filled out the DS-261 right after that.

I'm not sure why I waited the day though.

It's a different process for those in China ;) If the optin email is sent before the AOS bill is invoiced, then some really wonky stuff happens, delaying the case by weeks.

SayLin

something new for you, maybe?

http://contact-us.st...vTXlvR3VQbWw%3D

Definitely new. Never seen that before! Bookmarking :)

how long in general is it taking for the nvc to complete a case once they have received all the packages?

About 1-2 weeks. They've been pretty constant over the last few months on this time tick.

25 minutes on hold with the NVC; the operator finally picks up... I'm halfway through my case number and the call drops. :bonk:

D'oh headbonk.gif

I am currently living in Singapore with my wife. She's from Vietnam. My question is that whether I can make the NVC processes my case without the Singapore Police Certificate and issues me a checklist, which then I will use to apply for an appeal to get the Certificate and bring it to interview.

Has anybody had any issues obtaining a Police Certificate without some kinds of requesting letter from NVC before ? How did you proceed ? Can you ask the NVC to just ship the case to the US Embassy and bring the Police Certificate later to the interview ?

Yes, once you've received a checklist for the PCC, ask NVC to close your case anyways and that you'll present the PCC at the time of the interview. I've seen this work before in the past. It's not guaranteed, but it's definitely worth a shot to save time.

Phew, all 4 pages, caught up!

Darn internship that started yesterday preventing me from checking my email laughing.giflaughing.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Good morning everyone!

Our cases (3) got approved yesterday so I am now joining this thread!

My husband is the USC, married for nearly 3 years, lived abroad together (France and UK) up until February '13 when he went back to the States to work and prepare a home for us.

I have 2 children from a previous relationship.

We're elated to find out we've been approved, after a glitchy start.

I'm looking forward to advancing on this long journey together!

I will now wait until 04/10 to start calling NVC to get a case number.

Oh, and we're travelling to the US in 6 days for my brother-in-law s wedding, I'm taking docs to show that we will be returning to France (lease and employment contract, as well as doctor's appointments for my son).

I'm the beneficiary
Married June 2010

USCIS (49 days) NVC (42 days)

02/06/13 I130 sent 04/12/2013 NVC received file

02/08/13 I130 delivered to Phoenix Lockbox 04/23/2013 Case numbers assigned and DS3032 emailed

02/13/13 NOA1 04/29/2013 Cases finally linked for AOS payment - paid straightaway

02/13/13 Fees cashed on 05/02/2013 DS3032 accepted
02/16/13 I797 received (pd 02/08/2013) 05/03/2013 AOS packages sent
04/02/2013 Available on USCIS website 05/03/2013 IV fee paid
04/03/2013 NOA2 05/04/2013 AOS status 'PAID'

04/08/2013 Paper NOA2 received 05/06/2013 IV package sent
05/08/2013 AOS and IV delivered to NVC
05/17/2013 Expedite request filed

05/21/2013 IV Package approved (9 bus. days)

05/22/2013 AOS on hold (new version used)
05/24/2013 Expedite approved by Paris Embassy (docs shipped on same day)

EMBASSY (Paris) POE 08/15/2013 PHI

05/24/2013 applications received by email

05/2/2013 paper applications received

05/30/2013 moved from 'in transit' to 'ready' on DOS

06/03/2013 email received for medical and interview

06/21/2013 medical

06/26/2013 interview - APPROVED!!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Called today to check if our IV packet was reviewed, and the operator said yes, BUT, they rejected our marriage certificate and my wife's birth certificate, saying it wasn't original or certified. Both were, I had gotten two certified copies of each, and sent one to USCIS, and this second set to NVC. They'll re-review but now my wife has to get the documents again and make sure certified properly from the issuing authority.

This is devastating, instead of a case complete, a checklist, getting close to cutting into the window that my wife can visit between semesters of late July. Feel like crying... crying.gifsad.gifheadbonk.gifmad.gif

08/24/2012 - Married

USCIS:

10/01/2012 - Mailed/Filed for I-130 via USPS Express Mail
10/05/2012 - E-Notification NOA1
10/10/2012 - Paper NOA1
11/28/2012 - Transferred from NBC to NYC Office
02/13/2013 - USCIS Case Status NOA2
02/20/2013 - Paper NOA2

NVC:
02/22/2013 - Case Received by NVC
03/11/2013 - Case Number, IIN, BIN Assigned, DS-3032 Email Sent
03/13/2013 - AOS Invoice Received and Paid and DS-3032 Generated
03/14/2013 - AOS Invoice Shows as Paid, AOS Packet Mailed via USPS Express Mail, DS-3032 Re-sent with Supervisor Review
03/15/2013 - AOS Packet Received by NVC, DS-3032 Supervisor Review Accepted
03/18/2013 - IV Invoice Received and Paid
03/21/2013 - IV Packet Mailed via USPS Express Mail
03/23/2013 - IV Invoice Shows as Paid
03/27/2013 - AOS Packet Accepted
04/03/2013 - IV Packet Reviewed
04/04/2013 - IV Checklist Received
04/15/2013 - IV Checklist Arrived at NVC
04/24/2013 - IV Checklist Reviewed - Case Complete

05/01/2013 - Interview Date Assigned
05/03/2013 - Case Shipped to Embassy

Embassy:
05/06/2013 - Case Received from NVC
05/18/2013 - Medical
06/17/2013 - Interview Date - Result: AP

09/20/2013 - CEAC Status Changed to Visa Issued

10/01/2013 - Visa Ready for Pickup/Picked Up (Delayed due to being sent to incorrect City initially)

10/09/2013 - POE - New York City - JFK
11/xx/2013 - Greencard Received
11/xx/2013 - Social Security number Received

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Called today to check if our IV packet was reviewed, and the operator said yes, BUT, they rejected our marriage certificate and my wife's birth certificate, saying it wasn't original or certified. Both were, I had gotten two certified copies of each, and sent one to USCIS, and this second set to NVC. They'll re-review but now my wife has to get the documents again and make sure certified properly from the issuing authority.

This is devastating, instead of a case complete, a checklist, getting close to cutting into the window that my wife can visit between semesters of late July. Feel like crying... crying.gifsad.gifheadbonk.gifmad.gif

I wanted to thank you for replying back to me, but I decided to send my stuff in anyways...hoping everything goes good...

And that sucks about your documents! I've read about that happening and my thing is, how can they tell this stuff isn't original or certified?

Someone needs to do their job!!

9/29/06 - Started dating my husband (LDR For 5 years after 6/07)
8/22/12 - Married in Japan
10/10/12 - I-130 Sent (Japan Post)
10/12/12 - Received at Chicago Lock Box
10/15/12 - NOA1(no email, had to call and find out and recieved the hard copy 10/22/12) case at NBC
12/14/12 - NOA2(no email once again,randomly checked it online)
01/07/13 - NVC Case Received
01/25/13 - Case Number assigned and AOS fee billed(somehow NVC didn't write down the proper emails for my husband and I )
3/06/13 - AOS invoice paid!(more like the 4th,when they withdrew the money!)
3/04/13 - DS-3032 email sent
3/13/13 - DS-3032 replied to
3/14/13 - IV invoice billed
3/16/13 - IV invoice bill paid
3/19/13 - NVC withdrew my money(waiting for the PAID STATUS)
3/24/13 - IV invoice officially paid
4/03/13 - Sent AOS and IV (without PCC....doh!) package via next day mail
4/04/13 - AOS & IV Package received
4/16/13 - AOS accepted(found out by phone april 17th)
4/17/13 - NVC wants PCC(found out via phone)CHECKLIST!
4/18/13 - Sent PCC with checklist (cover letter, etc) next day mail
4/19/13 - PCC delivered
4/30/13 - Case Complete(Lord, PLEASE!!! LET ME GET IT BY THE END OF APRIL!!) #### YEAH!
5/13/13- Interview date assigned & received Packet 4
5/16/13- Package left NVC for Tokyo(I assume it will get there in 3days)
5/20/13- Package delivered to Tokyo embassy
5/21/13- Medical

6/10/13- Interview at Tokyo embassy
tuzki-emoticon-030.gif APPROVED!!
6/x/13- Visa received

7/9/13- MY Hubby is coming to good ole Houston, TX

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.