Saylin

NVC Filers - March 2013

2,519 posts in this topic

Thank You so much!! :)

& nope no reason just very confused lol

You're welcome! I'd suggest going to post 1 and 2 and review all the information there.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

I have Just paid the AOS bill online and called NVC to see if I can send in the I-864, and the lady actually said that I can mail both I-864 and DS-230 together. My question is that I have not gotten the invoice for IV, is it possible to send it?

Also once I paid for AOS, I got a barcode cover letter. Is this cover letter good for both I-864 and DS-230 or I get a different cover letter for DS-230.

The lady got me confused by saying that you can submit both applications at once with the cover letter I have, but I assume to get another cover letter after the IV payment.

Filed: Timeline

Just called NVC. Case not received yet. sad.gif She said it takes 15 business days. My NOA2 was approved on the 11th.

mine took 16 days. take it easy.

My case: **USCIS**

Aug. 23, 2012--- Sent I-130

Aug. 27,2012 ---- NOA1

**After 204 days**
Mar. 18, 2013--- APPROVED!!! NOA2
March 22,2013-- Rec'd NOA2 hardcopy in the mail, also case has been rec'd by NVC
**NVC-After 16 days**
April 3, 2013 --- Received Case
April 11, 2013 --- Assigned Case # (25 days) After 8 days
April 16, 2013 --- I-864(AOS) Bill Generated After 5 days
April 16, 2013 --- DS-3032 SENT(sent from Beneficiary`s email)
April 16, 2013 --- AOS precessing fee paid (rejected)
April 16, 2013 --- Electronic processing requested(sent from petitioner`s email)
April 17, 2013 --- AOS precessing fee paid (in process)
April 19, 2013 --- AOS fee cleared by bank ($88) After 2 days after paid
April 22, 2013 --- Electronic processing accepted After 6 days after paid
April 22, 2013 --- DS-3032 accepted After 6 days after submitted
April 22, 2013 --- I-864 Package emailed
April 24, 2013 --- DS-230 Package emailed
April 24, 2013 --- IV Bill ($230) generated and paid
April 25, 2013 --- IV Bill cleared by bank ($230) After 1 days after paid
April 28, 2013 --- AOS Bill SHOW PAID ($88) After 11 days after paid
April ??, 2013 --- IV Bill SHOW PAID ($230)
April 26, 2013 --- I-864 received After 4 days after submitted
April ??, 2013 --- I-864 accepted After 1 days after submitted
April ??, 2013 --- DS-230 received After 1 days after submitted
April ??, 2013 --- DS-230 accepted After 1 days after submitted
April ??, 2013 --- Case Complete and package transfer to Guangzhou !!!!!!!!
**GUZ**
April ??, 2013 --- Medical
April ??, 2013 --- Interview Date
April ??, 2013 --- POE

I have Just paid the AOS bill online and called NVC to see if I can send in the I-864, and the lady actually said that I can mail both I-864 and DS-230 together. My question is that I have not gotten the invoice for IV, is it possible to send it?

Also once I paid for AOS, I got a barcode cover letter. Is this cover letter good for both I-864 and DS-230 or I get a different cover letter for DS-230.

The lady got me confused by saying that you can submit both applications at once with the cover letter I have, but I assume to get another cover letter after the IV payment.

You can only send packages in AFTER the respective bill has been paid. If you haven't paid the IV bill, then you shouldn't send the IV package in (it'll only delay things).

Each package has their own bar-coded cover sheet. The AOS bill one is for the AOS package, the IV bill one is for the IV package.

The operator you got was confused. She was probably thinking that both bills have been paid. Then you can send both packages together (with their respective cover sheets as the first page for each). But, until the bill is paid, you shouldn't send the respective package.

Timeline

You can only send packages in AFTER the respective bill has been paid. If you haven't paid the IV bill, then you shouldn't send the IV package in (it'll only delay things).

Each package has their own bar-coded cover sheet. The AOS bill one is for the AOS package, the IV bill one is for the IV package.

The operator you got was confused. She was probably thinking that both bills have been paid. Then you can send both packages together (with their respective cover sheets as the first page for each). But, until the bill is paid, you shouldn't send the respective package.

Thank you Saylin, thats what I thought makes more sense.

I have another question, should I wait to send my AOS package till the AOS bill is marked as "Paid" or send it during pending?

Send it during pending - then come join the April thread and the soon to be may thread. Everyone moves to the new month.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

Send it during pending - then come join the April thread and the soon to be may thread. Everyone moves to the new month.

I 'll send it today then. How do I join the April and May thread, I dont know the link?

You can't see it on the main forum board? huh.png

Here lazy pants:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/422214-nvc-filers-april-2013/

LOL!!

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

I have a question: Is this right that a petitioner must file AOS i864 even though he isn't qulified based on income to support an intentional immigrant? and has two joint sponsors who actually will support an intentinal immigrant? can a petitioner skip sending i864?

thank you!

I have a question: Is this right that a petitioner must file AOS i864 even though he isn't qulified based on income to support an intentional immigrant? and has two joint sponsors who actually will support an intentinal immigrant? can a petitioner skip sending i864?

thank you!

Whether the petitioner is employed or not, they must ALWAYS fill out their own I-864.

thank you so much for clarification!

How about if he didn't file tax returns for the last 3 years!? just leave box #13 unchecked?

Are you using the new I-864 form?

i guess yes: exp 03/31/2015. why? old form didn't have that question?

BTW, Saylin: thank you so much for your running this thread and explaining everything. i was very happy when i found it: all information in one place! it is sooooo helpful! thank you again!

i guess yes: exp 03/31/2015. why? old form didn't have that question?

BTW, Saylin: thank you so much for your running this thread and explaining everything. i was very happy when i found it: all information in one place! it is sooooo helpful! thank you again!

I ask because the questions are numbered differently, so #13 is something different on the old form. But, in response to your question, if the petitioner didn't file tax returns (due to no income), then I suppose the petitioner wouldn't check off #13 then. A letter would be required in the AOS package though explaining why no tax returns were filed.

And no problem! Glad to clear things up ^_^

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.