sarah and hicham

CASABLANCA

287 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
So once we're on AP should I just sit and try to wait patiently? Or can I call/email someone to give a quick check? Or is it really a waste of time? I'm dying to know when he's going to get his visaaaaaaaaaa...arghhhhhhhhh! :)

Like MBP said, call DOS.

I called several times per day ( I couldn't help myself) because I hate getting inconsistent answers which is always what I got. I called once and they said they're done, then they said they're not done. It's frustrating so I would call back and try to get someone who was more helpful.

Hicham had his interview last year on June 27th and had visa in hand on July 6th. Apparently it would have been sooner but they were closed for the 4th of July.

Don't worry Jen, they'll call soon,

Sarah

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So once we're on AP should I just sit and try to wait patiently? Or can I call/email someone to give a quick check? Or is it really a waste of time? I'm dying to know when he's going to get his visaaaaaaaaaa...arghhhhhhhhh! :)

Like MBP said, call DOS.

I called several times per day ( I couldn't help myself) because I hate getting inconsistent answers which is always what I got. I called once and they said they're done, then they said they're not done. It's frustrating so I would call back and try to get someone who was more helpful.

Hicham had his interview last year on June 27th and had visa in hand on July 6th. Apparently it would have been sooner but they were closed for the 4th of July.

Don't worry Jen, they'll call soon,

Sarah

OH WOW!!! Has it been a year?????????? Feels like yesterday!

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

• 3 weeks later...

bump

erfoud44.jpg

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

Filed: Timeline

Hi Everyone,

Well, now that the interview is a little over a week away, we've been busy with gathering all the required papers, forms, etc. Crossing all the t's and dotting all the i's, making sure the police report says "NEANT" or NOTHING" written, two copies of DS 156, and all other technicalities, etc. Driss had the medical with Dr. Khadija last Tuesday. Will he have to pay the $100 visa fee at BMCI bank or does he pay it at the Consulate the day of his appointment?

Thanks!

~iysha (F)

Hi Everyone,

Well, now that the interview is a little over a week away, we've been busy with gathering all the required papers, forms, etc. Crossing all the t's and dotting all the i's, making sure the police report says "NEANT" or NOTHING" written, two copies of DS 156, and all other technicalities, etc. Driss had the medical with Dr. Khadija last Tuesday. Will he have to pay the $100 visa fee at BMCI bank or does he pay it at the Consulate the day of his appointment?

Thanks!

~iysha (F)

Back in January, Idir went to the consulate on the sate of the interview and then they told him where to pay. Even though the website said pay at teh SMCI bank first it didn't need to.

erfoud44.jpg

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

bump for the new Casa folks...

I'm the USC.

11/05/2007........Conditional permanent residency effective date.

01/10/2008........Two-year green card in hand.

08/08/2009........Our son was born <3

08/08/2009........Filed for removal of conditions.

12/16/2009........ROC was approved.

11/05/2010........Eligible for Naturalization.

03/01/2011........Separated.

11/05/2012........Eligible for Naturalization.

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Would this be the one you are looking for?

Limah (L)(F)

Pray with me Forrest! Dear God, make me a bird so I can fly far. Far, far away from here..... Dear God, make me a bird so I can fly far. Far, far away from here!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

hello:

i m new to this forum i just registered and was able to respond.

i filed for my fiancee I129f in march 2007 the petition was approved by USCIS and she had an interview in casa in Sept 11 2007 ( bad date) she was asked to provide more evidence and some court papers. i sent her all my international bills plus all the msn chat history but the interviewer never looked at that and she tol her that she can not issue her a visa at this time and the file will be sent back to USCIS. i called the state department and they told me that most of the cases return to USCIS for a review and then they send it back to casa. i did not receive anything yet and i sent an email to my state senator and my state congresman and to rabat consulat and casa consulat and the state department and casa consulat plus i will be sending all the evidence ( phone bills plus msn history and passport copy with a letter) to USCIS in california and hopefully i will get something done about this case because i m very confused and frustrated with those racist people in the embassy. do anybody know how many files were reconsidered after returning to uscis from the embassy? what should i do next? i wish if i had president bush email, because he would probably receive an email from me. lol

can u please help me.

thanks :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::help::help::help:

Timeline

I'm very sorry this happened to you. Has your fiancee's file already been returned to USCIS for certain? Sometimes that takes a little while, and if it's still in Casa, there may be some action you can take.

First thing you should do, if you haven't already, is read the pinned thread at the top of this forum, "Returning Petitions to the United States..." here. That thread is long but very valuable because it's full of information from VJ members in exactly your situation with Casa. Start reading around post #94 of that thread because the earlier posts are mostly discussion about getting the thread pinned at the top to make it easier to find, and it is now pinned there, so that will save some reading. Then there is a bit of a lull (more discussion about pinning the topic) until around post #121. There is good info scattered within the discussion, but if you're just getting started, that will get you to the meat of the thread.

Some members have done a great deal of research about returned petitions and can help you with your next steps. Members kiya, chiquita and moroccogirlny come to mind first. There are others (I just woke up and am drawing a blank), but any of those three can get you started.

Again, very sorry about your delay. Good luck with your next steps.

I'm the USC.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
hello:

i m new to this forum i just registered and was able to respond.

i filed for my fiancee I129f in march 2007 the petition was approved by USCIS and she had an interview in casa in Sept 11 2007 ( bad date) she was asked to provide more evidence and some court papers. i sent her all my international bills plus all the msn chat history but the interviewer never looked at that and she tol her that she can not issue her a visa at this time and the file will be sent back to USCIS. i called the state department and they told me that most of the cases return to USCIS for a review and then they send it back to casa. i did not receive anything yet and i sent an email to my state senator and my state congresman and to rabat consulat and casa consulat and the state department and casa consulat plus i will be sending all the evidence ( phone bills plus msn history and passport copy with a letter) to USCIS in california and hopefully i will get something done about this case because i m very confused and frustrated with those racist people in the embassy. do anybody know how many files were reconsidered after returning to uscis from the embassy? what should i do next? i wish if i had president bush email, because he would probably receive an email from me. lol

can u please help me.

thanks :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::help::help::help:

hi there again---its chi.

i posted a response to you in another thread. i also sent you a personal message. you will get all the help you need to get your fiance here.

the DOS didnt tell you the whole story. yes your case will be sent back to USCIS. but if it is going back to CSC you may not get a response from them at all. they have decided against sending out the typical NOIR (notice of intent to revoke) letter that gives you an oppotunity to overcome the objections of the CO. take heart though because if you had processed through Vermont you would not hear anything from them in a very loooooong time.

you may ask why or those of you who are reading may be asking why---we have no idea why!

sorry but that is another subject that does not concern you but others.

this is what will happen next>>

your case will go into a diplomatic pouch ( your reps can get the number for you so you can track where it is) and be sent to the NVC fraud unit. it will be reviewed there and entered into their system and them it will be sent on to where it was originally processed. this is the sticky part that is not to clear at the moment. used to be CSC sent out NOIR's for I-129's. then they stopped. they said to refile. now i have heard that they may start once agin sending out the NOIR letter.

so what do you do at this point? try to relax. keep in touch with your fiance. send the release to your reps so they can make an inquiry for you at the consulate. when the reps hear back and you know the reason your case was returned you will then start working on over coming the reason.

did you use a attorney to file? would you like an attorney to help you at this point of the process?

please know you are going to be waiting again. i cant tell you how long the wait could be. maybe a year maybe more. uncle sam feels if you are a legit couple you will survive the wait. casa is a high fraud consulate and many couples are picked out as frauds who really are bonavide. it happens every day.

chi

098bdb652297eb8af8222ef77903ebf5.gif

.png

Married in 04

"Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect. It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfections."

chiqa.jpg

• 1 month later...
Timeline

bump...

I'm the USC.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.