dmck

Interview for K1 in resident country, not home country

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uzbekistan
Timeline

Hi VJ'ers,

I tried to find some posts to help us understand if there is something we need to do or file to allow our K1 visa interview to occur in a different country. My fiance is working in the middle east (with resident permit), but she is a Russian with Uzbekistan passport. She is going to work till the visa is issued, so we wanted to have the interview in the country she is working in, as opposed to resigning and returning to Uzbekistan. Anybody know if there is something we need to file other than what we listed as her residence in the 129F?

thanks as always!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

On the I129f it asks which consulate or embassy the beneficiary will be interviewing at. As long as she has a resident permit for the country she will do the interview in, it will be ok. She will have to obtain a police report from her home country as well as the resident country at the time of interview.

08/01/12-Married08/17/12-Applied for Social Security Card09/23/12-Husband received his Social Security card!09/27/12-Filed AOS09/28/12-AOS package received10/01/12-Text message from USCIS10/03/12-Check cashed10/09/12-NOA1 for I485,I765,I131 AND Biometrics Appointment Letter10/24/12-Biometrics Appointment12/11/12-EAD and AP Approved-75 days12/14/12-EAD/AP Card Production ordered12/21/12-EAD/AP Card came in the mail06/22/13-Green Card Approved06/27/13-Greed Card Production Ordered06/29/13-Green Card came in the mail<p>

04/09/15-Mailed ROC

04/10/2015-Package received

04/14/2015-Check cashed

06/02/2015-Called Service Center (still no NOA1) Service request found out wrong address on paperwork! :(

06/03/2015-Called to get address updated Ar11 online add change didnt work-got infopass for June 10th

06/10/2015-Went to info pass appt. Hubby got a 1yr. Extension stamp in his passport and biometrics done

08/12/2015-ROC Approved. Got letter in the mail.

08/29/2015-received new card in the mail.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uzbekistan
Timeline

Thats it? Great! We already indicated that on the 129F. We have police clearance from UZB and Qatar. I was wondering if we somehow needed to "prove" her resident permit in Qatar.

• 1 year later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

i'm in similar situation and i just filed my 129f. On the 129f form I listed my fiancée current living address. Can you please provide an update to let us know if they let your fiancée to be interview in a different country? Thx.

11/25/2014 I-129f mailed to Dallas Lockbox

12/04/2014 Receipt NOA 1 via email

12/10/2014 Receipt hard copy NOA 1

12/24/2014 Receipt NOA 2 via checking website

12/26/2014 Receipt hard copy NOA 2

01/20/2014 On hold for ONLY 30 min, got our case# MTL 1234....

02/10/2014 Called NVC (4 times in 3weeks) no update. Checked website in afternoon, IN TRANSIT?!!

02/11/2014 READY. After 21 days of no activity our status magically jumped 2 levels in less than 24hr.

Emailed MONTREAL-IV-DV@STATE.GOV requested further communication via email.

02/17/2014 Got an email response from MTL "Your file is being reviewed. We soon provide you instructions."

03/04/2014 Submitted multiple inquiries with no response! Tired of waiting around, so emailed in Packet 3 with copy of student visa.

03/09/2014 CEAC Status Date changed AGAIN to today. Hope this mean we'll be getting Packet 4 soon.

03/11/2014 GOT PACKET 4! CEAC Status Date changed.

04/17/2014 Interview appointment.

Yes of course,as long as you have resident permit in another country you can process your visa there,just put on the second page of 129f your fiancee present address.i am filipino citizen,i processed and got the approval in abu dhabi united arab emirates,because i worked in Dubai and i am resident there.goodluck

Edited by hardrockangel

• 1 year later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Hi All,

As an Irish Citizen currently living and working in Canada on a valid work visa.... Can I interview in Canada or do I need to Interview in Ireland?

Thank you

• 1 year later...

Hello everyone,
I am in the process for a K1 visa too. I have my medical in London in 2 weeks. I have a few doubts:

1. I am from Italy and have lived in the UK for almost 3 years now. I have all the documents necessary for my medical. I recently got from my GP the patient care summary too (AS THIS IS A NEW REQUIREMENT STARTING FROM 2017) but I was wondering whether I need my medical records from Italy too, it's not specified anywhere! (It is specified instead for criminal records).

Thanks for your help! :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 2/22/2018 at 3:28 AM, gabriele85_k1 said:

Hello everyone,
I am in the process for a K1 visa too. I have my medical in London in 2 weeks. I have a few doubts:

1. I am from Italy and have lived in the UK for almost 3 years now. I have all the documents necessary for my medical. I recently got from my GP the patient care summary too (AS THIS IS A NEW REQUIREMENT STARTING FROM 2017) but I was wondering whether I need my medical records from Italy too, it's not specified anywhere! (It is specified instead for criminal records).

Thanks for your help! :)

Please let me know how that goes for you, I am in a similar situation French citizen living in the uk as well and currently in the process of  k1 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.