Sunnyland

Almost 10 months since I filed AOS and still waiting for GC!

62 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Renewing your EAD will be free, because you have a pending AOS application. :)

I just hope I get some good news before my EAD /AP expires. Last year I had to go twice to do the fingerprints for the EAD because the first time they did it wrong!

So far no news about my case. Next week we have Info pass appointment so I HOPE somebody at the uscis local office can give me some news or something. I really appreciated those that let me know about their cases. I was thinking I was the only one going thru this miserable waiting.

I'm happy that some people get their GC faster but on the other hand I considerate it's very unfair that uscis or whoever to make others keep waiting and waiting for so long with no news.

Good luck to everyone!

I just hope I get some good news before my EAD /AP expires. Last year I had to go twice to do the fingerprints for the EAD because the first time they did it wrong!

So far no news about my case. Next week we have Info pass appointment so I HOPE somebody at the uscis local office can give me some news or something. I really appreciated those that let me know about their cases. I was thinking I was the only one going thru this miserable waiting.

I'm happy that some people get their GC faster but on the other hand I considerate it's very unfair that uscis or whoever to make others keep waiting and waiting for so long with no news.

Good luck to everyone!

How did your Info pass appointment go? (Or when is it? hope it goes ok!) keep us updated how everything went!

We are in the same boat. Wait 10+ months. We check the website everyday, and here is the update:

"On Monday, March 25, 2013, some customers were notified of delivery delays to the USCIS California Service Center (CSC). The delays were the result of a temporary closure of CSC due to plumbing issues. The CSC will remain closed on Tuesday, March, 26, 2013. Deliveries will resume once CSC reopens. We are continuing to monitor the situation and will provide updates as they become available."

Does it mean we have to wait undefined time?

:crying:

Timeline

How did your Info pass appointment go? (Or when is it? hope it goes ok!) keep us updated how everything went!

Well, well well this afternoon we had the INFO pass appointment at the local office and the lady told us that at CSC are VERY busy at the moment (her exact words were "they are dying there"). So she said she was gonna send a letter to the supervisor to request my file to be sent from CSC to the local office but it's not 100% CSC is gonna send it so to make long story short, she asked us to wait ANOTHER month!!! And then make ANOTHER info pass to see whats new! :crying: The thing is that by May is gonna be 1 year of waiting!!!!

Also she mentioned that if they send my file to the USCIS local office, then my husband and I will need to go to an AOS interview.

I'm very frustrated about the way this center and all uscis is handling this delay.

If they would have wanted to interview me and my husband, they should have done it long time ago and not making me wait almost 1 year for it. That's unfair for all the people is in similar situation. Besides my EAD is gonna expire in few months, I don't want to go to the EAD process again when its their fault all the delay.

So people, this is the news we had today. We have to keep waiting. I suggest others in same situation make an info pass so at least you can talk to someone in person.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

Well, well well this afternoon we had the INFO pass appointment at the local office and the lady told us that at CSC are VERY busy at the moment (her exact words were "they are dying there"). So she said she was gonna send a letter to the supervisor to request my file to be sent from CSC to the local office but it's not 100% CSC is gonna send it so to make long story short, she asked us to wait ANOTHER month!!! And then make ANOTHER info pass to see whats new! :crying: The thing is that by May is gonna be 1 year of waiting!!!!

Also she mentioned that if they send my file to the USCIS local office, then my husband and I will need to go to an AOS interview.

I'm very frustrated about the way this center and all uscis is handling this delay.

If they would have wanted to interview me and my husband, they should have done it long time ago and not making me wait almost 1 year for it. That's unfair for all the people is in similar situation. Besides my EAD is gonna expire in few months, I don't want to go to the EAD process again when its their fault all the delay.

So people, this is the news we had today. We have to keep waiting. I suggest others in same situation make an info pass so at least you can talk to someone in person.

:(

K1 Visa                                                                 Adjustment of Status                                                             ROC

Service Center : California Service Center                        CIS Office : Kansas City MO Service Center                           California Service Center

Consulate : Bucharest, Romania

I-129F Sent : 2011-11-18                                 Date Filed : 2012-09-04 Date                            Filed: 2015-05-26

I-129F NOA1 : 2011-11-23                                      NOA Date : 2012-09-06                                                             NOA1 Date: 2015-05-28

I-129F RFE(s) : none                                              RFE(s) : NONE                                              RFE(s): NONE

I-129F NOA2 : 2012-04-12                                                 Bio. Appt. : 2012-10-03                                                              BIO. Appt.: 2015-09-15

NVC Received : 2012-04-26

NVC Left : 2012-05-10                                           EAD/AP Approved : 2012-11-08                             ROC APPROVED:2015-10-26      

Consulate Received : 2012-05-14                               EAD/AP Card Received : 2012-11-17                         Green card Received: 2015-11-04    

Packet 3 Received : 2012-05-17                                          Green card Approved : 2013-07-08                        NO INTERVIEW

Packet 3 Sent : 2012-05-20                                                    NO INTERVIEW

Interview Date : 2012-06-26                                                 Green Card Received : 2013-07-15

Interview Result : Approved                                                 

Visa Received : 2012-06-26                                                   

US Entry : 2012-07-05

Marriage : 2012-08-24

N-400 Naturalization:

04/25/2016 N-400 sent to USCIS AZ courier address thru FedEx

05/04/2106 NOA I-797 Receipt Notice Date
05/27/2016 Fingerprints Bio-metrics appointment date
06/08/2016 E-notification of interview scheduling
06/13/2016 Received official letter regarding interview
07/18/2016 Date of Interview
08/11/2016 Date Oath Ceremony
Field Office: Kansas City, MO

event.png

Wow that's terrible! I think it would totally be unfair if they make you interview if it was transferred to the local office! That should've been done months and months ago. Hopefully it doesn't get to that. We still haven't heard anything about ours yet either and I am going to send off for my husband's EAD renewal tomorrow. I hope that they get our apps looked at soon! I can't believe that was their response :(

Timeline

Wow that's terrible! I think it would totally be unfair if they make you interview if it was transferred to the local office! That should've been done months and months ago. Hopefully it doesn't get to that. We still haven't heard anything about ours yet either and I am going to send off for my husband's EAD renewal tomorrow. I hope that they get our apps looked at soon! I can't believe that was their response :(

Yes, thats exactly what I think. If they wanted us to go to interview they should have requested it months ago. Not make me wait almost a year. When is your husband's EAD expiring? Mine expires in July so I guess if nothing happens in the next 2 months I will have to renew it, right? Does your husband has to do the fingerprints again?

I wonder if CSC already solved the plumbing problems they had last week. :crying:

Yes, thats exactly what I think. If they wanted us to go to interview they should have requested it months ago. Not make me wait almost a year. When is your husband's EAD expiring? Mine expires in July so I guess if nothing happens in the next 2 months I will have to renew it, right? Does your husband has to do the fingerprints again?

I wonder if CSC already solved the plumbing problems they had last week. :crying:

My husband's EAD also expires in July. I just mailed off the EAD renewal papers this morning. I believe you can mail in the renewal 120 days before your EAD expires. I figure, it's better safe than sorry, cuz who knows how long it will take for them to renew the EAD. I don't think the need to do the biometrics again because they are good for a year. His were in June, so we will see about that too. It's so frustrating that we have to do this in the first place!

Filed middle of June 2012 and case moved to CSC in July 2012. Filed a tier 2 service request March 21, 2013 and made an Infopass appointment a week later. Went to infopass appointment in Cleveland on March 29th and couldn't get past receptionist to actually talk to immigration officer. She said they could only see what she could on computer and they didn't have jurisdiction because case was at CSC. She did inform us that on the same day I filed tier 2 request that our case was ordered to an office to make a determination on the case. That could just be a coincidence. It was however the first time I got anywhere with a service request other than a letter back basically stating they had "limited resources and would get to it as soon as possible." Today I got an email and text that our case status was updated. I logged into case status page on USCIS web site and it says our card has been ordered into production. What I would like to know does this mean it has been approved? From what I've read on other posts I believe, and pray, it does. We had no RFE's and no interview. Good Luck Everyone Still Waiting!!!

Timeline

Filed middle of June 2012 and case moved to CSC in July 2012. Filed a tier 2 service request March 21, 2013 and made an Infopass appointment a week later. Went to infopass appointment in Cleveland on March 29th and couldn't get past receptionist to actually talk to immigration officer. She said they could only see what she could on computer and they didn't have jurisdiction because case was at CSC. She did inform us that on the same day I filed tier 2 request that our case was ordered to an office to make a determination on the case. That could just be a coincidence. It was however the first time I got anywhere with a service request other than a letter back basically stating they had "limited resources and would get to it as soon as possible." Today I got an email and text that our case status was updated. I logged into case status page on USCIS web site and it says our card has been ordered into production. What I would like to know does this mean it has been approved? From what I've read on other posts I believe, and pray, it does. We had no RFE's and no interview. Good Luck Everyone Still Waiting!!!

Congratulations guys! Yes, it means you should be getting your GC in few days. In my case I checked uscis website and no news or nothing. No update. The only thing I could find out is that my case was not touched since 27 July 2012! That was the last update in the uscis system.

This week my husband and I are calling uscis toll free number ... AGAIN (for like the 5th time) and if nothing happens, we are contacting a congressman. I guess my last resource is a congressman. That was the last thing I really wanted to do. I was hoping I would get some news.

Next month will be 1 year that I filed my papers for AOS. IS it possible that they will make me wait another year???? Anybody heard of something like that?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

How does everyone know if there case was transfered to the CSC? Where would this be displayed? The only information I received in the previous 9 months was the NOA.

The only thing our NOA stated was that our allication was sent to the National Befefits Center for Processing?

Edited by John P

Timeline

Guys, I think USCIS is playing a joke on me.

I just received an status update to my email address. They say they sent me an RFE by mail requesting more evidence!!!!

I would not be so pised off if it wasn't because I did this already last year! In June 2012 we received an RFE requesting some papers from my husband regarding the taxes and we sent it right away. Then the next update we had from them was the transfer of my case to CSC! I thought I would be approved after that but they had my case in some kind of "hold" for almost 9 months till this new update where they request MORE evidence! When I first saw the subject of the email I thought they would approve my case or at least send me to interview. I started crying for the frustration.

What else they want now???? We sent them EVERYTHIGN what was required then. Surely they want me to do the medical AGAIN. As it expired already for the long waiting! Of course my medical would be expired after waiting almost 1 year!

I will make a formal complain about this. I will have to speak to some supervisor or something.

So this are the news. Hope others have more luck.

Filed: Other Country: Ireland
Timeline

Guys, I think USCIS is playing a joke on me.

I just received an status update to my email address. They say they sent me an RFE by mail requesting more evidence!!!!

I would not be so pised off if it wasn't because I did this already last year! In June 2012 we received an RFE requesting some papers from my husband regarding the taxes and we sent it right away. Then the next update we had from them was the transfer of my case to CSC! I thought I would be approved after that but they had my case in some kind of "hold" for almost 9 months till this new update where they request MORE evidence! When I first saw the subject of the email I thought they would approve my case or at least send me to interview. I started crying for the frustration.

What else they want now???? We sent them EVERYTHIGN what was required then. Surely they want me to do the medical AGAIN. As it expired already for the long waiting! Of course my medical would be expired after waiting almost 1 year!

I will make a formal complain about this. I will have to speak to some supervisor or something.

So this are the news. Hope others have more luck.

What!? This is such bullshit!! What are they doing!? Giving people the run around at this stage!! :ranting: :ranting: :angry:

K-1 Visa Journey
08/05/2011 I-129F sent
08/09/2011 I-129F recieved and signed for by C.Viella @ Lewisville, TX
08/11/2011 NOA1 email recieved
08/12/2011 Cheque cashed by USCIS
08/16/2011 NOA1 Hard Copy recieved
12/05/2011 NOA2 Email recieved: Approved
12/09/2011 NOA2 Hard Copy recieved: Approved
01/10/2012 Medical
01/24/2012 NVC received File
01/26/2012 NVC transferred to Embassy
02/06/2012 Embassy Received
02/08/2012 Packet 3 Received
02/16/2012 Packet 3 Sent back to Embassy
02/17/2012 Embassy Received
03/01/2012 Packet 4 Received
03/13/2012 Interview Date: APPROVED
04/05/2012 POE: Dublin, Ireland

Your I-129f was approved in 116 days from your NOA1 date.
Your interview took 215 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

04/25/2012 AOS sent
04/30/2012 AOS Received and signed for by CHYBA @ Chicago, IL
05/03/2012 Cheque cashed by USCIS
05/04/2012 Biometrics letter sent
05/29/2012 I-485 transferred to CSC
06/01/2012 Biometrics appointment
07/06/2012 EAD+AP Card Production (68 days)
07/14/2012 EAD+AP Card Received

04/18/2013 Filed for EAD+AP renewal
04/19/2013 Contacted Congressman
04/19/2013 RFE for form I-693
05/06/2013 RFE response under review
05/21/2013 AOS APPROVED!
05/25/2013 Green Card IN HAND!

Your AOS was approved in 392 days from your send-date.

Timeline

Anybody heard of any AOS case that received 2 different RFE's during the AOS process? What they did not request all the "missing info" in the first RFE they sent me in June 2012??? They made me wait another 9 months to send me another RFE?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.