50 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Have you received the letter for your biometrics yet? USCIS received my application on March 14th

No I have not. I even called USCIS today and talked to a Tier 2 representative and she told me that nothing had been done yet on my case. Until an adjudicator is assigned to your case, you will not have any requests for evidence, including a request for biometric appointments. Hope this helps.

Filed: Timeline

No I have not. I even called USCIS today and talked to a Tier 2 representative and she told me that nothing had been done yet on my case. Until an adjudicator is assigned to your case, you will not have any requests for evidence, including a request for biometric appointments. Hope this helps.

It's both exciting and frustrating. How long do you think the approval process ill take?

Timeline

No one knows. Here is the statement made by Schaeffer Law that pretty much sums it up:

At this point in time, no one should be promising you that they can get you a decision on your I-601A waiver within a certain amount of time. Even the government doesn’t know the answer to this question yet.

The processing time will be determined by how many applications are submitted and the flow of those applications. Until USCIS begins to accept applications on March 4, 2013, there is no way to make an estimate on the processing times for I-601A waivers.

Timeline

Have you received the letter for your biometrics yet? USCIS received my application on March 14th

No, I have not. I will post when I hear anything. I've been reading on immigrate2us that some are receiving their appointment letters for their visa interviews even though they have properly notified the NVC (their PWs have not been approved yet). I just notified the Mexican Consulate (they have a specific drop down menu for the I-601A) that I have a pending PW on file with USCIS. I will let you all know as well if I hear anything from them. I notified them just in case as I have already filed everything necessary for the NVC to close out our case. Everyone is saying to hold off on filing everything with the NVC due to this error.

Timeline

I got my biometrics appointment!!!!! I'm due April 23

Yes several people have been getting their appointment letters today. They must print them in batches! Notice is dated 3/29/113 and the appointment is for 4/25/2013.

We are one step closer!

Timeline

Pepe, when did the lockbox receive your waiver? I'm trying to figure out about how long it will take for my husband to get his biometrics letter/appt. We only sent ours off about 10 days after the people that sent theirs the first day and most of them have already been able to find out their biometrics date from USCIS but when I called last night they said he wasn't even in the que for biometrics yet. I'm so frustrated I just want to get all this over with ASAP...

Started talking online: 12-24-2006

Started dating: 2-22-2007
Engaged: 12-24-2009
Married: 12-19-2010
First appointment with lawyer: 3-16-12
Sent I-130: 4-16-2012
Rcvd NOA1: 5-1-2012
Rcvd NOA2: 10-23-2012
Rcvd NVC bills: 11-02-2012
Paid NVC bills: 1-18-2013
Mailed off NVC docs & Provisional Waiver packet: 3-14-2013
NVC site status confirms "PROCESSING": 3-22-2013

Flew to CDJ: 10-18-2013

Approved for visa: 10-23-2013

Flew home <3 10-26-2010

Timeline

I want to say I got my letter today and my appointment is for the 4/26/ at 10:00 am do we have to pay more for this

I wish everyone good luck :thumbs:

Nope, you already paid the 85 dollar fee when you filed the I-601A. $670 includes this: $585 for the form and $85 for the fingerprints.

Timeline

I wanted to share some things I found out today while bored and browsing the internet:

1. FBI fingerprints get processed and sent back to the USCIS in a matter of days: http://immigrationroad.com/green-card/uscis-security-check.php

2. Here is a really good link here giving insight to "black hole" process we all wonder about when we send out packages processedl: Q and A by a USCIS adjudicator:http://www.visajourney.com/content/adjudicator-q-and-a

3. You can check when your case has been "touched" or looked at by an officer (adjudicator) by checking the "Last Updated" date after logging into your profile on USCIS located beside the case number.

Hope this gives some enlightenment as to inside working at USCIS (L)

Filed: Timeline

Pepe, when did the lockbox receive your waiver? I'm trying to figure out about how long it will take for my husband to get his biometrics letter/appt. We only sent ours off about 10 days after the people that sent theirs the first day and most of them have already been able to find out their biometrics date from USCIS but when I called last night they said he wasn't even in the que for biometrics yet. I'm so frustrated I just want to get all this over with ASAP...

The lockbox got my application March 14. Then they said the funds for biometrics were received on March 18th. My biometrics appt is on April 23. I hope this helps.

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

I guess I should give an update. I received my spouses biometric appointment on 4/4/2013 and we went in the ASC office the next day via walk-in. I waited outside the building and it only took him 15 min. to complete everything. I also got a my final checklist notice from the NVC stating that all that needs to be filed is the I-601A approval notice so that they can schedule the interview. Now all we have to do is wait....I hate waiting... :whistle:

Edited by I601Aapplicant

I guess I should give an update. I received my spouses biometric appointment on 4/4/2013 and we went in the ASC office the next day via walk-in. I waited outside the building and it only took him 15 min. to complete everything. I also got a my final checklist notice from the NVC stating that all that needs to be filed is the I-601A approval notice so that they can schedule the interview. Now all we have to do is wait....I hate waiting... :whistle:

anybody knew what happen? yesterday the first person (a little family) from immigrate2us.net approved from I-601A, we celebrate his family, he made a dream come true idea9dv.gif

12/27/13 - NVC received I-130 approval package

01/31/14 - Fill the form DS-261

02/04/14 - AOS fee show PAID

02/10/14 - IV fee show PAID

08/08/14 - Sent civil documents

10/01/14- checklist for police certificate

10/14/14- scanned checklist

12/04/14 - CC

03/30/15- interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.