Saylin

NVC Filers - April 2013

2,135 posts in this topic

YAY! Case Complete as of today!

:dance:

Hooray!! :thumbs:

I'm a dual US/Hungarian citizen (both by birth; Hungarian citizenship verification TBA), and my husband is a dual British/Irish citizen (by treaty) from Northern Ireland. We are atheists.

All advice is given pursuant to the Disclaimer that you may read at the bottom of each forum page.

LATEST STEPS:

28 Jun 2013: POE Houston

08 Jul 2013: SSN received (at SSA office)

07 Aug 2013: Green Card received

27 Feb 2014: Whoa, life happened. Planning move "back home" together to Republic of Ireland by end of April.

29 Apr 2014: POE Dublin through Heathrow

15 May 2014: Received formal residency/work permission (GNIB card with Stamp 4, one year renewable) for the ROI

For my FULL timeline, see my "About Me" page.

For small creatures such as we, the vastness is bearable only through love. (Carl Sagan)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I just noticed a mistake I made.

Sigh.

When I did the OPTIN email.

I labeled MYSELF as the beneficiary and my husband as the Petitioner.

Should be opposite.

I have no idea where I would even begin to fix that issue...

oldlady.gif

Timeline

OKAY! AoS Packet Sent.

Now.

Based on my little timeline here:

1. Once the case number is assigned, on the SAME call, do the following: get the case number, get the IIN, get the BIN, give over both email addresses

2. Send the optin email (if you wish to do EP)

3. Try logging onto the payment portal, once you can, pay the AOS bill

3. Try logging onto the online forms portal, once you can, fill out the DS-261

4. Once the IV bill has been invoiced (based on acceptance of DS-261), pay the IV bill

5. Once AOS is showing as paid and optin email has been accepted, send the AOS package

6. Once IV is showing as paid and optin email has been accepted, send the IV package and fill out the DS-260 online

7. Respond to any checklists

It says try logging into the online forms portal once I can and fill out the DS-261.

Payment seems to be talked about later

However, based on Saylin's wiki, it says:

Once the IV fee appears as PAID, it’s time to fill out the DS-260 form.

I don't think I can do this until AFTER I pay the IV fee right?

Or should I keep checking back and eventually it will show up?

Thanks guys (L) (L) (L) (L)

oldlady.gif

Congrats!!! kicking.gifkicking.gif

I just realized I don't think this is an issue.

Based on their response to me, they seem to have noticed and corrected it.

Glad they noticed and corrected it. Even if they didn't, I don't think it would have been a big deal as it's the CASE that is put into EP, not a person.

OKAY! AoS Packet Sent.

Now.

Based on my little timeline here:

It says try logging into the online forms portal once I can and fill out the DS-261.

Payment seems to be talked about later

However, based on Saylin's wiki, it says:

I don't think I can do this until AFTER I pay the IV fee right?

Or should I keep checking back and eventually it will show up?

Thanks guys (L) (L) (L) (L)

Yay, grats on sending the AOS package! You've got that part of the process out of the way.

The DS-261 and DS-260 are two different forms.

DS-261 = online DS-3032, Choice of Agent form

DS-260 = online DS-230, Immigrant Visa form

I believe you already did the DS-261 online, right? And you're just waiting for the IV bill to appear? If so, right now, you're just waiting on the IV bill. Once that's invoiced, pay it. The DS-260 should then open up and you can fill that out. You'll also be able to email the IV package.

Hope that was clear enough! If not, ask away!

Filed: Country: Nepal
Timeline

Hello

Quick Question: Is it necessary to write NVC Case # on each and every pages of documents and forms while submitting AOS and IV packages?

Thank you.

as1cJKgNw000000MDAzMTUwc3w1MjYyODMxc3xXZ

03/22/2011: NOA 1

03/20/2013: NOA 2

04/15/2013: Case number

04/15/2013: DS3032 emailed

04/19/2013: AOS paid

04/26/2013: DS3032 accepted

04/29/2013: IV paid

04/29/2013: AOS package submitted (Resubmitted: 05/13/2013)

05/02/2013: IV package submitted (Resubmitted: 05/16/2013)

05/24/2013: AOS accepted

05/28/2013: IV accepted

05/28/2013: Case complete

08/22/2013: Visa Approved

Timeline

Congrats!!! kicking.gifkicking.gif

Glad they noticed and corrected it. Even if they didn't, I don't think it would have been a big deal as it's the CASE that is put into EP, not a person.

Yay, grats on sending the AOS package! You've got that part of the process out of the way.

The DS-261 and DS-260 are two different forms.

DS-261 = online DS-3032, Choice of Agent form

DS-260 = online DS-230, Immigrant Visa form

I believe you already did the DS-261 online, right? And you're just waiting for the IV bill to appear? If so, right now, you're just waiting on the IV bill. Once that's invoiced, pay it. The DS-260 should then open up and you can fill that out. You'll also be able to email the IV package.

Hope that was clear enough! If not, ask away!

baaaaaaaaaah damn the person that numbered these forms

yes i knew that just wasnt reading it right. ty!

oldlady.gif

YAY! Congrats!!! kicking.gif

*See ABOUT ME for complete Visa Journey Timeline*

~~~ROC~~~

04/12/15- Eligible to apply for removal of conditions

05/16/15- I-175 Mailed to VSC

05/19/15- NOA (received 05/23)

06/16/15- Biometrics Appointment

03/07/16- ROC Decision Date - Approved

03/11/16- Text and Email Received 'New Card in Production'

03/12/16- Approval Letter Received in the Mail

03/??/16- 10 Year Greencard in Hand

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Yes Hopefully!!

Waiting on the IV bill to be invoiced soon

Thanks! I see you're catching up, hopefully you can make into the same interview assignment batch! smile.gif

Hello

Quick Question: Is it necessary to write NVC Case # on each and every pages of documents and forms while submitting AOS and IV packages?

Thank you.

Necessary? No. Highly recommended? Yes.

Remember, the purpose of writing the case number on all pages (EXCEPT the bar-coded cover sheet and cover letter) is in case a document is misplaced from the package, the document can then be reunited if there's a case number on it. Depending what document falls out, it could be lost forever as there's no information on it to identify it.

baaaaaaaaaah damn the person that numbered these forms

yes i knew that just wasnt reading it right. ty!

Yeah, lots of form numbers wacko.gif

A&C, Hikergirl and me are all gonna be at the same interview!! I know it! LOL Hurry up KDH, you need to join.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.