Saylin

NVC Filers - April 2013

2,135 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

I have a quick question - do we have to do anything with www.usatraveldocs.com.

On the New Delhi embassy page, it says the following:

You have received a letter scheduling an appointment for you to come to the Embassy for
an immigrant visa interview. All Immigrant Visa applicants scheduled for visa interview
are required to register at WWW.USTRAVELDOCS.com/in

But when I go to the website, it says that the applicant should go directly to the embassy on the date and time mentioned in the appointment letter.

I am very confused for my wife. Does she need to do anything with this site? Her interview is in a couple of days and while going through some forums , I came across this site. What should I be doing??

I saw this link on a different forum and it says the following:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/428385-ustraveldocscom-not-working-properly/

It says that we don't need to use the site for appointments but we do need to set up a address for the delivery of the passport.

USCIS (115 days)
10/05/12 – I-130 Sent (FedEx)
10/09/12 – Received at Chicago Lockbox
10/12/12 – NOA1
01/30/13 – I-130 Approved, received email/text notice
02/04/13 – Received NOA2 hardcopy

NVC (50 days)
02/11/13 – Case arrived in NVC
03/01/13 – Received case number, Received IIN, gave email address
03/04/13 – DS-3032 emailed and mailed
03/05/13 – DS-3032 accepted
03/06/13 – AOS (I-864) bill is invoiced and paid
03/06/13 – IV bill invoiced and paid
03/07/13 – AOS bill appears as PAID
03/07/13 – IV bill appears as PAID
03/12/13 – DS-230 form mailed out
03/12/13 – AOS (I-864) package mailed out
03/13/13 – NVC received package
03/25/13 - False checklist email
04/01/13 – Case Complete
04/01/13 – Interview date is assigned
04/01/13 – Received interview package email from NVC
04/01/13 – Case is sent to consulate

Medical/US Consulate/POE
04/15/13 – Scheduled medical
04/18/13 – Picked up medical results
05/09/13 – Interview Date - Approved!!!!!
XX/XX/XX – Picked up Visa
XX/XX/XX – POE
XX/XX/XX – Received welcome letter
XX/XX/XX – Received Green Card

I have a quick question - do we have to do anything with www.usatraveldocs.com.

On the New Delhi embassy page, it says the following:

You have received a letter scheduling an appointment for you to come to the Embassy for
an immigrant visa interview. All Immigrant Visa applicants scheduled for visa interview
are required to register at WWW.USTRAVELDOCS.com/in

But when I go to the website, it says that the applicant should go directly to the embassy on the date and time mentioned in the appointment letter.

I am very confused for my wife. Does she need to do anything with this site? Her interview is in a couple of days and while going through some forums , I came across this site. What should I be doing??

I saw this link on a different forum and it says the following:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/428385-ustraveldocscom-not-working-properly/

It says that we don't need to use the site for appointments but we do need to set up a address for the delivery of the passport.

I don't know how New Delhi works, but for Canada, we have a similar site where we have to sign up for a DHL location for our passport/package to be sent to after an approval.

I'd say just in case, sign up on that website. If for whatever reason it's not needed, well no harm done. But if you don't sign up, then she goes to the interview and finds out it's needed, well, you know...

I called yesterday and found out we had a CASE COMPLETE on May 1st!!!!! I called them on April 30th and had no news then. I wish I called last week to get the news earlier! Anyways, I'm so happy!!!!! dancin5hr.gif Thank you Saylin, Darnell, and everyone else who was so helpful throughout the whole process!!!! Now waiting for an interview date. Does anyone have an estimate how long it'll be? It's for Mumbai, India. THANK YOU!!!!!!kicking.gifkicking.gifkicking.gifkicking.gifkicking.gif

I called yesterday and found out we had a CASE COMPLETE on May 1st!!!!! I called them on April 30th and had no news then. I wish I called last week to get the news earlier! Anyways, I'm so happy!!!!! dancin5hr.gif Thank you Saylin, Darnell, and everyone else who was so helpful throughout the whole process!!!! Now waiting for an interview date. Does anyone have an estimate how long it'll be? It's for Mumbai, India. THANK YOU!!!!!!kicking.gifkicking.gifkicking.gifkicking.gifkicking.gif

Congrats! This is why I suggest calling every day so you're as up to date as possible ;)

And you can start doing your own research here: http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/k1list.php?cfl=0&op1=3&op2=d&op3=5&op4=1&op5=5,6,8,10,11,13,14,15,16,17,18,20,21,22,25,26,27,28,108,110,111,208,210,211&op6=All&op7=India&dfile=No&adv=

Since there's more than just one embassy in India, make sure you ignore the time lines of people going through different embassies than you as it's likely they have different time frames.

Guys I sent my IV package on Friday may 3

How long does it take to get case close

Case complete only happens after both packages have been accepted. It's still taking just around 1-2 weeks to review packages. Once both packages are accepted, they do a final review, which seems to only take a day or so, then close the case.

Congrats! This is why I suggest calling every day so you're as up to date as possible wink.png

And you can start doing your own research here: http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/k1list.php?cfl=0&op1=3&op2=d&op3=5&op4=1&op5=5,6,8,10,11,13,14,15,16,17,18,20,21,22,25,26,27,28,108,110,111,208,210,211&op6=All&op7=India&dfile=No&adv=

Since there's more than just one embassy in India, make sure you ignore the time lines of people going through different embassies than you as it's likely they have different time frames.

Thank you Saylin. I got the email from NVC yesterday about the case completes. I checked out a few timelines for the specific embassy and most people had 2 months till interview. Some had a month after case complete. So I'll just have to wait patiently :)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
Since there's more than just one embassy in India,

Actually, that is not correct, there is only one US Embassy in India. However, there are also 4 Consulates in addition to the Embassy located there as well. With that being said, there are only two immigrant visa issuing posts in India and those are located in New Delhi and Mumbai.

Edited by Ryan H

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Actually, that is not correct, there is only one US Embassy in India. However, there are also 4 Consulates in addition to the Embassy located there as well. With that being said, there are only two immigrant visa issuing posts in India and those are located in New Delhi and Mumbai.

Oops! Thought they were all embassies. Didn't realise the others were consulates. Thanks for the correction! :)

Filed: Country: Syria
Timeline

I called they said they haven't start looking to my package I'm so mad when is this going to end

I want to get case close and get in interview

Dose Jordan takes a long time to make interviews

I called they said they haven't start looking to my package I'm so mad when is this going to end

I want to get case close and get in interview

Dose Jordan takes a long time to make interviews

It typically takes 1-2 weeks to review packages. I'm thinking your package should be reviewed this week. Just keep calling once a day to get a status of your case.

Once everything's been accepted, then a short final review is done, then case complete.

And here's the time lines for those going through Jordan to start your research on time frames from case complete to interview date: http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/k1list.php?cfl=0&op1=3&op2=d&op3=5&op4=1&op5=5,6,8,10,11,13,14,15,16,17,18,20,21,22,25,26,27,28,108,110,111,208,210,211&op6=All&op7=Jordan&dfile=No&adv=

Filed: Country: Syria
Timeline

It typically takes 1-2 weeks to review packages. I'm thinking your package should be reviewed this week. Just keep calling once a day to get a status of your case.

Once everything's been accepted, then a short final review is done, then case complete.

And here's the time lines for those going through Jordan to start your research on time frames from case complete to interview date: http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/k1list.php?cfl=0&op1=3&op2=d&op3=5&op4=1&op5=5,6,8,10,11,13,14,15,16,17,18,20,21,22,25,26,27,28,108,110,111,208,210,211&op6=All&op7=Jordan&dfile=No&adv=

Thank u so much I'm sorry for bothering u guys but I have no one to talk to and annoying them but u guys and my hubby

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Hi,

Just to be sure, I don't need to pay the ESTA fee now when I go to the US, correct?

CR-1 Spouse Visa, Filled abroad (I am the Beneficiary / Applicant)

2012 USCIS (MSC)

October 15: I-130 NOA1

December 15: NOA2

2013 NVC (BRS) Case number received 5 weeks after NOA2 - DS-3032
February 25: AOS and IV delivered to NVC

March 13: Case complete
April 3: Interview - Visa approved - USCIS Immigrant Fee paid

May: POE (Dallas Fort Worth Airport)

2015 REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 18: NOA I-751 Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence

March 18: Biometrics appointment

August 17: approved

Hi,

Just to be sure, I don't need to pay the ESTA fee now when I go to the US, correct?

When you immigrate, you won't be flying under the VWP as you won't be a visitor but an immigrant instead, so no.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.