sarah and hicham

CASABLANCA

287 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
i honestly can't think of any...but who knows what they're really thinking?

we're both around the same age, i met him in person (not online, if that even matters?), been back to see him four times under a year, lots of photos, lots of proof we've met, photos with his family, i'm not obese or unattractive, he has no family or friends in the us, i've never sent him money, ummmm what else is there?

you sound good to go!!!

if you would feel better providing more info that was not included with you original petition, do so. the more proofs the better. the CO may never look at them, but it is always wise to have them.

chi

Can I ask what your red flags are?

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
i honestly can't think of any...but who knows what they're really thinking?

we're both around the same age, i met him in person (not online, if that even matters?), been back to see him four times under a year, lots of photos, lots of proof we've met, photos with his family, i'm not obese or unattractive, he has no family or friends in the us, i've never sent him money, ummmm what else is there?

you sound good to go!!!

if you would feel better providing more info that was not included with you original petition, do so. the more proofs the better. the CO may never look at them, but it is always wise to have them.

chi

Can I ask what your red flags are?

i dont think she has any Sarah

chi

098bdb652297eb8af8222ef77903ebf5.gif

.png

Married in 04

"Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect. It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfections."

chiqa.jpg

I think meeting online does matter to Casa. Many many coples who have met online do get the visa, but that does not mean it is not a factor in the minds of the COs. Casa knows there cyber cafes are full with men looking for marriages as a way out of Morocco. I think we can all agree that not all are sincere marriages.

Alot of attention is paid to the red flags identified in high fraud consualtes but I believe there are more to red flags than a generic list. Each consulate is likely to have identified common characteristics of fraud cases unique to their own country.

I think the trick to successfully manuevering through all of this is to have the ability to look at your evidence from the eye of the consulate and not your own eye. What does the evidence say to them? They know nothing of you. I think the pictures are extrememly important. After all the chat logs, the emails, the phone records prove nothing really. Photos are worth a 1000 words. And there are clues in the photos that may not be apparent to our eye.

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

ahmed took a complet album, i might add a very nice album, did it help, no... 12 would have been maybe 2 or 3 pages of ours

also we did first start to talk on the computer but in his home, he doesnt go to the cafes like alot do but of course he didnt get to explain that small detail

Edited by brnidokiegurl

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

Timeline

Photos are worth a 1000 words. And there are clues in the photos that may not be apparent to our eye.

i agree totally!!! we had a huge photo album filled with picture (at least 100+) of us and us with his friends and family. did the CO want to see them???

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

chi

.png

Married in 04

"Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect. It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfections."

chiqa.jpg

speaking of photos...how many new photos should my fiance include at the interview. i think i sent 12...good? or more? i can always email more.

Send more. But only worry about the ones in which you are together in the same photo or you with his family members and friends. Remember that they can always ask to see more if they are not satisfied with what you bring. They did that to us. Butter to have them on hand than to go back again.

erfoud44.jpg

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

Timeline

Butter to have them on hand than to go back again. :lol: better watch for the spelling cop

TIMELINE

-------------

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

Timeline
ahmed took a complet album, i might add a very nice album, did it help, no... 12 would have been maybe 2 or 3 pages of ours

also we did first start to talk on the computer but in his home, he doesnt go to the cafes like alot do but of course he didnt get to explain that small detail

Why would it matter if he goes to cafes or not? He can just as easily chat it up with women at home.

I thought I read somewhere that your fiance was asked if you sent him money... and he said yes, and also if he talks to other women or something along those lines. Can you repeat what happened that might had led to your denial?

Timeline

He had talked to others same as many have done clue being HAD i have talked also to others all over the world doest mean we rush right out to meet and marry. Hes doesnt hang out trying to catch a wife in the cafes, even still his brothers at home dont either. I sent money one time and he returned the money when i went to visit but she never listened to hear the complete story. He works he never even will ask his family for money and paid all his expenses of medical, translation, visa fee, hotel room, bus etc . I have heard stories of others giving money all the time he not only doesnt need but would not accept that from a woman. THere is no reason that i know of to tell you im sure he is not the first or the last to be on the computer, he is not the first or last to get money. He is well educated with a degree,etc this is just something i doubt if you will ever understand since you didnt have to go thru it. Again we are not the first to be denied do a little searching and learn then you will see, everything that has been told is the way it is. When im given a reason i will gladly say what it is.

TIMELINE

-------------

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

Timeline
He had talked to others same as many have done clue being HAD i have talked also to others all over the world doest mean we rush right out to meet and marry. Hes doesnt hang out trying to catch a wife in the cafes, even still his brothers at home dont either. I sent money one time and he returned the money when i went to visit but she never listened to hear the complete story. He works he never even will ask his family for money and paid all his expenses of medical, translation, visa fee, hotel room, bus etc . I have heard stories of others giving money all the time he not only doesnt need but would not accept that from a woman. THere is no reason that i know of to tell you im sure he is not the first or the last to be on the computer, he is not the first or last to get money. He is well educated with a degree,etc this is just something i doubt if you will ever understand since you didnt have to go thru it. Again we are not the first to be denied do a little searching and learn then you will see, everything that has been told is the way it is. When im given a reason i will gladly say what it is.

well my dear, should you ever get that reason...SHOUT it out to the world!!!!!!!

umm, never did get the reason we were denied...just the words >>>>>

the CO found that the beneficiary was not eligable for the benefit sought.

now, once again...what does that mean?????

is it a secret????

must be.

i wish you the best! (F)

chi

.png

Married in 04

chiqa.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I'm just thinking out loud here, and of course it's not fair to the couple that has to suffer through it, but it kind of makes sense that they wouldn't tell you exactly what it was that made them send the petition back. If they did, then word would get out about how exactly they were determining potential fraud cases, and it would defeat the whole purpose, no?

The Consulates are not required to give an explict reason for the return of the petition because they are not in fact denying it. (okay we all know it is a denial, but this is legal language). I am sure Casa has a list of criteria that they use to rate cases. I believe that the case is rated before the interview based on the evidence sent in with the original petition.

If I were to guess i would say they look at the time line and circumstances of meeting more than any other red flag. The photos seem to play a key role as well- giving subtle clues to the consulate. The consulate sees 100s of cases. We only see our own petition and know from what others say here. How many red flags exist for Casa that we may not be aware of.

The job of the consulate is to determine if fraud is suspected. Sometimes good legitimate couples will get caught in this. I know one couple who is facing this right now. No one is more legitimate than this couple, but they got caught in the wide net cast by the consulate.

I dont think anyone is arguing that the is a need for reform and accountablity, but there is just too much we do not now about the process.

erfoud44.jpg

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

Timeline

What can't I understand? I went through the same exact process as you did, however I didn't have any red flags. The outcome is different but I see women on here every week talking about their denials and I have read every thread about denials and petitions being sent back to USCIS. I think those who are denied should evaluate their situation and try to think of reasons they were denied before being totally bitter against Casa.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

All this denial talk makes me nervous for our interview in a couple of weeks. I HATE taking pics and now I wish I would have taken so many more. Hopefully the one's we have will speak volumes. At this point, I think he has more than he needs. I don't know what more they could ask for as proof. He has the pics, the boarding passes, chats, e-mails, calling cards...(the list goes on) Do you think that since he works for the government there and has been granted visas to France and Germany that would help in amyway? Afterall, if he were looking to just leave the country, he had several chances. Since he works for the gov't he has a secure job. All in all he has a decent life there. He has no family here. He has a sister in Germany, but the rest live there in Morocco. Any thoughts from anyone?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.