266 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Congratulations to all the March filers getting their NOA2 and scheduling interviews! All the best for the rest of the rollercoaster ride! Hopefully ours will be soon too :)

What's happening with Vermont Service center?
I know that February filers were transferred to Texas service center just as all dec-jan filers a month ago.
Does it mean that now VSC will start working on us, march filers??

They basically transferred all of December-Late February to TSC. There were a few end of Feb and early March approvals for VSC but they're doing it very slowly. There have been 11 non-expedited March filers who got their NOA2 for the whole of June, and about the same number for other filers. So... they're not really processing that fast. People who have asked USCIS and their government officials have said that VSC is backlogged with DACA applications as well. I really hope they speed up. The ones sent to TSC will definitely get approved within 1 or 2 months, but for us left at VSC... we don't really know what to expect

engaged happy.png - February 2013

129F NOA1 receipt date- March 11, 2013 (NOA1 sent March 13, 2013)

Touched - Name spelling correction - March 20, 2013

Transferred to TSC - July 10, 2013

NOA2 - July 23 smile.png

Shipped to NVC - August 15

NVC Received - August 22

Auckland Consulate Received- August 28

Packet 3 Received - September 7

Medical - September 9

Packet 3 Sent - September 9

Packet 4 Received - Sept 11

Interview - Sept 19

Visa received - Sept 26

POE - 25 December luv.gif

Wedding - 11 January heart.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

any good news from csc................?

My immigration Lawyer's assistant said they are experiencing another "slow down". I passed the 5 month mark on the 6th and hope to wipe my butt of this BS waiting game by August 7th. They are going to call USCIS to put in a request of status. I'll let you know if I hear anything more, but I wouldn't plan on waiting less than 5 months. Many February and March people have been lucky and landed in the right spot, but others, like myself, end up in a dusty pile. I am hoping for an update today, or even a frikin chocolate doughnut smudge on my petition would be nice. That would tell me they looked at it at least. I can't help but be cynical at this point. Every day I wait past USCIS's posted processing time of 5 months, is another day I strain my middle finger. Welcome to the system. My suggestion, keep yourself occupied and plan for this process to take 9 months minimum. You'll avoid the frustrating and false hope that our government is good at paperwork.

Timeline

My immigration Lawyer's assistant said they are experiencing another "slow down". I passed the 5 month mark on the 6th and hope to wipe my butt of this BS waiting game by August 7th. They are going to call USCIS to put in a request of status. I'll let you know if I hear anything more, but I wouldn't plan on waiting less than 5 months. Many February and March people have been lucky and landed in the right spot, but others, like myself, end up in a dusty pile. I am hoping for an update today, or even a frikin chocolate doughnut smudge on my petition would be nice. That would tell me they looked at it at least. I can't help but be cynical at this point. Every day I wait past USCIS's posted processing time of 5 months, is another day I strain my middle finger. Welcome to the system. My suggestion, keep yourself occupied and plan for this process to take 9 months minimum. You'll avoid the frustrating and false hope that our government is good at paperwork.

I guess it is taking "6" months to process now at CSC, even though the USCIS site says "5 months". Still waiting to hear about the inquiry...

Edited by M-waits

NOA1 on 3/24. NOA2 was electronically issued on 7/1. Received hard copy on 7/5. Now is the hard part; directly dealing with NVC and Manila.

K1 -- 129F: 3/15/13 + NOA1: 3/22/13 + NOA2: 7/1/13 + NVC: 7/20/13 + MED: 8/4/13 + USEM: 8/23/13 + K1: 8/31/13 + CFO: 9/4/13 + POE: 9/7/13

AOS -- CIVIL: 9/14/13 + NOA1: 10/10/13 + BIO: 10/17/13 + INT: 7/8/14 + 131: 11/23/13 + 765: 12/13/13 + 485: 7/15/14

ROC -- NOA1: ? + BIO: ? + INT: + 751: ?

NAT -- NOA1: ? + BIO: ? + INT: ? + N400: ?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Come on VSC... I know we just hit the 4 month mark, but I can't help but to get antsy and anxious when I continue to see NOA1 dates after mine at the CSC get approval after approval. GAH!

Trying (and failing!) to be patient...

Congrats to those March filers getting somewhere... send the rest of us some of that mojo!!!

12.27.10 We met in Vegas

05.31.12 Engaged... in Vegas =)

K1
03.02.13 I-129F sent to TX
03.07.13 NOA1 E-mail Notification

08.13.13 NOA2 E-mail Notification (6+ months)

08.29.13 Case arrives at MTL Consulate

09.13.13 Packet 3 arrives

09.17.13 Packet 3 is accetped at MTL (confirmed via Xpresspost tracking)

09.26.13 Packet 4 arrives

10.22.13 Medical

11.07.13 Interview (Approved!)

11.20.13 VISA/PASSPORT IN HAND!!! (Couriered)

12.26.13 P.O.E. Detroit, MI.

12.31.13 ***WEDDING***

AOS

02.25.14 NOA1 for AOS, EAD & AP

03.xx.14 RFE (mid-March)

03.21.14 Biometrics

04.21.14 RFE docs received & AOS case touched

05.22.14 EAD/AP approved

05.31.14 EAD/AP received

06.09.14 Notice of Potential Interview Waiver Case (projected additional wait of 6 months)

07.30.14 Notice that my Permanent Resident status has been registered!!!

08.05.14 Card/Document Production

08.07.14 GREEN CARD IN HAND =)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I get so discouraged seeing people from the same service center being approved that have later NOA1 dates then us.... It just does not make any sense.. Especially since they claim to adjudicate in the order received! Its bs! Im happy for those people but yet so sadened for the ones still waiting that should b done with this part of the process... USCIS needs a serious overhaul on the way they process these family petitions :(

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I mean, some of the ones that are getting approved significantly before us(end of march, april and may) are likely expedited, nothing we can do about that.
BUT

it's maddening to see dates in and around my own(can't speak for others, though I can hesitate a guess they'd agree) that get approved.

It's even more maddening to see like 20 approvals total in like 2 weeks.

Not expedited. There's no rhyme or reason as to how things are done at CSC. My packet was even rerouted to and from Texas, which is why my NOA1 came pretty late. I did get a notice of Alien number change sometime around April. If nothing else, that tells me that at least someone is looking at the packet.

K1 -- 129F: 3/15/13 + NOA1: 3/22/13 + NOA2: 7/1/13 + NVC: 7/20/13 + MED: 8/4/13 + USEM: 8/23/13 + K1: 8/31/13 + CFO: 9/4/13 + POE: 9/7/13

AOS -- CIVIL: 9/14/13 + NOA1: 10/10/13 + BIO: 10/17/13 + INT: 7/8/14 + 131: 11/23/13 + 765: 12/13/13 + 485: 7/15/14

ROC -- NOA1: ? + BIO: ? + INT: + 751: ?

NAT -- NOA1: ? + BIO: ? + INT: ? + N400: ?

Timeline

I get so discouraged seeing people from the same service center being approved that have later NOA1 dates then us.... It just does not make any sense.. Especially since they claim to adjudicate in the order received! Its bs! Im happy for those people but yet so sadened for the ones still waiting that should b done with this part of the process... USCIS needs a serious overhaul on the way they process these family petitions sad.png

I feel exactly like you. Just frustrating to watch the system screw some of us. Torn between envy with a dash of rage and a little hope that my turn may be next. We just have to be patient and realize, no matter what, we will get through the process and continue with life. It will happen. Just distract yourself until it does. ;) or do like I do and complain about it to everyone until you become indifferent and accept the unknown pace of the system.

Timeline

Come on VSC... I know we just hit the 4 month mark, but I can't help but to get antsy and anxious when I continue to see NOA1 dates after mine at the CSC get approval after approval. GAH!

Trying (and failing!) to be patient...

Congrats to those March filers getting somewhere... send the rest of us some of that mojo!!!

Here ya! February 1st filer watching March March ahead. Arrrrrgh! Why couldn't I be one of the lucky bastards?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.