50 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I guess I should give an update. I received my spouses biometric appointment on 4/4/2013 and we went in the ASC office the next day via walk-in. I waited outside the building and it only took him 15 min. to complete everything. I also got a my final checklist notice from the NVC stating that all that needs to be filed is the I-601A approval notice so that they can schedule the interview. Now all we have to do is wait....I hate waiting... :whistle:

Well I'm officially pissed off... yesterday was 6 wks since our application was accepted and we got our receipt number & we still haven't gotten a dang biometrics appointment letter.

I called USCIS several times and spoke to Tier 2 ppl and no one can tell me anything. Finally I made our paralegal call about it 2 wks ago. They said wait for it another 2 wks. Yesterday was their 2 wk deadline so I made her call again and now they say instead of the "you must allow 30 days from receipt of case until your biometrics is scheduled/letter sent to you" NOW ITS 60 DAYS.

I'm so so so so annoyed. I feel like we are stuck in a black hole, since several people on here sent theirs off the same time as us (March 17) and got their receipt around the same time (March 22) and have already not only gotten the bio appt letter but also completed the appointment.

Sorry for the rant. SO PISSED!!!

Started talking online: 12-24-2006

Started dating: 2-22-2007
Engaged: 12-24-2009
Married: 12-19-2010
First appointment with lawyer: 3-16-12
Sent I-130: 4-16-2012
Rcvd NOA1: 5-1-2012
Rcvd NOA2: 10-23-2012
Rcvd NVC bills: 11-02-2012
Paid NVC bills: 1-18-2013
Mailed off NVC docs & Provisional Waiver packet: 3-14-2013
NVC site status confirms "PROCESSING": 3-22-2013

Flew to CDJ: 10-18-2013

Approved for visa: 10-23-2013

Flew home <3 10-26-2010

Timeline

I'm so sorry mrs a2010 just be Patient and everything will be fine just keep Calling your lawyer my prayer are with you that you get your letter soon keep updating us good lick

event.png

Timeline

I'm so sorry mrs a2010 just be Patient and everything will be fine just keep Calling your lawyer my prayer are with you that you get your letter soon keep updating us good lick

Thank you LoveRules, that is very nice. I will pray for you as well! At this point I'm just trying to relax a bit since i know we don't have the money saved up to go for the appt in MX anyways. lol

I know I have ranted here so many times about us being past the 30 days to receive the biometrics appt letter, and i just got a little more info so i thought i'd share it lol

I put in a req Tuesday for a Tier 2 agent to call me back to tell me if they'd already scheduled his biometrics appt or not and if they'd mailed the letter and an officer just back. he said he could see that they have NOT scheduled it but that they also haven't sent us a letter telling us it is scheduled but he said that the paralegal put in a 'service request' on Wednesday, just like the one i put in on Tuesday when i called and only talked to a Tier 1 is the exact same request he would be making right now asking them to go ahead and set our appointment, but since his would be the 3rd svc req he would not do it.

I thought that the svc req would just have someone look into why we haven't gotten anything & update us, he made it sound like it will make them set the appointment since he said he could do that until he saw the other 2. If the latter is right, then we should *cross fingers but not get hopes up* have his bio appt set by May 23, the 15 days from our svc req. lol so much info! but glad he didn't miss it and it look bad on him and that we know they have our correct mailing address. lol

Started talking online: 12-24-2006

Started dating: 2-22-2007
Engaged: 12-24-2009
Married: 12-19-2010
First appointment with lawyer: 3-16-12
Sent I-130: 4-16-2012
Rcvd NOA1: 5-1-2012
Rcvd NOA2: 10-23-2012
Rcvd NVC bills: 11-02-2012
Paid NVC bills: 1-18-2013
Mailed off NVC docs & Provisional Waiver packet: 3-14-2013
NVC site status confirms "PROCESSING": 3-22-2013

Flew to CDJ: 10-18-2013

Approved for visa: 10-23-2013

Flew home <3 10-26-2010

Timeline

My husband just went in for his biometrics appt yesterday! Now I guess we just have to wait for his appointment letter to arrive. It drives me CRAZY that we have no idea what is happening! Has anyone gone for their biometrics yet and heard back from anyone?

Timeline

Please i need help my husband got on e-mail from NVCI601A this is what it said:

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) notified the National Visa Center (NVC) that you filed Form I-601A, Application for Provisional Unlawful Presence Waiver. The NVC will continue to process your I-130 immigrant visa petition but will not schedule your interview pending adjudication of your waiver application by USCIS. If you have questions concerning the waiver application please contact USCIS at 1-800-375-5283. Please continue to respond to all requests for forms, documents, and fees that you receive from the NVC.

If you have questions concerning your I-130 immigrant visa petition please contact the NVC by telephone at 603-334-0700, or by e-mail at NVCInquiry@state.gov.im confuse because why does the I-I130 still need to be process since mine got approve almost 10 months ago please HELP any one knows whaat is going on

event.png

• 1 month later...

This is just an email stating that the NVC acknowledges that you are planning to file the I-601A waiver. The I-130 petition has to be approved before the NVC gets involved so don't worry we received the same email. It only means that they are going to continue to gather the require documents from you and process them. Good Luck I hope that you receive a approval soon. Oh by the way, I submitted my I-601A waiver on April 12, 2013 and had the biometrics on May 15, 2013. Now, we are waiting, not so patiently! unsure.png

• 8 months later...
Filed: Timeline

HI Missouri,

It is good news.

I would like to help my friend to start her 601A.

Would you be so kind to walk me through the procedure?

I had helped her paid for the AOS fee and IV fee and got copies of receipts from NVC already.

What is the next step i should do?

What kind of documents that you submitted along with you 601A package?

Thanks,

Christina

Timeline for IR5 (mother)

11/04/2009........... I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

11/08/2009........... USCIS received Petition

2/19/2010.............. Approved

3/2/2010................ NVC Case # assigned

3/3/2010................ Gave emails to NVC operator, Sent DS-3032 Via Email

3/5/2010................ NVC Confirmed DS-3032 has been received

3/8/2010................. IV and AOS bill generated

3/11/2010................ Pay IV and AOS bill online (At this point, NOA 2 Hardcopy still have not received yet...)

3/15/2010.................AOS and IV bill status: paid

3/16/2010.................Sent email to OPTIN for NVC Electronic Processing

3/19/2010................NOA Hardcopy

3/31/2010.................Response from NVC: OPTIN and got GZO Case Number

3/31/2010.................Scanned and Emailed AOS I-864 package

4/01/2010.................Scanned and Emailed DS230 package

4/01/2010.................I-864 package was received by NVC

4/02/2010.................DS 230 package was received by NVC

4/25/2010.................Signed In Failed

4/28/2010.................Email Notification: Case Completed

6/2/2010..................Mom passed the interview!

Timeline for my I-129F (Fiance)

10/30/2009.......... I-129F sent to VSC

11/03/2009.......... NOA1

3/2/2010.............. Approved

3/8/2010.............. NOA2 hardcopy received by mail

3/9/2010.............. Call NVC, get NVC case #, forwarded to the US embassy in D R on 3/8

7/7/2010.............. Interview Date[/size]

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

hello everyone! this is my first time here and i would like to share my experience of my I-601A

I am from Mexico my husband from USA ,USCIS received the documentation on october 2013

by november 2013 I had my appoinment for my biometrics (I received the letter with the appoinment of the biometrics like 2 weeks before) then after on january 2014 my waiver had been approved (i checked my case status on uscis page) like 10 days later i received the approval letter by mail after that i completed the packet 3 wich is documentation about financial status of the petioner it took my a few weeks because my husband didn't met the amount of money he supose to make for a family like ours therefore we had to looking for a co- sponsor finally we had everything we needed to complete the DS160 the NVC received the documents the 1st of April 2014 now i am waiting for them to check,approve and send everything to the consulate in Juarez in order to receive my appoinment for interview

Note: I did all the process of a lawyer i dont know to much about laws just what i heard from my lawyer and my own experience.

I will share any info as soon as I have more! thank you and Good luck to everyone!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.