sarah and hicham

CASABLANCA

287 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

She can do the interview as she needs, i think it is considered better to do in english this shows being able to talk converse here but if she just doesnt know then she doesnt know, also french is avail. Just as long as you can show the two of you can talk easily :thumbs: but i will warn i do know of one case that the man not showing good english was the reason used for denial...the couple stated they knew what each other meant etc but that wasnt good enough at the time

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

thats the thing, I dont think they are all that concerned what language she speaks as long as you speak it also. so if you communicate with her in arabic or french then you should be alright.

Photo1949-1.jpg

5GTLm7.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

My husband did his interview in Arabic as he did not speak English at the time and it was no problem. We didn't show any specific evidence that we communicated with each other in a third language, but I guess the fact that we had lived together in that third country was good enough for the CO. Good thing, since we didn't really have any evidence of our communication since we hadn't done a long distance relationship. If we were to do it all again, considering that Casa seems to have toughened up in the last few years, I probably would have attended the interview just to be able to demonstrate how we communicate since we lacked paper evidence.

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Thanks for the tips. I am completely new and this and barely just sent my I-130 off on Monday. From what I have seen in regards to other couples, this looks like it is going to be a long process.

Casandra and Aziz's Timeline
03/26/07 - Received my first call from Aziz
07/21/07 - 1st trip
12/14/07 - 2nd visit to Morocco
05/20/08 - 3rd visit to Morocco
07/10/08 - Married in Morocco
02/15/09 - 4th trip to Morocco

05/12/12 - 1st trip to Morocco together

CR1 Visa Journey
10/06/08 - Sent I-130 Packet
10/09/08 - Received NOA1
04/24/09 - Approval Notice Sent for I-130
07/13/09 - Informed by NVC Casa consulate busy***wait for September interview
07/27/09 - Received appointment letter from NVC WOHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
09/14/09 - CR1 interview in Casa @ 8:00 am ******APPROVED******
09/15/09 - Visa in Hand
11/07/09 - Travel to US
11/27/09 - Received greencard
ROC
10/21/11 - Sent I-751 package
10/24/11 - USCIS receives the package
10/31/11 - NOA1 received
11/18/11 - Biometrics Interview in JAX
06/27/12 - Approval Notice sent

N-400

09/21/13 - Application filed

09/26/13 - NOA received

10/24/13 - Biometics apt

12/12/13 - Interview date

01/01/14 - Approval notice sent

03/27/14 - Oath ceremony

• 5 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
Thanks for the tips. I am completely new and this and barely just sent my I-130 off on Monday. From what I have seen in regards to other couples, this looks like it is going to be a long process.

Okay, my fiance and I just got our NOA2 on March 11th, and are waiting for his packet to arrive. We are filing for a K1, and are very anxious about what comes next. I just found this thread, and found it to be very overwhelming, but also saw the last post to be in September 2008. I am wondering about those of you who've recently gone through Casa now (within the last 3-6 months), as I know things can change. We have a lot of questions, so here goes:

• Would you say the kinds of questions asked at the interview are along the same lines as the ones already posted here?
  • What are the interviewers like, as in are they generally very formal, casual, or what?
  • My fiance speaks good conversational English; do the interviewers generally speak on the same level?
  • How long does it generally last?
  • What are the major red flags they might look for? I don't think we have any, and the original I-129 petition was pretty thorough with evidence, but it's good to know to be prepared.
  • Should my fiance offer the evidence etc that he will bring, or wait for the interviewer to ask for it?

I think that covers our interview questions, but if more come up I will be asking!

Thanks for any replies on this!

"One love, one heart, let's get together and feel alright..."

Timeline

Okay, my fiance and I just got our NOA2 on March 11th, and are waiting for his packet to arrive. We are filing for a K1, and are very anxious about what comes next. I just found this thread, and found it to be very overwhelming, but also saw the last post to be in September 2008. I am wondering about those of you who've recently gone through Casa now (within the last 3-6 months), as I know things can change. We have a lot of questions, so here goes:

• Would you say the kinds of questions asked at the interview are along the same lines as the ones already posted here?
  • What are the interviewers like, as in are they generally very formal, casual, or what?
  • My fiance speaks good conversational English; do the interviewers generally speak on the same level?
  • What are the major red flags they might look for? I don't think we have any, and the original I-129 petition was pretty thorough with evidence, but it's good to know to be prepared.
  • Should my fiance offer the evidence etc that he will bring, or wait for the interviewer to ask for it?

I think that covers our interview questions, but if more come up I will be asking!

Hey guys! Anybody have any input on these questions of mine (above)? Thanks!

"One love, one heart, let's get together and feel alright..."

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

My husband's interview was over two years ago, not the recent time frame you are looking for, but for what it's worth, here is the review I posted after his interview:

On February 7, 2007, my fiance was interviewed for about 15 minutes. He was asked detailed questions about me and my family. He had about 80 pictures of me with him and with his family, and the CO looked at them all. He took logs of Skype calls (our principal means of communication) as well as printouts of chats, emails between us, and emails between him and my parents. The CO did not look at any of that. He was given Form 221(g) and placed in administrative processing. On February 14, 2007, the consulate called him and told him to return to Casa the next day with his passport. He did, and they sent him away, saying there was a problem with a machine and they could not issue the visa, and that he should return on February 20. He did, and was again told to return the next day. I emailed Casablanca to ask about the status of his case. The next day, February 21, 2007, he received his visa with an expiration date of August 13, 2007.

The questions listed on VJ are a good place to start. Be aware that the CO may build questions based on whatever information he may offer, so it's good to ask what is answered and not ad lib too much. Just as an example, the CO asked my husband what my hobbies were. When he mentioned that I had dogs, she asked the names of the dogs. When he mentioned that I sometimes visited my parents, she asked how far my parents lived from me. In other words, she would ask more questions based on his answers to previous questions, things a person would know after regular, normal communication with a loved one, to see how much he really knew about me or whether he was just memorizing certain facts to "pass" the interview.

The interviewers vary. My husband interviewed with an African-American woman. I don't know if she still works there. He said she did not smile at first, but he smiled and was polite to her, and he said she warmed up and that he was comfortable talking with her. I think she had been born in the U.S., and they communicated fine in English. But experiences with COs at Casa have varied a great deal.

My husband's interview lasted about 15 minutes. I have read of some that lasted five minutes and some more than an hour or two, though the really long ones seem rare from what people have posted here.

One or two red flags won't necessarily shoot down a petition -- they're part of the larger picture and should have been addressed in the I-129F. That said, here are some: Large age difference between petitioner and beneficiary (we had that), cultural differences (we had that), religious differences (we had that), language differences (that's a very important one, but you say your fiance speaks good English -- some couples have also done fine if they both were fluent in a language other than English and could prove that to the CO's satisfaction), having been introduced by a relative, the beneficiary having relatives in the US, marrying or becoming engaged very quickly after meeting, exchanges of money (especially from beneficiary to petitioner), only one or two changes of clothing in photographs (could indicate staged photos or suggest the couple has only spent a day or two together, and yes, there have been denials for this, so more is better with the photos). That's all I can think of.

He should definitely be assertive and offer the evidence he has, whether they ask for it or not. This is not a time to be shy. Some beneficiaries have been denied, and afterward, they will say, "Well, they never even asked me for my evidence." If the CO asks a question and he has a piece of evidence related to that question, he can answer the question and then offer the proof to back up his answer. He will be standing at a window with a space to pass things underneath. A thick, three-ring binder can be opened or taken apart if the whole thing won't fit under the window. Ask him to put the evidence, or a large portion of it, on the ledge of the window where it can be seen. We prepared a photo album with our favorite two pictures on the front and back of the album, kind of a marketing thing, so when he set it on the ledge, the CO could not help but see it. Whether she asked for or accepted the album or not, it was there in front of her, and as it turned out, she did ask him for it and looked at every page. We included pictures of me with every member of his family, not just with him, and she asked who everyone was, so I got the feeling that helped us as well.

That's all I can think of, and like I said, it's been a while, so I hope others will chime in with more recent anecdotes. Good luck.

I'm the USC.

11/05/2007........Conditional permanent residency effective date.

01/10/2008........Two-year green card in hand.

08/08/2009........Our son was born <3

08/08/2009........Filed for removal of conditions.

12/16/2009........ROC was approved.

11/05/2010........Eligible for Naturalization.

03/01/2011........Separated.

11/05/2012........Eligible for Naturalization.

In general I would say...save each and every document...anything and everything (phone records and emails) you can "paperwise" "picture wise" as proof that you were together, communicate regularly and are planning a future.

HAVE FAITH IN GOD. IF IT IS MEANT TO BE IT WILL BE. PRAYING DOES WONDERS.

Follow all instructions given by USCIS/Consulate to the LETTER!

Make copies of everything for yourself...2 is very smart....you will find you use the same documents over and over

people fret over actual originals (which some are required) but most suffice as copies.

Be honest....think of any and every question that has to do with each of you, your families, your past and background.

Quite honestly this happens as part of the "getting to know you" phase of your relationship anyhow. :P

We made a game out of it and I would very often quiz him just to make sure he knew and wouldnt forget.

We stressed about the interrogation too much and honestly after 2 interviews, one for K3 the other CR1, they asked maybe 5 pertinent questions.

Nothing tricky or complicated in the least.

Be straight foward and confident!

Utilitizing your congressman or state rep....like senator definitely will help.

If you can remember this when road blocks arise or the wait is getting long....you need documentation and a letter of consent to proceed but it is so worth it and I still feel that their involvement with us helped expediate if not draw attention to our case.

Prepare yourself that there are no guarantees.

Everyone's situation is completely different and the time frame is totally unpredictable.

Just be prepared to wait and also prepare for the dreaded, 221 g, some are very lucky to escape this ungodly form but even in the midst of your darkness, remember, things will come to fruition and under normal circumstances and even some seemingly complicated, you will get that visa!

Stay positive, keep busy and try not to sweat the small stuff.

I know easier said than done ;) GOOD LUCK AGAIN TO ALL THE PEEPS WAITING...

Edited by sandrila

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Timeline
:whistle::whistle::whistle: Anyone with recent insight on casa reviews?? Let us know!! :whistle::whistle::whistle:

Never give up on anything God has told you to believe for; never quit doing anything He has clearly shown you to do. Your diligence will pay off with a blessing from God." -Joyce Meyers

K1 Journey

-Filed August 2009

-Approved October 2009

-Interview in Casablanca January 2010

-Results DENIED

CR1 Journey

-Married March 2010

-Filed June 2010

-Approved October 2010

-NVC Journey 13 Weeks

-Interview in Casablanca March 2011

-Results DENIED

-USCIS received May 10, 2011

-NOIR received January 30, 2012

-NOIR sent February 21, 2012

-NOIR received by USCIS February 22, 2012

-NOIR response February 28, 2012--REAFFIRMED!

-NVC received petition March 19, 2012

-Petition sent to Casa March 20, 2012

-Consulate called husband to set interview March 26, 2012

-Interview set for April 2, 2012 at 3pm!!

-Interview results--APPROVED!

-Civil documents in--April 5, 2012

-Consulate called April 6, 2012 to pick up visa following Monday

-IR1 received--April 9, 2012

-POE--May 9, 2012

-Applied SS card--May 23, 2012

-Received SS card--May 26, 2012

-Received Welcome Letter--May 29, 2012

-GC mailed--June 1, 2012

-Received 10 year GC--June 4, 2012

-Applied for citizenship--February/March 2015

-Request for more proof/evidence--July 2015

-Approved--July 2015

-Citizenship Ceremony-- August 2015

NO MORE IMMIGRATION!!????

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline

Interviews at Casa, just like any of the US consulates, have not changed in the past few years. You're still going to have to defend your relationship and justify any red flags. This is and always will be Department of State's standard operating procedure.

Read through the pinned material all throughout VJ - it will become your Bible.

Best of luck! :thumbs:

Timeline
Interviews at Casa, just like any of the US consulates, have not changed in the past few years. You're still going to have to defend your relationship and justify any red flags. This is and always will be Department of State's standard operating procedure.

This is true, but Casa is a very special place :) When I have time later tonight I'll post our experience. My advice for now is to be overly prepared. Be ready for a rollercoaster ride and you'll do fine!

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline

This is true, but Casa is a very special place :)When I have time later tonight I'll post our experience. My advice for now is to be overly prepared. Be ready for a rollercoaster ride and you'll do fine!

Yes, sister, Casa is a truly one of a kind embassy - just like the other high-fraud embassies: Manila, Ghangdou, Lagos, and Cairo. Know your stuff. There are Casa interview experiences allover the place in the MENA forum. Just search - some happened here within the last few months. Aside from that, it's the Federal government - there has been no dramatic change in YEARS!!! :thumbs:

Edited by Staashi

Timeline

This is true, but Casa is a very special place :)When I have time later tonight I'll post our experience. My advice for now is to be overly prepared. Be ready for a rollercoaster ride and you'll do fine!

Honeslty Im waiting axiously to read about ur experience. Our interview is in December and we are very nervous! Im wondering is Monday is a bad day for an interview. No one likes mondays!! Grrrr Hope the co is in a good mood on Monday!

“You cannot enter heaven until you believe, and you will not truly believe until you (truly) love one another.” [Muslim, Al-Iman (Faith); 93]

Timeline

I was wondering, can we call casablanca to see if they have received our packet?? If so, I think I heard the number on the consulate page is wrong, is this true??

Never give up on anything God has told you to believe for; never quit doing anything He has clearly shown you to do. Your diligence will pay off with a blessing from God." -Joyce Meyers

K1 Journey

-Filed August 2009

-Approved October 2009

-Interview in Casablanca January 2010

-Results DENIED

CR1 Journey

-Married March 2010

-Filed June 2010

-Approved October 2010

-NVC Journey 13 Weeks

-Interview in Casablanca March 2011

-Results DENIED

-USCIS received May 10, 2011

-NOIR received January 30, 2012

-NOIR sent February 21, 2012

-NOIR received by USCIS February 22, 2012

-NOIR response February 28, 2012--REAFFIRMED!

-NVC received petition March 19, 2012

-Petition sent to Casa March 20, 2012

-Consulate called husband to set interview March 26, 2012

-Interview set for April 2, 2012 at 3pm!!

-Interview results--APPROVED!

-Civil documents in--April 5, 2012

-Consulate called April 6, 2012 to pick up visa following Monday

-IR1 received--April 9, 2012

-POE--May 9, 2012

-Applied SS card--May 23, 2012

-Received SS card--May 26, 2012

-Received Welcome Letter--May 29, 2012

-GC mailed--June 1, 2012

-Received 10 year GC--June 4, 2012

-Applied for citizenship--February/March 2015

-Request for more proof/evidence--July 2015

-Approved--July 2015

-Citizenship Ceremony-- August 2015

NO MORE IMMIGRATION!!????

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.