EmilyS

Presenting relationship evidences during interview

23 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I had to put them in a photo album, because they were sticking together and weren't presentable that way. From what you've described, sounds like the photo album won't fit in the slot that opens, so I'd have to show it to them through the window or take out a few pictures from the album and hand it to them.

for the rest of the stuff, I used 2 of the hard plastic translucent folders from staples that open to different sections, that is allowed inside the consulate right?

If you wanted to, instead of having all those photographs you could scan them (unless you already have them as a digital copy) and just print 2 per sheet of paper. OR just take what you've got, but yeah, that album won't fit in the slot. If they actually want to see them you can just pull a couple out and pass them through or hold up the album. But I don't think they're going to ask.

You're fine with your folder. I brought 3 x 1" binders (one for each of us with all our correspondence) and 1 x 2" binder with all our originals. It was a pain in the #### carrying them but I didn't have much choice.

You're going to be great!

USCIS - 40 DAYS
2012-10-30: FedEx delivered I-130 to Chicago Lockbox Mail Room
2012-11-01: NOA1 by email - MSC
2012-11-02: $420 (x3) debited from our account
2012-11-05: NOA1 hard copies received, Priority Date 2012-10-30
2012-12-11: NOA2

NVC - 26 DAYS
2013-01-02: Rec'd case#, IIN, BIN & OPTIN emails for EP sent
2013-01-03: Submitted DS-261 (x3)
2013-01-07: AOS bills invoiced and paid & OPTIN for EP accepted for each of us
2013-01-08: AOS bills appear as paid & AOS packages sent by email
2013-01-08: IV bill invoiced & paid (kids' only)
2013-01-09: IV bill appears as paid (kids' only)
2013-01-09: IV Package emailed & DS-260 submitted online (kids only)
2013-01-11: AOS received -notified by email
2013-01-11: IV bill invoiced & paid (for me)
2013-01-14: IV bill appears as paid (for me)
2013-01-14: IV Supporting Docs received for kids - notified by email
2013-01-14: IV Package emailed & DS-260 submitted online (me only)
2013-01-18: IV Supporting Docs received for me - notified by email
2013-01-18: Son#1 CASE COMPLETE - Son#2 checklist - saying $ on I-864 don't match tax return (but they do)-resubmitted
2013-01-23: AOS 2nd submission for Son #2 received - notified by email
2013-01-25: My CASE COMPLETE
2013-01-28: ALL 3 OF OUR CASES ARE NOW COMPLETE
2013-02-06: Packet 4 Received by email

MEDICAL ~ CONSULATE ~ POE REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS - 160 DAYS NATURALIZATION
2013-02-13: Medicals 2014-12-17: Delivered to California Lockbox 2015-12-15: Delivered to Phoenix Lockbox
2013-03-06: Interview 2014-12-19: 1 I-751 + 3 Biometrics Fees debited from our account 2015-12-16: Fees charged to Credit Card
2013-03-08: Visas in-hand 2014-12-22: Received NOA1 by mail. Receipt Date: 2014-12-17 2015-12-17: NOA
2013-03-12: Paid USCIS Immigrant Fee 2014-12-24: Received Biometrics Appointment Letter 2016-01-02: Biometrics Letter 2016-01-11: Biometrics
2013-03-14: POE 2015-01-06: Biometrics 2016-02-15: In Line for Interview 2016-02-19: Letter
2013-03-25: SSNs arrived 2015-05-27: Approved 2016-03-22: Interview
2013-04-01: Green Cards arrived 2015-06-03: New Green Cards arrived 2016-04-15: Oath Ceremony

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

If you wanted to, instead of having all those photographs you could scan them (unless you already have them as a digital copy) and just print 2 per sheet of paper. OR just take what you've got, but yeah, that album won't fit in the slot. If they actually want to see them you can just pull a couple out and pass them through or hold up the album. But I don't think they're going to ask.

You're fine with your folder. I brought 3 x 1" binders (one for each of us with all our correspondence) and 1 x 2" binder with all our originals. It was a pain in the #### carrying them but I didn't have much choice.

You're going to be great!

I've already printed out digital copies, I will take what I've put together already, and if I'm asked for them, I will just do what works best for them.

I hope so, keep your fingers crossed for me please :):blush:

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

I had to put them in a photo album, because they were sticking together and weren't presentable that way. From what you've described, sounds like the photo album won't fit in the slot that opens, so I'd have to show it to them through the window or take out a few pictures from the album and hand it to them.

for the rest of the stuff, I used 2 of the hard plastic translucent folders from staples that open to different sections, that is allowed inside the consulate right?

They windows do have a dip in them, at least in Stockholm. We couldn't even fit the two I-864s and domicile evidence through at the same time and that was just loose paper and neither was more than 1/2" thick.

I've kept the tickets of the first movie we saw together, the receipt of the first meal we had at a restaurant, etc...

think of it this way, collecting them for memories down the road and don't think about them as "evidences"

I started collecting from out first meeting too, not for immigration purposes either. I just knew he was my soulmate, because true me, I've never made a scrap book for anyone else before. :lol: I think it will be a cute thing for a kids later, a sort of beginning of mommy and daddy's marriage through pictorial representation. Love has made me seriously corny.

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

I've kept the tickets of the first movie we saw together, the receipt of the first meal we had at a restaurant, etc...

think of it this way, collecting them for memories down the road and don't think about them as "evidences"

I read through the list in the removal of conditions forum. You should too.

I keep things like that too, but they're not real evidence. They're mementos for me. :) It's funny but I'm more interested in being in my relationship than keeping memories for the first time. I think its a good thing.

For others, like Nola, it's the change to the opppsite that makes it most important. :)

Edited by NikiR

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

I keep things like that too, but they're not real evidence. They're mementos for me. :) It's funny but I'm more interested in being in my relationship than keeping memories for the first time. I think its a good thing.

For others, like Nola, it's the change to the opppsite that makes it most important. :)

I'll stick it over here, but I meant I had begun to collect 10, 11,13, and we are working on 12 (but already have some proof of assumption of role of parent for my daughter). ;) We'll be doing most of the other stuff as soon as we have his SSN. I don't know why people get so worked up over ROC, seems pretty simple. :thumbs:

1. A deed, showing co-ownership of your property or a lease agreement with both of your names on the

lease.

2. Utility bills, credit card bills, and other types of bills which have both of your names on them. Since many utilities will only put a bill in one person's name, some bills in one name and other bills at the same address but in the other spouse's name serve the same purpose: showing your financial & social lives intermingled.

3. Copies of actual credit cards, health insurance cards, or other "joint" cards that you have together,

showing same account number.

4. Car, health, or life insurance that has both of your names on the policy or the other spouse listed as the

beneficiary.

5. 401K or other retirement plan with spouse listed as beneficiary (right to survivorship is the technical term)

6. Bank or stock accounts with both of your names on them.

7. A copy of your joint tax returns. Tax transcripts from the IRS are still the preferred method.

8. A car title or other titles to property showing joint ownership with your spouse.

9. Birth certificate of any children that have been born to your marriage.

10. Documentation of any vacations that you have taken, including flight itineraries, hotel bills, pictures of you

together on vacation.

11. Other family pictures of you together.

12. Documentary proof showing evidence of your children together (Copy of Birth Certificate, photos, etc)

13. Copies of Christmas cards and other holiday cards addressed to you both

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

The opening in the windows in Montreal have a scooped opening in the counter to feed stuff through, I don't know how else to explain it but you'll need to be bending items if you're actually passing it through. So I wouldn't bring a photo album unless you're just going to show through the window which is probably OK. I don't think you're going to have any problems but since you didn't provide anything at all at any point I think you're planning well by bringing items just in case.

Yup, must be bendable.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

I'll stick it over here, but I meant I had begun to collect 10, 11,13, and we are working on 12 (but already have some proof of assumption of role of parent for my daughter). ;) We'll be doing most of the other stuff as soon as we have his SSN. I don't know why people get so worked up over ROC, seems pretty simple. :thumbs:

1. A deed, showing co-ownership of your property or a lease agreement with both of your names on the

lease.

2. Utility bills, credit card bills, and other types of bills which have both of your names on them. Since many utilities will only put a bill in one person's name, some bills in one name and other bills at the same address but in the other spouse's name serve the same purpose: showing your financial & social lives intermingled.

3. Copies of actual credit cards, health insurance cards, or other "joint" cards that you have together,

showing same account number.

4. Car, health, or life insurance that has both of your names on the policy or the other spouse listed as the

beneficiary.

5. 401K or other retirement plan with spouse listed as beneficiary (right to survivorship is the technical term)

6. Bank or stock accounts with both of your names on them.

7. A copy of your joint tax returns. Tax transcripts from the IRS are still the preferred method.

8. A car title or other titles to property showing joint ownership with your spouse.

9. Birth certificate of any children that have been born to your marriage.

10. Documentation of any vacations that you have taken, including flight itineraries, hotel bills, pictures of you

together on vacation.

11. Other family pictures of you together.

12. Documentary proof showing evidence of your children together (Copy of Birth Certificate, photos, etc)

13. Copies of Christmas cards and other holiday cards addressed to you both

I found this post also very helpful: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/220440-i-751-evidence/

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I know they're not real evidence for immigration purposes, I've only kept them for myself, it has no meaning to anyone else than to us.

For now I'm focused on actually starting my life with hubby, I'm sure when the time for ROC comes we'd have plenty to show as the things that are listed as evidences aren't something I have to run after and keep track of. I'm already on the deed of the house, medical and car insurance, that just leaves a few other things which will come together once I have a SSN.

They windows do have a dip in them, at least in Stockholm. We couldn't even fit the two I-864s and domicile evidence through at the same time and that was just loose paper and neither was more than 1/2" thick.

I started collecting from out first meeting too, not for immigration purposes either. I just knew he was my soulmate, because true me, I've never made a scrap book for anyone else before. :lol: I think it will be a cute thing for a kids later, a sort of beginning of mommy and daddy's marriage through pictorial representation. Love has made me seriously corny.

I don't think it's corny at all, some of us actually find this very charming. We're on the same boat lol

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.