mamichou

CSC STILL NO SIGN

70 posts in this topic

CSC filer. waiting since august 6th. 214 days as of today. waiting and waiting.......hoping to hear something soon.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I just received NOA1* (woohoo!) today by text/e-mail at 2:43 pm PDT, so I have a long way to go. Hopefully, the 9/7 - 9/19 estimate for NOA2 will hold true for me; I can live with that. Maybe things will even pick up...

*Date of receipt was 3/4

02-27-2013 I-129F Packet Sent
03-03-2013 I-129F Packet Delivery
03-04-2013 NOA1 (text/email)
03-08-2013 A Number Changed
03-09-2013 Received NOA1 hardcopy
06-13-2013 Approved in 99 Days!
06-15-2013 Received NOA2 hardcopy
06-28-2013 Received MNL Case Number
07-08-2013 Manila Embassy Interview scheduled
07-22-2013 SLMEC Medical Exam Day 1
07-23-2013 SLMEC Medical Exam Day 2 - Passed!
08-31-2013 Arrived in Manila
09-02-2013 CFO - PASSED
09-03-2013 Manila Embassy Interview - APPROVED
09-05-2013 Visa Issued
09-09-2013 Visa ready for pick up at SM MOA
09-18-2013 Picked up passport and got CFO sticker

09-22-2013 Departed from Manila
10-04-2013 Fiancee departs for U.S.

Timeline

I agree, man. They need to be accountable. Based on their published processing timelines, people are making serious decisions about their lives. They need to be more transparent and try to come up with a solution to their unprocessed workload.

I, because I'm impatient, have decided to be somewhat proactive. I'm sitting at 5 months and 7 days, so I'm still within their timeline, but emailed my congressman anyway. I mentioned that the whole idea of the 129f was to 'shorten' the time to reunite loved ones. That has clearly not happened, and it has gone beyond unacceptable. I mentioned that the majority of my peers here have waited longer than me, by months!!! Let's see how the response looks if and when I get one.

I'm trying this not just for me, but for everyone here, and everyone waiting.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Actually for a September filer, 10-12 months is about right if CSC stays at the same rate they have been processing for the last few months.

But unacceptable.

Your fee dollars at work :thumbs:

What about August filers? Are they behind on them as well?

Timeline

What about August filers? Are they behind on them as well?

I would guess 8-10 months, if the slow rate holds up, maybe longer?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline

You got your NOA2 in 3 months. What gives you the moral authority to post such advice?

It's not about moral authority. He was suggesting it based on what their current processing times are, and where they seem to be going. You generally aren't going to get any special consideration unless you are out of the average processing time by more than a little bit. I think 12 is a bit long. But anything less than 8 and you will almost definitely get an answer along the lines of "please inquire again if it goes another 60 days with no action". That's all. I agree it's ridiculous.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

going 7.2 guys but still no news for us i really hope were next i wanted to have news :( finger crossed*

CSC filer. waiting since august 6th. 214 days as of today. waiting and waiting.......hoping to hear something soon.

228 days for mee :(

OH MARY CONCEIVED WITHOUT SIN, PLS PRAY FOR US WHO HAVE RECOURSE TO thee

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline

I, because I'm impatient, have decided to be somewhat proactive. I'm sitting at 5 months and 7 days, so I'm still within their timeline, but emailed my congressman anyway. I mentioned that the whole idea of the 129f was to 'shorten' the time to reunite loved ones. That has clearly not happened, and it has gone beyond unacceptable. I mentioned that the majority of my peers here have waited longer than me, by months!!! Let's see how the response looks if and when I get one.

I'm trying this not just for me, but for everyone here, and everyone waiting.

I am also considering contacting the congressman. My husband filed both i130 and i129f for K3 more than five months ago, as you said, to shorten the time we have to spend apart, but still nothing. Please let us know when you get any answer, I am really curious whether the congressman can do anything about it...

USCIS

09/14/2013 - NOA1

04/22/2013 - NOA2

NVC

04/23/2013 - NVC received case

04/29/2013 - case number and IIN

04/29/2013 - DS3032 sent

05/09/2013 - AOS bill generated and paid

05/10/2013 - AOS bill appears as PAID

05/13/2013 - AOS package sent

05/16/2013 - DS3032 accepted

05/16/2013 - AOS bill changes from PAID to NOT PAID! #######?! AOS bill paid again upon NVC rep's advice

05/20/2013 - IV bill generated and paid

05/20/2013 - IV package sent

06/12/2013 - case complete, woohoo smile.png

07/15/2013 - interview scheduled

08/06/2013 - interview

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hello there i know some people are saying theres nothing you can do but wait, however thats not always the truth i just found out that some times your case has been approved but because of glicthes or miscommunication you dont get the notice or an update...ive been approved since last year december but only found out about it on tuesday the 5....after i got a notice they are about to destroy my document so dont just sit and wait keep writing letters and submit request as often as you can....they are humans just like us and make mistakes too.

I think u are right bcos I have been having a thought like what if we are approved and is sitting somewhere and u just prove to me right.csc has cost a lot of problems for folks why?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Look. I just resigned from public service a few months ago, but I was an 18 year veteran. The last 12 were IT, but the first 6 were processing cases (I worked for the state agency that handles welfare benefits in my state, first as a financial worker, then a financial lead, and finally I worked two years in what would be the ombudsman's office for my agency). So, I have a good feel for what it means to process mountains and mountains of paperwork. But we had laws we had to follow or we would be reprimanded. There were lawsuits behind many of those laws.

Having said that, I don't understand how USCIS gets away with essentially flaunting their own regulations. I said on another thread that I wonder if we could file a class action suit to bring attention to this issue. I believe something needs to happen to get this process under better control. This kind of thing is simply not tolerated in any of the agencies I have been involved in, and I would bet that if pressure were brought to bear the same thing could be said about USCIS down the line.

One further thing in the issue of contacting or not contacting. This is what I would tell clients in my caseload about contacting me: Look, I have over 700 cases in my caseload. You only have 1 case, yours. You are much more capable of riding herd on your case, so if you feel the need to rattle my cage, do it. Luckily for my clients, I was pretty freaking good at my job (as can be inferred from my career trajectory), so they didn't have to call me too much. The bottom line is that you are the ones most familiar with your case and where it should be. Feel free to stay on top of it as much as you can.

Just my two pennies.

you are right but when are we moving on getting uscis come in and explain themselves on this waiting game in a court of law or something.all we do for now I think is talk and nothing we doing about it let's try and come together and call this people at csc in order.my pennies too

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

You got your NOA2 in 3 months. What gives you the moral authority to post such advice?

Just telling it like it is. You guys are forgetting that they got the entire Christmas holidays off, you there's almost two weeks added....

....rather than obsess over your timeline it is suggested by many that you guys focus instead on your relationship and solidify all the plans

that you need to make for your fiance(e) (and children if applicable) when they arrive in the US.

English classes set up? Children's schooling? Driver's training? Marriage plans? House remodeling? Shopping?

There's going to be much more to worry about than some little old timeline. That is what is will be.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

you are right but when are we moving on getting uscis come in and explain themselves on this waiting game in a court of law or something.all we do for now I think is talk and nothing we doing about it let's try and come together and call this people at csc in order.my pennies too

Okay, so since I am not a lawyer and have no idea what I am talking about, next step would be to consult with an attorney regarding the possibility of a class action suit. Any ideas?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Just telling it like it is. You guys are forgetting that they got the entire Christmas holidays off, you there's almost two weeks added....

....rather than obsess over your timeline it is suggested by many that you guys focus instead on your relationship and solidify all the plans

that you need to make for your fiance(e) (and children if applicable) when they arrive in the US.

English classes set up? Children's schooling? Driver's training? Marriage plans? House remodeling? Shopping?

There's going to be much more to worry about than some little old timeline. That is what is will be.

Personally, I am sick of you guys assuming that we are NOT doing this. I already have all of this well in hand. Took me all of a month to get all my ducks in a row as to what steps I need to take. I will repeat it here.... IN NO WAY DO I NEED 8 MONTHS TO DO THIS TYPE OF PREPARATION.

I would prefer to proactive if I can be, especially if this will help those who come after me. Stop being an apologist for the USCIS; they do not appear to deserve it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.