lennie

I- 134 affadavit of support and tax returns

54 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
A FRIEND OF MINE HAD A SIMILAR EXPEREINCE WHERE SHE SAW HIS RECORDS., AND WITHIN THE TWO YEAR MARK, SHE FILED FOR DIVORCED FOR ABUSE, AND GOT HALF.

So the reason they got divorced and she got half is because she saw his tax returns? Highly doubt that.

WOULD YOU GIVE HALF OF YOUR HARD EARNED SAVINGS TO SOMEONE THAT YOU MET FOR A FEW MONTHS AND THINK YOU BOTH FELL IN lOVE?

I wouldn't marry someone I had met for a few months

THEN AFTER MARRIAGE YOU HAVE TO START ALL OVER AGAIN TRYIMG TO KNOW EACH OTHER

Really? I've known my fiance for 3 years and lived with him for close to 2. We don't need to get to know each other - generally people do that before they get married - and we have no reason to keep our financial lives a secret.

Sounds like you are:

1) NOT ready to get married

2) Should be thinking about a pre-nuptial agreement rather than starting your marriage off by keeping secrets!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I *swear* I've seen mention on here (because I can't imagine where else I might have seen it - maybe I was idly clicking on information for individual consulates or something, I honestly haven't a clue) of being able to send the I-134 and supporting evidence addressed to the consul, rather than giving it to the fiance(e) to take to their interview. Of course, I've just tried searching and trawling every bit of the site that I can think of, and can't find any such thing... maybe I dreamed it!

That aside... whether or not you can, in theory, send the evidence directly to the consulate and keep it secret from your fiancee, I'd agree with everyone else here: a) how on earth can you contemplate marrying someone (and keep in mind that if you're applying for the K-1, you're supposed to be actually intending to marry her, not bringing her over to the US for a 90-day trial) if you can't trust her with that kind of information about you?? and b ) don't you think that it might raise a red flag or several when it comes to her interview, if you've felt the need to go over her head and trust an unknown consular officer with information you don't want your future wife to see??

Oh, and c)... do you honestly believe that by hiding your financial information from her, you're protecting your own back in the event of a future divorce?! Um, I think not.

I don't know... I've been trying to work out why you could want to hide all this from her. Are you a billionaire wanting to hide his vast wealth, to make sure she's marrying you for you and not your money?! That's the only even remotely 'logical' explanation I can think of. :wacko:

Edited by featherB

2005 - We met

2006 - Filed I-129F

2007 - K-1 issued, moved to US, completed AOS (a busy year, immigration-wise)

2009 - Conditions lifted

2010 - Will be naturalising. Buh-bye, USCIS! smile.png

Filed: Timeline
Ladies and Gentlemen,

I filed a K-1 visa, but I do not want her to see my tax returns, and see my bank statements. Is there a process where I can send them ahead of time and immigration can take a look at them and decide. Call it being careful, but if by chance this does not work and she decides to stay on her own I do not want her using my money. I know in time she will find out , but I do not know her that well to leave financial records with her to take to the interview. Lennie

dayum... :huh:

I do not know her that well to leave financial records with her to take to the interview. Lennie

But you know her well enough to MARRY her?

YES I KNOW HER. I JUST WANT MY RECORDS SEALED FROM HER FOR NOW. A FRIEND OF MINE HAD A SIMILAR EXPEREINCE WHERE SHE SAW HIS RECORDS., AND WITHIN THE TWO YEAR MARK, SHE FILED FOR DIVORCED FOR ABUSE, AND GOT HALF. WOULD YOU GIVE HALF OF YOUR HARD EARNED SAVINGS TO SOMEONE THAT YOU MET FOR A FEW MONTHS AND THINK YOU BOTH FELL IN lOVE? COME ON, WE ALL PUT OUR BEST FACE ON WHEN WE FIRST MEET TRYING TO IMPRESS, THEN AFTER MARRIAGE YOU HAVE TO START ALL OVER AGAIN TRYIMG TO KNOW EACH OTHER. OF COURSE MOST MARRIAGES WORK AND THAT IS GREAT. OURS WORKS OUT, THEN IF NEEDED I'LL TELL HER EVERYTHING SHE NEEDS TO KNOW

LENNIE B)

I think you need to rethink this process. you are already looking at the END before it starts..

shon.gif

YES I KNOW HER. I JUST WANT MY RECORDS SEALED FROM HER FOR NOW. A FRIEND OF MINE HAD A SIMILAR EXPEREINCE WHERE SHE SAW HIS RECORDS., AND WITHIN THE TWO YEAR MARK, SHE FILED FOR DIVORCED FOR ABUSE, AND GOT HALF. WOULD YOU GIVE HALF OF YOUR HARD EARNED SAVINGS TO SOMEONE THAT YOU MET FOR A FEW MONTHS AND THINK YOU BOTH FELL IN lOVE? COME ON, WE ALL PUT OUR BEST FACE ON WHEN WE FIRST MEET TRYING TO IMPRESS, THEN AFTER MARRIAGE YOU HAVE TO START ALL OVER AGAIN TRYIMG TO KNOW EACH OTHER. OF COURSE MOST MARRIAGES WORK AND THAT IS GREAT. OURS WORKS OUT, THEN IF NEEDED I'LL TELL HER EVERYTHING SHE NEEDS TO KNOW

LENNIE B)

capslock0wn.gif

:lol::lol::lol:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

If this woman is as devious as you fear she could be, do you not think she is not capable of a little snooping regarding your bank details etc and able to find out everything she needs to know before she shouts divorce????

Or are you planning on not living in the same home as her?

Perhaps put her in a trailer, so she doesn't see your real house and divorce you for half of that as well!

When I read things like this it makes my blood boil.

If you don't trust her then don't get married... end of. Go to her country and get to know her a little.

If my fiancee refused to show me his financial details no way would I give up my job, friends and home and move half way across the world for him.

6/05/06 - Mailed off the I29f

06/20/06 - Cheque cashed

7/07/06 - Still not received NOA1. Call CSC. They have input our address incorrectly. Give them the correct details. Also find out what our case number is from them so can check for touches!

07/13/06 - Receive RFE

07/26/06 - Email confirmation they have RFE

07/27/06 - Touched

08/23/07 - Call CSC to find out where NOA1 is and what date was on it. As it was sent to the wrong address it came back as undeliverable. They will not send it out again unless we send them a written request. However date was;

06/09/06 - NOA1

09/07/06 - NOA2 email confirmation

09/28/06 - NVC say they have sent details to US Embassy in London

12/09/06 - Sent back packet 3 recorded delivery

10/30/06 - Medical

11/06/06 - Interview confirmed 1st December!

01/17/07 - Wedding booked in Vegas

featherB,

You are correct, the sponsor can submit their material directly to the consulate - it does not have to be submitted by the visa applicant. A potential problem with this is that if there are any questions about any of the material, and the visa applicant has no idea what was submitted, the visa processing will go on hold until the consular officer gets the information or answers they want from the sponsor.

In this particular thread, the passionate debate has arisen because of the reasoning that lennie has put forward and the strident way that he has presented it. If the consular officer gets the same feeling about lennie that we have gotten then it could possibly lead the officer to have doubts about the validity of the relationship that they might not otherwise have had.

Yodrak

I *swear* I've seen mention on here (because I can't imagine where else I might have seen it - maybe I was idly clicking on information for individual consulates or something, I honestly haven't a clue) of being able to send the I-134 and supporting evidence addressed to the consul, rather than giving it to the fiance(e) to take to their interview. Of course, I've just tried searching and trawling every bit of the site that I can think of, and can't find any such thing... maybe I dreamed it!

That aside... whether or not you can, in theory, send the evidence directly to the consulate and keep it secret from your fiancee, I'd agree with everyone else here: a) how on earth can you contemplate marrying someone (and keep in mind that if you're applying for the K-1, you're supposed to be actually intending to marry her, not bringing her over to the US for a 90-day trial) if you can't trust her with that kind of information about you?? and b ) don't you think that it might raise a red flag or several when it comes to her interview, if you've felt the need to go over her head and trust an unknown consular officer with information you don't want your future wife to see??

Filed: Country: Ukraine
Timeline
featherB,

You are correct, the sponsor can submit their material directly to the consulate - it does not have to be submitted by the visa applicant. A potential problem with this is that if there are any questions about any of the material, and the visa applicant has no idea what was submitted, the visa processing will go on hold until the consular officer gets the information or answers they want from the sponsor.

In this particular thread, the passionate debate has arisen because of the reasoning that lennie has put forward and the strident way that he has presented it. If the consular officer gets the same feeling about lennie that we have gotten then it could possibly lead the officer to have doubts about the validity of the relationship that they might not otherwise have had.

Yodrak

OK YOU ALL WIN, I AGREE. IT WAS JUST A THOUGHT. I WAS JUST TRYING TO PICTURE WHAT EVERYONE'S EXPRESSION WOULD BE, AND WELL, I FOUND OUT. THANKS

Sometimes there are no clear winners, just obvious losers.

05/16/2005 I-129F Sent

05/28/2005 I-129F NOA1

06/21/2005 I-129F NOA2

07/18/2005 Consulate Received package from NVC

11/09/2005 Medical

11/16/2005 Interview APPROVED

12/05/2005 Visa received

12/07/2005 POE Minneapolis

12/17/2005 Wedding

12/20/2005 Applied for SSN

01/14/2005 SSN received in the mail

02/03/2006 AOS sent (Did not apply for EAD or AP)

02/09/2006 NOA

02/16/2006 Case status Online

05/01/2006 Biometrics Appt.

07/12/2006 AOS Interview APPROVED

07/24/2006 GC arrived

05/02/2007 Driver's License - Passed Road Test!

05/27/2008 Lifting of Conditions sent (TSC > VSC)

06/03/2008 Check Cleared

07/08/2008 INFOPASS (I-551 stamp)

07/08/2008 Driver's License renewed

04/20/2009 Lifting of Conditions approved

04/28/2009 Card received in the mail

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I filed a K-1 visa, but I do not want her to see my tax returns, and see my bank statements. Is there a process where I can send them ahead of time and immigration can take a look at them and decide. Call it being careful, but if by chance this does not work and she decides to stay on her own I do not want her using my money. I know in time she will find out , but I do not know her that well to leave financial records with her to take to the interview. Lennie

well to answer your question, there is not much you can do. Once the K-1 app. is forwarded to the embassy, the focus shifts from the USC to the Bennie. At this point the Embassy deals directly with the foreign fiancee. The only way i see it possible for you to do this, is if you accompany your fiancee to the actual interview. But again you could always email the embassy. But they may laugh at you. But real talk.... if ya sense a gold digger, get out bro.

ok...ignoring the part about why you don't want her to see your financial records....there is a way to send your I-134 and supporting documents directly to the embassy. i know Manila Embassy has that option. just contact the Embassy where she will have her interview and ask. most likely, you need to put everything in a package indicating case #, beneficiary's and petitioner's name.

echoing others though...if you don't trust her enough...i don't know why you're marrying her at all.

Fate is building a bridge of chance for the one you love...

K1 (I-129F) to CSC to Manila Embassy, Philippines

Sent : 01-28-2006 / Interview: 09-14-2006 / POE: 10-11-2006 / Applied for SSN card: 11-17-2006 / Received SSN card: 11-27-2006 / Got Hitched: 11-09-2006 !!!

AOS and EAD Application

Sent via USPS Priority: 11-28-2006 / Received @ Chicago: 12-01-2006 / NOA1 AOS & EAD: 12-06-2006 / Biometrics Appt: 12-22-2006 / Interview Date: 03-13-2007 / EAD Card Production Ordered: 02-15-2007 / EAD Card Sent: 02-20-2007 / EAD Card Received: 02-22-2007

[Approved: 03-13-2007 / GC Received: 03-22-2007 / CA License Issued: 04-12-2007 / Removing Conditions: 12-13-2008]

Removing Conditions

Sent via USPS Priority: 12-19-2008 / Received @ CSC: 12-22-2008 / NOA: 12-25-2008 / Biometrics Appt: 01-14-2009 / Card Production ordered: 02-13-2009 / GC Received: sometime in March 2009

lennie,

I need to clarify - the visa processing may go on hold until the sponsor can provide answers or additional material for the public charge issue even if the financial information was submitted by the visa applicant, and the visa applicant is familiar with it, if the particular issue is something that only the sponsor can address. The visa applicant may be able to answer some questions if they have seen the material and are familiar with it, but it is the sponsor's material and many issues can be addressed only by the sponsor.

Yodrak

featherB,

Yodrak

OK YOU ALL WIN, I AGREE. IT WAS JUST A THOUGHT. I WAS JUST TRYING TO PICTURE WHAT EVERYONE'S EXPRESSION WOULD BE, AND WELL, I FOUND OUT. THANKS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hmmm, I'm not defending lennie, but here's another case. What do y'all think about this? It's a real case that I'm personally familiar with, though I'm not directly involved.

John and Jane meet and say they love each other.

John and Jane get engaged and John applies for K-1 VISA.

During engagement, Jane goes back with old BF but keeps this a secret.

Jane gets pregnant from BF, tells her friends she isn't sure what to do (go with John or stay with BF).

John sends I-134 and supporting documentation, showing considerable assets, to Jane for interview.

Jane has abortion the week before interview and goes to US with John (he doesn't know anything about this).

Jane has been talking to her friends about John's assets, and says she may leave him.

So what happened here? :hehe:

garya,

I think that

- it's OK to submit sufficient financial information, it is not necessary to submit all financial information

- Jane is a 'gold digger' (and she's not the only one, she has plenty of foreign and domestic 'sisters')

- John did not exercise 'due diligence' (and he's not the only one, he has plenty of 'brothers')

Yodrak

Hmmm, I'm not defending lennie, but here's another case. What do y'all think about this? It's a real case that I'm personally familiar with, though I'm not directly involved.

Jane gets pregnant from BF, tells her friends she isn't sure what to do (go with John or stay with BF).

John sends I-134 and supporting documentation, showing considerable assets, to Jane for interview.

Jane has abortion the week before interview and goes to US with John (he doesn't know anything about this).

Jane has been talking to her friends about John's assets, and says she may leave him.

So what happened here?

Edited by Yodrak

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
garya,

I think that

- it's OK to submit sufficient financial information, it is not necessary to submit all financial information

- Jane is a 'gold digger' (and she's not the only one, she has plenty of foreign and domestic 'sisters')

- John did not exercise 'due diligence' (and he's not the only one, he has plenty of 'brothers')

Yodrak

So what happened here?

I agree.

Oh, and after Jane entered the US on her K1, someone dropped an email to John about what she had done but he didn't believe it and married her anyway. He never even tried to find out if it was true, and by that time there were a lot of people who knew about it (things like that spread fast). My guess is if someone told him now he still would not believe it. How's that for love?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.