Saylin

NVC Filers - March 2013

2,519 posts in this topic

Hello everyone!

Been a while since I have posted in here.

I just had a quick question for Saylin or Darnel or whomever may know.

My wife got the approval letter after the interview this week but now our status is showing as AP.

I was curious if this was normal to have as a status before they send her passport and the brown envelope to her.

Please advise.

Thank you very much in advance.

Relationship and I-130 Process

Sometime in October, 2011: We met online talking about Argentina.
Later in October: Met in person in Philadelphia and became good friends.
March 4, 2012: Became girlfriend and boyfriend, officially.
March 21: Gloria leaves the US at the end of her J-1 Visa.
April 9: Got engaged!
May 12-26: Chris visits Buenos Aires.
May 18: Got married in Argentina :) Happy day!!
May 29: Sent out I-130
June 4: NOA1 received.
August 17-20: Chris visits again.
September 22-29: Chris 3rd visit, Gloria's birthday!
November 11-January 5: Chris stays in Argentina almost 2 months, Gloria is happy!
December 28: NOA2 YAY!!!
December 31: Package received at NVC.
January 18, 2013: Got case # and IIN.
February 6: Case complete!!
February 11: Interview assigned.
February 25: Package received at Embassy in Buenos Aires.
March 18: Interview Approved!!
March 28: Visa received.
March 29: Houston POE

April 11: received greencard!!!!!!!

January 9, 2015: sent out form I-751

Hello everyone!

Been a while since I have posted in here.

I just had a quick question for Saylin or Darnel or whomever may know.

My wife got the approval letter after the interview this week but now our status is showing as AP.

I was curious if this was normal to have as a status before they send her passport and the brown envelope to her.

Please advise.

Thank you very much in advance.

Where exactly are you seeing this status?

Either way, yes, it can be normal as they're simply processing your visa. But, on the other hand, it could mean true AP and you should find out if it's just basic background checks or if they need something from you, or something else.

I'd suggest calling up DOS on Monday once they're open and inquire about your status. If you can, also contact your embassy (either through phone or email). See what both of those places say.

Where exactly are you seeing this status?

Either way, yes, it can be normal as they're simply processing your visa. But, on the other hand, it could mean true AP and you should find out if it's just basic background checks or if they need something from you, or something else.

I'd suggest calling up DOS on Monday once they're open and inquire about your status. If you can, also contact your embassy (either through phone or email). See what both of those places say.

We tried the CEAC stat tracker website. Last update was on thursday 21st. I had my interview last monday and was approved, they even told me that we sent way too many things. I am hoping this is normal, but we are still calling DOS on Monday. We were just wondering what is the status people usually get before "ISSUED"

Thank you Saylin!

Relationship and I-130 Process

Sometime in October, 2011: We met online talking about Argentina.
Later in October: Met in person in Philadelphia and became good friends.
March 4, 2012: Became girlfriend and boyfriend, officially.
March 21: Gloria leaves the US at the end of her J-1 Visa.
April 9: Got engaged!
May 12-26: Chris visits Buenos Aires.
May 18: Got married in Argentina :) Happy day!!
May 29: Sent out I-130
June 4: NOA1 received.
August 17-20: Chris visits again.
September 22-29: Chris 3rd visit, Gloria's birthday!
November 11-January 5: Chris stays in Argentina almost 2 months, Gloria is happy!
December 28: NOA2 YAY!!!
December 31: Package received at NVC.
January 18, 2013: Got case # and IIN.
February 6: Case complete!!
February 11: Interview assigned.
February 25: Package received at Embassy in Buenos Aires.
March 18: Interview Approved!!
March 28: Visa received.
March 29: Houston POE

April 11: received greencard!!!!!!!

January 9, 2015: sent out form I-751

We tried the CEAC stat tracker website. Last update was on thursday 21st. I had my interview last monday and was approved, they even told me that we sent way too many things. I am hoping this is normal, but we are still calling DOS on Monday. We were just wondering what is the status people usually get before "ISSUED"

Thank you Saylin!

Unfortunately, I can't really help much with the CEAC site as that was introduced way after I had arrived in the US, so I'm not sure of the statuses.

Both DS-260s are done.

Both IV packages are e-mailed off.

Now to hopefully get our cases complete shortly with NO checklists.

I think today was one of the most stressful days in the process.

But hubby is worth it.. (L)

Both DS-260s are done.

Glad you got it all done good.gif Time to relax a bit for now!

Both DS-260s are done.

Hi Hikergirl, have a question about your statement in regards to your IV packages. You said "e-mailed off IV packages". Is it possible to email the original docs?

Only if you live in countries that do electronic processing. Most countries do not.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

[#1029] Your signature exceeds the maximum allowed length. Please go back and shorten it a little.headbonk.gif

Grrrr why

I have had the same problems. Very frustrating! One hint: if you are trying to add another line below and you type a return character at the end of the line it will add all sorts of invisible "BB code" to your signature. Which increases the length. The secret is to type one character at the end of your current line then put the cursor in front of that character and then hit the return key. No extra formatting will be added before and after the invisible return character. One more thing: to remove all the formatting and start over click on the "double A icon with the red badge with a minus in it" at the top left. Then reformat all of your text from scratch. This will clean it all up and remove the invisible BB code formatting.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

My IV invoice showed paid yesterday... ha! some secret Samaritan workers at NVC on weekends... :-)

Now my question is, how long does it take for NVC to schedule interview after case complete. Do you get an interview date the day the case is complete?

Trying to plan a trip to be there around interview time. Not sure if I can pull off being present at interview though.

Thanks!

USCIS
20-Oct-11 - Married
26-Sep-12 - Became US Citizen (I did wait for this to file I-130. I think I should have filed as LPR and upgrade my case later)
3-Oct-12 - I-130 Sent (Fedex)
23-Jan-13 - NOA2 : Interview at field office - APPROVED same day!!!
NVC
05.Mar.13: NVC Received - Finally (USCIS made an error and set my file for Adjustment of Status. It took me energy to get it fixed!)
05.Mar.13: Case number/IIN
05.Mar.13: DS-3032 sent
07.Mar.13: AOS bill
07.Mar.13: AOS package sent
08.Mar.13: AOS bill shows PAID
14.Mar.13: DS-3032 accepted
15.Mar.13: IV bill
18-Mar.13: AOS packet accepted / no checklist
19.Mar.13: IV package sent
23.Mar.13: IV bill shows PAID
02.Apr.13: Case complete!!
03.Apr.13: File sent to embassy
07.Apr.13: Received at embassy
11.Apr.13: Interview scheduled
18.Apr.13: Medical exam
23.Apr.13: Interview (APPROVED)
24.Apr.13: Visa (however my wife will only pick it up on 27.May.13)
XX.XXX.13: POE

event.png

Saylin - edit me on the spreadsheet! I'm still all blank! LOL!!

Updated! laughing.gif

My IV invoice showed paid yesterday... ha! some secret Samaritan workers at NVC on weekends... :-)

Now my question is, how long does it take for NVC to schedule interview after case complete. Do you get an interview date the day the case is complete?

Trying to plan a trip to be there around interview time. Not sure if I can pull off being present at interview though.

Thanks!

It varies by country. Some times it could be the day after, sometimes a week, sometimes a few weeks. Just gotta be patient!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Any recent case Completes that haven't come over to add themselves to the case Complete Interview List. Come on over.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/417100-april-2013-interviews/page__st__390__gopid__6073934#entry6073934

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

well, NYCbound is having a similar issue, so I think it just depends on how you answer the question, when you are filling it out, try putting "yes" for that question and see what happens, you can always change it back to "no" if the next field that opens is unsuitable.

Ok then, your good to go, no worries there, since it only asks for the past 10 years of employment :D:)

I had tried putting "Yes" as well, but from what I remember (its locked now), it didn't have any instructions asking to provide employment for the last ten years or any other instructions (and I THINK you could not put an end date, but I can't remember). Also, on the tabs/titles for the different sections on the left of the form, under Work it only has "Present" and "Additional" (which is where the military question shows up).

I tried calling NVC again about it but the operator didn't know what I was talking about again... But I hope Saylin is right and I won't likely get a checklist!

USCIS
2009-08-03 - Marriage
2012-12-19 - I-130 Sent
2012-12-20 - NOA1
2013-01-25 - NOA2 - email(36 days from NOA1 date)
2013-01-29 - Email saying NOA2 was mailed to me on Jan 28
2013-02-04 - Email saying case sent to NVC
2013-02-08 - Received hardcopy of NOA2 (Notice Date Jan. 28, 2013).

NVC
2013-02-11 - NVC Received
2013-02-28 - Case Number, IIN, BIN assigned, OPTIN email sent
2013-03-01 - Completed DS-261 online(DS-3032), resent OPTIN email
2013-03-04 - Received/Paid AOS I-864 Bill
2013-03-05 - OPTIN accepted
2013-03-06 - AOS I-864 Bill Appears as PAID, AOS I-864 Package sent by email
2013-03-12 - Email from NVC that AOS I-864 Package Received
2013-03-12 - AOS Reviewed and Approved (per NVC operator)
2013-03-15 - False Checklist Received(AOS Approved)
2013-03-18 - DS-261 Accepted
2013-03-20 - Receive/Pay IV Bill
2013-03-22 - IV Bill Appears as PAID
2013-03-22 - Submit DS-260 online, emailed supporting documents
2013-04-01 - Supporting IV Documents Received (email)
2013-04-02 - CASE COMPLETE
2013-04-04 - Received false checklist for passport photos (email); received hardcopy false checklist for DS-261
2013-04-10 - Recieved case complete confirmation email

2013-04-29 - Medical in Toronto

2013-05-15 - Interview in Montreal - APPROVED!!

2013-05-21 - Picked up VISA from Loomis

2013-05-27 - POE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.