Spence&Jasey

One Quick Question On Explanation For No I-94

2 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello,

I am new to this forum and have been getting a few answers off of here the past few days, so just wanted to say thanks to everyone quickly & hopefully someone can help me real quick with this qestion!

I am from Canada, came down here for a visit with a boyfriend who is the USC. We decided to get married a couple of months later in Las Vegas. This was a little over 2 years ago now. We've been trying to save up to afford the paperwork, and now finally can file.

I now know that because I am Canadian and came here for a visit without intending to adjust status, I don't receive an I-94 #. But I would like to include a reasoning letter just to support the fact that I did come here legally. The only thing I am a little confused on is how I should write it?? I know it seems like a self explanatory situation, but from a few sample letters I have read, I noticed that they include which border they crossed between the province & the state.

I flew in from Edmonton, Alberta's International Airport and landed in Los Angeles, California's National Airport LAX. How would I explain the exact border I crossed to enter legally? I just want the letter to make enough detailed sense so I don't get asked for an RFE.

I DO have the original boarding passes I used to get here on, as I was making a keepsake book for my Hubby. Could I possibly attach these to the letter for further proof?

I have only been to the U.S twice. The first time I came, was to just visit my now husband, and I was here for about a month, went home but ended up coming back about a month later. If I can remember correctly, it was upon landing that when I handed over my Passport all they did (for both times) was scan my passport and they literally wrote 'B2' for the first time I came, and than the month later, 'B2 1 month' on one page in blue ink on my passport. ( I had only intended to stay for another month, until after about 2 weeks of staying we decided to visit Las Vegas and get married.) Would the fact that they wrote this in my passport instead of stamping cause any issue? Both times I was barely even spoken to by the immigration officer's. I was only asked where I was going, and who I was going to stay with and for how long. I answered truthfully and they never even responded just tossed the passport back on the counter towards me afterwards.

I am VERY new at all of this, and don't understand much of it. Neither does my Husband. Any answers will be GREATLY appreciated! :innocent:

AOS Application Timeline:

03/19/2013 - Sent out AOS Application: I-485, I-130, I-765

03/21/2013 - USCIS Recieved AOS Application @ 1:51 PM

03/26/2013 - Text & Email Notifications Received @ 10:50 PM

03/29/2013 - Official I-797 Notice Of Action Letters Recieved

04/06/2013 - Biometrics Appointment Letter Received - Scheduled for 04/23/2103

04/17/2013 - Early Walk In For Biometrics Appointment -Completed

04/24/2013 - Received Case I-485 Status Update via Email & Text Status is now - Testing & Interview

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Sorry Let me make a correction here, We talked about gettint married about 2 or 3 weeks after I arrived. But we didn't end up doing it until about 2 months after I arrived.

Arrived On: November 21, 2010

Married On: January 29, 2011

Filing the Adjustment of Status this month: March 2013

AOS Application Timeline:

03/19/2013 - Sent out AOS Application: I-485, I-130, I-765

03/21/2013 - USCIS Recieved AOS Application @ 1:51 PM

03/26/2013 - Text & Email Notifications Received @ 10:50 PM

03/29/2013 - Official I-797 Notice Of Action Letters Recieved

04/06/2013 - Biometrics Appointment Letter Received - Scheduled for 04/23/2103

04/17/2013 - Early Walk In For Biometrics Appointment -Completed

04/24/2013 - Received Case I-485 Status Update via Email & Text Status is now - Testing & Interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.