Nate&Elena

California USCIS has Stoped????????????/

64 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Here's one opinion

<< Since DACA went into effect, it went from "we won't process these petitions until fees collected allow hiring of additional resources" and "These petitions will take 3-6 months to process" to nearly IMMEDIATE approvals (over 100,000 so far), nearly 500,000 applications received, and as many as 600,000 still expected. CSC is practically at a standstill and slowing. Couple that with potential for more chaos from any comprehensive package passing this year and some people are going to be in for a loooooong wait. It is nice to know that these are being prioritized over petitions filed by american CITIZENS, and accelerated beyond capacity of the USCIS to use due diligence, while we are scrutinized under a microscope and made to wait. These folks are already here and have been here for years. God forbid they had to wait another 6 months for a work permit. I'm so pissed right now. If you check the USCIS website for case status, it now says they won't even have new cases online for 30-45 days after receiving them. Just a month ago it was pretty much the same day. They are being overwhelmed. Political pressure has dictated what is to be priority, and it's not us. Good luck to everyone waiting. >>

http://www.chinafami...?showtopic=5355

:thumbs::thumbs:I guess our political pressure is non existent. Better consider the vote next time, no visas, taxes up, income down.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

yes, CSC is way backed up. when i last talk to someone at the call center i asked and they said they cannot even tell anyone when a petition may get approved. when i checked on the same page as processing, it says this:

http://dashboard.uscis.gov/index.cfm?formtype=4&office=2&charttype=1

you will see california has well over 250,000 petitions to get approved.

when we were in review, first they said give them 120 days, when i did a service request they said give the 6 months from the date they received it back from the consulate, after that it took over 8 months to get approved and reaffirmed.

be patient with california, their workload is more than others and they are short handed.

250,000 is the national quantity. California has around 20,000 pending. They been going down each month for more than a year. Look at the bottom chart on that page.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

250,000 is the national quantity. California has around 20,000 pending. They been going down each month for more than a year. Look at the bottom chart on that page.

all i know is back in january 2013 when i called the service center i asked them what was going on and they said california so backed up and they need help. i feel they been backed up because in the beginning it took us 8 months to get our petition approved. it seems a very lot of the petitions go to california, more than the rest. they said they couldnt even tell anyone a national time from that is why you dont see their name in the drop list under my case status, only texas and vermont.

god bless them all and god willing they catch up.

Even though the site was updated with the processing times on March 22nd, right above where the processing times are stated, those stats are accurate as of January 31st 2013

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Looking at the data on the USCIS website CSC only completed 1000 applications combined in Dec and Jan. Where VSC has completed 8800 applications in the same time span. I would post the link to where I got this data but VJ will not allow me.

When I first filed my application I was happy to see I was sent to CSC now I am very disappointed.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

No, rather than about 5 months, they are running, in my limited experienced estimation at about 8 months.

There are many here who are so totally upset with the reality but they have little affect on the process, given the current state of our governmental affairs and budgets.

Once they obtain their NOA2s and their visa approvals...we will hear little from them (my prediction) until they encounter the USCIS later after they understand that their dance with this agency has just begun. Sounds very sad and should be a Hollywood movie but it's a reality.

They belittle our personal case because we've been through this and went through at a different time. Why am I to blame for that?

I didn't see anyone bashing your personal case? I think we are all more than a little frustrated with the process is all. When I filed October 4th I was told 3-5 months now it is more like 7-9 months maybe? What is the most irritating is they are doing DACA cases for illegal aliens ahead of K1 and K3 cases for US Citizens. That's just wrong! They have processed over 150,000 DACA cases since August of last year and over 100,000 came from California. It's just politics, they wanted the votes for the last election and of course the tax money from these people. They figure we can just wait but of course they have our money already so we have no choice but to wait. We'll get there eventually but when that is no one knows?

PS: Congratulations on getting your fiancee here!:)

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Looking at the data on the USCIS website CSC only completed 1000 applications combined in Dec and Jan. Where VSC has completed 8800 applications in the same time span. I would post the link to where I got this data but VJ will not allow me.

When I first filed my application I was happy to see I was sent to CSC now I am very disappointed.

Wow thats quite a difference in applications completed :o

Oh wow that is a huge difference! Seems crazy there can be such an imbalance

Our Story AoS
[March 2012] Met online on Christian Mingle [November 27th 2013] AoS sent
[June 25th 2012] Met in Person in London!
[August 2012] Steve visits me again in the Uk for our second meeting for just one weekend! [March 6th 2014] AoS Interview - Passed
[september 2012] My first trip to America to visit the love of my life
[November 2012] I travel to America for my first ever thanksgiving with Steves family!
[December 2012] Steve comes to the Uk to spend xmas with my family!
( heart.gif February 15th 2013 heart.gif ) He pops the question in Kensington, London...and I say yes!

K1

[January 15th 2013) I-129f SENT!
[January 24th 2013] NOA1
[July 08th 2013]- NOA2 (
approved 165 Days)
[July 18th 2013] Case forwarded to NVC

[July 26th 2013] We call DoS and are finally given our case # - I book medical immediatly

[July 29th 2013] Case forwarded to US Embassy, London
[August 8th 2013] Packet 3 sent (before received)

[August 9th 2013] Packet 3 received
[August 13th 2013] Medical

[August 16th 2013] CEAC updates - London logs my medical results

[August 20th 2013] - CEAC update - London logs my packet 3

[August 23rd 2013] I call DoS and they tell me my interview date, (2 weeks since I sent ds-2001)

[August 27th 2013 CEAC update - London dispatches packet 4]

[August 29th 2013] Packet 4 received
[september 24th 2013] Interview -
Refused due to passport and birth certificate condition

[september 26th 2013] Emergency appt at HM Passport Office London - New Passport and Birth Certificate in hand
[september 30th 2013] DX collects passport and birth certificate

[October 3rd] - Docs delivered to Embassy

[October 10th] - London Approves and Issues our Visa!!

[October 16th 2013] 4.00pm - Visa in my hand, 11pm POE -Newark

[October 27th 2013] Wedding wub.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

You called the USCIS and they told you that "California is so backed up and they need help"? Who told you that? It certainly would not be a service rep if you called the 1-800 number.

all i know is back in january 2013 when i called the service center i asked them what was going on and they said california so backed up and they need help.

Timeline

Yeah I just compared the two graphs. Yup, 8 to 1 processing ratio for the last two months, Vermont over California for K-1s.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

You called the USCIS and they told you that "California is so backed up and they need help"? Who told you that? It certainly would not be a service rep if you called the 1-800 number.

no i didnt call just for that, i called about my case but i also asked them that i cant see california in the drop list of service centers when you go to see processing times and he explained to me what they have to say, they at the time could not even tell you how many months, just when you get the notice you will know. i said to him so i guess they are short handed too and he agreed.

also when the review processing time on our case kept going from 4 months to 6 months for finishing review, the on service request stated,

" The California Service Center is committed to processing this workload, and will be making every effort to adjudicate your case in an expeditious fashion as soon as available under our resource constraints."

basically meaning, short handed in laymans terms.

they are very busy out there.

Timeline

oh ok well that verbiage sounds more like what you would hear from a government agency :blush:

In these times where we are told to "do more with less", even those at Fortune XX companies have been forced to make those types of statements.

02-27-2013 I-129F Packet Sent
03-03-2013 I-129F Packet Delivery
03-04-2013 NOA1 (text/email)
03-08-2013 A Number Changed
03-09-2013 Received NOA1 hardcopy
06-13-2013 Approved in 99 Days!
06-15-2013 Received NOA2 hardcopy
06-28-2013 Received MNL Case Number
07-08-2013 Manila Embassy Interview scheduled
07-22-2013 SLMEC Medical Exam Day 1
07-23-2013 SLMEC Medical Exam Day 2 - Passed!
08-31-2013 Arrived in Manila
09-02-2013 CFO - PASSED
09-03-2013 Manila Embassy Interview - APPROVED
09-05-2013 Visa Issued
09-09-2013 Visa ready for pick up at SM MOA
09-18-2013 Picked up passport and got CFO sticker

09-22-2013 Departed from Manila
10-04-2013 Fiancee departs for U.S.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

In these times where we are told to "do more with less", even those at Fortune XX companies have been forced to make those types of statements.

Except USCIS is doing less with more. They are raking in the fees. They have loads of resources and are failing to employ them. Just run the numbers...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.