cristina80

military id

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Romania
Timeline

Hello everyone,

I have a question, and i hope i will find the answer here.

I came from Romania last year in January, and in December me and my boyfriend got married( he is working in the Army).

After the marriage we went to the DEERS office and got my military id which was available for 3 months and i had to renewed this week.

I have to tell u that with that military id, he could enroll me in Tricare, but now with the new military ID, i cant beneficiate of Tricare because i dont have a SSN.

I have to tell u, that when i had my first ID they said that i can renew every 3 months until i will get a SSN, and yesterday they said that i cant beneficiate of Tricare, and i am about t have my first baby in couple of days, and honestly we cant afford to pay so much for baby birth, although he is having full cover insurance.

Can anyone give me an idea what we can do about it

Thank you very much for ur time

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I think you've posted in the wrong place. There is a military forum, and they might be of better assistance. Congrats on your baby!

ROC

3.6.2017     Mailed I-751

3.7.2017     NOA sent

3.23.2017   Biometrics Appointment

2.26.2018   I-751 Transferred to Local Office

3.5.2018     I-751 Received in Local Office

5.1.2018     Case Transferred; Preliminary Review Done; transferred to NBC in Lee's Summit, MO

5.3.2018     Case Transferred

7.24.2018   Joint interview approved

7.30.2018   Green Card received

Naturalization

3.15.2018   Filed N 400 Online

3.15.2018   USCIS sent the receipt

3.16.2018   USCIS sent biometrics letter

6.14.2018   Interview Notice sent

7.24.2018   Naturalization Interview; approved

9.26.2018   Oath Ceremony Scheduled

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Have you applied for your SS card and are you living stateside and near a military installation? I say the first step your husband has to take is to go to his chain of command and request that his Commander make some calls to the local Personnel office and figure out what is going on with DEERS if you are enrolled in the military system that ID serves as proof of insurance for active duty personnel and their dependents as there are no premiums that are paid to TRICARE. If the problem is the TRICARE personnel then go to a customer care representative or the actual TRICARE office and have them provide in writing that they require a SSN and not just a Foreign Identification Number (FIN) that is what the DEERS office issues you for tax and other services until you receive a SSN? Why has it taken so long to get an SSN? The personnel service center / DEERs has personnel that help you process the form and request your card in 10-14 days?

It may now also be an additional requirement now that DEERs no long puts your SSN on your ID card for privacy and security, so now they are requesting to see the SS card.

Hope this helps.....

OP- Why did you need to renew your DEERS ID card and I was enrolled into tricare w/o SSN too. May talk to the patient advocate on your husband's base and see what can be done.

ROC Time line

Dec 18 Package sent

Dec 19 Package received at VSC

Dec 23 Checks cleared

Dec 27 NOA1 received- Dated 12/23/2014

April 2- Biometrics completed

August 24- Update from USICS "My card is being produced"

September 3- Green Card in Hand!

AOS Time line
Nov 5- Medical evaluation with Civil Surgeon. TB skin test & Blood test administered
Nov 7- Medically cleared. I 693 form sign and sealed
Day 0 Nov 9- AOS Package delivered to Chicago. Signed by S. Bush at 10:26 C.T
Day 5 Nov 14- Email/ text notifications received at 21:17 C.T (Official receipt notice Form I 797 to follow in mail)
Day 7 Nov 16- Checks cleared
Day10 Nov 19- I- 797C (for I 130, I 485, I 131 & I 765) Received in hard copy mail
Day 17 Nov 26- I- 797C (for Biometrics appointment) Received in hard copy mail
Day 19 Nov 28- Walk-in Biometrics attempt: Successful. Lubbock, TX ASC. 1000-1013
Day 71 Jan 19- I- 797C Interview appointment letter. Feb 19 at local USCIS field office
Day 77 Jan 29- EAD/AP combo card received. DPS unable to issue renewal or license. S.A.V.E verification required
Day 91 Feb 12- DL renewed. Applied for SSN - pending S.A.V.E verification
Day 98 Feb 19- AOS interview & approval !!!!!!!
Day 108 March 1- Green Card in Hand!

OP- Why did you need to renew your DEERS ID card and I was enrolled into tricare w/o SSN too. May talk to the patient advocate on your husband's base and see what can be done.

I was too. I even went to the doctor and had dental surgery before I had my SSN.

See my timeline for my expedited I-130 application due to military pcs

n-400

Expedited naturalization (under s 319(b) INA) due to military pcs

n-400 sent: 2013-02-02

NOA1: 2013-02-15

Biometrics date rec: 2013-02-15

Biometrics date: 2013-03-07 (EB walk in 2013-02-20)

Second biometrics: 2013-03-19 (First set unclassifiable)

Inline for interview: 2013-03-21

Testing/interview date: 2013-03-27

Oath ceremony: 2013-03-27

Moving to Germany! 2013-04-13

I'm A United States Citizen

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

My wife was enrolled into TRICARE Standard as soon as I presented our marriage certificate to the MPS. And when I went to the TRICARE office in the base hospital, they said all's she needs to be upgraded to TRICARE Prime is her DoD ID and A# in lieu of an SSN.

They can't deny you treatment or medical care just because you don't have an SSN yet; you are a legal permanent resident spouse of an active duty military member, and have the documentation to back that up. If the patient advocate can't help you out, I think a trip to JAG is in order.

I am the USC.

The member "Khaleesi" is my beautiful wife.

Filed: R-1 Visa Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline

If the husband is active duty you should be able to get in in Tricare benefits. but if your husband is reserve or guard is different. we only have 180 days before and after active duty servce full medical benefits. after that your husband have a choice to reactivate his Tricare and pay it from ur own money.

USAR

Oct.8 2009 - arrived in USA (CR1 visa)

Nov. 2009 -- GC for 2 yrs received

Jan. 2010 -- DL issued

May. 2011 --- graduated for my bachelor degree

Sept. 1, 2011 --- Driver License Renewed ( till 2017)

NO removal condition

Citizenship

Oct. 2011-------- Filed N400

Jan. 2012 ------ Biometrics and Interviewed at same time

Jan. 17 2012 ---- Sworn In

I am retired military and my wife was given an ID with the A number in lieu of the Social Security number. Heck, TRICARE PRIME paid for surgery for her before she had a social security number.

Someone at your local ID card center appears confused and not up to date on the regs.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.