mamichou

CSC STILL NO SIGN

70 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Personally, I am sick of you guys assuming that we are NOT doing this. I already have all of this well in hand. Took me all of a month to get all my ducks in a row as to what steps I need to take. I will repeat it here.... IN NO WAY DO I NEED 8 MONTHS TO DO THIS TYPE OF PREPARATION.

I would prefer to proactive if I can be, especially if this will help those who come after me. Stop being an apologist for the USCIS; they do not appear to deserve it.

Then move if you don't like it here. Immigration is not a constitutional right.

It only takes 15 minutes to adjucate a proper petition. They have a multiple months backlog. Do the math. How many cases are in front of your? How Many?

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

It only takes 15 minutes to adjucate a proper petition. They have a multiple months backlog. Do the math. How many cases are in front of your? How Many?

Move?? Really? I am an American citizen! By birth! Trust me. Moving is in the cards, but only if absolutely necessary.

I HAVE done the math. Based on fees paid, USCIS has more than enough resources to cover processing of our applications. That they are not doing so is their issue not mine.

I have pointed out that I have worked for decades in public service, so I am not clueless how this works. There is no reasonable explanation for this delay.

How dare you tell me to move, though! Jesus Christ! Really? Why don't YOU move. Who are you to say such a thing? When I am criticizing a particular agency that is failing in its mission.

What is wrong with you people?

I don't want to flame anyone, but man! Really? I am appalled.

And further... you waited 3 months from NOA1 to NOA2. You have absolutely no clue what the 07/2012 and 08/2012 people are feeling. Think about that before chiming in with this type of attack.

Timeline

I need to add further stuff to this thread...

If you guys want to sit around and not speak out, knock yourselves out. I don't think this is acceptable. Not just for me, but for everyone. I at least have the wherewithall to visit my fiancee. How many don't.

The reason (in law, mind you) for the K1 visa is to NOT have a wait. Yet there is an interminable wait. They are BREAKING THE LAW. They need to be held to account.

Platitudes like "get to know your fiancee" and "plan whatever" are useless. These steps do NOT require the INTERMINABLE time that is imposed on us.

I don't know why USCIS is immune to public pressure. September 11 fears? Lack of critical mass? Lack of transparency? Whatever. Trust me. This treatment is wrong. Although I sound like a broken record, I have worked in the public sector many many years and know that it is wrong and needs to be addressed. It won't be addressed unless we make noise. So every July, August and September filer needs to be screaming their lungs out.

This weekend I will be send a general complaint letter to the the Ombudsman for DHS with copies to my congress critters. I will make it known it this letter that I realize I am only 3+ months in, but that I object to the general disregard for our family situations. I would hope that as many people as possible would join me in this effort.

Further, if it is reasonable, I will be approaching legal counsel as to the merits of this situation for a class action lawsuit. It has happened before with other agencies and in my opinion USCIS is ripe for this action.

I hope no one is offended by my strident attitude, but wake up!! This treatment is wrong. As Americans we should not stand for it.

Timeline

Tomorrow (well, today actually) I will be contacting Northwest Immigrant Rights for guidance. http://www.nwirp.org/whoweare/contactus

If you live in the Pacific Northwest, please join me in this effort. In some other part of the country, look for whatever organization covers you and do the same.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Please, please everyone stay calm. I joined this forum for help and support. I am an August 7th filer. I miss my American fiance very much and the wait is difficult. We all are getting angry, frustrated and deeply saddened at the length of time the whole process is now taking. We all have different ways of coping with our emotions. If anyone feels they need to take more direct action on their case then they have the right to do so regardless of how long they have waited. Indeed, we have called USCIS on a few occasions (gotten nowhere fast).

All I am saying is remember why we are here folks. I for one need to see happy news or constructive help right now. The wait is emotionally killing me :crying:

event.png

07.22.2011 Met the other half of my soul for first time In the US
06.08.2012 Got engaged
08.01.2012 I-129F submitted
08.07.2012 NOA1 received
04.18.2013 RFE email & Txt

04.24.2013 RFE email & Txt again!

04.28.2013 RFE hard copy rec'vd

05.03.2013 RFE response mailed to CSC

05.06.2013 RFE response received at CSC

05.09.2013 NOA2 text!!!!!!

05.13.2013 NOA2 Hard Copy received YAY!!!!

07.24.2013 Date of Packet 4

07.26.2013 Received packet 4

08.30.2013 Interview at London Embassy

APPROVED!!!!! YAY YAY YAY!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hey an Oregonian! Hi Anne.....unless your a time traveler I think you mean your a November 2012 filer. Stress gets us all lol

event.png

07.22.2011 Met the other half of my soul for first time In the US
06.08.2012 Got engaged
08.01.2012 I-129F submitted
08.07.2012 NOA1 received
04.18.2013 RFE email & Txt

04.24.2013 RFE email & Txt again!

04.28.2013 RFE hard copy rec'vd

05.03.2013 RFE response mailed to CSC

05.06.2013 RFE response received at CSC

05.09.2013 NOA2 text!!!!!!

05.13.2013 NOA2 Hard Copy received YAY!!!!

07.24.2013 Date of Packet 4

07.26.2013 Received packet 4

08.30.2013 Interview at London Embassy

APPROVED!!!!! YAY YAY YAY!!!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Thomas Jefferson stated that for a democracy to continue, some blood must be shed.

I'm all behind you guys; let me know what I can do.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

I called CSC and was advised to wait another 2 months which will put me at 8 months wait ... What do i need to do? should i consider contacting senator? I know many people are on the same boat but i really need to step up and do something

We are still waiting..... :crying:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Just telling it like it is. You guys are forgetting that they got the entire Christmas holidays off, you there's almost two weeks added....

What the heck does two weeks added for vacation have to do with 3 months of under processing applications?

Timeline

Thomas Jefferson stated that for a democracy to continue, some blood must be shed.

I'm all behind you guys; let me know what I can do.

The squeaky wheel gets the grease. I, for one, contacted my Senator's office. It has been extremely helpful since they were able to provide me more information than my calling and talking to various USCIS representatives--Tier 2, Immigration Officers--who have given me all kinds of different/same information, the run around that amounted to nothing. The Senator's office case worker was able to give me more concrete information like after five months of waiting, my file was located in the "holding room." She also emails me updates and I can call her every so often and she can look into their system to check for updates. She also talks to their USCIS contacts who gives them updates. This has been far more helpful to me than dealing with the USCIS.

So, those who are considering contacting their senators and congressmen, I would encourage you to do so. My two cents, based on my experience.

I know it is very frustrating not to be able plan. My plans have changed several times due to the delay. At least now I am with my loved one but it is a big sacrifice since I am losing income. Another hurdle I have to explain when we go for our interview. Oh well. I just have to have faith that it will all work out for the best.

Good luck to all of us.

Timeline

I don't believe they divide the petitions up like that; our public service expert should be able to tell us.

I'm not sure if they have taken staff away that normally works on I-129F', or have just assigned the processors other types of applications over I-129F's...the result is the same.

Timeline

I don't believe they divide the petitions up like that; our public service expert should be able to tell us.

I don't why you have decided to lay into me so hard. I don't think I have gone overboard, but whatever, if it makes you feel better...

I have never done any USCIS work. I worked for state agencies that manage federal programs under Title IV-A and Title IV-D of the Social Security Act. So, if you want to talk welfare or child support, I am your man.

I have no idea how USCIS divides up the workload. It is quite possible that workers specialize on certain types of petitions. It is quite possible that different teams do different workload division. That is how it is in the agencies I have worked for, so it wouldn't surprise me.

Bayareaguy's statements are based on how many estimated FTEs are dedicated to the processing, given the numbers of petitions being approved. Talking in numbers of FTEs is certainly appropriate. Whether the FTEs are actual people or simply representations of some composite time estimate.

Timeline

220 days here and what should we do?lastnite my fiancee told me guess she is getting tired of waiting these people are causing problems for us after all u said about 5months now why all this delays why?

If it were me, I would be contacting my congressional representatives to get some resolution to my case. I plan to ride herd hard on my case the day I hit 5 months, regardless of what USCIS tries to tell me is "current processing time". But definitely at 220 days. That is just ridiculous.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.