Mary Therese

Medical Exam Experience for US Embassy Applicants

41 posts in this topic

If you haven't already scheduled,

there are no dates available after May 22nd through June 4th as of yesterday. We scheduled for June 4th.

thanks a lot sis. by the way im a girl, smile.png ( the beneficiary) .. my profile name is a mix of my bf's name smile.png g00d thing you mentioned about the menstrual cycle, it just came today also haha, maybe due to stress or excitement:)so my medical exam should be 7 days after the LAST day of my menstrual period and atleast 7 days before my interview date right?is it also okay to set the interview date online? im afraid they will give me june schedule if i call through the embassy number. keeping my fingers crossed if everything will be okay , i am planning to have my interview date on the last week of the month of may . my soon to be hubby's birthday is on june 15:) im hoping we can finish everything and be with each other on his day:)do you think the time is too short to for me to finish everything by june 15.

thanks a lot for the info:) i appreciate it:)

01/15/12 - Sent Aya a message on a dating site
03/10/12 - We became "exclusive"
03/15/12 - We told each other "I love you"
08/17/12 - 2 week trip to the Philippines to be with her
08/27/12 - I asked her to marry me (in Cebuano), she cried and said yes
09/02/12 - I came back to the USA

Started on the paperwork

09/22/12 - Mailed I-129F
09/25/12 - Saw on USPS that the package was delivered in Texas
09/28/12 - NOA1
10/08/12 - Received hard copy NOA1
12/19/12 - CFO Counseling Session (to get it out of the way)
04/27/13 - NOA2
05/06/13 - NVC Received and MNL # assigned
05/21/13 - Medical Exam Day
06/04/13 - Interview Day
xx/xx/xx - Visa Arrived
xx/xx/xx - Off to Chicago

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Ummm...i dont get your post above...seems like you're answering your own question...hehe

Umm..what visa are you processing? K1 visa isnt it?

To have reference of what im talking about do more reading on USEM website..its ALL there... smile.png

Then you will see that a K1 visa applicant will instead fill in the DS 156 instead of the DS 160, no uploaded photo needed, you will bring the visa photo on the interview...

Actually, when you schedule your interview online, you will ask first to fill out a Visa Application (DS-160, You need a Photo to upload). Iba pa yung DS-156, you have to bring that on your interview. Yes, I'm K1 Visa Applicant for my Fiancee. I have filled out the registration form for the Medical Exam, and you mentioned that you can fill out a Patient Data Sheet online and that's what I'm trying to find in SLEC website. How long before you actually received your Visa after you got approved? I'm just woriied because my Fiancee and I have a ticket already. We planned to fly together to U.S. and our interview is on June 10 and our ticket to fly to U.S. is on June 22. Do you think we have enough time? I just want to ask you based on your own experience. Thanks.

This is false information. You absolutely do not fill out the DS-160 for the K1. This has been covered a million times on here.

You fill out the DS156(k) and that takes place of the DS-160. Even on the site it says that you don't fill out the DS-160 for K filers.

01/15/12 - Sent Aya a message on a dating site
03/10/12 - We became "exclusive"
03/15/12 - We told each other "I love you"
08/17/12 - 2 week trip to the Philippines to be with her
08/27/12 - I asked her to marry me (in Cebuano), she cried and said yes
09/02/12 - I came back to the USA

Started on the paperwork

09/22/12 - Mailed I-129F
09/25/12 - Saw on USPS that the package was delivered in Texas
09/28/12 - NOA1
10/08/12 - Received hard copy NOA1
12/19/12 - CFO Counseling Session (to get it out of the way)
04/27/13 - NOA2
05/06/13 - NVC Received and MNL # assigned
05/21/13 - Medical Exam Day
06/04/13 - Interview Day
xx/xx/xx - Visa Arrived
xx/xx/xx - Off to Chicago

Actually, when you schedule your interview online, you will ask first to fill out a Visa Application (DS-160, You need a Photo to upload). Iba pa yung DS-156, you have to bring that on your interview. Yes, I'm K1 Visa Applicant for my Fiancee. I have filled out the registration form for the Medical Exam, and you mentioned that you can fill out a Patient Data Sheet online and that's what I'm trying to find in SLEC website. How long before you actually received your Visa after you got approved? I'm just woriied because my Fiancee and I have a ticket already. We planned to fly together to U.S. and our interview is on June 10 and our ticket to fly to U.S. is on June 22. Do you think we have enough time? I just want to ask you based on your own experience. Thanks.

Umm...yes I am answering questions based on my experience...:)

I think you are reading from an old source...because again....as what the above response says....you DO NOT have to fill in DS 160, in the USEM website if you scroll all the way down through the instructions...you will find out that for K visa applicants the DS 156 takes the place of DS 160 form...and again no photo upload needed :), the pre-consul filipino interviewer on the window will ask for the passport photo ;)

In my experience....

we got email confirmation of NOA 2 Jan 15, my USEM Instruction letter was dated Feb 15, I received that letter by Air21 about i think Feb 22

So i payed visa fee at BPI

then filled in DS 156 form and upon completion the system generated a barcode #

After that i called up US embassy to schedule for an interview (thank GOD they told me end of February and so on is free so I picked April 8 , I chose this to give me enough time to fully prepare mind, body and docs ;) ) . Upon calling the USEM personnel asked for my name of course, and then asked me if i already filled in DS 156 and i said yes, so the guy asked for the generated barcode #, passport no., dob, case number, bpi receipt no., and where do i want my visa sent

After securing an interview schedule i then proceeded to plan for my medical exam which should be at least 7 days before the interview and at least 7 days after the LMP (as advised)

My medical exam was March 25

Again interview was April 8

I received my passport w/ visa and visa packet April 16 dancin5hr.gif

If everything goes well in your interview...you'll have no problem flying on June 22...but...booking tickets prior to passing your interview is discouraged by the USEM.

Anyway since it has been already booked, just armor yourself well...

Really....just read, study, explore USEM website...combine it with visajourney...and follow instructions well...you'd go through smoothly...that's what i did ;)

of course witha lot of prayers ;)

we are now expecting our first baby! :goofy: (L) :dancing: (F) :wub: :star: :dance: :jest:

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Umm...yes I am answering questions based on my experience...smile.png

I think you are reading from an old source...because again....as what the above response says....you DO NOT have to fill in DS 160, in the USEM website if you scroll all the way down through the instructions...you will find out that for K visa applicants the DS 156 takes the place of DS 160 form...and again no photo upload needed smile.png, the pre-consul filipino interviewer on the window will ask for the passport photo wink.png

In my experience....

we got email confirmation of NOA 2 Jan 15, my USEM Instruction letter was dated Feb 15, I received that letter by Air21 about i think Feb 22

So i payed visa fee at BPI

then filled in DS 156 form and upon completion the system generated a barcode #

After that i called up US embassy to schedule for an interview (thank GOD they told me end of February and so on is free so I picked April 8 , I chose this to give me enough time to fully prepare mind, body and docs wink.png ) . Upon calling the USEM personnel asked for my name of course, and then asked me if i already filled in DS 156 and i said yes, so the guy asked for the generated barcode #, passport no., dob, case number, bpi receipt no., and where do i want my visa sent

After securing an interview schedule i then proceeded to plan for my medical exam which should be at least 7 days before the interview and at least 7 days after the LMP (as advised)

My medical exam was March 25

Again interview was April 8

I received my passport w/ visa and visa packet April 16 dancin5hr.gif

If everything goes well in your interview...you'll have no problem flying on June 22...but...booking tickets prior to passing your interview is discouraged by the USEM.

Anyway since it has been already booked, just armor yourself well...

Really....just read, study, explore USEM website...combine it with visajourney...and follow instructions well...you'd go through smoothly...that's what i did wink.png

of course witha lot of prayers wink.png

Hi, do you really need to have your Instruction Letter from USEM to get your medical exam.

Hi, do you really need to have your Instruction Letter from USEM to get your medical exam.

Hi in my case kasi it so happened my letter already arrived before i could pick a schedule.

However...this was the list of required docs as found in their website (www.slec.ph)

1. Regular Immigrants and K-Visa Applicants
    1. Valid passport
    2. Photocopy of Passport Biographic/Data Page, the page in the passport that contains the applicant's photo and information
    3. 3 pieces recent 2x2 visa photos (2 for submission to the U.S. Embassy, 1 for clinic file)

The US Embassy requires you to bring the 2x2 photos for your visa issuance. We regret not to release the medical report until such time that you can provide this requirement.

4. Appointment letter from the Embassy or Instruction letter from the National Visa Center (NVC), if available,
    5. 2 photocopies of your Appointment Letter/ Instruction Letter
    6. Applicants are also required to provide the name, address and contact number of their petitioner in the U.S.A.

The first window to go through at ground floor took the copy of my USEM letter. Why dont you call SLEC for sure info ;)

we are now expecting our first baby! :goofy: (L) :dancing: (F) :wub: :star: :dance: :jest:

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Hi Mary Therese! Thank you for posting this very informative topic.

Kinakabahan na ako everytime na naiisip ko ang mga procedures. Approved ang application nang fiancé ko, nakatanggap na pati sya nang NOA2 last May 15... pero ako wala pa ni isang sulat na nareceive. Sobrang nakaka-kaba. Iniisip ko panu kung bumagsak ako sa medical at interview??!!! Waaaaah! Nakaka-praning!!! Kung hindi ko lang mahal ang fiance ko, naku po!!! Kaya pa naman! ? Nakaka-stress. Anyway, maraming salamat. God bless po.

dum vita est spes est

hi Princess! naku you are very welcome, hahha ako nga rin eh, nasabi ko talaga yan sa sarili ko..'ano ba to ang dami daming paperworks tapos since im from Davao City pabalik bvalik pa sa Manila, kapagod kaka stress kung di ko lang talaga mahal yung tao..naku...ewan ko lang...haha

I understand you're being anxious and nervous, i had the same feeling of fear...dont worry if wala ka namang serious na nararamdaman physically, you will pass :)

basta hwag kalimutan enough rest the night before kasi ang aga aga mong gigising at kakain ka ba dahil di pwede food sa loob...and once papasok ka na wala di mo na gustuhing lumabas for break kasi every step you will wait for your name get called...eh baka ma miss mo pa turn mo...hehehe, magtagu ka na lang ng biscuits and water sa bag mo...damihan mo kung kaya kasi makaka tulong ka sa mga bata sa loob na naiiyak na sa gutom...yung mga parents din nila hindi nag expect ganun ka tagal....GOOD LUCK & GOD BLESS!!!

Timeline

Hi girl! Thanks so much for posting your experience....it's so helpful, we're still waiting for NOA2 , but at least i have an idea about the long queue, esp my daughter will be with me. Salamat kaayo :-))))

Hi great post..i am also moving to USA yrs away yet but I have 4 children and husband if you don't mind could I ask how much it all cost?? Thanks Leanne

Hi...thank you....i wish i could help you..but my knowledge is based on my personal experience in filing for a K1 Visa....but if you're as king about the cost of my medical exam at St. Luke's I paid around PHP 9,500.00 it's $224 but based on tehir own exchange rate i guess...check USCIS.gov, for your visa inquiries :)

Hi girl! Thanks so much for posting your experience....it's so helpful, we're still waiting for NOA2 , but at least i have an idea about the long queue, esp my daughter will be with me. Salamat kaayo :-))))

You are welcome...its my way of also being thankful to those who helped me by posting their experiences here...:)

Oh boy! Interesting to read your post regarding your two days. In the UK, the medical is 30 minutes with a doctor and a chest x-ray & blood test!

Oh boy! Interesting to read your post regarding your two days. In the UK, the medical is 30 minutes with a doctor and a chest x-ray & blood test!

hi! yes it was quite an interesting experience, I thank GOD im feeling well during my medical exam because it was tiring and by the time I was nearing the end of day 1 I was freeeeaking hungry I could've gone dizzy already ! lol :D

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

...I am now completely terrified.

Yikes.

I am hoping that the Canadian version is less...intense. I think I might go mad with all that doctor related poking and prodding.

May 29, 2013 - Finally!!! I-129F and associated forms delivered!

June 3, 2013 - NOA1!

August 19, 2013 - NOA2! (email)

October 10, 2013 - NVC has our case, Vancouver number assigned

***Communications with Vancouver begging to put my case on hold a while due to house not selling!!!***

February 18, 2014 - Packet 3 Submitted

February 20, 2014 - Packet 4!!

May 5, 2014 - Medical

May 7, 2014 - Consulate Interview

May 13, 2014 - K1 visa in hand!!!

July 2, 2014 - POE (Sweetgrass)<p>

July 23, 2014 - apply for EI (mother of god that was confusing...)<p>

August 11, 2014 - finally get hitched!

September 16, 2014 - send off AOS/AP/EAD

Timeline

hi! yes it was quite an interesting experience, I thank GOD im feeling well during my medical exam because it was tiring and by the time I was nearing the end of day 1 I was freeeeaking hungry I could've gone dizzy already ! lol :D

hello po im cOnfuse kc..k1 din sa amin nka skedule na nang 20 interview ng fiance ko kaso walang dumating na packet 3 importanti ba yun?..thank you :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.