knight_owl

How do I send my fiancee back to her country?

71 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Get rid of her butt asap! Kick her out of the house already!

The longer you let her stay, the angrier you're going to get, moreso when reality starts setting in and you won't take the disrespect any longer.

You're only setting yourself up for your own stupidity.

Edited by dmartmar

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
I know this sounds a bit extreme (I can't even believe I'm suggesting this... it might even be illegal!!) but as a last resort just wait until she leaves the house, pack her bags, change the locks and when she comes home just have a taxi drive her to the airport with a ticket in hand and some cash for food....whatever she does from then on it's up to her.

Yes, that is illegal.

knight_owl, what has she said SHE wants to do?

Her immigration situation is HER problem--don't jeoprodize yourself by trying to 'force' her to leave the US.

That apartment is likely her legal home as well as yours no matter whose name is on the lease. If you get into throwing her out, you may be handing over just the DV evidence she wants.

Proceed with caution.

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

I know this sounds a bit extreme (I can't even believe I'm suggesting this... it might even be illegal!!) but as a last resort just wait until she leaves the house, pack her bags, change the locks and when she comes home just have a taxi drive her to the airport with a ticket in hand and some cash for food....whatever she does from then on it's up to her.

Yes, that is illegal.

knight_owl, what has she said SHE wants to do?

Her immigration situation is HER problem--don't jeoprodize yourself by trying to 'force' her to leave the US.

That apartment is likely her legal home as well as yours no matter whose name is on the lease. If you get into throwing her out, you may be handing over just the DV evidence she wants.

Proceed with caution.

It's a rented apartment. That's why I suggested discussing it with the landlord/apartment managers. They may even have rules against "guests" who aren't on the lease staying there after x-amount of time.

You can't change the locks on a rented apartment either. And I agree. "Throwing her out" could play into a VAWA waiver.

As I've mentioned elsewhere, I closed the garage door with my ex- outside (the back door was OPEN!) and she marched off down the street to a policeman's house and told them "he throws me away from house!".

I found this out when two officers came to my door on a domestic disturbance call because of her actions. They said that even threatening her, such as even SAYING to her "I'm going to throw your @ss out of here once and for all!" could be construed as a violent act, and I could have been charged, had I made such a statement, much less laid a hand on her or attempted to throw her out physically.

Proceed with major caution. Been there, done that, and was going to make damn sure not to wear a "Municipal Jail" t-shirt... or hand her a VAWA waiver.

Again, this is a rented domicile. CHECK WITH THE LANDLORD or PROPERTY MANAGER before you do anything rash... they may actually be able to help you with this, as I am ~sure~ they know the laws in your state for "evicting" unwanted tenants from a leased apartment.

-- Dan

Get rid of her butt asap! Kick her out of the house already!

The longer you let her stay, the angrier you're going to get, moreso when reality starts setting in and you won't take the disrespect any longer.

You're only setting yourself up for your own stupidity.

If you bother to read my previous post... even just making a THREAT to "throw her out" can be construed as an act of violence, dmartmar, according to the local police.

Do you want this guy just to hand her a VAWA waiver, or perhaps we should find a calmer solution to getting her to leave?

Following your advice and he could be indeed "setting himself up for his own stupidity" and he might find himself cooling his heels in a detention cell while she has the keys to the place...

As I mentioned, I got a visit from the local police SIMPLY FOR CLOSING A GARAGE DOOR, all she had to do was CLAIM to them "he throws me away from house!" and they were there on a Domestic Disturbance.

-- Dan

Edited by PurrSuede

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Syria
Timeline

me personally i would say...honey lets go on vacation to england and then take her and oooops when u come back she cant get past immigration with her k-1 and then u know she wont be coming back. give her a ticket back home and be done with her.

me personally i would say...honey lets go on vacation to england and then take her and oooops when u come back she cant get past immigration with her k-1 and then u know she wont be coming back. give her a ticket back home and be done with her.

As a K-1, you know of course, they don't have advance parole... so I'm sure somewhere along the lines the airlines would check her passport/visa and likely advise her that re-entry was not possible... probably before she even boarded...

-- Dan

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

As a K-1, you know of course, they don't have advance parole... so I'm sure somewhere along the lines the airlines would check her passport/visa and likely advise her that re-entry was not possible... probably before she even boarded...

-- Dan

ha ha ha ha! You're joking, right Dan?

CIS wouldn't even tell her; they issue AP even if the person "should not" use it.

No one will ask about her re-entry abilities at departure from the US.

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

-- Dan

CIS wouldn't even tell her; they issue AP even if the person "should not" use it.

well hell... too late to go back in time and get rid of my ex- that way??? LOL

:diablo:-Dan

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

-- Dan

I think I'd have a difficult time keeping a straight face as we boarded the plane. ;)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Mexico would work out just as well, or Canada.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
So, it would be like, "honey, how would you like to go to Mexico for the weekend and try to work things out?" :hehe:

While this is a novel idea, you need to make sure it is to a country that she does not require a entry visa (such as the Dominican Republic) or to a country where a visa is easily obtainable....

YMMV

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
How can any action play into a VAW Atc if they're not even married yet?

I can't be sure but I think VAWA stands for Violence Against Women Act not Violence Against Married Women Act.... I should go check though.....

YMMV

I was in this exact situation back in 2004. She was here, we weren't married, and it wasn't working out between us.

I told her we couldn't marry and I gave her the choices.

I'll buy you a plain ticket home.

Or you can move out and do everything for your self without my help, you will be an illegal alien, deportable, and on top of all that you will get a 3 or 10 year travel band to the USA once they catch you (assuming they caught her more than 6 months past her visa expire date).

I was very civil to her, I made sure I never touched her in any way that could be perceived as domestic violence. I didn't even tell her she had to be out that day or the next, I would give her a month to find a new place to live before I would take legal actions to have her removed 'legally' (evicted) from my house.

She was a decent person and thought about it for a day. Then she got *really* nice to me for a couple days trying to get me to change my mind, then she finally gave up and asked for the ticket home.

10 days later I took her to the airport and watched her get on a plane goodbye.

The best thing that can happen to you is A, she goes home, or B, she moves in with someone else. At that point you're 100% done with her, the rest is her problem. If she stays in the states but moves out GET IT DOCUMENTED! Pay to have the locks changed, that way she can't produce a key to the door.

Protect yourself... be nice, always be calm and don't lose your cool. Check into your states law about evicting a non relative from your place or residence (in most states you can evict someone even if you don't own the building, you're the one leasing and you have rights.) Google 'evict roommate' and your state. In OHIO I would have had to take on formal eviction proceedings ($100 and 15 days to complete), in NY all you have to do is deliver it in writing 30 days prior to wanting the roommate out. It all depends on your state.

The hardest thing to do is to remember your apt and the things in it are just that, things. They aren't worth getting in trouble for, so worst case be prepared to walk away and live someone else while the eviction moves forward. You can always strike first if you know it's going to be bad. Move everything out while she is gone one day and live with a friend for a month or 2.

I prepared for the worst once I made the decision she had to go... but it really turned out to be an easy thing.

Best of luck..

I-129F

11-28-05 Petition Sent

11-29 Arrived at Nebraska

12-02 Check Cashed - LIN Receipt # On Check :-)

12-02 NOA1 via internet

12-05 NOA1 snail mail

12-13 NOA2 via internet (day 14)

12-16 Email: Petition Forward to Dept. Of State

12-17 NOA2 snail mail

02-22-06 Interview passed, K1 Visa approved.

02-24 Visa arrived

04-14 Arrive in America.. SHE'S HERE!

07-07 Married :-)

AOS, EAD, AP

07-14-06 Sent all 3

07-16 Delivery Confirmed (NOA's dated 07-16)

07-24 3 NOA's in the mail box. (MSC #s not online for a long time!)

07-29 Biometrics letter

08-08 Biometrics Complete.

08-28 RFE Sent For I-485??? (Sigh, this is what it takes to get your MSC # online?)

08-31 RFE Snail Mail, Missing Tax Info (which was sent the first time!)

08-31 RFE Sent back

09-08 RFE rcvd at MSC email update

09-11 Touched I-485

09-13 Touched I-485

09-21 Rcvd AOS appt letter

10-18 Sent 'Status Inquiry' snail mail about EAD/AP not online and not approved.

10-28 AP/EAD FINALLY show online... 106 days. Not complete!

10-28 AP/EAD/AOS touched.

10-31 AP/EAD/AOS touched

11-03 11-07 11-11 and 11-13 EAD touched.

11-15 Day 123 (Day 68 since the RFE) EAD approved 11-14 email! AP still waiting.

11-16 10 AM Aos approved, 2 weeks to the green card we hope!

11-16 2PM EAD card in the mail.

11-17 Email "Welcome letter"

11-20 Welcome letter in Mail

11-27 Another "Welcome" email dated 11-27, changed from 11-17

11-29-06 GC in Mail, Were done for 1.75 years!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.