mamichou

CSC STILL NO SIGN

70 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

The one thing you should NOT do is call the USCIS phone line. They tell you that you ave got another two months because the July 18, 2012 priority date for CSC is the last one posted on the web site. You will note these are stats as of Dec 31, 2012 which is more than two months ago. They will NEVER give you more info than what is on the website. EVER. I have called for myself, I have called on behalf of clients, I have done it all and have NEVER received a single piece of info more than what I can discover on the website. If you had called today, or if you had called the day after the Dec 31 processing times were posted, they would have told you "you need to wait two months"

You can Info Pass it, but I don't think it's of much use now because as other pointed out to you, you are within the processing time frame. I know it is frustrating (My NOA1 is Sep 27 and both my fiancee and I are going crazy, she more so than I despite my best attempts to prepare her for this at the beginning of the process) but as of now you have got a good 2-4 weeks more of wait time. If by March 31, you don't get anything, I would definitely InfoPass it at your local USCIS office. You can schedule one on the web site on the left hand column. They will give you the same answer at the counter. Ask to speak to a supervisor.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Don't listen to this poster. 10 to 12 months??? Seriously? We need to put more pressure on USCIS to process these cases timely. The K1 visa was set up to NOT endure long wait times. They are failing at their mission and should be held to account. If more people would do this, maybe they wouldn't act the way they do. Contact as soon as is sensible (I am calling at 5 months, regardless of what their "current processing times are"... they told me 5 months when I started). Depending on the runaround I get then, I will be contacting my congress critters and the USCIS ombudsman's office. Now, I may look at the current processing times before I pull that particular trigger, but I may not, depending on how unreasonable this is. Heck, I even think 5 months is unreasonable, given the reason for the the K1 and K3 visa program.

I agree! We should all just volunteer to help out process K1 application lol!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Don't listen to this poster. 10 to 12 months??? Seriously? We need to put more pressure on USCIS to process these cases timely. The K1 visa was set up to NOT endure long wait times. They are failing at their mission and should be held to account. If more people would do this, maybe they wouldn't act the way they do. Contact as soon as is sensible (I am calling at 5 months, regardless of what their "current processing times are"... they told me 5 months when I started). Depending on the runaround I get then, I will be contacting my congress critters and the USCIS ombudsman's office. Now, I may look at the current processing times before I pull that particular trigger, but I may not, depending on how unreasonable this is. Heck, I even think 5 months is unreasonable, given the reason for the the K1 and K3 visa program.

I agree, man. They need to be accountable. Based on their published processing timelines, people are making serious decisions about their lives. They need to be more transparent and try to come up with a solution to their unprocessed workload.

Timeline

Look. I just resigned from public service a few months ago, but I was an 18 year veteran. The last 12 were IT, but the first 6 were processing cases (I worked for the state agency that handles welfare benefits in my state, first as a financial worker, then a financial lead, and finally I worked two years in what would be the ombudsman's office for my agency). So, I have a good feel for what it means to process mountains and mountains of paperwork. But we had laws we had to follow or we would be reprimanded. There were lawsuits behind many of those laws.

Having said that, I don't understand how USCIS gets away with essentially flaunting their own regulations. I said on another thread that I wonder if we could file a class action suit to bring attention to this issue. I believe something needs to happen to get this process under better control. This kind of thing is simply not tolerated in any of the agencies I have been involved in, and I would bet that if pressure were brought to bear the same thing could be said about USCIS down the line.

One further thing in the issue of contacting or not contacting. This is what I would tell clients in my caseload about contacting me: Look, I have over 700 cases in my caseload. You only have 1 case, yours. You are much more capable of riding herd on your case, so if you feel the need to rattle my cage, do it. Luckily for my clients, I was pretty freaking good at my job (as can be inferred from my career trajectory), so they didn't have to call me too much. The bottom line is that you are the ones most familiar with your case and where it should be. Feel free to stay on top of it as much as you can.

Just my two pennies.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

I have been saying this for a couple months now.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/409500-senators-response-about-uscis/

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/415740-cis-ombudsman/

NOA1 - 8/24/2012

NOA2 - 3/18/2013 Only took 207 days at CSC

event.png

Timeline

This weekend I will write letters to my congress critters and to the Ombudsman's office of USCIS. I will post here the text before I do so.

I can at least do what little I can to help out.

Timeline

My journey... http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/418297-k1-csc-aug-filer-senator-responseupdates/

So frustrating to hear that after 5 months of waiting, my file was located in the "holding room."

The latest email from my senator's case worker states:

I have received the following response from an officer at the USCIS California Service Center regarding your case:

USCIS electronic records indicate the referenced I-129F case, WACXXXX-XXX-XXXX, was filed on 8/22/2012. Our current processing time is approximately 5 months from the date the petition was received. However, please note that our office has received a high volume of submissions in this workload. There is a current backlog and the petition is currently located with the adjudication division for the assigned I-129F workload (pending action).

I do not know much about the manner of processing at the USCIS, but after reading this, maybe they do not work on our files one at a time, but sort of like an assembly line and working on several at one time? Like one person verifying citizenship, another person checking on proof of ongoing relationship, etc. I don't know anymore.

All I know is that waiting while we were apart for four months was very difficult. I am thankful that we are together now. I came back because we wanted to be together at the interview but we have been waiting for two months and still no sign of NOA2. I hate the thought of having to go back to the U.S. without him again and not being at the interview. My next dilema will be explaining at the interview the loss of income while I am away from the U.S. Stuck between a rock and a hard place, I guess. Any suggestions?

Timeline
However, please note that our office has received a high volume of submissions in this workload. There is a current backlog and the petition is currently located with the adjudication division for the assigned I-129F workload (pending action).

I find this statement interesting.

If you look at the 1-129F submissions during the June-sept time period, they are within the average amount of 1-129F applications they normally receive.

So, if the number of I-129F submissions is in the normal range, what submissions could they possibly be referring to in this statement???

Hmmmmmmm.

Timeline

I find this statement interesting.

If you look at the 1-129F submissions during the June-sept time period, they are within the average amount of 1-129F applications they normally receive.

So, if the number of I-129F submissions is in the normal range, what submissions could they possibly be referring to in this statement???

Hmmmmmmm.

I was thinking the same thing. It even seems that they might be a little down in the K1 submissions. But it is definitely not any kind of abnormally high volume, by any stretch.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hang in there, guys I know middle July filers are getting RFEs or NOA2s at a slow pace but they are moving, hopefully I will hear something next week. I know I am going to get an RFE and I already have my evidences ready. It is taking a toll put we will get through this, contacting any representatives have been futile by some members here as well as my me. So just wait and occupy your minds with something other than checking USCIS daily for status updates. Its not in our hands.

Timeline

what I don't get...(and I usually don't get a lot...) on the Immigration Timelines tab, it says that CSC is currently processing NOA1's with a date of Aug 29th, 2012. Now, where does that information come from? Is that just Igor's pipe dream?

Timeline

what I don't get...(and I usually don't get a lot...) on the Immigration Timelines tab, it says that CSC is currently processing NOA1's with a date of Aug 29th, 2012. Now, where does that information come from? Is that just Igor's pipe dream?

What it seems to be is that this estimate is based on the applications that get an NOA2. what it does not take into account is the huge number of older cases still waiting, which when they do finally get approved, will then change the estimated date way forward.

The estimation would probably be accurate if the NOA2's were granted in order of the NOA1 date, but as we can see, NOA2's are being granted for august and even September filers.

Timeline

They shouldn't be cashing our check until they touch our file, they are just so quick to get paid but they can't deliver what is expected from them.

Timeline

I was thinking the same thing. It even seems that they might be a little down in the K1 submissions. But it is definitely not any kind of abnormally high volume, by any stretch.

Did you see this? http://dashboard.uscis.gov/index.cfm?formtype=6&office=2&charttype=1

Sorry raw data format, could not place tabs.

For CSC I-129Fs statistics are as follows:

All Awaiting

Other customer Month &

Pending action Completions Receipts Year

9856 799 2031 1829 Jan11

10223 1017 1962 1917 Feb11

10491 1023 2546 2649 Mar11

9788 1383 2789 2230 Apr11

8480 1374 3525 2060 May11

8105 1025 2861 2003 Jun11

7309 1076 2741 1753 Jul11

8329 790 1567 1989 Aug11

9659 594 786 1750 Sep11

10536 545 1040 1817 Oct11

10767 882 1335 1804 Nov11

11613 790 1047 1722 Dec11

11008 1190 1957 1588 Jan12

11059 1345 2107 2137 Feb12

11509 1156 2033 2212 Mar12

11844 1021 1716 1877 Apr12

11960 1114 2096 2159 May12

11407 1212 2313 1789 Jun12

9563 1584 3414 1883 Jul12

7851 1983 3195 1656 Aug12

7804 1575 1973 1483 Sep12

8850 934 1229 1714 Oct12

9733 624 938 1447 Nov12

10929 438 484 1443 Dec12

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

They will built 10 more Mc Donald's in third world countries before we get our paperwork. I am going back to thailand and wait with my TeeRak :thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.