Vickins

Help! K-1 Visa Taking too Long

44 posts in this topic

Hello, I've read plenty of posts on here and discovered My Fiance and I aren't the only ones in trouble! We basically sent our I-129F form back in June 2012, and received our NOA1 on the 2nd of July 2012.....They predicted it will be processed and decided in mid Jan 2013, We received a letter saying we've missed out the Fiance(e) Letter of Intent. So we sent that asap and then!!! received another letter in mid Feb saying we missed out my Fiance's G-325A form!!! Why drag the process?! But we remember filling in our G-325A forms together over skype. So we got in touch with my Fiance's Local Congressman's Office and they got in touch with the Vermont Centre and they admit that they have made a mistake and then say they have LOST the FORM!!! So my Fiance had to send it again and they received that on the 27th of Feb.....so now we are waiting for the NOA2. Apparently they are reviewing it now which is something I suppose. I don't know when I'll get my Visa and the wedding has been paid and booked for the 25th of May (67days to go) I doubt I'll get there in time so last resort go under the Visa Waiver Program. Please reassure me that I'll be on my wedding day or I'll have to go under the VWP. I know I'll have to go back after the 90 days unless there's a simple way to be able to stay. :help:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hello, I've read plenty of posts on here and discovered My Fiance and I aren't the only ones in trouble! We basically sent our I-129F form back in June 2012, and received our NOA1 on the 2nd of July 2012.....They predicted it will be processed and decided in mid Jan 2013, We received a letter saying we've missed out the Fiance(e) Letter of Intent. So we sent that asap and then!!! received another letter in mid Feb saying we missed out my Fiance's G-325A form!!! Why drag the process?! But we remember filling in our G-325A forms together over skype. So we got in touch with my Fiance's Local Congressman's Office and they got in touch with the Vermont Centre and they admit that they have made a mistake and then say they have LOST the FORM!!! So my Fiance had to send it again and they received that on the 27th of Feb.....so now we are waiting for the NOA2. Apparently they are reviewing it now which is something I suppose. I don't know when I'll get my Visa and the wedding has been paid and booked for the 25th of May (67days to go) I doubt I'll get there in time so last resort go under the Visa Waiver Program. Please reassure me that I'll be on my wedding day or I'll have to go under the VWP. I know I'll have to go back after the 90 days unless there's a simple way to be able to stay. :help:

If you go over on the VWP and get married and your K1 is not approved you will invalidate your K1 petition and have to start over and petition for a CR1 ... its probably better to postpone the wedding until you have your K1

You are taking a big chance on your wedding. The wise course it to book the wedding after approval.

We should of done that but we didn't have a clue how long this was gonna take... The thing is we booked the wedding a long time ago, way back in 2012....thinking there will be a decision in January. But I am shocked that USCIS sent us a second letter saying we never sent the G-325A form. But of course we did and the Vermont Centre admitted this.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Wales
Timeline

You should never make wedding arrangements without your visa in hand. If you get married on the VWP. You'll have to cancel your K1 and refile for the spousal visa I beleive.

View my K1 -> ROC Timeline

*Filed I-129F - 21st October 2011* *Applied for SSN - 8th June 2012* *Filed I-751 (arrived) - 26th March 2015

*NOA1 - 28th October 2011* *Filed for AOS, EAD & AP - 26th June 2012* * Check cashed - 30th March 2015
*NOA2 (no RFE) - 26th January 2012* *AOS, EAD, & AP arrive at Chicago Lockbox - 28th June 2012* NOA1 - 26th March 2015 (arrived 3/4/15)

*Packet 3 sent - 27th February 2012* *Email notification of receipt - 3rd July 2012* *No biometrics letter - Service Request submitted 5/4/15
*Medical - February 28th 2012* *Check cashed - 7th July 2012* *Still no biometrics letter - 2nd Service Request submitted - 8/6/15
*Packet 4 received - 17th March 2012* *NOA1 for AOS, EAD & AP - 9th July 2012* *Biometrics in Aurora, CO - 8th July 2015*
*Interview in London - 5th April 2012. APPROVED!!!* *Biometrics in Philadelphia (Drummond Road)- 7th August 2012*
*POE Newark, NJ - 16th May 2012 *Biometrics walk in at Philadelphia (Drummond Rd) - 25th July 2012*
*K1 process took 160 days* *Case Transfered to California Service Centre - 26th July 2012*
*SSN DENIED! - 17th August. 10 weeks after I applied!!*

*EAD/AP Approved - 28th August 2012* 59 days
*Married! - 1st June 2012* *EAD/AP card in hand - 1st September 2012*
*EAD/AP card in hand - 1st September 2012*
* Re-applied for SSN - 14th September 2012*
*Put in service request at 8mo/3days wait - 19th March 2013*

* AOS Approved!!! - 1st May 2013* Exactly 10 months after applying.

*Green card in hand - 6th May 2013

2yrdn5s0q.png

It will take a miracle to have a visa in time for the wedding. If you marry before the visa, you're done with getting a K1 because fiancé visa won't work for a married guy. A spouse visa will be starting over from where you were last July 2.

Things you could prepare now for London are in this thread http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/350185-london-2012-k1s-from-noa2-to-interview-thread/ , but you might want to throw in the towel and drop out now if you can't change the wedding. No point in paying for a medical exam in London or a visa fee if you are going to need a spouse visa instead.

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

USCIS error is cause for expedite, for I-129F approvals -

so keep that in mind as yer talking with a USCIS Tier 2 Human, an ISO, today.

This. You have grounds for expedite, get onto it now.

If you get married without the K1 being approved, you get to start from the beginning....

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

This sounds like a stressful nightmare :unsure:

Go with the advice given on here from experienced members and request the expedite...though even if the NOA2 is expedited are you really going to have enough time for the med and interview? Have u looked up the cost implications of postponing your wedding?

Our Story AoS
[March 2012] Met online on Christian Mingle [November 27th 2013] AoS sent
[June 25th 2012] Met in Person in London!
[August 2012] Steve visits me again in the Uk for our second meeting for just one weekend! [March 6th 2014] AoS Interview - Passed
[september 2012] My first trip to America to visit the love of my life
[November 2012] I travel to America for my first ever thanksgiving with Steves family!
[December 2012] Steve comes to the Uk to spend xmas with my family!
( heart.gif February 15th 2013 heart.gif ) He pops the question in Kensington, London...and I say yes!

K1

[January 15th 2013) I-129f SENT!
[January 24th 2013] NOA1
[July 08th 2013]- NOA2 (
approved 165 Days)
[July 18th 2013] Case forwarded to NVC

[July 26th 2013] We call DoS and are finally given our case # - I book medical immediatly

[July 29th 2013] Case forwarded to US Embassy, London
[August 8th 2013] Packet 3 sent (before received)

[August 9th 2013] Packet 3 received
[August 13th 2013] Medical

[August 16th 2013] CEAC updates - London logs my medical results

[August 20th 2013] - CEAC update - London logs my packet 3

[August 23rd 2013] I call DoS and they tell me my interview date, (2 weeks since I sent ds-2001)

[August 27th 2013 CEAC update - London dispatches packet 4]

[August 29th 2013] Packet 4 received
[september 24th 2013] Interview -
Refused due to passport and birth certificate condition

[september 26th 2013] Emergency appt at HM Passport Office London - New Passport and Birth Certificate in hand
[september 30th 2013] DX collects passport and birth certificate

[October 3rd] - Docs delivered to Embassy

[October 10th] - London Approves and Issues our Visa!!

[October 16th 2013] 4.00pm - Visa in my hand, 11pm POE -Newark

[October 27th 2013] Wedding wub.png

Thank you for all your posts. Lesson learnt, never plan till you got the right paperwork. But sadly we have to learn the hard way. We are trying to keep positive and we've decided that we will risk to start this process all over again if last resort... go under the VWP.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Any thought or thinking to chase after an expedite request, for today?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Any thought or thinking to chase after an expedite request, for today?

Hello Darnell, thank you very much for your info, well I so would contact USCIS but as soon I posted this...I spoke to my fiance and he's now telling me USCIS and the Vermont Centre have been in contact with the local congressman's office and now going back on their words! And what makes matters worse we didn't photocopy the original documents to help defend us :unsure:. I'm not sure what to do about it as now they are denying they done any wrong.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

oh, i'd push it with a Tier 2 human at USCIS, really.

Use a telephone, call now.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Are they going to let her enter on the VWP with a wedding dress? Isnt there a huge risk she will get denied entry? :wacko:

Our Story AoS
[March 2012] Met online on Christian Mingle [November 27th 2013] AoS sent
[June 25th 2012] Met in Person in London!
[August 2012] Steve visits me again in the Uk for our second meeting for just one weekend! [March 6th 2014] AoS Interview - Passed
[september 2012] My first trip to America to visit the love of my life
[November 2012] I travel to America for my first ever thanksgiving with Steves family!
[December 2012] Steve comes to the Uk to spend xmas with my family!
( heart.gif February 15th 2013 heart.gif ) He pops the question in Kensington, London...and I say yes!

K1

[January 15th 2013) I-129f SENT!
[January 24th 2013] NOA1
[July 08th 2013]- NOA2 (
approved 165 Days)
[July 18th 2013] Case forwarded to NVC

[July 26th 2013] We call DoS and are finally given our case # - I book medical immediatly

[July 29th 2013] Case forwarded to US Embassy, London
[August 8th 2013] Packet 3 sent (before received)

[August 9th 2013] Packet 3 received
[August 13th 2013] Medical

[August 16th 2013] CEAC updates - London logs my medical results

[August 20th 2013] - CEAC update - London logs my packet 3

[August 23rd 2013] I call DoS and they tell me my interview date, (2 weeks since I sent ds-2001)

[August 27th 2013 CEAC update - London dispatches packet 4]

[August 29th 2013] Packet 4 received
[september 24th 2013] Interview -
Refused due to passport and birth certificate condition

[september 26th 2013] Emergency appt at HM Passport Office London - New Passport and Birth Certificate in hand
[september 30th 2013] DX collects passport and birth certificate

[October 3rd] - Docs delivered to Embassy

[October 10th] - London Approves and Issues our Visa!!

[October 16th 2013] 4.00pm - Visa in my hand, 11pm POE -Newark

[October 27th 2013] Wedding wub.png

oh, i'd push it with a Tier 2 human at USCIS, really.

Use a telephone, call now.

Your right, We might as-well keep fighting! :thumbs: Thank you very much! :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.