grace and thomas

this k1 journey seems so frustrating and depressing

58 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Timeline

what pattern? is it good or not so good? :blush:

Oh, I'm not donning my tinfoil hat yet, but ones that I have seen report success with their congressmen lately seem to be of one particular political party, while others that report no action/success/or indifference to their plight are of another political party. And your result also fits that pattern.

Timeline

Oh, I'm not donning my tinfoil hat yet, but ones that I have seen report success with their congressmen lately seem to be of one particular political party, while others that report no action/success/or indifference to their plight are of another political party. And your result also fits that pattern.

oh ic,, well, i hope ours belong to that "party" who have helped a lot of petitioners. actually it was just a wild guess for us to contact Sen. Kirk instead of the other one. But when we viewed each sites, we liked more of Kirk's services,but of course, politically speaking, my F is with Kirk's party.. i guess you know what i mean. :thumbs:

BTW, i have read a lot of your posts/comments and in my own little understanding, lol, i bet you are a smart person... thank you for sharing your knowledge to us... :thumbs:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

The way I see it, Republicans currently have a much higher incentive to help those stuck in limbo at the CSC given that the delay appears to have been caused by a Democrat-pushed law and perhaps political pressure on the USCIS from some in the Obama administration. You don't have to be a republican or even political to grasp that reality and use it to whatever advantage you can. I again highly recommend that people write to there representatives about their situation (including a thoughtful paragraph about the DACA debacle) and start putting some political pressure on. Hopefully one of these reps will get on TV some day and make a fuss about this to get some more general outrage on our side.

Timeline

The way I see it, Republicans currently have a much higher incentive to help those stuck in limbo at the CSC given that the delay appears to have been caused by a Democrat-pushed law and perhaps political pressure on the USCIS from some in the Obama administration. You don't have to be a republican or even political to grasp that reality and use it to whatever advantage you can. I again highly recommend that people write to there representatives about their situation (including a thoughtful paragraph about the DACA debacle) and start putting some political pressure on. Hopefully one of these reps will get on TV some day and make a fuss about this to get some more general outrage on our side.

I think that's a catch 22, because the longer people wait the more they will dislike the person that caused the wait. You can all thank Mr Obama. I never really understood the whole contact a senator thing, I did an internship and they get hundreds of calls a day that are fielded by interns who do what they want with them. Maybe it takes your luck and increases it but still best is personal interaction. I tried to think what I would do and it's pretty hard if they don't have any fundraisers going on, you'd pretty much be stalking a politician. If I really had a problem myself my boss is a former US ambassador so I'd probably speak up and ask him for help, but I prefer to keep my work out of my private life. You may know a friend of a friend, maybe spread the word a bit and you will find someone who could help. Calling can't hurt but I would try to stand out from the hundreds of others. I'm sure the Dream people are calling too saying it's ridiculous the time it is taking.

Timeline

I'm waiting for my turn to come just like the others, at least we did try something. I can't just sit here and do nothing while you can see how other people tried their best to make their's work. So, if you just want to wait and do nothing, then WAIT. For me and based on my little understanding about LIFE, It's like this, don't just leave everything to fate/destiny or to God, He HELPS those who help themselves... :innocent: So, i did something to help myself and i know and i believe that He will help me with this... Goodluck to ME and my F, and to all of us here who are not tired of finding ways to make the impossible become POSSIBLE!!! :dance:

Timeline

Yes -I agree on the long wait times - been there -done that & sadly doing it again after 20 years!! Heres what id suggest-it works- Write a detailed =Hand Written!! letter to your states -usa= congressman & senator.!! Give them your full names on k1 forms govt assigned ID #'s for the filing and your return address. Be Polite! Simply ask them to look into the case & see what help they can do / offer!! This should be done after soem 3-4 months wait after filing. It doesnt hurt & you likely will be surprised at the reply (good thing!!) as these elected officials have direct phone #'s to the govt offices & can get around the beurocratic BS!! We -cant - they can!!. I have done this before & it worked for me !! I also will do again in about 2 months again. Hope this helps all.

This =Isnt My 1st =RODEO!!

Timeline

Yes -I agree on the long wait times - been there -done that & sadly doing it again after 20 years!! Heres what id suggest-it works- Write a detailed =Hand Written!! letter to your states -usa= congressman & senator.!! Give them your full names on k1 forms govt assigned ID #'s for the filing and your return address. Be Polite! Simply ask them to look into the case & see what help they can do / offer!! This should be done after soem 3-4 months wait after filing. It doesnt hurt & you likely will be surprised at the reply (good thing!!) as these elected officials have direct phone #'s to the govt offices & can get around the beurocratic BS!! We -cant - they can!!. I have done this before & it worked for me !! I also will do again in about 2 months again. Hope this helps all.

thanks for the vote of confidence. we did all those things that u have mentioned and now we are waiting for the positive response, i know it will be... soon...

Timeline

currently=?? it appears the calif ins service center is really taking a long time?? Im curious as to if ?? all the illegasl have filed paperwork to gain legal application status?? That alone could be overwelming!! alos -we do not know -to general public = what has obama ordered ins to do about all this presently?/ Has he dictated a priority for this application over we citizens that have filed ?? It seems evident to me =that we citizens are now & actually = have been taking a "back seat" to all that never should have been allowed in the 1st places?? I have no idea as to what it should take any more time over a 90 day period to check into ones application & get a decision on it. SAD but so TRUE!! :help::bonk:

This =Isnt My 1st =RODEO!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.