Avery Cates

How many supporters are here?

137 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

so if I understand correctly here, are we all here gonna sign this petition together?

We're each sending letters/emails to the director. Not signing a single petition. The link for the GoogleDoc for the template letter is in this thread.

I am out of the office until April 2nd. Please forward any time sensitive messages to Susan Arroyo.

Thanks,

Don Neufeld

I think rather than sending our messages to her, we should just wait until he's back. The date for sending letters was going to be Monday the 1st anyway, so we can just email him and he'll see them when he returns.

K1 Timeline:

15th Feb 2013 - Mailed I-129F to CSC
21st Feb 2013 - NOA1

4th Jun 2013 - NOA2

7th Aug 2013 - Medical

5th Sep 2013 - Interview

4th Dec 2013 - POE SFO

Timeline

Also from what I can tell. There've been over 60 people that have looked at the letter now. This is great news, granted not all of them will send letters, I imagine. But if they do, and we can get even more. We'll definitely be grabbing the attention of the Director, I think.

K1 Timeline:

21st Feb 2013 - NOA1

4th Jun 2013 - NOA2

7th Aug 2013 - Medical

5th Sep 2013 - Interview

4th Dec 2013 - POE SFO

Timeline

My letter is ready and my email as well. We need a sticky thread :)

I might contact a moderator and see if I can arrange for that.

K1 Timeline:

21st Feb 2013 - NOA1

4th Jun 2013 - NOA2

7th Aug 2013 - Medical

5th Sep 2013 - Interview

4th Dec 2013 - POE SFO

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Also from what I can tell. There've been over 60 people that have looked at the letter now. This is great news, granted not all of them will send letters, I imagine. But if they do, and we can get even more. We'll definitely be grabbing the attention of the Director, I think.

I will send one. I've already gone the email route, and received his out of office reply. I have asked a few close friends if they would consider sending on my behalf, or on everyone's behalf waiting for an NOA2. What do you think?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I am writing my e-mail now. I guess it doesn't hurt to try!

May 2010: Met Marcelo in Brazil.
August 2011: Revisited Marcelo in Brazil. Started dating =).
May 2012-August 2012: Another extended trip to Brazil to stay with Marcelo and his family.
October 25 2012: Sent I129F Petition.
October 31 2012: Received NOA1.
April 23, 2013: Received NOA2
June 11, 2013: K1 Visa Approved!!!!
_________________: The glorious arrival into the US!

Timeline

I will send one. I've already gone the email route, and received his out of office reply. I have asked a few close friends if they would consider sending on my behalf, or on everyone's behalf waiting for an NOA2. What do you think?

Yes. This is a fantastic idea. My fiance and I were planning on getting some of our friends to send letters/emails on our behalf (stating they know us and whatnot) Similar letter to the template one, except changing a few bits. So yes, get family/friends involved. It all gets the numbers up.

Also. I just noticed on my template letter it said "I (insert name), the beneficiary" This should be petitioner for those of you who are the US citizens. Or you can do as we have done and include both of our names stating we're both the petitioner and beneficiary.

Edit: Is it worth making a new thread for this? So the very first post can include all relevant information so new people don't have to trawl through an entire thread to find the information they need? Would that be okay? WIth the possibility of having it pinned if mods see fit?

Edited by B&L

K1 Timeline:

21st Feb 2013 - NOA1

4th Jun 2013 - NOA2

7th Aug 2013 - Medical

5th Sep 2013 - Interview

4th Dec 2013 - POE SFO

Filed: Timeline

I'm writing! What's the best email subject to put? Thanks in advance!

2013-08-13 - Sent AOS package (I-485/I-765/I-131 for K1; I-485/I-131 for K2)

2013-08-21 - E-notification text & email with case numbers. Receipt date for I-485 was 2013-08-15. Receipt date for I-765 and I-131 was 2013-08-20.

2013-08-24 - Received hard copy NOA1 for K1's I-485, I-765, and I-131. No NOA1 received for K2's I-485 and I-131.

2013-08-30 - Received biometrics appointment letters for 2013-09-13. Sent Request for Rescheduling form to re-reschedule biometrics.

2013-09-04 - Biometrics processing stamp (early walk-in / Infopass)

2013-09-10 - Received a second set of biometrics appointment letters so I sent back copies of our biometrics processing stamps to three offices: Alexandria BPU, NBC, and Vermont Service Center.

2013-09-23 - E-notification: change of Case Status (I-485 K1&K2 ready for interview scheduling)

2013-09-26 - Received a third biometrics appointment letter (to K1 only). Ignored.

2013-10-10 - E-notification: Interview appointment notice for 11/13/13

2013-10-14 - Received hard copy interview letter in the mail

2013-10-18 - E-notification: "name change relating to I-765"; E-notification: 1-131 approved (K1)

2013-10-22 - Received AOS interview cancellation notice by mail

2013-10-23 - E-notification: change of Case Status (I-485 K1&K2 interview cancelled) ; E-notification: I-765 approved; E-notification: 1-131 approved (K2)

2013-11-13 - I-485 Interview for K1&K2. Approved

2015-03-30 - Divorced

Timeline

I say we go gasther in front of CSC one day with signs.

I've been saving up all my vacation time to finally be with my fiancee. If this drags on into the summer with no NOA2, I can think of no better way to spend some of my vacation time flying to southern California and picketing somewhere visible near the CSC. I've got a friend in Riverside that will probably join us.

event.png

Timeline

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lithuania
Timeline

I've sent few emails and 2 more letters to Donald Neufeld and Janet Napolitano who implemented DACA, describing its effect on overall backlog in CSC. Citizen rights must have priority!

Timeline

This is good guys. Just have to keep going like this, getting as many people as possible and sending letters and emails over the next week. Hopefully we'll make a real difference when he comes back Tuesday to a pile of emails!

K1 Timeline:

21st Feb 2013 - NOA1

4th Jun 2013 - NOA2

7th Aug 2013 - Medical

5th Sep 2013 - Interview

4th Dec 2013 - POE SFO

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.