ShannonSayed

Administrative Processing? Go to your local Congress!

38 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHETHER IMMIGRATION HAVE ACCESS TO FACEBOOK AND EMAIL ACCOUNT OF PETITIONERS AND BENEFICIARIES? I WAS TOLD THEY DO ACCESS IF THEY FEEL THE NEED TO.

They may look for people on Facebook/social media sites,but won't get access to your accounts.

• 4 months later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Additional processing is the same as administrative processing.

You need to find out if Ap is being done on the embassy level (counselor review) or if AP is at the FBI or Washington level

Be very careful on how you ask questions. They are trained to always say " Your file is at the embassy" so people get happy and think AP is done, but in reality your "file" never leaves anywhere because it is in the computer database.

Good luck

Hey,

My husband was told his case is sent to the DOS at Washington and the CO said he also notified the DOS that our case looks fine and should be approved.

My husband had his interview on July 17th of 2013, I went along with him.

I told the CO that I am expecting (thinking it would help reduce the time for AP :( ..........)

Wondering if maybe you can give me some info based on the background I gave..

THanks in Advance

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hey,

My husband was told his case is sent to the DOS at Washington and the CO said he also notified the DOS that our case looks fine and should be approved.

My husband had his interview on July 17th of 2013, I went along with him.

I told the CO that I am expecting (thinking it would help reduce the time for AP sad.png ..........)

Wondering if maybe you can give me some info based on the background I gave..

THanks in Advance

They usually never say they sent it to DOS

So, I would call DOS and ask the status of my case.

202-663-1225

They will say either

It is under processing

you say is it MANDAtory

They will say yes

or they might say it is sent back to uscis

good luck

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Sept 11, 2011 NOA2-took 19 days to get case number

Sept 30, 2011 NVC number and IIN received Friday-gotta wait till Monday

Oct 13, 2011 Case Completed- 13 days from receiving case number Took 32 days from NOA2

Nov 30, 2011 Notified of Interview date

January 19, 2012 Interview- 240 days from NOA1

INTERVIEW RESULTS-APPROVED WITH 14 WEEKS AP--but he got his visa in 56 days!!!!!!

PLEASE EDIT YOUR TIMELINE IN YOUR PROFILE SO OTHERS CAN LEARN HOW LONG EACH STEP TAKES IN THIS PROCESS

• 1 month later...
Filed: Timeline

There really is no "kinds" of administrative processing -- it's a general term used to describe any additional processing a case is having to go through. Si, when you ask if it's "mandatory", you will likely be told "yes" -- since (I firmly believe), the Embassy is not going to put a case through anything they don't think is mandatory (i.e., required before they can issue). If you as "is it at the Embassy, you're also likely to be told yes -- because the case is still at the Embassy and any additional processing it needs to go through was initiated by and the final answers will go to, the Embassy.

As other posters have said here -- getting Congressmen involved won't speed up the process and won't get you any more detailed information. They will get the same "It's in administrative processing" response that you get. It doesn't even mean anyone actually has to 'find your case file and look at it" -- the records will be in the computer system they use. (That's why you can call the DC number and they can provide you the same information in an update as the Embassy has given -- they all access the same database.)

It's hard to wait, especially when your every instinct is telling you there must be something you can do. Unfortunately, there really isn't. Hope it isn't too much longer for anyone who is waiting!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

To all of those who have been sifted off to administrative processing. If you are the petitioner, and living in the US, and your spouse's case has reach the point of administrative processing, this is what you should do.

Wherever you are living within the US, contact your local district congress. Send them an e-mail and title it "Immigration". Write your e-mail very descriptively and don't be afraid to talk about all the stress

and suffering of this long long wait. God willing, you will be contacted back by the immigration department representative. Tell them your story. Tell them if the interviewer was unfair, seemed hostile, anything at all.

All the details will help. Then they will ask for a permission to access case info. Fill out the form from your congress website and print it out. Sign it and rescan it and send it via e-mail to the rep's e-mail.

They then have permission to look into the case and find answers. They will put a stamp of "congressional interest" on your case. Doing this is a huge huge help. The immigration department in the Embassy will see this

and they won't want to deal with further badgering from congress or government entities. Then, just be patient. This is what I did. This is how I got the AP approved in less than 1 month.

You have nothing to lose! Best of luck to everyone fighting this long battle.

Back in 2009, I applied for a K-1 fiancee visa and got put on AP for INA212(A)(3)(d) due to my wife's communist party affiliation. I had a friend who knew Senator Feinstein personally. He was able to request of her office to contact the Guangzhou Consulate directly, but they gave her office the same response that I got from them through the web form. Contrary to popular belief, senators have NO power over immigration authorities.

==========================================================================

K-1 Visa Timeline (Denied, 3 years, 29 days total)

2009-8-21 - K-1 sent

2009-10-27 - NOA1 received
2009-11-22 - Received request for DS-230
2009-11-26 - DS-230 sent
2010-1-22 - NOA2 received, medical check & interview date (2010-2-11)
2010-2-11 - Interview! Received Blue Slip for China Communist Party membership. sad.png
2010-3-26 - RFE sent, written statement explaining disassociation from CCP
2010-7-22 - Sent an inquiry every month starting 7/22, always still in AP
2010-12-1 - Senator Feinstein's official inquiry, still under AP (yep, doesn't help. Immigration > Senator)

(…many monthly inquiries later…)
2012-6-12 - Final interview scheduled (9/18/2012)

2012-9-18 - K-1 was denied. :cry: We could not overcome INA212(A)(3)(d)

CR-1 Visa Timeline (Approved, converted into IR-1, 2 years, 1 month, 29 days)

2012-12-10 - Married in Beijing! <3

2013-5-1 - I-130 sent
2013-5-6 - NOA1 received

2013-12-6 - Case transferred to the TSC

2013-1-9 - (Bogus) RFE received

2013-2-24 - RFE sent

2014-5-2 - NOA2 received

2014-5-6 - Case shipped to NVC

2014-5-14 - Case received at NVC

2014-6-16 - NVC Case Number Assigned

2014-11-15 - NVC Case Complete!

2015-1-6 - Guangzhou Consulate received

2015-1-26 - Interview date!

2015-1-26 - 221(g) denial (again)! :cry: Case being transferred to Washington for a SAO.

2015-5-21 - Consulate e-mailed us and asked for her passport! Approved?

2015-5-23 - Submitted passport to CITIC Bank

2015-6-29 - Passport with visa arrived :dancing:... but expires in 16 days, time to hustle!!!

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

i agree.

i've contacted senators and congressmen to no avail. i also work for the federal government.

been in AP for 10 months (from Canada).

i've emailed white house and basically I am always told that nobody can expedite AP.

getting any answers out of DOS is like pulling teeth. they have no emotion at all.

you have to ask very specific questions one at a time and they may give you an answer.

such wonderful customer service lol.

best of luck to everyone.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.