JuhEvan

Is it possible to change both the country of the contact address and the interview? Or interview while on a tourist visa?

1 post in this topic

Is it possible to change both the country of the contact address and the interview? Or interview while on a tourist visa?

Both my foreign fiancée and I live and work in a mutually foreign country, where we have submitted our I-129F. Our NOA1 date is in November 2012 and we are still waiting on the NOA2 which is estimated now to complete earliest in the middle of June. This is based off the California processing center giving a processing time of 5.5months (updated on Dec 31st), also actual processing times will likely be longer than that due to an increase in pending applications since July, and forthcoming 10% US government budget cuts, which will result in 1 day forced unpaid leave per pay period for US government employees (10% longer after March 27th).

The problem lies with my fiancée will get laid off at the end of June, which means after that she would only be in the country on a tourist visa. If the interview occurs while she is on a tourist visa, would there be any problem with getting the K-1 visa?

As a solution to this potential issue would it be possible for my fiancée to move back to her home country, and update BOTH the contact address and the visa processing/interview country? That way she would get the NOA2 back in her home country and I could also move back to the US.

Any help is as always appreciated! We really want to avoid have to stay in this foreign country or resubmit from her home country.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.