StephAnn2012

USCIS announced today 1 year timeline for K-1 Apps

94 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

This is beyond unacceptable. US Citizens filed this petition and paid good money for it. There is absolutely no reason that ANY group, business, illegal, whatever....

...If a group of illegals who don't have to pay anything to process their application can get set ahead of the legitimate citizens what are we coming to?

As far as I know this is a misconception and I believe that each DACA filer must pay about the same fees as a K-1 applicant

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deferred_Action_for_Childhood_Arrivals

"Application fee: $465 ($380 processing fee plus $85 biometrics fee)" Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Also there is some misunderstanding in the fact that DACA does not in any way confer citizenship, it essentially get's them a reprieve of deportation for two years; whether or not there is a path to citizenship at this point, I think remains a point to be decided in the future.

This all being said I still sympathize. With all I've heard about "new jobs" here is a prime example for several hundred new jobs. I hope that a dedicated workforce is created for DACA as there are ~1,260,000 people eligible and close to half a million who will become eligible as soon as they hit age 15.

Consider this: If all of the 1.76 (those over as well as those who will become age 15 in future years) million apply the combined fee income will be a whopping $818,400,000. If only 10% of this income were to be used for salary and training that would amount to $81,000,000.00. If it costs $200,000 to train and then to pay a person for two years just 10% of the potential feeincome would pay for 405 new USCIS workers.

The delays must be heart-breaking and though we are at VSC and looking at a 6 month turn-around (180-187 days per vj's timeline estimator) I cannot help but wonder if DACA will spill over to VSC and lengthen our wait. I do hope that USCIS manages to reverse and shorten CSC's waiting period.

Edited by Juliet and Steve

09/29/2012 - Met Online

11/22/2012 - 11/28/2012 - Steve's 1st Visit

02/08/2013 - I129F Submitted

02/12/2013 - NOA1

02/13/2013 - 03/07/2013 - Steve's 2nd Visit

02/14/2013 - Officially Engaged

06/21/2013 - Case transferred from VSC to TSC

07/24/2013 - NOA2

08/21/2013 - File sent to NVC

08/28/2013 - MNL Case Number received through phone

08/30/2013 - Visa Fee Paid

09/04/2013 - Medical Exam at SLEC (Done in 1 day)

09/25/2013 - Interview Appointment (Under AP with 221G)

10/01/2013 - Additional Document dropped at 2GO SM Cebu

10/08/2013 - CEAC Status Updated to READY

10/30/2013 - CEAC Status Updated to AP

10/30/2013 - CEAC Status ISSUED

11/06/2013 - VISA Received

11/11/2013 - CFO Done

11/15/2013 - POE Detroit

Timeline

Consider this: If all of the 1.76 (those over as well as those who will become age 15 in future years) million apply the combined fee income will be a whopping $818,400,000. If only 10% of this income were to be used for salary and training that would amount to $81,000,000.00. If it costs $200,000 to train and then to pay a person for two years just 10% of the potential feeincome would pay for 405 new USCIS workers.

You forgot the toilet plumbing made out of gold...

But yeah, if they hired just 5 people to work on I-129Fs, they would be able to get back on track in a relatively short time.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

You forgot the toilet plumbing made out of gold...

But yeah, if they hired just 5 people to work on I-129Fs, they would be able to get back on track in a relatively short time.

I'm happy to go and work there for a reduced salary for a year if it means I get to approve my own petition first!

K1 Timeline:

15th Feb 2013 - Mailed I-129F to CSC
21st Feb 2013 - NOA1

4th Jun 2013 - NOA2

7th Aug 2013 - Medical

5th Sep 2013 - Interview

4th Dec 2013 - POE SFO

Timeline

I'm happy to go and work there for a reduced salary for a year if it means I get to approve my own petition first!

They can hire a dozen DACA recipients!!!!

Timeline

Likely. It would help if CSC would report their stats for Feb & March :) I assume the average is calculated for the preceding 12 months, and as such, CSC had a really good slot within their last 12 months, keeping their average still at 6.6. I expect it's more like 8 months at present.

+1

Although I think it is very likely that CSC wait times are going to get longer, it's not helpful to say that it is *definitely* a year based on one conversation. I would expect CSC to report this on their processing times before stating it as a blanket truth.

The CSC probably will hold off reporting on Feb and March as long as possible. I'm pretty sure they know we're pissed...that kind of information would get us even more pissed.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

I am at Vermont and I been waiting for 10 months Now

Looking at your time line, it appears you had a RFE. This shows they have been working on yours at some point. Where others at CSC have not been touched. Just saying? Hope for a speedy approval.

Edited by odellmar

event.png

event.png

event.png

I understand both sides of the coin on this subject. Here is a speach the President said back on 01-29-2013 but for some reason I thought it was from last fall but I was wrong. If anyone can find anything similar to that was from last fall before the election I would be interested in seeing it. Here is the full link http://www.theatlanticwire.com/politics/2013/01/watch-obamas-immigration-speech-live/61543/

First, I believe we need to stay focused on enforcement. That means continuing to strengthen security at our borders. It means cracking down more forcefully on businesses that knowingly hire undocumented workers. To be fair, most businesses want to do the right thing, but a lot of them have a hard time figuring out who’s here legally, who’s not. So we need to implement a national system that allows businesses to quickly and accurately verify someone’s employment status. And if they still knowingly hire undocumented workers, then we need to ramp up the penalties.

Second, we have to deal with the 11 million individuals who are here illegally. We all agree that these men and women should have to earn their way to citizenship. But for comprehensive immigration reform to work, it must be clear from the outset that there is a pathway to citizenship. (Applause.)

We’ve got to lay out a path -- a process that includes passing a background check, paying taxes, paying a penalty, learning English, and then going to the back of the line, behind all the folks who are trying to come here legally. That's only fair, right? (Applause.)

So that means it won’t be a quick process but it will be a fair process. And it will lift these individuals out of the shadows and give them a chance to earn their way to a green card and eventually to citizenship. (Applause.)

And the third principle is we’ve got to bring our legal immigration system into the 21st century because it no longer reflects the realities of our time. (Applause.) For example, if you are a citizen, you shouldn’t have to wait years before your family is able to join you in America. You shouldn't have to wait years. (Applause.)

His second thing he is talking about is a path for illegal immigrants not specifying all illegal immigrants or the Dream/Deca to go to the back of the line behind everybody doing it the legal way. Thats only fair right?

His third thing he is talking about is not taking not taking years for legally for your family to join you in America. Not sure if he is talking about spouses, parents, siblings, or other family members. Not sure if he is considering a fiance/fiancee a family member or not since they are not married yet.

He is also talking about immigration reform he wants to do that is not law yet. I wish there was better transparency with what the President wants and what is happening at the service centers. I hope everybody going through this process a much more speedier process then what is going on.

AOS Journey

11-04-2011 sent AOS to Chicago lockbox

11-07-2011 delivered

11-08-2011 Date on text messages but did not receive until 11-22-2011

11-23-2011 Check cashed.

11-25-2011 Hard copies of NOA1s

12-06-2012 Pui's Brother unexpectly passes away and we make an info pass appointment and receive an emergancy AP so she can return home. Pui leaves for Thailand for 2 weeks.

12-06-2012 Get a text message and email that she received an RFE

12-12-2012 RFE for original birth certificate. I swear we sent it along with a certificate translation of it.

12-20-2012 Pui returns from Thailand.

12-21-2012 We send the RFE back for with original birth certificate along with a new certificate of translation(I had to wait for her to return for her to sign)

12-26-2012 text and email they have received the RFE.

12-29-2012 Appointment for biometrics is 01-23-2012

01-13-2012 AP is approved.

01-23-2012 Biometrics appointment. Later during the evening the text and email saying the EAD is approved.

01-31-2012 EAD/AP combo card arrives.

05-22-2012 Email and text card is in production!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I understand both sides of the coin on this subject. Here is a speach the President said back on 01-29-2013 but for some reason I thought it was from last fall but I was wrong. If anyone can find anything similar to that was from last fall before the election I would be interested in seeing it. Here is the full link http://www.theatlanticwire.com/politics/2013/01/watch-obamas-immigration-speech-live/61543/

His second thing he is talking about is a path for illegal immigrants not specifying all illegal immigrants or the Dream/Deca to go to the back of the line behind everybody doing it the legal way. Thats only fair right?

His third thing he is talking about is not taking not taking years for legally for your family to join you in America. Not sure if he is talking about spouses, parents, siblings, or other family members. Not sure if he is considering a fiance/fiancee a family member or not since they are not married yet.

He is also talking about immigration reform he wants to do that is not law yet. I wish there was better transparency with what the President wants and what is happening at the service centers. I hope everybody going through this process a much more speedier process then what is going on.

They clearly aren't being put at the back of the line they are being put at the front of the line and given special preferential treatment which is completely insane and ridiculous. Anyone applying for a K-1 and virtually every other Visa has to have a completely clean criminal record, these people have broken the law and continue to break the law every day they are in America, they should all be removed, taken back to where they came from, have to pay their removal costs, pay all their taxes, pay an application fee for a Visa; and then every application submitted legally by a person with a clean criminal record must be processed before their application is even touched and if USCIS doesn't have the infrastructure to cope with DACA applicants then those people need to wait the years it takes for USCIS so sort its self out to handle such an influx. You cannot reward peoples crimes by giving them citizenship and showing them favoritism, otherwise they might as well go ahead and release all the murderers and other such criminals, give them a pay out, say your sorry and do anything else they want for them.

AOS+EAD Sent 8-9-13

AOS+EAD Received 8-13-13

EAD NOA1 8-13-13

AOS NOA1 8-15-13

AOS+EAD Biometrics 9-17-2013, Walk-In 8-29-2013

EAD Approved 10-15-13

AOS Interview 12-18-13

E-REQUEST 2-3-14

INFOPASS Appointment 2-12-14

AOS Approved 2-24-2014

They clearly aren't being put at the back of the line they are being put at the front of the line and given special preferential treatment which is completely insane and ridiculous. Anyone applying for a K-1 and virtually every other Visa has to have a completely clean criminal record, these people have broken the law and continue to break the law every day they are in America, they should all be removed, taken back to where they came from, have to pay their removal costs, pay all their taxes, pay an application fee for a Visa; and then every application submitted legally by a person with a clean criminal record must be processed before their application is even touched and if USCIS doesn't have the infrastructure to cope with DACA applicants then those people need to wait the years it takes for USCIS so sort its self out to handle such an influx. You cannot reward peoples crimes by giving them citizenship and showing them favoritism, otherwise they might as well go ahead and release all the murderers and other such criminals, give them a pay out, say your sorry and do anything else they want for them.

Yes I wish there was better tranparency in this whole process. It should not take 1 year to process the NOA2 for a K1.

AOS Journey

11-04-2011 sent AOS to Chicago lockbox

11-07-2011 delivered

11-08-2011 Date on text messages but did not receive until 11-22-2011

11-23-2011 Check cashed.

11-25-2011 Hard copies of NOA1s

12-06-2012 Pui's Brother unexpectly passes away and we make an info pass appointment and receive an emergancy AP so she can return home. Pui leaves for Thailand for 2 weeks.

12-06-2012 Get a text message and email that she received an RFE

12-12-2012 RFE for original birth certificate. I swear we sent it along with a certificate translation of it.

12-20-2012 Pui returns from Thailand.

12-21-2012 We send the RFE back for with original birth certificate along with a new certificate of translation(I had to wait for her to return for her to sign)

12-26-2012 text and email they have received the RFE.

12-29-2012 Appointment for biometrics is 01-23-2012

01-13-2012 AP is approved.

01-23-2012 Biometrics appointment. Later during the evening the text and email saying the EAD is approved.

01-31-2012 EAD/AP combo card arrives.

05-22-2012 Email and text card is in production!

Timeline

They moved some DACA cases to TSC, not necessarily all. Just load-spreading, as I expect they're under a lot of pressure to process DACA quickly due to the highly visible political nature of it.

Oh SOME,?? I thought all..

I have thoughts on my mind, if DACA are illegal who wants to be legal living in US and some says that obama approved that for his candidacy last NOV (that worked, bcoz he won)

How can illegal can vote if they are illegal??

I don't know what to say, last year csc is faster than vsc now is vsc year?? ugh...

♥♥God gave you to me. I asked Him why, He said, “Because he can fill your life like no one else can.” ♥♥I love you and I really miss you so much luv!♥♥Hope to be with you soon and have a happy family!♥♥

Timeline

I only wish that the service centers could see the negative impact the delays are having on so many lives. This is making a lot of people ill. I was lucky Greg was able to visit for three weeks and only went home at the beginning of March but due to trying to get the ranch up and running so we can meet the poverty guidlines, he will not be able to visit me here until late September at the earliest. If I use my savings to visit him then that would be the cost of four very expensive airline tickets in the school summer vacation in August and the possibility of being denied entry. We need to sink our money into buying equipment and livestock right now to ensure we can have our future together. Please, please don't keep us waiting a year for our NOA2!

event.png

07.22.2011 Met the other half of my soul for first time In the US
06.08.2012 Got engaged
08.01.2012 I-129F submitted
08.07.2012 NOA1 received
04.18.2013 RFE email & Txt

04.24.2013 RFE email & Txt again!

04.28.2013 RFE hard copy rec'vd

05.03.2013 RFE response mailed to CSC

05.06.2013 RFE response received at CSC

05.09.2013 NOA2 text!!!!!!

05.13.2013 NOA2 Hard Copy received YAY!!!!

07.24.2013 Date of Packet 4

07.26.2013 Received packet 4

08.30.2013 Interview at London Embassy

APPROVED!!!!! YAY YAY YAY!!!!!

Timeline

Are we allowed to swear in this forum? Because hell I have a lot to say for them. :devil:

I doubt it but it wouldn't make you feel any better anyway. I am past the point of needing to swear, now i just read the bad news and sigh! The bad news is kinda expected. I look at Igor's list and see how many Vermont filers get their NOA2's compared to CSC filers and I reach for the coffee and chocolate and console my self in that for atleast 20 mins. Gonna need more chocolate soon lol

event.png

07.22.2011 Met the other half of my soul for first time In the US
06.08.2012 Got engaged
08.01.2012 I-129F submitted
08.07.2012 NOA1 received
04.18.2013 RFE email & Txt

04.24.2013 RFE email & Txt again!

04.28.2013 RFE hard copy rec'vd

05.03.2013 RFE response mailed to CSC

05.06.2013 RFE response received at CSC

05.09.2013 NOA2 text!!!!!!

05.13.2013 NOA2 Hard Copy received YAY!!!!

07.24.2013 Date of Packet 4

07.26.2013 Received packet 4

08.30.2013 Interview at London Embassy

APPROVED!!!!! YAY YAY YAY!!!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

I doubt it but it wouldn't make you feel any better anyway. I am past the point of needing to swear, now i just read the bad news and sigh! The bad news is kinda expected. I look at Igor's list and see how many Vermont filers get their NOA2's compared to CSC filers and I reach for the coffee and chocolate and console my self in that for atleast 20 mins. Gonna need more chocolate soon lol

There are times, I go to silent mode. There are times I go to ring and vibrate mode.

Today I am in ring vibrate and loud mode.

I am sooooooooooooo frustrated..... :help:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline

Oh SOME,?? I thought all..

I have thoughts on my mind, if DACA are illegal who wants to be legal living in US and some says that obama approved that for his candidacy last NOV (that worked, bcoz he won)

How can illegal can vote if they are illegal??

I don't know what to say, last year csc is faster than vsc now is vsc year?? ugh...

Illegal aliens can't vote, but immigration reform is a major political issue for many Hispanic voters. The battle for that voting block's "hearts and minds", was swung even more into the "D" camp by the president creating DACA after the Dream Act was shot down by congress.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.