Saylin

NVC Filers - March 2013

2,519 posts in this topic

Hi Saylin!

Thanks for the info i really appreciate all the help. I really couldnt do it without you. I got the IV invoice and paid... shows paid already which gave the availability to fill out the Ds-260. Im assuming the ds-260 is the online version of the IV package? so once i finish this up all i need to do is wait to get the successful opt in of electronic filing and send the AOS.... and hopefully i dont get some type of checklist for either IV or the AOS, is that correct? Now im almost done filling out the ds-260, but two questions are a bit confusing in our case. My wife is a student In Juarez for Nursing and is almost done with her degree, all she needs to do is an internship (Which in Mexico means sending her to a little town in the middle of no where for a year with pay of about 10-15 dollars biweekly LOL) to finish her degree. Eventually, if god permits and we get through this whole journey and obtain her green card she will try and revalidate her schooling in the U.S. or finish her title and get certified to practice in the U.S. Given this information, Saylin, what do you think we should answer to these questions?

-Are you a graduate of a foreign medical school seeking to perform medical services in the United States but have not yet passed the National Board of Medical Examiners examination or its equivalent?

-Yes (Box appears asking for an explanation)

-No

-Are you a health care worker seeking to perform such work in the United States but have not yet received certification from the Commission on Graduates of Foreign Nursing Schools or from an equivalent approved independent credentialing organization?

-Yes (Box appears asking for an explanation)

-No

The DS-260 is an online version of the DS-230. You'll have to complete the D-260 and then send in the supporting documents for the IV package (passport photos, scan of bio-data page of passport, birth certificate, marriage certificate, police certificate, etc). Basically, everything in the IV package except the DS-230/DS-260.

For the school question, she hasn't graduated, so I would say no in that box.

The second one you can probably say yes to. Then just explain she's currently in school for nursing, and that she'd like to get certified upon entering into the US as she won't have enough time to get certified in Mexico before leaving.

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

Thank you! And Saylin, where could I find info on the IV package? I'm assuming I can send the supporting docs via email once I get the electronic opt in?. As always, thank you for all the help.

The DS-260 is an online version of the DS-230. You'll have to complete the D-260 and then send in the supporting documents for the IV package (passport photos, scan of bio-data page of passport, birth certificate, marriage certificate, police certificate, etc). Basically, everything in the IV package except the DS-230/DS-260.

For the school question, she hasn't graduated, so I would say no in that box.

The second one you can probably say yes to. Then just explain she's currently in school for nursing, and that she'd like to get certified upon entering into the US as she won't have enough time to get certified in Mexico before leaving.

NOA2 received today!! Praise God! NVC, here we come. :)

2013 began CR1 process

Fast forward to:

2/24/16- Husband received 10 year green card

Starting the process over again for our daughter (IR2):

1/13/16 NOA1 from Potomac Service Center

4/5/16 NOA2!

4/7/16 Case sent to NVC

4/22/16 Received NVC Case and Invoice Numbers

4/22/16 Submitted DS-261

4/22/16 Invoice for AOS Received. Paid AOS Fee

4/25/16 AOS Fee shows as PAID

4/27/16 Invoice for IV Received. Paid IV Fee

4/29/16 IV Fee Shows as PAID

4/29/16 Submitted DS-260

5/6/16 Sent AOS and IV packages

5/9/16 AOS and IV packages received by NVC

5/9/16 Scan Date

6/10/16 Case Complete

8/8/16 Received Interview Date

9/20/16 Interview Date

Thank you! And Saylin, where could I find info on the IV package? I'm assuming I can send the supporting docs via email once I get the electronic opt in?. As always, thank you for all the help.

All the information you need is in the first two posts. Please read and re-read everything.

NOA2 received today!! Praise God! NVC, here we come. :)

Congrats! kicking.gif

Filed: Country: Ghana
Timeline

Ok saylin and members of VJ, my spouse case is completed but as i was going thru stuff to make sure everything is okay for the interview i noticed that in the copy of my tax transcripts for 2012 my spouse foreign income was $0.00 eventhough she earned like $1500.00 in US equivalent as she only worked 3 months in 2012 and is now unemployed. My question is do i have to amend my 2012 tax transcript to include this $1500.00 foreign income from my spouse since we filled joint and have her go with the amended returns? I know this $1500.00 is tax exempt. Will the consulate have issues because this income was not reported on our joint returns?

Thanks

Hmmmm.... that makes me nervous now. At the top of the page when I was filling out the form, the title reads "Present Work/Education/Training Information" and it had a note underneath that said "NOTE: Provide the following information concerning your current employment or education."

So, I didn't think I had to put past employment/education.... So I just filled out my present employment and answered "NO" to the question "Do you have other occupations?"

Has anyone else filled out the form recently that did the same as me? Having total anxiety now...

Okay, I just filled out my daughter’s DS-260.

Nowhere did I see them asking for anything other than current employment/schooling.

I did her’s first because it was the easy one :)

I think the DS-260 currently only asks for current employment but it has asked for previous in the past. The DS-230 does ask for previous employers.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Okay, I just filled out my daughter’s DS-260.

Nowhere did I see them asking for anything other than current employment/schooling.

I did her’s first because it was the easy one :)

Well, I filled out my DS260 in Feb, after putting my current employment it asked "Have you been previously employed" to which I answered "Yes", then it asked me to provide my employment history of the past 10 years. It depends how you answer the question, if you say "No" it won't prompt you to give previous employments.

event.png

Well, I filled out my DS260 in Feb, after putting my current employment it asked "Have you been previously employed" to which I answered "Yes", then it asked me to provide my employment history of the past 10 years. It depends how you answer the question, if you say "No" it won't prompt you to give previous employments.

I wonder how often they change this form!

Maybe it differs for children?

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

It asked me for Primary Occupation then “Do you have other occupations?” to which I said no.

It didn’t ask anything about previous employers.

*2 completed now onto the scanning - yuck

Edited by hikergirl

Timeline

It asked me for Primary Occupation then “Do you have other occupations?” to which I said no.

It didn’t ask anything about previous employers.

I think it's just worded differently, did you try saying "yes" to see what options it gives you next? I'd try that if you haven't submitted the form yet, it might only prompt you to put in the previous employments for the past ten years when you say "yes" to that questions.

event.png

I think it's just worded differently, did you try saying "yes" to see what options it gives you next? I'd try that if you haven't submitted the form yet, it might only prompt you to put in the previous employments for the past ten years when you say "yes" to that questions.

I’ve worked for the same job for almost 22 years now, so it wasn’t a big deal either way.

I just wanted to clarify the wording.

My daughter’s had school as her primary and her after school job as well. So if one of our forms were to ask for previous it would have been her’s.

Edited by hikergirl

Timeline

well, NYCbound is having a similar issue, so I think it just depends on how you answer the question, when you are filling it out, try putting "yes" for that question and see what happens, you can always change it back to "no" if the next field that opens is unsuitable.

I’ve worked for the same job for almost 22 years now, so it wasn’t a big deal either way.

I just wanted to clarify the wording.

My daughter’s had school as her primary and her after school job as well. So if one of our forms were to ask for previous it would have been her’s.

Ok then, your good to go, no worries there, since it only asks for the past 10 years of employment :D:)

event.png

Guess I'll see how it goes when I fill it out myself. darn weekend! HAHA! blush.gif

so for my DS-260 I've recorded 18 moves (13 different addresses)... most of which have as accurate of dates as I can do. List has been okay'd by my mom. LOL

I wish the DS-260 was like the DS-230 and only ask for month year and only places you've lived 6 months! /headdesk

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.