sarah and hicham

CASABLANCA

287 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi Everyone,

I know it's been ages since I've been here. Sorry I've been on somewhat of an artistic/introspective hiatus lately! Then, I also got busy with dealing with this grueling K1 return process. Hope everyone's been doing well here. As for me, I spent a month in Morocco (September15-October16) with my fiance and his family, and got back nearly 4 weeks ago. Casablanca sat on our petition for over 3 months Driss and I are doing very well, alhamdulillah. I was reading Chiqita's last message and it menitoned that CSC might start to issue the NOIR/NOID notices. Well, that kinda blows my 'lil plan to smithereens! I was planning to marry in Morocco and then file for the CR1 in January with lots of additional evidence, considering that the K1 would have been automatically closed by CSC anyway, before the CR1 gets to the interview stage. Now I feel as if I need to be more cautious about that scenario, because I wouldn't want to invalidate the K1 if I still have a chance to appeal it! Of course, time is also an issue. Which option would be faster....a K1 appeal or starting from scratch with a CR1? I need to make a decision kind of quickly because we planned the wedding already for January 2008, and then I was going to live there for a few months. I'd love to hear from others who have been through this, or are going through it now.

Happy TGIF,

iysha

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
Hi Everyone,

I know it's been ages since I've been here. Sorry I've been on somewhat of an artistic/introspective hiatus lately! Then, I also got busy with dealing with this grueling K1 return process. Hope everyone's been doing well here. As for me, I spent a month in Morocco (September15-October16) with my fiance and his family, and got back nearly 4 weeks ago. Casablanca sat on our petition for over 3 months Driss and I are doing very well, alhamdulillah. I was reading Chiqita's last message and it menitoned that CSC might start to issue the NOIR/NOID notices. Well, that kinda blows my 'lil plan to smithereens! I was planning to marry in Morocco and then file for the CR1 in January with lots of additional evidence, considering that the K1 would have been automatically closed by CSC anyway, before the CR1 gets to the interview stage. Now I feel as if I need to be more cautious about that scenario, because I wouldn't want to invalidate the K1 if I still have a chance to appeal it! Of course, time is also an issue. Which option would be faster....a K1 appeal or starting from scratch with a CR1? I need to make a decision kind of quickly because we planned the wedding already for January 2008, and then I was going to live there for a few months. I'd love to hear from others who have been through this, or are going through it now.

Happy TGIF,

iysha

i'd like to respond but i will most likely get shot down by those who dont like my postings much.

PM Kiyah, she can help you.

also retaining Marc for your situation would be a very good investment.

good luck!

chi

098bdb652297eb8af8222ef77903ebf5.gif

.png

Married in 04

"Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect. It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfections."

chiqa.jpg

• 2 months later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Okay let me try uploading using photobucket. Here are teh 2 pages of the instructions sheet

Instructions.jpg

instructionspart2.jpg

Here is the interview letter. I marked out my fiance's last name ;)

interviewletteredit.jpg

Salaam all,

I'm sorry, I'm reviving an old post. I'm currently in Morocco with my fiance. I know I'm early and overanticipating the event, but I'm wondering if anyone who has recently gone through Casa can tell us what is in Packet 3? I looked at the Embassy Info. It says there is no Packet 4... does anyone know if this information is still up-to-date?

Thank you for your help!

hz

love0038.gif

For Immigration Timeline, click here.

big wheel keep on turnin * proud mary keep on burnin * and we're rollin * rollin

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Okay let me try uploading using photobucket. Here are teh 2 pages of the instructions sheet

Instructions.jpg

instructionspart2.jpg

interviewletteredit.jpg

Salaam all,

I'm sorry, I'm reviving an old post. I'm currently in Morocco with my fiance. I know I'm early and overanticipating the event, but I'm wondering if anyone who has recently gone through Casa can tell us what is in Packet 3? I looked at the Embassy Info. It says there is no Packet 4... does anyone know if this information is still up-to-date?

Thank you for your help!

hz

I believe that packet 3 has the DS156 and DS156K forms and instructions for the interview. There is no packet 4. When you get packet 3, it has your interview date in it and what to bring as far as the medical exam and money for the interview go. You bring everything from packet 3 with you to the interview- you do not send it in to the Consulate. Good luck!

Timeline

Instructions.jpg

instructionspart2.jpg

interviewletteredit.jpg

Salaam all,

Thank you for your help!

hz

I believe that packet 3 has the DS156 and DS156K forms and instructions for the interview. There is no packet 4. When you get packet 3, it has your interview date in it and what to bring as far as the medical exam and money for the interview go. You bring everything from packet 3 with you to the interview- you do not send it in to the Consulate. Good luck!

Thanks a million, Sarah & Hicham!

Also, you don't happen to know if my fiance will have to do his fingerprints before the interview?

Or is this just for "immigrant visas"?

Thanks again,

hz

love0038.gif

For Immigration Timeline, click here.

big wheel keep on turnin * proud mary keep on burnin * and we're rollin * rollin

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Instructions.jpg

instructionspart2.jpg

interviewletteredit.jpg

Salaam all,

Thank you for your help!

hz

Thanks a million, Sarah & Hicham!

Also, you don't happen to know if my fiance will have to do his fingerprints before the interview?

Or is this just for "immigrant visas"?

Thanks again,

hz

Yes he will have his fingerprints taken at the Consulate on the day of the interview.

• 3 months later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi there,

I'm still trying to figure all this out. My husbnd was told his was approved today, then on his way out he was told to go back to see the lady who then said she was "sorry" and took back the green paper and gave him back his passport.

She handed him another white paper (will find out what that says later tonight) but she then told him that the paperwork was going to Washington. Is it safe to assume that this is for security checks?

I"m wondering because if it were not approved, it looks like it would have been returned to the USCIS. There is a difference right? I don't mean to be a pest but as you can imagine we are are very anxious about his Visa being approved.

Thank you all for your input.

June 30, 2008: Sent NOA to Chicago via Fed Ex

July 1, 2008: NOA Received in Chicago

July 7, 2008: Check cashed, Notice Date for I485 & I765

July 9, 2008: Notice Date of Biometrics

July 11, 2008: Received NOA's for I-485 & I-765 in mail

July 12, 2008: Received Biometrics Appointment for July 25th

July 25, 2008: Biometrics Appointment

Sept 3, 2008: Card Production Ordered (EAD)

Sept 8, 2008: Received EAD Card in the mail. Received CRIS email that Approval Notice for EAD sent! Go figure huh?

Sept 11, 2008: Applied for SSN

Sept 15, 2008: Received SSN in mail

Sept 18, 2008: STARTED HIS 1ST U.S. JOB!! WHOOO HOOOOO!

***********2009************************

Feb 13, 2009: Received Letter for Interview April 8th *nothing updated on USCIS website since July 7th when they received our packet. No email from CRIS regarding the letter being sent.

Apr 6, 2009 Our 2 year Moroccan Wedding Anniversary!

Apr 8, 2008 Interview - APPROVED for 10 year GC!

Timeline
Hi there,

I'm still trying to figure all this out. My husbnd was told his was approved today, then on his way out he was told to go back to see the lady who then said she was "sorry" and took back the green paper and gave him back his passport.

She handed him another white paper (will find out what that says later tonight) but she then told him that the paperwork was going to Washington. Is it safe to assume that this is for security checks?

I"m wondering because if it were not approved, it looks like it would have been returned to the USCIS. There is a difference right? I don't mean to be a pest but as you can imagine we are are very anxious about his Visa being approved.

Thank you all for your input.

You won't know for sure until you read the language on the 221g. Unfortunately, I don't think it's safe to assume anything at this point.

If she said the *paperwork* was going back to Washington, that would concern me (sounds like a returned petition).

I hope it's good news!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

It's a toss up. Washington is where they do security checks, however they don't send the "paperwork" as Jenn stated. Now Washington is where all returned petitions go first, then to the NVC and last to the Service Center. But it could be as simply as a word off, and it means nothing. The best thing is to post what it says once you get it (word for word). Then we can help you. I hope it is good news too.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

does casablanca denied CR1 cases ? i have seen just K1 and k3 got denied which take up to more then one year or it usually expired so what about the CR1 how long it takes to review after they returne it does it expire is there any cases CR1 got denied lately by casablanca i am having bad feelings about my interview june 25th thats why i need to know what will happend if i got denied .

(((((( I-130 )))))))

may 23 2007 : Sent Form I-130

june 11 2007 : csc reseives Form I-130

june 13 2007 : touched check cashed

september 03 2007 : touched

october 26 2007 : touched

october 28 2007 : touched

october 29 2007 : touched

october 30 2007 : touched

october 31 2007 : touched

november 8 2007 : RFE

december 19 2007 :send back RFE

december 20 2007 :touched

december 20 2007 :approved

december 21 2007 :touched

(((((( NVC )))))))

janury 08 2008 :Entered into NVC system case number Assigned

janury 28 2008 :DS-3032 and AOS fee bill generated

janury 29 2008 :E-mailed NVC about The Choice of Agent

February 05 2008 :Choice of Agent entered into NVC system

February 05 2008 :sent the AOS fee bill via express mail

February 06 2008 :AOS fee bill delivered to NVC 1:05 PM per USPS tracking system

February 11 2008 :IV bill generated

February 21 2008 :IV fee bill received and payt sent delivered at 12:30 PM next day

march 03 2008:DS-230 generated

march 31 2008 :send the DS-230 package via express mail delivred march 2 2008

april 4 2008 :NVC recieved DS-230 into system

april 18 2008 :CASE COMPLETED 101 day since number case assigned

june 25 2008 : interview

july 11 2008 : got the call to come pick up my visa

july 14 2008 : visa in hand alhamdolilah

booboolove4.jpg

5931.gif

Timeline
does casablanca denied CR1 cases ? i have seen just K1 and k3 got denied which take up to more then one year or it usually expired so what about the CR1 how long it takes to review after they returne it does it expire is there any cases CR1 got denied lately by casablanca i am having bad feelings about my interview june 25th thats why i need to know what will happend if i got denied .

Ours was a CR1 and was denied. It does happen. Why do you think you have a problem?

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Timeline

i have many red flags and that what worries me as i heard the consulate decide on cases even before the interview for me there is the age different and the time was short from the day we met online to the day my wife visite me and it was just tow weeks from the day she come to the day we got married . what do you think ?

(((((( I-130 )))))))

(((((( NVC )))))))

February 06 2008 :AOS fee bill delivered to NVC 1:05 PM per USPS tracking system

February 21 2008 :IV fee bill received and payt sent delivered at 12:30 PM next day

booboolove4.jpg

5931.gif

Timeline
i have many red flags and that what worries me as i heard the consulate decide on cases even before the interview for me there is the age different and the time was short from the day we met online to the day my wife visite me and it was just tow weeks from the day she come to the day we got married . what do you think ?

From your picture I don't see any age difference, so if it is only a few years, or your the older one then that won't be an issue. You are correct that you met and married fast however. You must be prepared because that one will probably come up. The key is to prepare yourself to answer any questions that could come up from that. Is that the only 2?

BTW you 2 are an adorable couple!

Timeline

there is a big age different between us my wife doesn't look old but she is very older then me if there is any other red flags i am not sure i would think of the different religion she visited me just tow time the first one is when we got married and it was for 23 day and the second time it was for one month .the rep told my wife that they will send casablanca an email or letter stating that they dont have a problem with me coming there is that would help what else can i do ?

(((((( I-130 )))))))

(((((( NVC )))))))

booboolove4.jpg

5931.gif

Timeline
there is a big age different between us my wife doesn't look old but she is very older then me if there is any other red flags i am not sure i would think of the different religion she visited me just tow time the first one is when we got married and it was for 23 day and the second time it was for one month .the rep told my wife that they will send casablanca an email or letter stating that they dont have a problem with me coming there is that would help what else can i do ?

I would say anything over an 5 year difference you should be prepared, but look at her...she is gorgeous!

The first visit and quick marriage is not the best, but can be overcome. How long did you know each other before she came?

The fact that she came a second time is a big plus, make sure you take that evidence with you.

If she goes there for the interview that is even better, but they will not let her in. Just make sure they know she is there.

Edited by morocco4ever

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.