29 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Submit your DD-214

Submit your DD-214

My fiance has been retired from the Army since Oct 2010. Is there any chance that can help our process? We are July filers and asked our senator/congressman's assistance plus we also submit service request. So far, we still don't hear any good news from USCIS.

"The best love is the kind that awakens the soul and makes us reach for more,
that plants a fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds.
And that's what you've given me. That's what I'd hoped to give you forever."
- Nicholas Sparks, The Notebook

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

congrats :D my fiance is active marine but they say it doesn't do anything to make our process faster. its been 4months tomorrow since we got our noa 1 hope and pray we get our noa2 soon. good luck to all

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

:thumbs: haha, thank u for filling your timeline .i saw your review on timeline comment before come to here! so i did a post at your space, saying that to think CSC is with Sep or Oct is too optimistic :( this is what i told to my Fiance yesterday, after the workload transfer, they really just start to speed up, not like VSC, 1 month ago, so CSC are actually still with July Aug.cases, obviously, oct. Nov. Dec. Jan or even Sep.cases which had already completed the average 5 months, are priority cases due to military or other reasons, so unfortunetly, you just confirm what i was thinking, EVEN sep. done cases are with some priority, not normal cases. :crying:

i'm also concerning, the DACA started this march, so what was the reason to slow K1,2,3 cases down from last november till february? at least to January.

Anyway, thank u for your kindly and very useful words here :thumbs: and of course, congratulations!

Found out NOA 2 Sent March 12. A few words based on my experience at this point and observations.

1. Processing times on USCIS or VisaJourney websites are overly optimistic. The effective implementation of the DREAM act last August is dragging things out by months. Look at the percentage of filings processed for July, August and September. They do not coincide with any estimate of processing times. When USCIS pulled my case for processing it took them 3 days to approve it.

2. If you are active duty military or even retired military (not just a veteran) be sure to let USCIS know that. With proof like a copy of your ID card. It does make a difference.

3. If you met someone on a website, don't worry about it too much. And yes, you should admit it on the petition. If the relationship looks legit, they will approve the petition.

Edited by David&Xin

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline

i'm also concerning, the DACA started this march, so what was the reason to slow K1,2,3 cases down from last november till february? at least to January.

DACA started in late August last year. Not just this March. So there was your reason. But CSC is transferring lots of them to TSC now, so hopefully they will catch up a bit. OP is a September NOA1, wow! Congrats. Hopefully in the next couple of weeks the logjam will begin breaking up.

z50cde4ba94e6b.gif

Our Journey
6/13/2012 Sent I-129F package
6/14/2012 NOA1 --> California Service Center
9/25/2012 NOA2
10/01/2012 NOA2 Hardcopy received
10/01/2012 NVC Received
10/19/2012 Left NVC
11/30/2012 Picked-up Packet from Local Post Office
01/16/2013 Medical
01/23/2013 Interview - In AP

09/24/2013 Visa picked-up from DOMEX
10/10/2013 POE Ft. Lauderdale

10/28/2013 Applied for Social Security Number

01/01/2014 WEDDING IN LAS VEGAS

heart_28.gif

My fiance has been retired from the Army since Oct 2010. Is there any chance that can help our process? We are July filers and asked our senator/congressman's assistance plus we also submit service request. So far, we still don't hear any good news from USCIS.

I'm not aware that retired Military could receive special services from the USCIS. However, if you need evidence that he was in the Military you can submit their DD-214. Tell him thanks so much for having served our Nation. Maybe some other senior members will jump in on this post.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.