rachel conrad

interview visa denied

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hello everyone:'

I am getting information from different direcctions and I am getting more upset by the minute. This is my situation. My fiance in Morocco had his interview in CasaBlanca Jan 9, 2006. Every thing was fine until the co asked my fiance for the police records from Korea. My fiance explained to him the records were taking longer than he planned it and he didn't have them yet. My fiance received a paper from the co, requesting to bring this records. The paper is not clear to me if it is a denial or not. Jan 23, my fiance took the police records to the consulate. He spoke to the man at the door who receives the documentation. He asked my fiance for his phone number. The man at the door said the consulate will call my fiance by phone and then my fiance has to appera at the consulate with his passport. This was a week ago and no word from the consulate. I hear all kind of scared stories that the consulate would send the application back to the states etc etc.

Does anyone knows what happen in this situations or similar situations?

Thank you,

Zenobia

Edited by rachel conrad

Timeline

Wow this is scary for a minute i thought this was my post (everything was the same in cludining were we live). We turned in the certificate on the 18th and still have not heard anything.

Traveled to Morocco on Aug 3rd, 2005

Got Engaged on Aug 16th, 2005

Left Morocco on Aug 19th, 2005

08-29-05 Filed I129F

01-09-06 Interview Date (9am) We were not approved today, I guess we got a 221g of the damn S. Korea Police Certificate that Casablanca said we didn't need.

03/03/06 Turn in Passport at 9am

03/15/06 Visa Issued

03/31/06 Enter USA via JFK

05/15/06 Wedding for Visa

06/10/06 Mailed AOS papers

07/06/06 Biometerics Apt

07/15/06 My offical wedding day....I know .....:-)

07/10/06 Touched

08/25/06 EAD Approvel

09/01/06 EAD in Hand

09/26/06 AOS Interview (Recommend for Approval)

10-05-06 Received Welcome Letter

10-10-06 Green Card Arrived.

We are now one9d63d28.jpg.png

Zenobia,

You have not been denied. The paper your fiance received was a 221(g) requesting more information. The way the paper reads is kind of scary but it is not a denial. However, I do think you should call/email the consulate to ask what the status is and when you can expect to hear from them. They may or may not answer.

You could still receive a second 221(g) for Administrative Processing, although it seems Morocco is doing less of these recently.

I think it is really important to followup with the Moroccan consulate not only to find out what is going on but also to show your interest in your fiance's visa since Morocco does seem to be scrutinizing relationships more lately.

Did your husband show you the 221(g)? If you want to see a copy of what one looks like, I could scan my husband's old one. His was for AR but it is a form letter where they check the box that applies to your case. PM me if you want a copy.

Rebecca

Hello everyone:'

I am getting information from different direcctions and I am getting more upset by the minute. This is my situation. My fiance in Morocco had his interview in CasaBlanca Jan 9, 2006. Every thing was fine until the co asked my fiance for the police records from Korea. My fiance explained to him the records were taking longer than he planned it and he didn't have them yet. My fiance received a paper from the co, requesting to bring this records. The paper is not clear to me if it is a denial or not. Jan 23, my fiance took the police records to the consulate. He spoke to the man at the door who receives the documentation. He asked my fiance for his phone number. The man at the door said the consulate will call my fiance by phone and then my fiance has to appera at the consulate with his passport. This was a week ago and no word from the consulate. I hear all kind of scared stories that the consulate would send the application back to the states etc etc.

Does anyone knows what happen in this situations or similar situations?

Thank you,

Zenobia

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Ditto.. Call and speak with someone in th consulate.

Peter Miami

Johanna & Peter

Colombia / U.S.A.

I-129F / K-1 Fiancee Visa

08-20-02 - Met Johanna in Armenia, Colombia

10-05-05 - K-1 Sent to TSC

10-14-05 - Received NOA1 by E-Mail (Day 9)

12-22-05 - Reveived NOA2 By E-Mail & Mail (Day 78)

03-03-06 - Interview Date! (Day 149) Approved

03-10-06 - Johanna Arrived

05-27-06 - Married

I-485 / AOS (Did not applied for EAD or AP)

06-05-06 - Sent I-485 application to Chicago via USPS (Day 1)

06-06-06 - AOS Package Delivered at 12:29PM

06-12-06 - Received NOA1 by Mail

06-14-06 - Check Cashed

06-22-06 - Received Appointment Notice for Biometrics

06-26-06 - "Request for Additional Evidence" Online, waiting for letter

06-29-06 - Biometrics Done!

06-30-06 - Received RFE Letter by mail. (Missing Birth Certificate)

07-10-06 - Sent RFE by Express Mail USPS

07-11-06 - RFE Delivered @ 10:54AM Sign by D. Atwell

08-28-06 - AOS Transferred to CSC E-mail & USCIS Website (Day 85)

08-30-06 - Touched #1

08-31-06 - Touched #2

08-31-06 - E-Mail from CRIS & USCIS-CSSO - CSC received AOS Application

09-01-06 - Touched #3

09-01-06 - NOA by Mail Regarding Transfer to CSC

09-05-06 - Touched #4

09-07-06 - Touched #5

09-13-06 - Touched #6

09-15-06 - AOS Approved by Online Status & E-mail

09-21-06 - Received GC and Welcome Letter (Day 109)

Timeline

Zenobia, if you get an answer besides a boilerplace answer please let me know who you talked to.

Rebecca, thanks for the number you gave me and there are no new entries.

08-29-05 Filed I129F

01-09-06 Interview Date (9am) We were not approved today, I guess we got a 221g of the damn S. Korea Police Certificate that Casablanca said we didn't need.

03/15/06 Visa Issued

07/06/06 Biometerics Apt

07/10/06 Touched

08/25/06 EAD Approvel

09/01/06 EAD in Hand

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Agree with others... what your SO got was a 221g form. In this case it's the equivalent of an RFE. As long as he provides them with what they want in a reasonable time frame, everything should be fine. However, do not let things go for too long. If it takes longer than about a month, he should keep in contact with them and given them updates on the status of gathering the requested information.

Knowledge itself is power - Sir Francis Bacon

I have gone fishing... you can find me by going here http://**removed due to TOS**

Hopefully it won't take too long after receiving the report. Claudeth forgot to get her police clearance translated but it was only a matter of days until she got the visa once she turned in the translation

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

I agree, call or email the consulate immediately and be persistant until you get an answer.

Filed K1 Petition September 2005

Interview at Embassy in Abu Dhabi December 2005 Denied

Interview at Embassy in Abu Dhabi January 2006 Approved

Nikah April 21, 2006

Biometrics June 2006

Received Green Card August 2006

Waiting for 10 year card since June 2008

Received 10 year card April 2009

U.S. Citizen November 2009

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Don't get your feathers in a ruffle yet. What you have told us is basic stuff. They just want more info. Trust me, if they had sent it back to the states it would say on the paper. Basically it would say:

"We are sending your petition back to the CIS for further review"

I doubt it says that so relax. Now I'm not saying that bad things won't happen at this point, but everything points to be being okay.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

You did NOT get denied... they said 'we need more information and we can't finish processing the visa until we get it'. That's not a denial... and though it's worrisome for you to have to sit and wait, there's no reason to assume that they will deny your fiance once they get the paperwork. I hope that they get into contact with your fiance soon, but a week is a very short amount of time to wait... it might take a lot longer than that.

Karen - Melbourne, Australia/John - Florida, USA

- Proposal (20 August 2000) to marriage (19 December 2004) - 4 years, 3 months, 25 days (1,578 days)

STAGE 1 - Applying for K1 (15 September 2003) to K1 Approval (13 July 2004) - 9 months, 29 days (303 days)

STAGE 2A - Arriving in US (4 Nov 2004) to AOS Application (16 April 2005) - 5 months, 13 days (164 days)

STAGE 2B - Applying for AOS to GC Approval - 9 months, 4 days (279 days)

STAGE 3 - Lifting Conditions. Filing (19 Dec 2007) to Approval (December 11 2008)

STAGE 4 - CITIZENSHIP (filing under 5-year rule - residency start date on green card Jan 11th, 2006)

*N400 filed December 15, 2011

*Interview March 12, 2012

*Oath Ceremony March 23, 2012.

ALL DONE!!!!!!!!

Timeline

Hi Friendly:

My fiance had the interview the same day of yours, I sent you a message before. I remember your case. about the Korean police records. You posted your case and you mentioned that your fiance lived one year in Korea.

Well my friend, here I am trying to figure out what to do. I am still waiting. If I know something I will let you know and you can do the same for me. we both seem to be in the same boat.

Zenobia

Zenobia, if you get an answer besides a boilerplace answer please let me know who you talked to.

Rebecca, thanks for the number you gave me and there are no new entries.

Timeline

Hello Rebeca

Thank you for responding. I think I understand what you mean by section 221 (g). My fiance scan it but I wans't sure exactly the meaning of 221)g. What is an AR means? I am not sure about all these abbreviations ether.

Rebeca, I want to understand your message. Should or shouldn't I email the consulate of Morocco. I want to inquiere what this situation. If they have an idea how long, my poor fiance can live with the cell phone? He is afraid to miss their call. It will be more healthy to send a date or appointment by mail, but a call? it is a nervous recking.

I also heard about a number to call, do you know about it? can they really help at that number?

I am sorry about my so many questions, but I am in limbo because of this korean police records.

Thank your for your help

Zenobia

Wow this is scary for a minute i thought this was my post (everything was the same in cludining were we live). We turned in the certificate on the 18th and still have not heard anything.

Timeline

Zenobia, I sent you an Private Message (PM) Please call me.

08-29-05 Filed I129F

03/15/06 Visa Issued

07/06/06 Biometerics Apt

07/10/06 Touched

08/25/06 EAD Approvel

09/01/06 EAD in Hand

Zenobia,

I just now saw your message. AR is administrative review. It is basically a background check that is sometimes run. It is common for Moroccan men. Basically the consulate has a form letter. It has different options they can check. Several are called 221(g) but they fall into different categories. Yours is a request for more evidence (a police certificate). Another option is the Administrative Review.

I would definitely email or call the consulate. Tell them your fiance has turned in the evidence they requested and you would like a case status update. It not only may give you answers, but it will reaffirm that you are interested in your case.

Feel free to send me a private message if I can help you.

Rebecca

Hello Rebeca

Thank you for responding. I think I understand what you mean by section 221 (g). My fiance scan it but I wans't sure exactly the meaning of 221)g. What is an AR means? I am not sure about all these abbreviations ether.

Rebeca, I want to understand your message. Should or shouldn't I email the consulate of Morocco. I want to inquiere what this situation. If they have an idea how long, my poor fiance can live with the cell phone? He is afraid to miss their call. It will be more healthy to send a date or appointment by mail, but a call? it is a nervous recking.

I also heard about a number to call, do you know about it? can they really help at that number?

I am sorry about my so many questions, but I am in limbo because of this korean police records.

Thank your for your help

Zenobia

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.