6 months, +/- 5 months.

Yes.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

As others have said, it's a long and frustrating ride. All you can do is start to gather the other information needed for your actual Visa application.

event.png

07.22.2011 Met the other half of my soul for first time In the US
06.08.2012 Got engaged
08.01.2012 I-129F submitted
08.07.2012 NOA1 received
04.18.2013 RFE email & Txt

04.24.2013 RFE email & Txt again!

04.28.2013 RFE hard copy rec'vd

05.03.2013 RFE response mailed to CSC

05.06.2013 RFE response received at CSC

05.09.2013 NOA2 text!!!!!!

05.13.2013 NOA2 Hard Copy received YAY!!!!

07.24.2013 Date of Packet 4

07.26.2013 Received packet 4

08.30.2013 Interview at London Embassy

APPROVED!!!!! YAY YAY YAY!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

My time from NOA1 to NOA2 was 180 days. Expect it to be about 6 months. Those average dates at the end of your timeline are approximates. My went up and down quite a bit near the end, but ended up getting the NOA2 over a week before the dates actually told me to expect it.

The best thing I could do was just forget about it. Distract yourself. You can start preparing for Packet 3, but maybe wait till month 4-5 for that lol.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

So like almost everyone here I also filed my I-129F back in Jan 19th. Got NOA1 (hardcopy) Jan 25th. And the wait time continues, on and on and on and on. Anybody else file Jan of 2013? Anybody knows how long will it take to get my NOA2? Country is Dominican Republic. Any answer is greatly appreciated!

http://goo.gl/jKjgL

Follow that link to see what current approvals are like. Check it frequently to see real-time updates about what the service centers are doing. Keep calm, and stay busy getting ready for you and your sweetheart's new life here in the US, and best of luck!

Edited by DavidLovesPheap

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

So like almost everyone here I also filed my I-129F back in Jan 19th. Got NOA1 (hardcopy) Jan 25th. And the wait time continues, on and on and on and on. Anybody else file Jan of 2013? Anybody knows how long will it take to get my NOA2? Country is Dominican Republic. Any answer is greatly appreciated!

I am also a Jan 2013 filer. After going through all the communication related to the "duration" for K1 visa, I have decided to sit quietly & patiently till the next communication arrives from USCIS. That is the best solution I have found so far. There absolutely no point in wasting your energy on worrying about the time span.

The thing called 'Waiting'. :)

God bless your visa journey!

Proverbs 3:5-6

Trust in the Lord with all your heart

and lean not on your own understanding;

in all your ways submit to Him,
and He will make your paths straight.

In GOD we trust. † = ♥

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Check out the existing waiting times among VJ members, then you will form your own hypothesis.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

FWIW, my estimate says:

Last month, it said "between January 20 and February 12". So this shows you how much to count on the estimates.

Estimates are just estimates based on data provided by others, the more data the better the estimates, the less data ...well you know it. That said, each case is really different; USCIS and DOS work in mysterious ways. When we were in the waiting club, we decided to suspend logic and common sense on the part of USCIS and DOS; and we slept better. The wait we had is now just a distant memory. We used the time to plan the move, and other things that we would need to do upon her arrival, as well as possible get together in her country or a third country, in the case processing would take longer, for example, we had decided on a vacation together at month 4 and then at month 8, if we didn't have the visa (we were on a K-1).

Good luck

Edited by Gosia & Tito

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

we really don't want to make you disappointed, but after reading this

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/419943-csc-case-transfers-to-tcs-doesnt-help-here-is-why/page__gopid__6052030

it is really difficult to maitain ourselves peaceful.we were hoping that CSC got speed up, which seems like they are taking some method to go back to the processing time, but now it seems like NO, CSC keep accepting DACA cases,which will just be more and more. :wacko:

it's a cruel reality, what shall we do?

Hi,

More or less you should be receiving something by June 5 Months away from NCOA 1. It take a while and the wait is the hardest. Good Luck!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

We filed in Vermont in Aug 2012. Received an RFE late Feb and still waiting for NOA2. I don't want to get your hopes up, but I have heard that they work faster in the springtime. Has anyone else heard this?

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.