sarah and hicham

CASABLANCA

287 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Think what you want, im thru trying to explain CHI has said over and over i cant add anymore, what we felt was addressed from day one, all the papers were perfect, we followed all the rules, we had the chats, the bills, many pictures same as you all had, everything from the trip pictures with the family, pictures of the engagement party, letters from friends and family, bank letters, work letters, he had all his stuff translated, its been said over and over the way differnt people get the same treatment nothing more i can tell you will help you understand. When i know more i will post it.

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All this denial talk makes me nervous for our interview in a couple of weeks. I HATE taking pics and now I wish I would have taken so many more. Hopefully the one's we have will speak volumes. At this point, I think he has more than he needs. I don't know what more they could ask for as proof. He has the pics, the boarding passes, chats, e-mails, calling cards...(the list goes on) Do you think that since he works for the government there and has been granted visas to France and Germany that would help in amyway? Afterall, if he were looking to just leave the country, he had several chances. Since he works for the gov't he has a secure job. All in all he has a decent life there. He has no family here. He has a sister in Germany, but the rest live there in Morocco. Any thoughts from anyone?

awww, don't let these posts rattle you. If you are prepared, and your fiance is confident going in, then you have done your part. It does not hurt to be prepared for what do next should the interview not go as you hope, but at this point don;t dwell too much. You knowyour case better than anyone here. Is there some gut instinct telling you something could go wrong? Some hole in your story? Trust that instinct and be prepared as well for that (if there is something) as you can before going in.

Good luck. Hoping to see a good happy post from you after the interview.

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
All this denial talk makes me nervous for our interview in a couple of weeks. I HATE taking pics and now I wish I would have taken so many more. Hopefully the one's we have will speak volumes. At this point, I think he has more than he needs. I don't know what more they could ask for as proof. He has the pics, the boarding passes, chats, e-mails, calling cards...(the list goes on) Do you think that since he works for the government there and has been granted visas to France and Germany that would help in amyway? Afterall, if he were looking to just leave the country, he had several chances. Since he works for the gov't he has a secure job. All in all he has a decent life there. He has no family here. He has a sister in Germany, but the rest live there in Morocco. Any thoughts from anyone?

awww, don't let these posts rattle you. If you are prepared, and your fiance is confident going in, then you have done your part. It does not hurt to be prepared for what do next should the interview not go as you hope, but at this point don;t dwell too much. You knowyour case better than anyone here. Is there some gut instinct telling you something could go wrong? Some hole in your story? Trust that instinct and be prepared as well for that (if there is something) as you can before going in.

Good luck. Hoping to see a good happy post from you after the interview.

My gut is all happy feelings. Haven't been worried about it.No holes or anything of the such. Just discouraging when you see others who were just as confident getting their case returned. I have a saying that I strongly believe in, "Worry is nothing but a lack of FAITH." I honestly don't know why they would deny him, but then again none of us really do. I am looking forward to posting that happy news in a few weeks. Thanks.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Think what you want, im thru trying to explain CHI has said over and over i cant add anymore, what we felt was addressed from day one, all the papers were perfect, we followed all the rules, we had the chats, the bills, many pictures same as you all had, everything from the trip pictures with the family, pictures of the engagement party, letters from friends and family, bank letters, work letters, he had all his stuff translated, its been said over and over the way differnt people get the same treatment nothing more i can tell you will help you understand. When i know more i will post it.

I understand that you addressed everything from day 1 and that's a really good idea, but that doesn't make your red flags go away is what I am trying to say.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

ps. You did everything you could starting with sending everything and addressing everything in your petition.

Unfortunately like you said you have a couple of red flags and might have had some bumps in the interview. Good luck.

Timeline
i honestly can't think of any...but who knows what they're really thinking?

we're both around the same age, i met him in person (not online, if that even matters?), been back to see him four times under a year, lots of photos, lots of proof we've met, photos with his family, i'm not obese or unattractive, he has no family or friends in the us, i've never sent him money, ummmm what else is there?

You need to address the religion issue, you know who this is.

01/2006 - Filed k1(1st time)

04/2006 - Interview (1st time) denied

Waited, waited...... no review

06/2009 - Filed k1 (2nd time)

09/2009 - NOA 2 approved

12/2009 - Interview (2nd time) APPROVED! VISA ISSUED

02/2010 - Arrived USA

04/2010 - Married

AOS Timeline

4/19/2010-Sent to Chicago Lockbox

4/26/2010-Received texts and emails 7th day

4/30/2010-Received NOA's(Hardcopies) 11th day

5/3/2010-Received ASC appointment notice(mailed 4/29/2010)14th day

5/7/2010-Walk-in Biometrics done(2 weeks earlier)18th day

5/13/2010-Case transferred to CSC

6/2/2010- Case received/resumed at CSC

6/18,6/22,6/23 AOS touches

6/28/2010- EAD production and touch on AP

6/29/2010-AOS APPROVED

7/2/2010- 2nd update on EAD production and touched on AP....

7/6/2010- Received "Welcome Letter" and AP document

7/12/2010-Received GREEN CARD and EAD

greencard.jpg

Timeline

we're both around the same age, i met him in person (not online, if that even matters?), been back to see him four times under a year, lots of photos, lots of proof we've met, photos with his family, i'm not obese or unattractive, he has no family or friends in the us, i've never sent him money, ummmm what else is there?

Hey Leila good to see you back...

Jen, I think that multiple visits are very important and definitely work to your advantage also. Your case appears to me very solid but then again I am not CO in Casa.

Best of luck...I will be cheering for your fiance in MAY!

Dorothy

Citizenship (N-400)

09/15/2009 - Application mailed to Texas Lockbox

09/17/2009 - Delivered to the Lockbox

09/21/2009 - Check cashed

09/24/2009 - NOA dated 9/18/09

09/26/2009 - RFE mailed out dated 9/25 (biometrics notice)

10/14/2009 - Biometrics completed

01/01/2010 - finally an update - awaiting interview letter

02/08/2010 - interview (Garden City, NY) -- PASSED

03/03/2010 - Oath Ceremony in Brooklyn

03/13/2010 - U.S. Passport in hand

DONE!!!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I understand that you addressed everything from day 1 and that's a really good idea, but that doesn't make your red flags go away is what I am trying to say.

oh i so disagree!!!

a red flag is just a signal to pay attention. that is all!

dictionary definition=red flag

warning signal: a flag waved as a danger signal or a command to stop

Something that demands attention or provokes an irritated reaction.

ok say you have a red flag or two. the CO then can ask the beneficiary to clarify them. if it is not done to the CO's satisfaction, then he may have some reason to return to case. BUT and this is a biggie>> the CO MUST have found CONCRETE evidence to return a case. he cannot rely on suspicion or readjudicate a petiton!

however this practice is not being done. the practice seems to be to they review the case prior to the interview, make a decision and then just have a 5 minute interview, ask a few questions, dont bother looking at any of the proof brought to the interview and then simply return the case based on suspicion.

look there is no way you will ever change what you believe Sarah. you have not been through the denial process and there is much to learn about it. how can those of us who have been denied even begin to explain what is going on when we ourselves dont know since the governmant keeps us in the dark and we are considered guilty until we prove ourselves innocent.

we didnt ask to get denied. there is no info available on how denied cases are dealt with. for goodness sake even congressman and senators have no clue as to the process. as a matter of fact there are many who dont know a petition can be sent back by DOS!!!

i mean if you want to know more you can do the research that those of us have done to try and find out what is going on. i could send you link after link on the info i have. i could post more and more info here. but in the end i do not think you will change your view. you have made up your mind that the couples who have been denied have done something wrong or made an error or have red flags that dont go away.

i agree there is nothing more that can be said to give you the understanding you lack about denied cases. it is just a choice one makes to believe or not to believe. i understand you are trying to be helpful, but a lot of your comments are not very helpful or polite. while i understand you are not here to be nice or polite, please try to understand the stress and horror these couples are going through. they are suffering so much. if only for one reason>>>

IF WE ONLY KNEW WHY WE WERE DENIED.

that in and of itself would be so helpful. someone made a comment that they maybe dont tell us cuz that would perhaps blow their case against us. well duh, even criminals know what they are charged with.

if we are denied due to the validity of the relationship, this info can be given to us. why would that hurt the case against us? no instead we have to have our reps pry this info out of them. and then when the NOIR comes, we still dont get to know what we FAILED to do or not do. still we are in the dark. we respond to the charges against us blindly.

i could go on and on sarah but i feel it is such a waste of time. i want to be a help to those in need. not those who feel we are blaming or bashing consulates. the bottom line is abuse DOES happen. i am so sorry you find it difficult to believe. the couples are so tired of trying to explain their situation. this is why Kiyah has a support group especially for them. it is a haven away from such remarks as we are we old, ugly, fat, short relationship, made errors, didnt talk on the phone long enough or met on line, or he has a sister or cousin here and so on and so on.

have a good day. i mean no ill or disrespect to you at all.

chi

098bdb652297eb8af8222ef77903ebf5.gif

.png

Married in 04

"Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect. It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfections."

chiqa.jpg

Timeline

that in and of itself would be so helpful. someone made a comment that they maybe dont tell us cuz that would perhaps blow their case against us. well duh, even criminals know what they are charged with.

If you're referring to my earlier post, that's not quite what I meant. If Casa details exactly what caused them to return a petition, then they would essentially be giving insight into their potential fraud identification practices. If the general public (ie. future couples going through Morocco) were to know exactly what points to fraud and they *were* a fraudulent couple, then they would know exactly how to avoid having their petition flagged for potential fraud. For example, if it were released that Casa scrutinizes in much more detail those couples who met online, then people would begin to lie and say that they met on vacation. That might not be the best example, but I think you get my drift. It's not that releasing specific information would blow their case against you, but rather it would give too many clues to people who *are* trying to defraud the system. I mean, they know that people talk and that there are websites like this one where people share their experiences.

I don't know if you've seen yet aicha's thread regarding the reason's for their denial, it seems that she was actually given some specific information. I have no idea why some people are given more specific reasons than others. But in the end, I think that the information she shared is a lot more insightful and useful for other couples (fraudulent and otherwise) than just a general statement that they don't like relationships with age differences, for instance.

Sorry if that is unclear. My brain is fried from studying. :P

Timeline

If you're referring to my earlier post, that's not quite what I meant. If Casa details exactly what caused them to return a petition, then they would essentially be giving insight into their potential fraud identification practices. If the general public (ie. future couples going through Morocco) were to know exactly what points to fraud and they *were* a fraudulent couple, then they would know exactly how to avoid having their petition flagged for potential fraud. For example, if it were released that Casa scrutinizes in much more detail those couples who met online, then people would begin to lie and say that they met on vacation. That might not be the best example, but I think you get my drift. It's not that releasing specific information would blow their case against you, but rather it would give too many clues to people who *are* trying to defraud the system. I mean, they know that people talk and that there are websites like this one where people share their experiences.

I don't know if you've seen yet aicha's thread regarding the reason's for their denial, it seems that she was actually given some specific information. I have no idea why some people are given more specific reasons than others. But in the end, I think that the information she shared is a lot more insightful and useful for other couples (fraudulent and otherwise) than just a general statement that they don't like relationships with age differences, for instance.

Sorry if that is unclear. My brain is fried from studying. :P

no offence meant by my post. :blush:

i just remember it and posted my thoughts about it. i understand what you are saying though.

i was thinking more along the lines of>>

SORRY WE CANNOT ISSUE A VISA DUE TO YOU NOT ESTABLISHING A VALID RELATIONSHIP.

then there is that little guideline tib bit that says the CO can offer help in overcoming his findings...which casa does not do at all.

no, i have not read aicha's post. i have been in personal contact with her though. it appears that the CO felt her husband did not communicate well enough in English so BINGO...case returned...all of this info transpired in 10 minutes or so.

in our case, the CO must have already decided to return our case prior to the interview. my senator was told that my husband 'did not establish that we have a valid relationship'. hmmmm the CO never asked for him to provide proof! my husband was ready and waiting to show him.

chi

what does that mean?

chi

.png

Married in 04

"Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect. It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfections."

chiqa.jpg

Timeline

I'm just going to add my opinion.

I think phone records and photos are very important. When my husband had his interview, the CO looked through every single phone bill, page by page, asking him what his phone # was and if he had any other #'s. She also looked through his entire album of photos at every picture. At first she did not want to look, but he made her look.

Like everyone else, I would recommend your evidence of on-going relationship be as up to date as possible at the time of your interview.

Good luck to all with upcoming interviews! :luv:

goCsm4.png

photo22-1-1.jpg

AF3Cm5.png

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline
i've met quite a few people who's husbands didn't speak english at the time of their interview...... that isn't good enough reason. ugh

You are correct -- it's not a requirement to speak English at the interview.

What IS required is to prove that the petitioner and beneficiary share a common language in which to communicate. For some, it's Arabic, or French, or Italian.... or whatever -- you just have to demonstrate that you both are fluent in the same language.

But for many of the cases that we've seen here in ME/NA on VJ, the petitioner speaks only English with any fluency. That means the beneficiary has to show that he/she can also communicate sufficiently well in English. Having the interview in English is the best way to prove that.

(F)

-MK

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

what does that mean?

chi

she thinks because we are of different religion that it will cause a problem at the interview. but again, i've met people here who are of different religion from their spouse and had no problems...

on the language note:

thank god my emails are in french, proving i speak french, because my fiance is not fluent in english and i recommended he do his interview in french.

Edited by abdounjen

"It's far better to be alone than wish you were." - Ann Landers

world-map.jpg

Timeline

what does that mean?

chi

she thinks because we are of different religion that it will cause a problem at the interview. but again, i've met people here who are of different religion from their spouse and had no problems...

on the language note:

thank god my emails are in french, proving i speak french, because my fiance is not fluent in english and i recommended he do his interview in french.

oh ok

i dont think religion is a problem.

now the speaking French is great!!

best wishes!

chi

.png

Married in 04

chiqa.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.