grace and thomas

this k1 journey seems so frustrating and depressing

58 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

And in your opinion we didn't reach that point yet?

I think that poster was making a dig at me for being impatient. I think it is misplaced but okay.

I am only 109 days in, so I can't really start trying to get movement on my case. But once I am past the 5 or 6 month mark, I will be a greasier wheel. I would use my best judgement on the "validity" of the processing date on their site. I will complain and rattle cages, because I don't feel that they can just put some date on there an leave it. I am not in some Kafka novel and refuse to act as if I am. Everyone else is free to act as they wish with regard to the processing of their cases.

Filed: Timeline

I think that poster was making a dig at me for being impatient. I think it is misplaced but okay.

I am only 109 days in, so I can't really start trying to get movement on my case. But once I am past the 5 or 6 month mark, I will be a greasier wheel. I would use my best judgement on the "validity" of the processing date on their site. I will complain and rattle cages, because I don't feel that they can just put some date on there an leave it. I am not in some Kafka novel and refuse to act as if I am. Everyone else is free to act as they wish with regard to the processing of their cases.

I had to look up that word as I've never heard it before.

VJ has increased many vocabulary skills. Again.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Fairness has nothing to do with the immigration process. It's politically and economically driven: politically because at any point, a political interest such as DACA can trump anything else. Economically because there is a finite number of inspectors, regardless of caseload; for budget reasons there would not be more people hired.

None of us here have a bit of control over the above, thus is best to let go and take advantage of the time in productive ways.

Also, remember, it is not personal, no one is against you; it's just the high volume of petitions and the relative small amount of adjudicators. There are others here that have been in AP for more than 1 year.

So true!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

hope your NoA 2 comes soon!

OUR AMAZING JOURNEY 

UiSpm4.pngHWwxm4.png

YIRsm4.png   Mi1Gm4.pngTh37m4.png    

2013                                                  2014                                                     2015

fNidm5.png NXDpm4.png    VaECm4.png 

VRj7m4.png4IFnm4.png

Timeline

That is a great way to make someone go out of their way to look through your case with a fine tooth comb... The squeaky wheel gets the grease, but sometimes when you go down to inspect it for grease inserts you realize it's a bad wheel and toss the thing. If you really want to do something attend some political dinners(donation dinners) and rub elbows with the few people that could actually get something done if it was in their best interest. Otherwise the USC can live with the fiance until the process is finished.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

I think USCIS is going to leave the "July 18" date as long as they can so they don't have to get to the rest of our July applications, answer our inquiries/compliants or respond to service requests, etc because they are still "not yet at our date," although it is clear that they have approved August and September petitions despite claiming to be stuck working on "July 18" petitions. Very frustrating.

I'm beginning to lose all hope of ever receiving a response. This is heartbreaking. Eight months in and no end in sight.

Edited by kfischm1

Timeline

That is a great way to make someone go out of their way to look through your case with a fine tooth comb... The squeaky wheel gets the grease, but sometimes when you go down to inspect it for grease inserts you realize it's a bad wheel and toss the thing. If you really want to do something attend some political dinners(donation dinners) and rub elbows with the few people that could actually get something done if it was in their best interest. Otherwise the USC can live with the fiance until the process is finished.

I don't have anything to hide. Having worked in the government, the type of greasy wheel I am talking about will not "suffer" as you seem to indicate. I am not sure what USA you live in.

What is with everyone telling us to leave the US and go wait it out somewhere else? What is wrong with you people? You sound like those freaking "love it or leave it" people. If you have the luxury to leave your job (or maybe you don't have one) then rock on, but stop telling the rest of us to do that. The way you get things done is by staying on top of your case.

Timeline

I don't have anything to hide. Having worked in the government, the type of greasy wheel I am talking about will not "suffer" as you seem to indicate. I am not sure what USA you live in.

What is with everyone telling us to leave the US and go wait it out somewhere else? What is wrong with you people? You sound like those freaking "love it or leave it" people. If you have the luxury to leave your job (or maybe you don't have one) then rock on, but stop telling the rest of us to do that. The way you get things done is by staying on top of your case.

That's funny because if you really had worked for the government you would know that staying on top of it won't matter. What USA are you living in? Maybe when you go to the DMV you say listen I had a bad day and lost my license, I don't have any info with me can you just give me a new one? They could care less about your case. You can whine and moan about things or you can look at the bright side. You must be one of those complain about your meal send it back types, I'd rather not eat my meal than eat whatever they do to my food after complaining about it. You can "stay on top of it" all you want if it makes you feel better. Good luck, because that is all that will make a difference in processing times. Even uscis has acknowledged that.

Timeline

That's funny because if you really had worked for the government you would know that staying on top of it won't matter. What USA are you living in? Maybe when you go to the DMV you say listen I had a bad day and lost my license, I don't have any info with me can you just give me a new one? They could care less about your case. You can whine and moan about things or you can look at the bright side. You must be one of those complain about your meal send it back types, I'd rather not eat my meal than eat whatever they do to my food after complaining about it. You can "stay on top of it" all you want if it makes you feel better. Good luck, because that is all that will make a difference in processing times. Even uscis has acknowledged that.

Well, if I go to the DMV (actually DOL in my state, but whatever) and my case is being processed abnormally, then it is my responsibility to stay on top of it to get it corrected. The scenario you paint has nothing whatsoever to do with what I am talking about; in no way am I looking for special treatment or having someone overlook some failure of mine. Look, USCIS has a congressional mandate to process the K series quickly to avoid family separation (the entire reason for the existence of the K series) and they are failing and need to be held accountable. I am hoping that I don't have to whine and moan, but July and August (and increasingly September) folks have every right to make noise. In 2 or 3 months if I am still sitting here, I will take whatever action I can.

Good day to you sir.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

Well, if I go to the DMV (actually DOL in my state, but whatever) and my case is being processed abnormally, then it is my responsibility to stay on top of it to get it corrected. The scenario you paint has nothing whatsoever to do with what I am talking about; in no way am I looking for special treatment or having someone overlook some failure of mine. Look, USCIS has a congressional mandate to process the K series quickly to avoid family separation (the entire reason for the existence of the K series) and they are failing and need to be held accountable. I am hoping that I don't have to whine and moan, but July and August (and increasingly September) folks have every right to make noise. In 2 or 3 months if I am still sitting here, I will take whatever action I can.

Good day to you sir.

I think your attitude is spot on. I'm right at the 5 month mark and I've already been put into contact with a USCIS congressional liaison. I may not be able to get much done, but, at the end of the day, this immigration process is a service provided to us tax payers and, if it's not functioning properly, we have to go through whatever channels we can to get it working. If we don't, who will? There is no need to accept a Kafka-esque status quo out of fear that there will be some undefined bureaucratic backlash.

Look, the writing is on the wall. If anyone out there is anywhere near the 5 month mark at the CSC, they should be talking to their congressperson or senator about it. We don't have to accept that this is just the way things are going to be. There is a big difference between accepting that a fair adjudication of a petition takes some time and accepting that the current state of affairs--with a completely uncommunicative, opaque, and seemingly-biased processing system--is anywhere near the service we should be getting for our taxes and fees. Citizens have more than a right to demand better, they have a responsibility to hold government agencies accountable.

keep the faith! i know its hard, it took 227 days for me to get NOA2 and I had just about given up

Our K1 Journey
07/16/2012 I-129F Sent
07/18/2012 I-129F NOA1 (Vermont Service Center)
02/28/2013 I-129F NOA2 (No RFE, 225 days)
03/12/2013 NVC Received
03/14/2013 NVC Left
03/26/2013 Consulate Received
04/12/2013 Packet 4 Picked Up
04/23/2013 Interview (279 days from NOA 1) **APPROVED**
04/26/2013 Visa Ready For Pick-up
06/15/2013 US POE -> MIA
07/18/2013 Marriage

AOS

08/08/2013 I-145 & I-765 sent

08/25/2013 NOA 1 (e-mail)

08/26/2013 NOA 1 (hard copy)

09/10/2013 Biometrics Appointment

10/17/2013 EAD Approved

10/29/2013 Interview

12/02/2013 NOA 2 Approved

Timeline

Last week we sent a request of assistance to Illinois' senator thru their website and my f got a reply this morning, advised to call their office, so, he made a call to their office to explain more about the said request. They asked for some papers to be sent to their office ASAP. Hope this will work, for the USCIS people to touch our case. Guys you may try this also, contacting your senators thru their websites, we just did. I didn't expect at first that they're goin to pay attention to our request, coz, i heard some websites aren't useful for some reasons, like they just put it there, just like that, lol. But when we sent it, we prayed for God's miracle to make it work, and He answered. I believe that this is the START! Keep on praying guys and do some ACTIONS.

Good Luck to all of us!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.